Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hammer Timer?

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there a timer on hammer? Thought it went to oblivion after a set time. Pretty dumb if not. One EP team had it for 2+ hours tonight and wrecked the map on PC CP NA server. They only gave up the hammer after getting EMP, scrolls, and 98% of the AD keeps. Is this intended? Or is this an exploitable bug?
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did they finally lose it? Was the wielder killed? I have my suspicions.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer has a specific timer, after which if you hover over it it will say something like;
    "Volundrung will return to oblivion when the wielder is killed"

So, after the initial time, lets say 40mins, there is essentially a huge target over the wielders head screaming KILL ME.

Volundrung also needs 'feeding' AP to keep it active, otherwise it kills the wielder.
    So whoever carries the hammer needs to keep gaining AP from killing enemies.

So, in your scenario above, the player is not cheating or exploiting, your faction just didn't kill the wielder for however long the hammer remained after that initial 40mins.

*I don't think it is 40mins, if anyone can clarify for sure :)
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer was white with the holder in his own keep for 3-4 minutes killing nobody. It was held for 4 hrs+ Something was bugged.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer was white with the holder in his own keep for 3-4 minutes killing nobody. It was held for 4 hrs+ Something was bugged.

If the hammer is bugged and player x knows it’s bugged but continues destroying everything, is that an exploitable offense warranting punishment? Player x knowingly ruined the campaign because of said bug. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by LegacyDM on July 22, 2019 5:44PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The truth is, he was able to kill an entire faction with a group of 5 people and only one healer repeatedly. lol

And in case you don't believe me, the full 8 hours session is right here.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 27, 2019 12:25AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    The truth is, he was able to kill an entire faction with a group of 5 people and only one healer repeatedly. lol

And in case you don't believe me, the full 8 hours session is right here.

I didn't see the video, but if what you are saying is true, then :D Only needs a guy to say "exposed" at the end.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 27, 2019 12:25AM
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP will cheat and exploit their way to win, since they can't win fairly. There is no way he should have been able to hold the weapon that long unless he was cheating or exploiting.

@ZOS_GinaBruno The cheater and his enablers should be perma-banned from the game and you should subtract EP points gained during the period and afterwards with the cheated scrolls and keeps.

Ah... I never ever saw an AD or DC that exploited or showed poor moral values. Maaaan, you really opened my eyes. All EP. And only EP. Right.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i watched all the footage, and the ad and dc faction farming by the small man grp is genuine with no evidence of cheat engine. However whats more interesting is that you can get EMP and VOLENDRUNG at the same time lol.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long live Emperor Jarl!
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw that stream, he held it for hours and didn’t die but he also was raking in ap. Not an exploit when 5 guys control the hammer slapping groups of 20+ At that point it is just coordinating to get rid of the guy. When he did get emp holding the hammer he jumped off a cliff to get his emp build on and got rid of the hammer.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that stream, he held it for hours and didn’t die but he also was raking in ap. Not an exploit when 5 guys control the hammer slapping groups of 20+ At that point it is just coordinating to get rid of the guy. When he did get emp holding the hammer he jumped off a cliff to get his emp build on and got rid of the hammer.

All the more reason hammer should have a self destruct after 30 min. Reminds me of launch when DK vamps were gods in cyrodil. They could tank endless amounts of people it was stupid.

[Edit to remove bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 27, 2019 12:11AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should have died while he was in keeps not killing people. That’s the part that’s suspect.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove/edit a few posts for baiting, flaming and bashing, all being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constrictive and respectful to avoid action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    I’m kind of wondering the same thing about how long the hammer stays out. I was in cyrodiil with another player and the same person that picked up the hammer had it over 5 hours. The players health bar never moved and they also were using transit shrines and recall stones. I thought that wasn’t supposed to work like that
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iirc, to keep the hammer you have to keep killing (and maybe destroying stuff). If they were able to remain active that might explain how they were able to hold onto the weapon that long. Just guessing as to how but it is the only reasoning that would make sense.

Edit: I do see it is suggested the person hid with the hammer and still held onto it. Best to report odd behavior and let Zos sort it out.
    Edited by idk on October 13, 2019 5:40AM
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    He was taking resources and keeps eventually. When he first obtained it he wasn’t. I thought it had a timer on it and also didn’t think you could use recall stones or transit shrines to go from keep to keep. The player probably still has it. I just logged out and it was still going. But there’s times it sat idle for a minute or so. It was the same faction I’m on but it still is unbalanced for other alliances to be wielding it over 5 hours. I’ve never seen anyone hold onto it that long before. He did more travel back and forth than actual damage.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression when the hammer turns white on the map yet it is still being held, it is bugged and will never vanish unless the wielder dies
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the hammer, it's a PvDoor weapon that should've never been added to the game.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer has a bug.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    The hammer has a bug.
    I agree. I talked to someone that was in cyrodiil after I logged out and they said the same person had the hammer for over 7 hours. He was able to get it again today after it went thru 3-4 other players, he wasn’t the first one to have it, so it went back to oblivion after about an hour. And his health bar never moves at all while he wields it either. There’s times when he uses transit shrines, he will wait inside a keep for several players to catch up and it doesn’t do anything to him. I’ve never seen it stay this long before since it started. I’m not being salty about it. It was in our alliance. But the way I see it is, it’s seriously needs to be balanced so it’s fair to all 3 alliances. The same person in our alliance has been empower several days in a row over it.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plans to make more of these super weapons. I would like to see them spawn somewhat close together time wise. So it's possible (but not likely) there could be 2 on the field at once. It has to have coding so the same faction doesn't get a weapon 2 times in a row, yet be random enough to give equal opportunity to all 3 factions.

Yes, the lag is something to deal with. But we're really already used to that aren't we? We still play and deal with it on a daily basis. The server isn't insta-crashing while the hammer is out (although some players might, which is bad), but overall? I still like the concept, and have never wielded it. Usually I'm solo on a toon that wouldn't survive having it without a decent group anyway.

The timers need to be adjusted. So I agree with posts about that, or have a stronger degen buff like the one from chaos ball in BG's.

As a side note, I really wish ZoS would make a message like a scroll carrier as to who picks it up for each wielder.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m kind of wondering the same thing about how long the hammer stays out. I was in cyrodiil with another player and the same person that picked up the hammer had it over 5 hours. The players health bar never moved and they also were using transit shrines and recall stones. I thought that wasn’t supposed to work like that

You can use teleporters and recall stones with it, and even ride a mount. But remember, it usually spawns well behind a factions' gate. So they need that travel ability to get where the action is. The wielder can NOT be emperor and pick it up. That is the only caveat I know of. I am curious if the hammer person can pick up a scroll? Don't think they can....but have never seen it attempted?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    I knew you could mount. The spawn locations are in several places. I’ve seen a few of them but never when the hammer is there. I thought they had talked about the wielded wasn’t supposed to be able to use transit shrines and was supposed to be fixed. But I might be wrong. Here’s a link to the spawn locations. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Artifact_Spawns
    I do think it needs to have a timer on it so it’s more balanced. Just think if the person holding it doesn’t ever lose it and decides to play for 24 hours, that kind of throws the respawn timer off if it’s supposed to drop 4-5 times a day.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over 9 hours the other day AD had it for on XNA server. It needs a hard timer.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It for sure needs a hard timer. It also needs some tweaking on its rules for where it spawns. If a faction has almost every single keep and outpost, every scroll, and has EMP there should be a zero percent chance the hammer spawns behind that factions gates. I can settle for them still being able to pick it up if another faction drops it but they should never ever start with the hammer spawning anywhere in their territory let alone behind their gates. I bring it up because it happened the other day and that should never be what happens.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    You can use teleporters and recall stones with it, and even ride a mount. But remember, it usually spawns well behind a factions' gate. So they need that travel ability to get where the action is. The wielder can NOT be emperor and pick it up. That is the only caveat I know of. I am curious if the hammer person can pick up a scroll? Don't think they can....but have never seen it attempted?[/quote]
    No they cannot, I tried just he other day and if you have the hammer it tells you on the top right of the screen that you are already holding an artifact
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc