The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Crown Store Product] Zoom to 50

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
They already have buying skill lines... what about buying your way to level 50 immediately, if you already have a gear-cap toon somewhere.
And with the disclaimer that ZOS takes no responsibility for your incompetence with the character if you choose to jump to level 50 right away.

This would make it a bit faster for people to redo toons into different classes or different Alliances. Instead of them watching Netflix while their toon stands in lightning at Alik'r dolmens.
Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 7, 2019 6:23AM
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    An upgrade to jump to lvl50 CP10 instantly.
    I like that. With the requirement to have at least one character leveled to 50 CP10 normally.

Guild Wars 2 has those, upgrade to instant level to max character lvl.
    But totally new players can uses them.
    GW2 idea to get more new players.
    Until they get slaughtered due to incompetence...

I still have several alt chartacters below lvl50 CP10 that i dont like leveling.

Though, how many or if any i would buy will depend on how expensive this upgrade will be.
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on October 7, 2019 12:13PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not just ask fir the end game titles while you’re at it
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... No. Was thinking you're asking for camera zoom. Level 50? Nah. FOV 50 instead of 70 for making even nicer portrait screenshots - yes, please.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is no end game. There is only grind. Do you play ESO or not?
    People level up then do the same things over and over again, just on a different toon.
    This token would just skip past the Alik'r dolmens over-and-over-again part.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Hmmm... No. Was thinking you're asking for camera zoom. Level 50? Nah. FOV 50 instead of 70 for making even nicer portrait screenshots - yes, please.

If you're actually wondering for a good Addon if you're on PC, download Screenshot Helper, PageUp/PageDown can increase and decrease the FOV.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

If you're actually wondering for a good Addon if you're on PC, download Screenshot Helper, PageUp/PageDown can increase and decrease the FOV.

I already have all the add-ons for this, but you can't go beyond 70 fov, it's max you can have your sliders at.
    Free camera or screenshot mode would be cool too. Sadface.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

I already have all the add-ons for this, but you can't go beyond 70 fov, it's max you can have your sliders at.
    Free camera or screenshot mode would be cool too. Sadface.

sad face indeed ;-;
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You're gonna run around the dolmens 100,000 times like the rest of us.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upgrade to 50 would be one of the more meaningless time savers. Anyone that really wants to get there fast is doing it in a few days or less anyway. You'll still need to buy all the skyshards you missed out on as well as the skill lines you skipped past so sure. If someone wants to buy a fully capped toon for a couple hundred dollars, let them have it. Even with all the skill lines and skill points, you can't buy player skill which they will still have to learn on their own.
  • Lordstannis0620
    So WoW charges $60 for a character boost... if they implemented that in the crown store... the forums would blow up... i can hear people screaming already.
    All hail His Grace, Stannis of House Baratheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

PC NA
    Ebonheart Pact

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the requirement to have at least one character leveled to 50 CP10 normally.

This requirement is rather moot since CP is account wide. Thought they would probably require we do have a vet character.

While leveling to 50 is extremely fast and easy it is the simplest part of leveling a new character in a more complex character build design that most MMORPGs have. Heck, leveling skills takes longer since the later skills require the most XP.

So, while I do expect Zos to eventually offer a maxed character at some point (not just lvl 50), it will be interesting to see how they package is or if they will keep it ala cart as we are seeing it now.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

People level up then do the same things over and over again, just on a different toon.

Yes I do play and have 15 maxed level toons and even I wouldn’t ask for something that lazy , it doesn’t take that much effort with all the exp scrolls and events going on
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant 50 tokens are not needed.

Getting a new character to 50 is pretty easy now days. If you are serious about getting to level 50, it should take no longer than 24 hours of game play. There are hordes of players always grouping and running dolmens in Alik'r Desert. Also during this event if you have Elsweyr players just camping at dragon spawns. Daily writs reward large xp to starting characters. Each event seems to have XP bonuses now days. Also XP scrolls are available in daily logon rewards, guild traders, level rewards, and crown store. If you already have a character with CP you can use those point on all your characters

The only things that might slow you down a bit is if you want to:
    1. Change Armour and Weapons every 10 -15 levels.
    2. Decon, research. and sell items.
    3. Upgrade bank, pack, horse.
    4. Traveling around for Skyshards (skillpoints)

I leveled my Necromancer in 24 hours, by stacking XP resources, doing WB, Public dungeons, Undaunted, and Dolmens. I did the Elsweyr tutorial, then started the main quest to get the soul magic skill line. Got to level 50 long before completing my factions part of the Main Quest. I spent 2 hours porting to unlock wayshrines and get skyshards that were in the open areas.
    My horse had only 6 training points when I hit lvl 50

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, but unlike half the other stuff offered to help us skip gameplay, getting to 50 is easy beyond easy to do.

1) Do the daily random dungeon (exceptionally easy at low levels)
    2) Do the daily random battleground (even better if you don't win on the first one)
    3) Stand at a dolmen while you wait in the queue.

If you do this during a double-xp event, and put a scroll on? Near-instant gratification. Plus you get skill points for each alliance level, so if you just sit around grinding dolmens and battlegrounds, you get there in no time at all. Way less of a nightmare than grinding Psijic or lorebooks.Waaaaaaaaay less.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the way ZOS hands out XP scrolls like candy in the login rewards and XP buffs are a major incentive for playing during events, I don't expect them to implement a Level 50 Token anytime soon.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Getting a new character to 50 is pretty easy now days. If you are serious about getting to level 50, it should take no longer than 24 hours of game play.

^

ty.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    If you are serious about getting to level 50, it should take no longer than 24 hours of game play.

Of course they are not "needed". But for people who don't want to spend 24 hours or whatever redoing their toon and are willing to pay for the time savings, why not?
    Maybe 24 hours isn't a lot of time playing tap-clicker at Alik'r for you, but other people might want to do something they feel is more interesting and productive -- and are willing to pay for it.

Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 15, 2019 5:54AM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, I'd definitely pay about $150 for that for sure.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea but likely wouldn't use it.

I've gotten alts to 50 (and with all of the base game public dungeon group event skill points so they aren't totally helpless) with a /played time of 9 hours. This is without paid skyreach carries or master writ tricks, but with the free 150% xp scrolls from log-in rewards and with blue training gear crafted sets. I had a guildie do something similar but without the PDs and with Mages guild leveled to 10; I think skyreach carries were used as well. Their /played was 7 hours and change. Another guildie reportedly did it with a /played of 2 hours using master writs (screenies were in discord).

All this to say, "Why not be able to pay cash for convenience?" It's not like power-leveled or crown insta-leveled or even dolmen semi-AFK leveled toons are all that different in terms of the character's usability or a player's (lack of) ability to play the class.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would makes a lot of sense for alts. I don't plan to roll any new toons but saving time on the mindless level grind would've been nice.
    forever stuck in combat
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't use it, but wouldn't have a problem with it if it increased their revenues.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok first take a piece of paper, a sharpie and a roll of tape

next write the phrase "I Win" on the paper with the sharpie

then tape the paper over the monitor with the message facing outward (that parts important)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kinda afraid this will happen some day.

Ok, think of consequences. Lets just assume that you can pay to have instant level 50 character with all skill lines maxed.

ZOS will for sure take advantage of that and game balancing will be even more aggressive, so every major update you will have to pay to stay competitive...
    Not to mention scenarios when there is new class coming out that is is always kinda OP at launch. Pay to have Day 1 level 50 all maxed and jump right into PvP. Easy win P2W...
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already have buying skill lines... what about buying your way to level 50 immediately, if you already have a gear-cap toon somewhere.
    And with the disclaimer that ZOS takes no responsibility for your incompetence with the character if you choose to jump to level 50 right away.

This would make it a bit faster for people to redo toons into different classes or different Alliances. Instead of them watching Netflix while their toon stands in lightning at Alik'r dolmens.

You already have a zoom function, it's 2 hours of mob zombie aoe kills in northern Alikir during a double xp event with xp scrolls running.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one game where I think a level boost is just overkill. If you know the right places, leveling up is really fast.
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. Doing dolmens on zombies by the 18th toon was just mind numbing lol. Some of em I just blew millions in gold for alchemy master writs. A lvl 50 token is a reasonable request. Idk how they'd do the skill exp tho, in a manner that would be fair. Maybe just accept zero exp as part of the cost of skipping.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.