The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Veiled Heritance and other nerfed sets

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    Heavy New Moon Acolyte. Problem solved.

Not everyone has Sorcerer (Sta/Ma) to use it.

And agree with those above complain about VH.
    Was a set that was in par to AY on Templars with 90% uptime. Far superior to Briarheart 75% uptime, and even that little resistance it was giving was 10-15% more than what a usual medium armour running DD.

Also nerfing Ravange, at the time making Templar Jabs Direct Damage, is ironic. :(

ZOS argument for nerfing those heavy sets, was complete BS while leaving AY intact which is a heavy set when same argument applies.

And if someone looks my past history, this is the only subject criticized ZOS for anything the past 5 1/2 years.
    (there is 1 more post about VH & Ravager few months back).
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on October 30, 2019 10:24AM
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    Heavy New Moon Acolyte. Problem solved.

Not everyone has Sorcerer (Sta/Ma) to use it.

And agree with those above complain about VH.
    Was a set that was in par to AY on Templars with 90% uptime. Far superior to Briarheart 75% uptime, and even that little resistance it was giving was 10-15% more than what a usual medium armour running DD.

Also nerfing Ravange, at the time making Templar Jabs Direct Damage, is ironic. :(

ZOS argument for nerfing those heavy sets, was complete BS while leaving AY intact which is a heavy set when same argument applies.

And if someone looks my past history, this is the only subject criticized ZOS for anything the past 5 1/2 years.
    (there is 1 more post about VH & Ravager few months back).

Well, if you can't adjust to the 5% cost increase then don't use it. Keep in mind, this set adds 600 spell/wpn damage. No other set offers this much raw damage stats with no proc condition and 100% up-time. VH is obsolete (for now). It goes in the decon bin with the other garbage sets like Prayer Shawl.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

+1 here. 3 gold VH weapons = 24 alloys, at ~9k each = 216k gold. Plus the gold I spent on buying the weapons and armor.
    Oh only 3 weapons? Lucky you!
    I do not need paypal, refund in gold is enough.:)
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resurrection:

Time to add Iceheart and Armor of Truth on the list?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resurrection:

Iceheart is still good with 500dmg, 5k shield and 6s cd, it would of been dead with 12s cd.

Armor of Truth procs on any damage done to a target with off balance for 10s. Off balance lasts 7s, with a 15s CD, from the moment of applying off balance, you practically guarantee yourself 17s of the Armor of Truth buff, with only 5s downtime. This is assuming 1 target, with more than 1 enemy, this set is easier than live to have 100 % uptime and makes a great 1 bar set option.

So no, neither set is dead like Veiled Herritance.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now hold on, this 5th bonus is now absolutely useless for PVP or even PVE. Interrupting is impossible in PVP
    Why you think so?

PVP is fast paced, interrupting an enemy is so very marginal. And the reward for such, 400 WD, is not worth the hassle to be honest. Not when you can choose so many other sets instead.. I guess you could proc this new Veiled set by stalking players resurrecting others heh..

I remember when people said Fury, Ravager etc. needs a nerf but I honestly never saw anyone have a problem with Veiled Heritance. The weapon damage bonus of it wasn't as high as the others so it should've been left untouched like Truth.

While i agree with you, i kinda want to try Veiled along with Venom arrow. I like to try to make garbage sets work in PvP.
    Edited by Vietfox on February 17, 2020 10:58AM
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be a recurring theme around here that as soon as sets are fun and people start to use them, they get hit with the nerf bat.

It is really starting to get me to not want to farm sets at all anymore.

I’m so sick of nerfs.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still hurts to see two fully golded and retraited sets of Veiled weaps and jewels, eh.
    Edited by colossalvoids on February 17, 2020 11:03AM
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resurrection:

Iceheart is still good with 500dmg, 5k shield and 6s cd, it would of been dead with 12s cd.

Armor of Truth procs on any damage done to a target with off balance for 10s. Off balance lasts 7s, with a 15s CD, from the moment of applying off balance, you practically guarantee yourself 17s of the Armor of Truth buff, with only 5s downtime. This is assuming 1 target, with more than 1 enemy, this set is easier than live to have 100 % uptime and makes a great 1 bar set option.

So no, neither set is dead like Veiled Herritance.

But will Truth refresh itself whenever you hit an enemy during that 7s Off Balance?
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not EVERY set needs to be used. There's a lot of sets that have fallen by the wayside. Just use a different set
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Hey,

ESPECIALLY now that ZOS is releasing a new craftable set that increases weapon damage a flat 480.

That's the point - they make a place for new sets. They nerf old sets to make you buy new dlcs and grind again. Every publisher is doing that and drama nerfqueens are clapping. Fury, 7th and Ravager are garbage right now in no-CP.

When a MMO adjust items, races, classes, etc... they are trying to increase or decrease the usage of whatever the developer adjusted.

Templar was for the longest time from experience best and only really used as a healer because the damage was just awful. Recent updates has made Templar one of the better damage dealer in the game. The developers wanted to see more players using Templars outside of healing. It worked but it also caused an imbalance

As for gear, same idea. Some pieces are over used. Either new better gear is released or older gear is adjusted to not be as good or other older gear that is rarely used is adjusted to be better. Some times a developer completely makes baffling decisions and the player base just doesn't know why a change for something happened other than for the fact a change happened even though it didn't appear to be needed.

One thing we don't have as players is the data the devs have. That data is how decisions are made in business. The data they collected maybe why sets are changed and we as players are asking why it was change, this set is barely used. Well, maybe we feel it is barely used but it maybe used way more than we as player realize.