The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please implement the changes for Grimfocus you promised in Elsweyr

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In the Elsweyr patch notes (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/474422/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-0-5-elsweyr-update-22#latest)
There's a note that the minimum travel time of grim focus has been reduced to 250ms down from 450ms, however this fix never made it into the game and were still stuck with the old and long delay even at point blank range.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler
Please implement that fix properly as it is hurting both magblade and stamnbs performance by a lot in PvP and ruins their identity and viability
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, this is a much needed change.
  • Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    I like hitting my damage ability and watching it take the next 5 years to hit the enemy.
    Just kidding, why is there a minimum travel time anyways?
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the problem with these "We are aware and plan to fix in future updates" statements. It's all PR stunts and most of the time we never actually see these promises come to fruition.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry all Grim Focus changes now belong to Stamsorcs LOL
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Also Minor Protection is missing from Dark Cloak, but no one bats an eye. Nobody cares about NB in combat team.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like hitting my damage ability and watching it take the next 5 years to hit the enemy.

Because scrubs don't like to die to well timed and prepared burst.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Nightblade, the high single-target damage class does too much single-target damage and people can't learn how to avoid combos, so got nerfed into the toilet.

Cast time on bow proc, Ult and the stamina fear.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a minimum travel time on all ranged abilities in order to give melee abilities an advantage over them in melee combat
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they ever fixed the minimum travel time for Crystal Frags, either. It still feels horrible.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Its great posts like these that always fall down the page, bump again
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stam sorc will represent you guys greatly for sharing your “identity” with us.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait this never made it live?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    At this point you could slap molten whip on the NB class instead of grim focus and the skill would fit better with Nightblades than current grim focus.

I mean wha tthe *** is it supposed to be? The heal is crap, the mitgation is unreliable and has nothing to do with the skill and the damage never hits.

528997230594490369.png?v=1
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because noobs are very very hardly vulnerable of any l2p if even
  • Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    And good luck comboing grim focus with your ult, as was intended.
    You CC the enemy, because your ult doesn't do that anymore, and then ult, which takes 2 seconds to go off and is going to be dodged 90% of the time unless there's a critical brain failure in the enemy
    Then you hit focus, and it'll either dissapear out of existence or be dodged 1s after they roll.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Wait this never made it live?
    Sure doesn’t feel like it
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you give us insight whether you're aware of this issue and if you fix it before Dragonhold reaches live servers?
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Careful now.. whenever ZOS reduces travel/channel time, they nerf the whole skill next patch!
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because casuals are bad, and casuals are the target customers for zos. It's the same reason for which they introduced those *** cast times on all immediate ults except templar's
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Could you tell us if you are aware of the issue and plan to fix it?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BohnT2 According to Gilliam they did make it into live.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (X) doubt
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    97I1UNE.png
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Temp and magdk have so many unavoidable burst combos and at the same time the actual burst classes aren't allowed to hit their burst (and even if they do your opponent just blocks/rolls and heals back to full hp in 1-2 gcd's...).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as you can see here, the travel time of concealed weapon is 0
    force pulse clocks in with ~300ms
    fire light attacks ~290ms
    but then we have to face 2 big issues:
    strife has a 500ms travel time
    same as will

for this test i was right on the target dummy.

this is far from "250ms" as mentioned in the patch notes and especially the travel time for strife is disgusting
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    S22GrPA.png
    and here's a metric for frags which also take ~500ms