Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Master Writs - a required change

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Orzorga's Blood Price Pie should be use for a superior quality master writ and not a epic quality master writ to be in line with the other recipes/master writs since a player doesn't need an epic ingredient to craft it.
If you ever change this, the number of vouchers granted upon completion should be lower for it. Or if you wish to maintain the same amount of vouchers granted by Orzorga's Blood Price Pie master writ the amounts granted in epic and legendary master writs must be revised.

Edit: typo
Edited by redlink1979 on September 6, 2019 3:41PM
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it only 2 vouchers? So reduce it to 1?
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh? This only gives 2 writs and you are complaining? They should give more if you asked me, which no one would of course!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the uses of developer resources to improve crafting, this is not something that would be high on the list ...
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks It's a suggestion but I recommend to increase the amount of vouchers provided by epic and legendary provisioning master writs. To be coherent. Since Orzorga's Blood Price Pie it's an superior recipe.
    @FlopsyPrince I'm complaining about the fact that this is not in line with the other master writs recipes. Legendary recipes for legendary master writs, epic recipes for epic master writs and superior recipes for superior master writs. That's how it should be.
    @Taleof2Cities They had time to fix other similar situations in crafting. Why would you consider this a bad resources use?!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @tmbrinks It's a suggestion but I recommend to increase the amount of vouchers provided by epic and legendary provisioning master writs. To be coherent. Since Orzorga's Blood Price Pie it's an superior recipe.
    @FlopsyPrince I'm complaining about the fact that this is not in line with the other master writs recipes. Legendary recipes for legendary master writs, epic recipes for epic master writs and superior recipes for superior master writs. That's how it should be.
    @Taleof2Cities They had time to fix other similar situations in crafting. Why would you consider this a bad resources use?!

It only shows 2 tickets on mine. You are really arguing it should be lower?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince I'm not asking for the vouchers granted to be lowered but changed. If ZOS wishes to maintain the prize granted by this master writ then the others must be increased. As I mention several times before, this master writs uses a superior recipe and not an epic recipe and by that it shouldn't grant the same amount of vouchers that an epic master writ, that uses an epic recipe, does. You need special ingredients to craft epic recipes (frost miriam n bervez juice) and legendary recipes (perfect roe) . That doesn't happen with this recipe. Superior recipes are crafted with common/normal ingredients.

Edited: typo
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 9, 2019 1:43PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince I'm not asking for the vouchers granted to be lowered but changed. If ZOS wishes to maintain the prize granted by this master writ then the others must be increased. As I mention several times before, this master writs uses a superior recipe and not an epic recipe and by that it shouldn't grant the same amount of vouchers that an epic master writ, that uses an epic recipe, does. You need special ingredients to craft epic recipes (frost miriam n bervez juice) and legendary recipes (perfect roe) . That doesn't happen with this recipe. Superior recipes are crafted with common/normal ingredients.

The purple food ones are already among the cheapest (on a per-voucher basis) of master writs to complete, so increasing those would not be feasible.

Think of the difference as rounding. Perhaps they did the math and by their formula the "purple" ingredient ones should be worth 2.2 vouchers (rounds to 2) and the "superior/blue" one should be 1.6 vouchers (rounds to 2). They certainly round with the other ones as to whether they're worth 5, 6, 7 or 8 vouchers, maybe this is just a case of that.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks That might be the sort of math being done but we will never know.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

The purple food ones are already among the cheapest (on a per-voucher basis) of master writs to complete, so increasing those would not be feasible.

Think of the difference as rounding. Perhaps they did the math and by their formula the "purple" ingredient ones should be worth 2.2 vouchers (rounds to 2) and the "superior/blue" one should be 1.6 vouchers (rounds to 2). They certainly round with the other ones as to whether they're worth 5, 6, 7 or 8 vouchers, maybe this is just a case of that.

They are only cheap if you apply the recipe cost over a lot of them. It has been costly to get most of them, but I have definitely not paid for that yet by making the food. I should one day break even, but that may be quite far down the line.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the uses of developer resources to improve crafting, this is not something that would be high on the list ...

+1. Certainly not even close to a required change.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

They are only cheap if you apply the recipe cost over a lot of them. It has been costly to get most of them, but I have definitely not paid for that yet by making the food. I should one day break even, but that may be quite far down the line.

The recipes are either 1) Free reward from doing a quest, 2) dropped recipe from doing daily provisioning writs, or 3) from fragments dropped from doing daily provisioning writs.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROTFL!

The color of the material is irrelevant. The actual availability/abundance of the material is the thing to consider. Powdered Mother of Pearl is "only" a green-quality ingredient. But it's very rare and sell for well over 2000g apiece. Bervez Juice is "epic" yet sell for only 30g apiece.

Orzorga's Blood Price Pie is actually more expensive to craft. It requires an alchemy mat: Violet Coprinus. Looking at prices on PC/EU, that's selling for about 64g. Frost Mirriam sells for about 50g on the same server.

So... would you like to reconsider the premise of this thread?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    ROTFL!

The color of the material is irrelevant. The actual availability/abundance of the material is the thing to consider. Powdered Mother of Pearl is "only" a green-quality ingredient. But it's very rare and sell for well over 2000g apiece. Bervez Juice is "epic" yet sell for only 30g apiece.

Orzorga's Blood Price Pie is actually more expensive to craft. It requires an alchemy mat: Violet Coprinus. Looking at prices on PC/EU, that's selling for about 64g. Frost Mirriam sells for about 50g on the same server.

Looks like OP is on console (PS4). I'm on XB and prices generally compare equally between the two and I'll tell you on XB-NA Frost Mirriam sells for 250-350/ea while Violet Coprinus sells for about 85-100. FWIW, Bervez Juice goes for 50-100 on XB-NA in guild traders.

Just wanted to put this out there as a reminder that PC : Console prices aren't typically 1:1.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    ROTFL!

The premise is stated several times along the post n replies.

Edited by redlink1979 on September 11, 2019 10:01AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Just wanted to put this out there as a reminder that PC : Console prices aren't typically 1:1.

Prices differ from platform, and even in the same platform prices differ from server.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand on one level - that the recipe quality is blue. But when you consider that there are few recipes in the table for master provisioning writs, breaking out the 3(?) blue Orzorga recipes into it's own quality of master writ seems unnecessary. Having the gold quality in it's own tier makes sense, even if so few of them, because they all require perfect roe, and thus are rare and worth 40 vouchers.

I guess you could break them out, with epic being worth 4 and superior being worth 2. But, remember that Orzorga's recipes are from a DLC, which presumably many players do have, but some probably still do not. Yes, you can purchase them from vendors, but the prices I've seen (at least on XB NA) aren't really cheap and usually around the price of the epics required for the writs.

There's a small pool for the epic writs anyway, and I can't see them breaking out the superior recipes. If they do, then I'd guess they'd be worth 2 with the epics being worth 4. No way I'd do the superior ones for just 1 voucher. And I can guarantee you that if they were to break them out, the superior writs would be the most plentiful, with purple being rare and gold even rarer - as they did with the JC writs. I've yet to see anything better than blue JC master writs since they were introduced (though I did get lucky on PC, which I don't play often, with a gold one).

I just don't see this as something that's necessary. Sounds like you're a little OCD in thinking that the color of the recipe HAS to match the color of the master writ.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe I just think since they altered other master writs, they could alter this with epic recipes granting a bit more vouchers. When I mentioned by increase or decrease, my intention was to reiterate that this needs a change and not necessary make the chance by decreasing the vouchers granted by Orzorga's master writ.

Atm Orzorga's recipe (superior) gives 2 vouchers, an epic master writ crafted with an epic recipe grants 4 vouchers and a legendary master writ grants 40 vouchers.

Orzoga's recipes are from Wrogthar DLC, I'm aware of it. But, also, you shouldn't forget how long that DLC was released - November 2015.

Fyi, the last time I checked epic master writs recipes were being sold on traders between 25-50k. Orzorga's recipe was around 10-15k. (PS4 EU)

No OCD here, don't worry.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just got a bunch of purple Orzorga's recipes. Not sure why they just hit, but now I need to run the DLC quest to get the recipes. I bought a few far too expensively before I realized they were just a quest result.
    PC
    PS4/PS5