Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reflective Plate

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Yeah this needs to be reverted back Asap. The change was utter trash, you changed it because people complained mainly magicka nightblades and long range DD. This change basically left dragon knights with little to no defense on projectiles being "Spammed" at them with no means to reflect them back. Using race against time is fine, but it does not reflect. When your playing a 2h/Bow and have to constantly kite because the incoming projectile damage is overwhelming and the only skill we had for that was changed. I'm not about to run to 2h/S&B because you guys constantly want to force people into other playstyles that either don't suit them at all.

We need the change reverted back period.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Yeah this needs to be reverted back Asap. The change was utter trash, you changed it because people complained mainly magicka nightblades and long range DD. This change basically left dragon knights with little to no defense on projectiles being "Spammed" at them with no means to reflect them back. Using race against time is fine, but it does not reflect. When your playing a 2h/Bow and have to constantly kite because the incoming projectile damage is overwhelming and the only skill we had for that was changed. I'm not about to run to 2h/S&B because you guys constantly want to force people into other playstyles that either don't suit them at all.

I wonder how other classes running 2H/bow builds ever coped without access to wings crutch???

It had to be changed it was too strong stop being silly!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »

I wonder how other classes running 2H/bow builds ever coped without access to wings crutch???

Those other classes either have mobility or similar abilities doing the exact same job.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those other classes either have mobility or similar abilities doing the exact same job.

name the similar abilities that other classes have that reflect all range projectiles back with 20% damage increase.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

name the similar abilities that other classes have that reflect all range projectiles back with 20% damage increase.

There’s a class that can go invisible and suppress all dot damage for 3 seconds, while being able to reposition, disengage, and heal during the duration. Yes the skill had counter play and so did wings, but one skill gets dramatically changed while the other does not.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

There’s a class that can go invisible and suppress all dot damage for 3 seconds, while being able to reposition, disengage, and heal during the duration. Yes the skill had counter play and so did wings, but one skill gets dramatically changed while the other does not.

avoiding and reflecting very different! so 1 down!
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a class that also has access to a purge that can remove 5 effects. There’s a class that can summon a larger than average amount of damage shields while also having abilities to deal damage from range. Each class had its own op skills that made it class defining.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Please stop acting stupid. You know damn well what OP means, take your hate for DKs out on something else.

There are class abilities like cloak, streak, strong self HEALS, ranged powerful soft/hard CCs, gap closers or openers, pressure skills, ability denial skills or other numerous ways to deal with dangerous ranged enemies at range that OTHER classes have access to. DK had its own gutted.

There are options, yes, but what OP is saying is that he WANTS TO PLAY AS HE WANTS which this game advertises, yet if he does he might very well be limiting himself in either desired effectivity, playstyle, look and feel, roleplay reasons, etc etc.

Stop making excuses for *** TOTAL CRAP gameplay just cause OP doesn't want to chase meta.

Meta mindset is what is and always has been ruining beautiful games with endless possibilities in the first place.
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 18, 2019 8:46PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few stupid things being said but they aint mine love!

Wings was over performing! it got changed! end of chat!

I play all classes I don't hate any class or skill, well maybe cloak ;)

I don't know what you mean by op doesn't want to 'chase meta' by wanting wings changed back they are saying they want meta changed to their desires!

Excuses for crap game play??? crap game play is the definition of old wings!

Your ridiculous spout off made me drop IQ points by reading it!
    Edited by Stebarnz on September 18, 2019 8:56PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually liking it a lot when I don't have all my ranged attacks hit me back.

No thanks.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was not too strong at all.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what you mean by op doesn't want to 'chase meta' by wanting wings changed back they are saying they want meta changed to their desires!

Nowhere on my post did I say I was chasing meta. Stop throwing words into my post that I did not specify. Wings weren't over performing at all.
    Edited by regime211 on September 18, 2019 9:14PM
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

!

If it was so over powered they'd have changed it years ago, plusa reflective plates affect other DKs too.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings reflecting was the one of the coolest things in the game :(

RIP Nice things.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Please stop acting stupid. You know damn well what OP means, take your hate for DKs out on something else.

There are class abilities like cloak, streak, strong self HEALS, ranged powerful soft/hard CCs, gap closers or openers, pressure skills, ability denial skills or other numerous ways to deal with dangerous ranged enemies at range that OTHER classes have access to. DK had its own gutted.

There are options, yes, but what OP is saying is that he WANTS TO PLAY AS HE WANTS which this game advertises, yet if he does he might very well be limiting himself in either desired effectivity, playstyle, look and feel, roleplay reasons, etc etc.

Stop making excuses for *** TOTAL CRAP gameplay just cause OP doesn't want to chase meta.

Meta mindset is what is and always has been ruining beautiful games with endless possibilities in the first place.

This is exactly my point. Dks got that skill clipped while every other class kept their defensive ability.

NB: Cloak
    Warden:Shimmering Shield
    Templar: Purge
    Necro: Expunge and modify
    Sorcs: Shields
    Dragonknight: 50% damage reduction that helps none when facing multiple people.

Yet each one I listed above for other classes had and still does allow you to get away or defend against more than 3 people.

The lot of you saying it was over performing are probably the one's who complained about it needing a nerf!!! I bet you now feel good you can beat down a dragon knight without them using wings to deflect.

I bet if people started slotting that nikulas set plus sword and boards defensive posture you would complain that this skill and set needs to be nerfed as well. So give me a godamn break saying it over performed.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually liking it a lot when I don't have all my ranged attacks hit me back.

No thanks.

Well of course you don't. It's easier dealing damage against a opponent who can't even deflect it back at you.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere on my post did I say I was chasing meta. Stop throwing words into my post that I did not specify. Wings weren't over performing at all.

I was replying to the other persons (nyladreas or whatever) post so aim this at them cheers!
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was it changed then?
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was it changed then?

Just like EVERY other thing in this game was changed because the community complained. How many times have people complained about sorcs shields? Yet here we are in scale breaker and they're still strong as hell. Ranged attacks like bow skills got a buff and ranged abilities hit even harder. But let's buff all of that and take away the 1 identity dragonknights had to give all the little whiners a clutch so they can finally say they can beat a dragon knight.
    Edited by regime211 on September 18, 2019 9:19PM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was replying to the other persons (nyladreas or whatever) post so aim this at them cheers!

You stated OP aka original poster? So you must of been referring to me about trying to chase meta?
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Run,dodge roll,kite unlike all the other classes who can stand there
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a cool skill, main mag sorc so it locked down frags, but was really unique
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a cool skill, main mag sorc so it locked down frags, but was really unique

It was a skill that really helped, dks stay in the fight without having to dodge roll every few seconds because of incoming projectiles. Now you have to either be sucked into playing a specific playstyle whether it was gear/skills to compensate. Everytime I take incoming damage it's to the point I'm desync and have no method of deflecting it back other then to play a specific copy setup.
    Edited by regime211 on September 18, 2019 9:25PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

!

If it was so over powered they'd have changed it years ago, plusa reflective plates affect other DKs too.

They actually did change wings years ago to not reflect beams and certain abilities to make sure ranged classes had options against them. Original wings could even reflect meteor. This was a time where Dk was truly an OP class.

I suggested long ago that maybe giving wings some snare immunity could be a cool idea for both gameplay and class theme and solve some of the teribble mobility creep Dks had.

To my suprise this change happened some months after and later on, with the buffs to light attacks wings was suddenly very precious source of mitigation for a class that had no mobility or get out of jam cards. In open world you would use wings like wardens use shimmering shield, pop it and go from cover A to cover B. You never needed to have it up all the time you just needed to use it a couple of times to deny potential CC and snares that could get you caught and killed.

Wings was never about just mitigation, It was the thing that gave squishier non meta Dk builds the very much needed breathing room against ranged spam and made ranged builds who NEVER stop spamming ranged cancer taste their own medicine.

The new wings feels and performs terrible in comparission.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

!

They actually did change wings years ago to not reflect beams and certain abilities to make sure ranged classes had options against them. Original wings could even reflect meteor. This was a time where Dk was truly an OP class.

I suggested long ago that maybe giving wings some snare immunity could be a cool idea for both gameplay and class theme and solve some of the teribble mobility creep Dks had.

To my suprise this change happened some months after and later on, with the buffs to light attacks wings was suddenly very precious source of mitigation for a class that had no mobility or get out of jam cards. In open world you would use wings like wardens use shimmering shield, pop it and go from cover A to cover B. You never needed to have it up all the time you just needed to use it a couple of times to deny potential CC and snares that could get you caught and killed.

Wings was never about just mitigation, It was the thing that gave squishier non meta Dk builds the very much needed breathing room against ranged spam and made ranged builds who NEVER stop spamming ranged cancer taste their own medicine.

I'm telling you these people just don't get it I never spammed wings because as a stam dk you did not have enough resources to do so. Yet try fighting a stamblade who uses cloak and they somehow have a ton of mag to constantly stay in stealth. Wings were for situational moments. To allow you to get close enough to that ranged attacker to finally do some damage.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

!

I'm telling you these people just don't get it I never spammed wings because as a stam dk you did not have enough resources to do so. Yet try fighting a stamblade who uses cloak and they somehow have a ton of mag to constantly stay in stealth. Wings were for situational moments. To allow you to get close enough to that ranged attacker to finally do some damage.

Just because YOU didn't spam it doesn't mean the vast majority didn't!

If you want to know why skills get changed its when everyone uses the same skill over and again!

It got changed and changed until it doesn't reflect anymore and no one uses it. Is that right, no, but how it was used by some people when it reflected was too strong. There is a way that it can be brought back into a useful skill but honestly DK class has more to worry about with the current pts patch coming if it stays like that!
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stebarnz you clown.....
    Every other class got their OP abilities nerfed but then ZOS reverted the nerfs.

With DK they just deleted the ability.
    All Wings needed was a fatigue addition to prevent magDK from shutting down noobs that didnt want to use other tools except for projectiles.

But no... the iconic ability that both stamDK and magDK used got removed.
    So get lost with your arguments and go play your ez mode ESO class.

I havent spend a dollar ever since they did that. Im sure DKs main are doing the same
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 18, 2019 9:47PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't like it, don't slot it. I don't slot it on my stam or mag DKs, just like petrify.

In fact, many skills in the game I don't slot :D
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz you clown.....
    Every other class got their OP abilities nerfed but then ZOS reverted the nerfs.

All Wings needed was a fatigue addition to prevent magDK from shutting down noobs that didnt want to use other tools except for projectiles.

I havent spend a dollar ever since they did that. Im sure DKs main are doing the same

Pffff! do one you bell end!

If you cant adjust and think that wings was the only thing that made DK viable then thats your problem!

I still play DK and do well, not as well as I used to when it was a stronger class but still ok.

I just said wings should be altered as they have made it a non existent skill but I don't work at zos, all I know it was overperforming and they changed it to where it was under performing.

Also I said I play EVERY class and EVERY class has its glory days, DK is in a trough at the min that's all, it will change.

If you are currently unhappy with DK performance then you are really gonna be negged out if the next patch currently on PTS goes live! GL with that!
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stebarnz you clown.....

If you cant adjust and think that wings was the only thing that made DK viable then thats your problem!

I still play DK and do well, not as well as I used to when it was a stronger class but still ok.

I just said wings should be altered as they have made it a non existent skill but I don't work at zos, all I know it was overperforming and they changed it to where it was under performing.

Also I said I play EVERY class and EVERY class has its glory days, DK is in a trough at the min that's all, it will change.

If you are currently unhappy with DK performance then you are really gonna be negged out if the next patch currently on PTS goes live! GL with that!

The only thing that made stamDK viable was SnB/2h 7th Fury BS which I didnt use.
    Wings was a beautiful and strong skill that as a stamDK could use once in a while.
    The ability was not nerfed. It was deleted. Do you understand that?
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 18, 2019 10:26PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz you clown.....

The only thing that made stamDK viable was SnB/2h 7th Fury BS which I didnt use.
    Wings was a beautiful and strong skill that as a stamDK could use once in a while.
    The ability was not nerfed. It was deleted. Do you understand that?

I don't know if I understand... wait a minute I think I said they made it a non existent skill, let me check...……… yes, yes I did!

Also I think I said wings was over used by the majority that's why they changed it, let me check...……. yes, yes I said that too!

Reading is great!

DK has a couple of skills that need looking at and changing, wings is definitely one of them!