Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lucky Cat Inn 400/400 :(

Elara_Northwind
Elara_Northwind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I decorated the Lucky Cat Landing on PTS! I had to block areas off, because ZOS has given us a house the size of a large 600 item one, and stuck a 400 limit on it to trick us into thinking it is medium :D

ZENIMAX!!! We do roughly know the sizes of each of the house categories, you know! We spend so much time in them. Is this house really the size of Cliffshade? Gryharths Woe? Even Ravenhurst?? No! It's much closer to the size of Alinor Crest! You can call this house medium if you want to, but realize that those of us asking for medium homes will see through this. This is not giving people what they want, by just lowering the item limit, this just frustrates those, who like me, love this house, but have to either block areas off, or remove absolutely every ounce of detail and/or personality to decorate it. Please consider making this a 600 item home!

Ok, rant over :D

'The Lucky Cat Inn appears to outsiders to be a very respectable place, where the fashionable young Khajiits of Senchal can often be found on an evening, but behind this facade hides many not so respectable secrets.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOhWC4htHs&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 18, 2019 5:46PM
Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no wonder you hit item cap, your decorating itch just coated the walls with furnishings, much more than the average player would put down. I in my eyes have a fully decorated Sleek Creek and even then I still didn't hit my cap.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    It's no wonder you hit item cap, your decorating itch just coated the walls with furnishings, much more than the average player would put down. I in my eyes have a fully decorated Sleek Creek and even then I still didn't hit my cap.

The walls coverings didn't take up many items at all though, just an item per wall in most cases, apart from the two walls in which I used tables, which totaled 6 slots... I used about 16 slots to cover walls, I wasn't going to be able to decorate the areas I had to cut off with 16 items.

Sleek Creek is also a normal sized 400 item limit home, not a large home with that same limit...

Sure, I could remove every little detail I added (Even though I wasn't able to add many anyway) and then I could have decorated the rest of the place to match how bland, empty and creatively devoid the areas I did decorate would have been.

400 slots is a limit set for medium sized homes. This is not a medium sized home. This is a large home, badly disguised as a medium home.

I just looked and I actually used 21 items to cover walls, not 16, still not enough to decorate a large garden, a balcony, two hallways and another entire room.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 18, 2019 7:19PM

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or...they could finally rise slot numbers for all homes.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or...they could finally rise slot numbers for all homes.

That is something that they really need to find a way to do! I know that they said no to that, on ESO live they said that they are not increasing item slots, and yet they continue to give us 700 slot homes which are too big for 700 items, and now they seem to want to sell us 'medium' homes which are also too big! I'm sure it's just so that they can say that they released a medium home :D

They have the ability to make this home 600 slots, as it should be for it's size and the amount of areas it has, so I don't know why else they would give it 400 slots! What they really need to do is introduce some new categories, and give this one 500 slots, a happy medium!

I've suggested before, but will do so again, that item limits should not be based upon an arbitrary number, but rather on how much strain those items have within your home. 700 spoons in a home won't change your game at all, 700 large animated items will. The new moon gate, for example, should be equal in slot size to 10 little spoons.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 18, 2019 7:53PM

• carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a video of this house last night on You Tube - unfurnished - and fell in love with it. The outside is gorgeous and the view is what sold me on it - all I need out there is some plants and a table with 2 chairs,some wine and cheese and my toon will just enjoy the view as is! I will definitely purchase this house when it comes out.

I love what you've done with the house - Elara_Northwind! Just beautiful, you certainly have a talent for decorating. For people like you (that have that ability to transform these homes into something this magnificent) I do hope that they raise the item limit. For me it's fine as I'm much simpler and not so talented but I do feel for you. I can't even imagine what you'd do with a few hundred more slots!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This house is like 4x bigger than Sleek Creek, yet it has the same item limit.

And this amount of decorating isn't anything unusual. If you want to create a house that looks "lived in" you need to fill it up.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 18, 2019 9:26PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The walls coverings didn't take up many items at all though, just an item per wall in most cases, apart from the two walls in which I used tables, which totaled 6 slots... I used about 16 slots to cover walls, I wasn't going to be able to decorate the areas I had to cut off with 16 items.

Sleek Creek is also a normal sized 400 item limit home, not a large home with that same limit...

Sure, I could remove every little detail I added (Even though I wasn't able to add many anyway) and then I could have decorated the rest of the place to match how bland, empty and creatively devoid the areas I did decorate would have been.

400 slots is a limit set for medium sized homes. This is not a medium sized home. This is a large home, badly disguised as a medium home.

I just looked and I actually used 21 items to cover walls, not 16, still not enough to decorate a large garden, a balcony, two hallways and another entire room.

You, took my phrasing literally there. I just meant you put down a ton of assets in order to make such a detailed Inn. I was actually giving you a compliment disguised as a reason you hit item cap so easily.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's amazing looking. Reminds me of some homes modders would do in Fallout and Elder Scrolls...
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    Same disaster strategy that they pulled of with Frostvault Chasm. Impossible to properly do anything in that home without cutting edges or neglecting some parts.
    I will never understand their thought process behind creating those homes.
    Do they roll a dice for the slot limit sometimes, do they get carryed away while building those giant homes that we are supposed to fill with 700 slots after paying debatable prices for them in the first place ?
    The housing team seems so far away from their community in so much ways its not even funny anymore.
    I love housing and its pretty much the only reason i keep playing this game. I try out other stuff from time to time but for everything else the game offer theres way better alternatives on the market. Sorry to say that. If it werent for the base system of how housing works in eso compared to other games and the nice community and the great people i have met in that community there would be no reason to login anymore...
    Sometimes it just feels like they treat the housing community like cattle thats only there to be milked dry. No other aspect of the game is as expensive as housing, set aside the mad grind for ingame plans and stuff. Its ridiculous. And yet we still dont have basic items that should have been implemented ages ago or any great update or addition or an anniversary to look forward too.

Step your game up ZOS. Your team is absolutely failing in this department.
    Edited by D3AKUs on September 18, 2019 10:44PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D3AKUs wrote: »
    Same disaster strategy that they pulled of with Frostvault Chasm. Impossible to properly do anything in that home without cutting edges or neglecting some parts.
    I will never understand their thought process behind creating those homes.
    Do they roll a dice for the slot limit sometimes, do they get carryed away while building those giant homes that we are supposed to fill with 700 slots after paying debatable prices for them in the first place ?
    The housing team seems so far away from their community in so much ways its not even funny anymore.
    I love housing and its pretty much the only reason i keep playing this game. I try out other stuff from time to time but for everything else the game offer theres way better alternatives on the market. Sorry to say that. If it werent for the base system of how housing works in eso compared to other games and the nice community and the great people i have met in that community there would be no reason to login anymore...
    Sometimes it just feels like they treat the housing community like cattle thats only there to be milked dry. No other aspect of the game is as expensive as housing, set aside the mad grind for ingame plans and stuff. Its ridiculous. And yet we still dont have basic items that should have been implemented ages ago or any great update or addition or an anniversary to look forward too.

Step your game up ZOS. Your team is absolutely failing in this department.

100% agree with all you said D3! :) Housing and the housing community is also the only reason I play!! And housing can be trying at times.

Also, it's true that we never get anniversary events for housing! We can throw our own housing anniversary event in January though, we don't need ZOS for that. Epic house party!! haha! Only 24 people are invited though, because you know... Limits! :D;)

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You, took my phrasing literally there. I just meant you put down a ton of assets in order to make such a detailed Inn. I was actually giving you a compliment disguised as a reason you hit item cap so easily.

Sorry! :D I guess it's hard to decipher tone in text, and I am on a bit of a crusade I guess haha! :D:D:D sorry if I came across as rude.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 18, 2019 11:07PM

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've said my piece on this in other threads. But when builders like Elara and D3AKUs and others on many discord chats and guilds are saying they really can't decorate this house with 400 slots...
    Frostvault was tough but I managed something. Heck, I built a whole house from scratch in Boulder Tree, but I spent a few hours on this on the PTS and I tell you, 400 slots is not enough here.
    We're not asking ZOS to exceed the 700 limit here. This is a chance to give us a house with the size that we wanted but with the slot size that works
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Wow that's amazing looking. Reminds me of some homes modders would do in Fallout and Elder Scrolls...

Thank you @carly very kind of you to say :)

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I've said my piece on this in other threads. But when builders like Elara and D3AKUs and others on many discord chats and guilds are saying they really can't decorate this house with 400 slots...
    Frostvault was tough but I managed something. Heck, I built a whole house from scratch in Boulder Tree, but I spent a few hours on this on the PTS and I tell you, 400 slots is not enough here.
    We're not asking ZOS to exceed the 700 limit here. This is a chance to give us a house with the size that we wanted but with the slot size that works

Yes! It's an absolutely ridiculous limit for it's size! I think people love the size of this, because it's larger than the medium ones, but not the size of a zone! It seems like ZOS only think homes need item slots when they are mammoth sized these days :D

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing job as ever Elara! You've made so much with so little to work with <3

Houses like yours inspire us all, and we rush back to our own with renewed energy.

Haha the pole dancer made me laugh near the end !! I was being a bit slow there, wondering what the pole on the stage was for until the closing scenes :D

And yes I totally agree, this is a large house thinly disguised as a medium one by the ridiculous item limit. I don't care what ZOS say, their lame duck excuses do not convince anybody at all. They should be ashamed of themselves. So many ways they could improve the situation, if only they would listen to all the ideas the community has suggested. But no......

PS: Love the doggies' off-scene noises, they have a squeaky toy!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely build, and a great illustration of the item slot issue :smile:

I know some people would say that 'the furnishing slots are fine if you don't overclutter your houses' but that's just not true. Entire sections of the house blocked off, empty corridors, a whole bar counter area with only three items on it, dining tables with nothing but a single candle each, a very sparse kitchen with barely any supplies or produce or cookware, no knick-knacks other than a single potted plant or a single gaming item per tea table. Your dressing table was the most 'cluttered' I think and that was still only a couple of brushes and cosmetics while the nightstands next to it only had one and two items respectively.

This isn't a cluttered or overly busy build by any means, and many parts of the house still look quite empty as you said, which is precisely the problem. I really hope ZOS increase the item limit on this. Otherwise we just traded a giant unfurnishable barren house for a smaller unfunishable barren house :tongue: It seems the furnishing limits are always going to bite us in the backside, no matter what, lol. Anyway, great job with the build, and especially incorporating the Stockades as the headboard of the bed. Very risqué :lol:
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    your house looks awesome :)
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For each home:
    If you are a bigger hero/explorer, you should unlock more item spaces.
    If you're just a monk, then the lower limits should work.
    But as you progress through the zone (complete more achievements, collect more skyshards, collect more furniture recipes etc), then your alotted slots should increase.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Lovely build, and a great illustration of the item slot issue :smile:

I know some people would say that 'the furnishing slots are fine if you don't overclutter your houses' but that's just not true. Entire sections of the house blocked off, empty corridors, a whole bar counter area with only three items on it, dining tables with nothing but a single candle each, a very sparse kitchen with barely any supplies or produce or cookware, no knick-knacks other than a single potted plant or a single gaming item per tea table. Your dressing table was the most 'cluttered' I think and that was still only a couple of brushes and cosmetics while the nightstands next to it only had one and two items respectively.

This isn't a cluttered or overly busy build by any means, and many parts of the house still look quite empty as you said, which is precisely the problem. I really hope ZOS increase the item limit on this. Otherwise we just traded a giant unfurnishable barren house for a smaller unfunishable barren house :tongue: It seems the furnishing limits are always going to bite us in the backside, no matter what, lol. Anyway, great job with the build, and especially incorporating the Stockades as the headboard of the bed. Very risqué :lol:

Thank you, and exactly! That is the frustrating part, even when blocking areas off I couldn’t add even basic clutter for the most part! No cups on tables or just the little bits that make it feel lived in. When you have to block areas off to decorate a home and still can’t add detail, you know there is a problem! I would honestly say that the limit in Wraithhome is better than the limit here! I blocked off areas there too but at least the areas I did decorate had plenty of detail! I can only decipher from this that ZOS does no, or very little test driving of these homes before selling them to us, often at crazy prices.

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    For each home:
    If you are a bigger hero/explorer, you should unlock more item spaces.
    If you're just a monk, then the lower limits should work.
    But as you progress through the zone (complete more achievements, collect more skyshards, collect more furniture recipes etc), then your alotted slots should increase.

Very cool idea!! 😁👍🏻

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you (or anyone else who also agrees that the 400 furnishing limit isn't enough for this house) haven't yet, make sure to weigh in on the PTS forum, as well as the Housing Feedback thread here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493625/

Great work on the house! Love the stage area
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on September 19, 2019 1:58PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well looks like it just saves me money - if they don't even give the 'right' number of slots for a property like that.

Because really guys - that's the only thing they're going to hear. Don't spend the money (gold, crowns, or otherwise) on houses that don't even live up to the TESO low standard of items limits.

If you buy it and then complain - you'll get nowhere. You bought it. That's all they care about.

So for me, this just makes it easier to rule it out in favor of all the other homes where I can get the "better value for the coin" as it were.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well looks like it just saves me money - if they don't even give the 'right' number of slots for a property like that.

Because really guys - that's the only thing they're going to hear. Don't spend the money (gold, crowns, or otherwise) on houses that don't even live up to the TESO low standard of items limits.

If you buy it and then complain - you'll get nowhere. You bought it. That's all they care about.

So for me, this just makes it easier to rule it out in favor of all the other homes where I can get the "better value for the coin" as it were.

I love this house so much, but if it remains a 400 item home then there is no way I will be purchasing it, sadly. It's completely unacceptable for Zenimax to be selling us shoddy products that don't work properly! We wouldn't accept it from a physical product, I don't believe we should accept it for a digital one either! Sadly though, people will continue to purchase homes with terrible item limits and bugs and other issues, which means that things are unlikely to ever change. When it comes to housing, I feel like as long as they get their money from us, they don't actually care about how we feel. It's very bad practice.

• dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    First, it looks great/fantastic what u did.
    I do think the way u decorated might not be what ZoS imagined (initially) when deciding item limits.
    Thus, u hitting the item cap so fast.

I dont mind higher item limits though (for Inn rooms i really want a higher limit).
    However, as long as that doesnt mean the house will become more expensive.
    (By re-classifying a Medium house to Large for example)

As for the size of Lucky Cat
    I was comparing the size of Lucky Cat to Velothi Reveri, more or less.
    Wich is a Medium house, however i do think Velothi Reveri is the biggest Medium house.
    And also comparable to the few smaller/smallest Large houses.

If Lucky Cat gets changed to a Large house class.
    Lucky u, for getting a higher item limit.
    Unlucky me, for the house getting more expensive.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do think the way u decorated might not be what ZoS imagined (initially) when deciding item limits.

I dont mind higher item limits though (for Inn rooms i really want a higher limit).

Wich is a Medium house, however i do think Velothi Reveri is the biggest Medium house.

Thank you! :)

The price could potentially go up I guess, if they raised the limit, although really it shouldn't as the house would be the same, and homes with more slots make more money for ZOS too!

I would personally rather pay a bit more for a house that I can decorate though, than pay a bit less for a big empty space in which areas have to be blocked off in order to do anything even remotely creative, and even then be so short on slots that I can't add any details to my blocked off home...

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also, the limit issues in Velothi Reverie, although annoying, are not even comparable to the item limit issues in The Lucky Cat. It is much smaller in comparison. I do agree that Velothi Reverie, along with Mournoth Keep and Frostvault all need more slots. I wish that ZOS would just add a new category of house, in between medium and large with a limit of 500. It would solve many issues.

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad but acceptable if one cannot give a house with fourhundred slots more slots, because its only for 400 slots and more would be too dense.
    But I cannot comprehend that a house that is clearly big enough for 600 slots does not have 600 slots.
    If there is logic behind it - please explain it, you loose me here.

I would think that it is time that they not only nominate and talk to class representatives from the player base, but also housing ambassadors from the player base.

Listen to your player base, ZOS - we give advice for free, and if you only use a bit of it, there's lots of money we want to throw at you.
    PC/EU
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely getting this home, I love it but I'd seriously love the item limit doubling.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should also allow us to refund our houses
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did a little test in the house, and tried building a very quick and rough tiny town there. I think this really highlights the huge amount of outdoor space here, not even including the actual home... No other medium home has this much space both inside and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTnUqt0-3OA