The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Please nerf relequen and give room for other sets to shine!

• Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop asking for Nerfs and start asking for others to be buffed
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. ESO needs diversity, in terms of builds.

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf it but let it be usefull. People need to have the choice. Don't destroy it, it's a good set. Just nerf a little bit the dmg and it's can be great.
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »

Exactly why I said buff old sets and give class flavor to each so each class would use different sets therefore creating build diversity
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or.. you know. We could get ZoS to bring other sets up to par. Just a suggestion.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is a nerf X thread and for good reason, many people don't relealize that this set had a hand in many of the huge nerfs to damage in general, it does 10k dps on its own with just light attacking plus the extra minor slayer and the extra stat on 5 piece if you have perfected version.

Even lokkestiz buffs your damage by 20% so if you do good damage it buffs it but it doesnt do the damage for you.

Now after all the Dot nerf relequen still hasnt been nerfed to balance with dots and it was already crucial before now its even worse. Before relequen stamina damage was good and different builds were viable.

Imagine how many more sets can be used if you removed relequen from that slot and it will also motivate the balance team to buff damage in general since players will lose a lot of damage from this set, after that you can use other stuff.

Other much weaker sets have been nerfed for less and this set almost wasn't touched for a year and a half now

shut up shut up shutttt upppppp!!!
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another dumb thread crying for nerfs. Brilliant!

Buff other sets and rework existing sets.

That simple.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That simple.

And make more power creep to eventually nerf all skills to the ground brillliant
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's logical to have the best trial gear sets come from the more difficult/most recent trials (Cloudrest and Sunspire currently), you need to beat the best in order to wear the best.

I'm sure in new, upcoming trials there will be sets that take the mantles from Relequen/Lokk and Siroria/False God's.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Relequen has been pointed out long before. I don't remember where I read the argument first and was convinced that for this very reason we will keep a strong Relequen set. However, it convinced me and I like to repeat it.

It's because of PvP.

Relequen isn't usable in PvP. So it's a pure PVE set. I allows Stamina DPS in many situations to deal their nice damage, while keeping their strength in PvP.

If you were to nerf Relequen significantly, you would have to make up for it elsewhere. Either by buffing Stamina DPS in general (like buffing skills, passives etc.) or by buffing other item sets.

What do you imagine would happen if Stamina DPS was buffed in general? You can imagine, it would be a problem in PVP, where Stamina would rule Cyrodiil.

What do you imagine would happen if other Stamina DPS sets would be buffed? You can imagine there is a high probability that those sets might be OP in PVP very fast.

So right now Relequen is a tool to achieve good Stamina DPS in PVE while making them not OP in PVP.

Anyway, there will probably always a META set and it doesn't really matter if it is Relequen, Viper's Sting, Twice-Fanged Serpent or Hunding's Rage.

I personally would like to have more diversity. Relequen is just so strong, you can't get past it and I guess next patch it will be even more important to make use of Relequen, because sustain and dots got nerfed. So compared to your damage over time by using skills Relequen will be even stronger.

In Trash Fights etc. in my opinion we have a huge diversity. I've tried over the last few months different combinations of Master 2H, DW, Vicious Ophidian, Twice-Fanged-Strike, Briarheart, Lokkestiiz, Deadly Strike, Tzogvin's, Automaton and they all worked, getting DPS numbers very close so I ended up just using those sets, which suited best to my style. This might be different for more enthusiastic groups were Lokkestiiz probably will outshine every other sets, but in progression groups where players die in trash fights, like in vSS in the big room, you probably won't make much use out of Lokkestiiz because of lack of synergies, time spent rezzing etc.

In Dungeons, doing Pledges, DLC achievements etc. I don't wear Relequen, but a combination out of TFS, VO and Briarheart depending on my mood. Most bosses either die after 1-2 rotations so you can't even reach max Relequen stacks or they are so mechanic-heavy you have to stop attacking the boss and lose your stacks.

So yes, Relequen is strong, but it's not so good you would use it everywhere.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »

Exactly why I said buff old sets and give class flavor to each so each class would use different sets therefore creating build diversity

That simple.

And make more power creep to eventually nerf all skills to the ground brillliant

Not asking for buffs in that sense just in the sense that stam is t pushed into just relequen and lokke and magicka isn’t pushed into surprise false gods and such.

This is the 3rd time I’m suggesting rework some older sets and even relequen to be class specific as relequen already has a stam sorc feel to it make it require being a stam sorc so BiS stam fear on sorc involves that set and is wasted on other classes. Do something similar with other trial sets VO for instance can get themed for dragon knights
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest the problem with pve isn't just with sets like Rele , it’s with the trail dummy parses and trail groups demanding 75k+ dps

1.the trail dummy parse doesn’t hit back , doesn’t force you to adapt your rotation on the move , can be cheesed for better dps result and doesn’t accurately show how hard you hit in an instance.

2. Trials teams demanding over 70k when anything in this game can be done with 50k.

It’s not a case of nerf end game trail sets , it’s lower the necessity of everyone to get through content in 5mins and burn through mechanics , I agree completely with the poster who said best gear for beating hardest content , that’s how any mmo should be.

OP doesn’t like rele? Don’t use it then but please don’t come on here and beg for nerfs , we’ve had enough nerfing already.

Reworking old sets would be welcomed purely to allow more diversity amongst stam builds.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I use it on some of my characters, but usually for trial fights where there are mechanics which involve the group stacking on the boss and treating it like a target dummy. Relquen's is really not so great in situations where your character has to move around a lot. Have you ever used Relequen's in a variety of settings? Try wearing it in vMA, and tell me if you honestly want to switch it out for a different set. So why nerf a set that has limited functionality already?
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iaminc wrote: »
    To be honest the problem with pve isn't just with sets like Rele , it’s with the trail dummy parses and trail groups demanding 75k+ dps

1.the trail dummy parse doesn’t hit back , doesn’t force you to adapt your rotation on the move , can be cheesed for better dps result and doesn’t accurately show how hard you hit in an instance.

2. Trials teams demanding over 70k when anything in this game can be done with 50k.

It’s not a case of nerf end game trail sets , it’s lower the necessity of everyone to get through content in 5mins and burn through mechanics , I agree completely with the poster who said best gear for beating hardest content , that’s how any mmo should be.

OP doesn’t like rele? Don’t use it then but please don’t come on here and beg for nerfs , we’ve had enough nerfing already.

Reworking old sets would be welcomed purely to allow more diversity amongst stam builds.

Nothing will ever match a 10k dps set for just light attacking without breaking the game
  • hregrin
    hregrin
    ✭✭✭
    iaminc wrote: »

Nothing will ever match a 10k dps set for just light attacking without breaking the game

Once again Relequen isn't just a free 10k DPS in every context. It's highly contextual. Basically as soon as you have priority switches between targets in a fight Relequen becomes useless. It means it's good in about half the trial bosses fights in the game, probably around 60% of the dungeon boss fights (I honestly pull this one out of my ass, I haven't done the math), but it's completely useless in thrash packs and in PvP. There's nothing gamebreaking about Relequen, unless you only use dummy parses as a reference point.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted that every class needed a different set for BiS, i feel sad that every class uses the same set. If you look Alcast site it appears like PVE is just Ctrl+C Ctrl+V
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one to agree with nerfs but for once i can agree it's been the crown king for a very long time and wasn't exactly a fun set...