Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stone Giant Pros and Cons

• DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest con to this skill...... tanks can no longer chain stunned enemies...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel like you are the type of person that deserves a proper answer however I'll still give you FACTS, not an argument, just pure FACTS just to prove that yes, in case of stonefist and how it interacts with rest of stamDK kit, it being ranged is a CON.

Read , I know it is hard but try your best, I know you can do it.( I believe in you!)

So, stonefist is ''ranged'' spammable right? Just like snipe, c.frags or uh, all the other ranged stuff, except its not. It sits somewhere in the middle between melee and ranged, inhibiting bad traits of both options.

So lets list some facts about projectile spammables shared by stonefist.

1. It will be mitigated by wings.
    2. It will be absorbed by shimmering shields
    3. It will be reflected by any means of reflect(SnB ult or defensive posture)
    4. It will be blocked , dodged or cloaked easier than melee spammables due to the nature of projectile skills.

Oh and on top of all that the stagger effect can be cleansed.

So you might be thinking, but these are pain points shared by majority of ranged abilities, and you would be right.

AAAAND now comes the most cheesy part : stamDks will be using this ability at MELEE RANGE ANYWAYS, cause its quite literally, a melee class which playstyle has been described as ''in your face''.

(In your face just like the facts huh.)

So yes, after stating facts I can finally say that in case of stonefist being ranged is most definitely a con , not a pro.

Yaay, what an achievement. What a waste of my time. I guess I could quote this for future reference. Since some of you unironically look at stonefist and think its as strong as old c.frags.

I made an 8 old angry lol.

Werent people shitting on wings? How it is terrible? Since when people use wings as an ARGUNENT? Reflection is rare now.

Easier to block dodge and cloak comes with cost. Skills get harder to use with melee range. Using ranged skills at melee negate enemy's reactionary block, dodge and cloaks. And change of non-reactionary blocking, dodging and cloak is reduced significantly. But why care about this. You cant be as EDGY and COOL if you care about them. You need CAPSLOCK too.

I am using scatter shot for melee to 12 meters range most of time but ranged option is valuable. Casting poop fist againts other melee oponents is clear advantage.

Dizzy swing, the other stun+spam alternative, is cleanseable too.

People *** on poop fist just because it looks underwhelming.

Old frags were so op, no skill should be that op.
    8 yo FACTHS™ < grown ups

Yeah I should have just called you trash and moved on, would be such a ''grown up'' move on my part.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you like if Stone Giant would be a delayed burst skill, similar to Scorch from Warden or Blastbones from Necro?

To shake it up it could actually be a delayed burst damage over time. Yeah, burst dps, what's that? Let's say when it hits it doesn't let out a huge burst, but it could cause a short duration dot, maybe over 4 seconds. So it wouldn't be exactly the same as a Scorch copy and it would fit to the dps theme of DKs.

It could have an animation similar to the Stormfist monster set.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would you like if Stone Giant would be a delayed burst skill, similar to Scorch from Warden or Blastbones from Necro?

To shake it up it could actually be a delayed burst damage over time. Yeah, burst dps, what's that? Let's say when it hits it doesn't let out a huge burst, but it could cause a short duration dot, maybe over 4 seconds. So it wouldn't be exactly the same as a Scorch copy and it would fit to the dps theme of DKs.

Honestly, while I would prefer a delayed burst ability, such an ability already exists in Dk kit (inhale) . So making a poison inhale would be much fitting for the delayed burst in my opinion. (Check it out, Its one of the coolest abilities in DK kit yet not mentioned all that much, I love the blue flames.)

As for stonefist, I hate the ability , but not because its damage is weak or anything. It hits hard enough to do the job. The stun is clunky, the stagger mechanic favors PvE, but it hits hard enough so the rest doesn't even matter.

Thinking on it, nobody would complain this much if it was a stam whip with a 3 hit stun and a stagger mechanic. So after all, looks does matter, and melee class wants a melee spammable, naturally.

I'm sure the developers had the best intentions to make something good out of this ability since nobody really used it when it was magicka, but they kind of ignored why that was the case, or maybe they didn't had time to make a new animation.

Either way it would have been much better if it was just a melee punch. I would be quite happy with it if that was the case.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 15, 2019 8:38AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, while I would prefer a delayed burst ability, such an ability already exists in Dk kit (inhale) . So making a poison inhale would be much fitting for the delayed burst in my opinion. (Check it out, Its one of the coolest abilities in DK kit yet not mentioned all that much, I love the blue flames.)

As for stonefist, I hate the ability , but not because its damage is weak or anything. It hits hard enough to do the job. The stun is clunky, the stagger mechanic favors PvE, but it hits hard enough so the rest doesn't even matter.

Thinking on it, nobody would complain this much if it was a stam whip with a 3 hit stun and a stagger mechanic. So after all, looks does matter, and melee class wants a melee spammable, naturally.

I'm sure the developers had the best intentions to make something good out of this ability since nobody really used it when it was magicka, but they kind of ignored why that was the case, or maybe they didn't had time to make a new animation.

Either way it would have been much better if it was just a melee punch. I would be quite happy with it if that was the case.

Keep the stagger mechanic on stone fist and how about make it a tank tool by adding a taunt to it with splash taunting
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

Keep the stagger mechanic on stone fist and how about make it a tank tool by adding a taunt to it with splash taunting

And why does Dk tanks need another ability? DK tank is already the best.

Edit: In a more serious answer, this ability was meant for stamDKs, not really tank Dks, I think you're kind of missing out of the idea behind why it was reworked to be a stamina ability. They especially tried to make sure DK tanks can't really use it. But even if if was a ranged taunt, it would not make much sense considering DK tanks have chains and talons, and those two tools are all they need to control packs of ads really. As for a taunt, pierce armor is flawless.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 15, 2019 11:26AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

And why does Dk tanks need another ability? DK tank is already the best.

Edit: In a more serious answer, this ability was meant for stamDKs, not really tank Dks, I think you're kind of missing out of the idea behind why it was reworked to be a stamina ability. They especially tried to make sure DK tanks can't really use it. But even if if was a ranged taunt, it would not make much sense considering DK tanks have chains and talons, and those two tools are all they need to control packs of ads really. As for a taunt, pierce armor is flawless.

The skill was never used so they decide to throw it literally at stam dk despite many dks not wanting it so I suggested an alternative to make the skill used as dk tanks will not be using engulfing as much this still gives dk tanks a useful group utility skill as well as the first aoe taunt as I said a splash taunt