Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Arrows next to player names

Basil_oz
Basil_oz
✭✭✭
What is the red coloured arrow next to a player's name when you cursor over them?
NA Mega-server
Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    it may be their ranking in PvP, if someone has gone to Cyrodiil for a bit and participated in PvP then they have a symbol and sometimes a title
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's their PvP rank.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Err.. Alliance vs Alliance rank, not pvp. The words are thier rank, volunteer, etc.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • mr_MAX
    mr_MAX
    its his/hers PvP Ranking (Recrut or General etc.)
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on April 28, 2014 12:21PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    Because seeing someones rank is so much more important then seeing their name...? Makes sense.... :o

What do you mean? I only see ranks when hovering over someone to see their name.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    Because seeing someones rank is so much more important then seeing their name...? Makes sense.... :o

If you are talking about what you see on enemies in Cyrodiil, its so that people cant trash talk someone just cuz they know their name...

Player "Tags" show their name, their chosen title(whether pvp earned or pve) and a symbol for their Alliance rank in the color of their alliance

Enemy Player "Tags" show their rank in Cyrodiil as their name, their chosen title, and symbol for their Alliance Rank in the color of their Alliance

Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I haven't ventured into Cyrodiil yet. That makes sense because the arrows were sometimes a bit different from others.

Learn something new everyday! :D
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)