Maintenance for the week of September 21
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 21st, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Fossilise needs a nerf ASAP

  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i left for 3 weeks and came back to this? why is this thread still alive? mag cost just doubled so no sane stamDK would use it, and MagDK has a lot of other better option IMHO.

    there's no issue with Foss before Scalebreaker BUT it got nerfed anyway........

    CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS STUPID THREAD?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    i left for 3 weeks and came back to this? why is this thread still alive? mag cost just doubled so no sane stamDK would use it, and MagDK has a lot of other better option IMHO.

    there's no issue with Foss before Scalebreaker BUT it got nerfed anyway........

    CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS STUPID THREAD?

    This skill is the ultimate zerg tool allowing the mindless horde to instantly stop (with a buggy CC break) and immobilise a player that is kiting them, people say ZOS are closing the skill gap and its abilities like this that do it. I can’t count the number of times I’m heavily outnumbered and I am instantly ruined by some magdk mashing the fossilise button and doing not much else. “Run immovables” or “run immobilise removal” is ironic coming from people that play a class that doesn’t require a combo and don’t need to line up a cc normally like every other class in the game does.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you know it everyone will just be light attacking because the noobs all complained and ruin every skill
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    i left for 3 weeks and came back to this? why is this thread still alive? mag cost just doubled so no sane stamDK would use it, and MagDK has a lot of other better option IMHO.

    there's no issue with Foss before Scalebreaker BUT it got nerfed anyway........

    CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS STUPID THREAD?

    This skill is the ultimate zerg tool allowing the mindless horde to instantly stop (with a buggy CC break) and immobilise a player that is kiting them, people say ZOS are closing the skill gap and its abilities like this that do it. I can’t count the number of times I’m heavily outnumbered and I am instantly ruined by some magdk mashing the fossilise button and doing not much else. “Run immovables” or “run immobilise removal” is ironic coming from people that play a class that doesn’t require a combo and don’t need to line up a cc normally like every other class in the game does.

    If one of the “mindless horde” has enough knowledge to slot Fossilize, and the rest of them do enough damage to kill you, I guess they weren’t actually mindless, were they? Sounds like working as intended to me. It’s supposed to be hard to survive against superior numbers. They can’t all be noob light attack heroes for you to farm.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Tell you what.....why don’t you PvP’ers just get ZOS to nerf all classes down to bare hands and no armour? Job done.
    Why does a PvE'er care if fossilize loses its root?

    It has nothing to do with fossilize and everything to do with PvP'ers constantly demanding nerfs which then directly affect PvE'ers.

    :D But if it doesn’t have anything to do with fossilize then it does not affect you at all so therefore your argument is invalid and you’re just here for the sake of being a whiner.

    PVP is the true endgame content in ESO, at the end of the day your Trials group will never get a better score than Alcasts group so when you beat +3 cloudrest you may as well uninstall because theres nothing more for you to do and if you can’t beat it L2P, if anything PVE dps is so insanely overtuned at the moment with Stamcro ultimates theres actually no reason for the questing kids to complain

    Totally agree. People who whine about the little nerfs that come to PvE land are basically complaining about taking training wheels off a tricycle.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade main here. No fossilize do not need any nerfs, if you have issues with this skill you need to grow pair of thumbs.
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

    Mael Nightshadow - that's all you need to know.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been an advocate to get this skill nerf in the past, however with the cost increase instead it feels like to me personally its in a good place now.

    I rarely see it in bgs or cyrodil anymore, so for me its fine as its now, dks dont need to be punished any further on this skill
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    I have been an advocate to get this skill nerf in the past, however with the cost increase instead it feels like to me personally its in a good place now.

    I rarely see it in bgs or cyrodil anymore, so for me its fine as its now, dks dont need to be punished any further on this skill

    Rarely see it in BGs and Cyrodiil? Do you pvp or do your eyes just get covered up when you see a magDK. Every magDK worth their salt under the sun runs fossilize. The thing with fossilize is it applies stun and even if you break the stun you get rooted. This forces a player to require more stamina than usual if they even want to break out of fossilize. Any competent magDK will get a free hit after they use their one-click-on-demand-double CC if their fingers aren’t made of lead.

    The bigger issue is I don’t think they can nerf this skill without making it slightly weaker because the idea behind this skill will just get destroyed. Best possible solution is probably to slightly increase magicka cost again.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    i left for 3 weeks and came back to this? why is this thread still alive? mag cost just doubled so no sane stamDK would use it, and MagDK has a lot of other better option IMHO.

    there's no issue with Foss before Scalebreaker BUT it got nerfed anyway........

    CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS STUPID THREAD?

    This skill is the ultimate zerg tool allowing the mindless horde to instantly stop (with a buggy CC break) and immobilise a player that is kiting them, people say ZOS are closing the skill gap and its abilities like this that do it. I can’t count the number of times I’m heavily outnumbered and I am instantly ruined by some magdk mashing the fossilise button and doing not much else. “Run immovables” or “run immobilise removal” is ironic coming from people that play a class that doesn’t require a combo and don’t need to line up a cc normally like every other class in the game does.

    Do ypou know that the mindless horde could just easily send a sorc streaking your way to... you know, stun you in the same way?

    But I imagine you are the sorc trying to run away from the mindless hord
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    I have been an advocate to get this skill nerf in the past, however with the cost increase instead it feels like to me personally its in a good place now.

    I rarely see it in bgs or cyrodil anymore, so for me its fine as its now, dks dont need to be punished any further on this skill

    Rarely see it in BGs and Cyrodiil? Do you pvp or do your eyes just get covered up when you see a magDK. Every magDK worth their salt under the sun runs fossilize. The thing with fossilize is it applies stun and even if you break the stun you get rooted[. This forces a player to require more stamina than usual if they even want to break out of fossilize. Any competent magDK will get a free hit after they use their one-click-on-demand-double CC if their fingers aren’t made of lead.

    The bigger issue is I don’t think they can nerf this skill without making it slightly weaker because the idea behind this skill will just get destroyed. Best possible solution is probably to slightly increase magicka cost again.

    How should a mDK, whose skills are basically melee, fight in Cyro without foss?

    Do you understand the reason BEHIND the stun and nerf of foss?

    If you let any mDK get close to you and then die, then it is your fault. If you let any mDK get close to you and then you kill him, then you learnt how to play this game. That's the line between a player who knows how this game is played and the one who doesn't.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xvorg lmao what an argument. If you die you lose if you don’t you win. 10/10 ez plz. In this game where going forward is faster than kiting backward unless you don’t face them it isn’t that hard to get near enemies as a magDK especially since you have enough tankiness to out tank damage anyways. Seriously, fossilize is a strong CC undoubtedly, but it doesn’t mean if you can beat someone who runs fossilize you’re automatically good or “know how to play the game”. Right now I’m talking from the perspective of a designer not just some ignorant player running their mouth off telling people to “get good” when I’d wipe the floor with you anyways. Lmao “if you let them get close to fossilize must be your fault! I can just play stam sorc and sprint, roll, streak away!” ESO forum always filled with incredible delights.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    @Xvorg lmao what an argument. If you die you lose if you don’t you win. 10/10 ez plz. In this game where going forward is faster than kiting backward unless you don’t face them it isn’t that hard to get near enemies as a magDK especially since you have enough tankiness to out tank damage anyways. Seriously, fossilize is a strong CC undoubtedly, but it doesn’t mean if you can beat someone who runs fossilize you’re automatically good or “know how to play the game”. Right now I’m talking from the perspective of a designer not just some ignorant player running their mouth off telling people to “get good” when I’d wipe the floor with you anyways. Lmao “if you let them get close to fossilize must be your fault! I can just play stam sorc and sprint, roll, streak away!” ESO forum always filled with incredible delights.

    @chrightt How can you talk about the perspective of the designer without considering the reason why the skill has that double CC? Have you seen the description of Power lash? Then how can a mDK use it lash if you break CC? If that's the case, what's the point of power lash?

    If you are unable to see the perspective from the other side then you should be more careful when addressing this issue. Sure, nerf fossilize, but you will not been only nerfing fossilize, also you will nerf Powerlash.

    And I keep what I said: dealing with an mDK using foss (in no case foss is spammed, that's another hint about your playing level), is an l2p issue in the same way it is a l2p issue dealing with streak, or cloak or BoL. And for the record, after you break CC on foss,It can't be used after 6 secs, so you have 6 Mississipis to do something after you broke Foss, and it doesn't requires you to be super skilled. After break free just count to 5, use FM and then the mDK won't fossilize you after 9 secs (isn't that enough time?). Instead of that you go for the wrong move, which is Break free + dodgre roll, when it should be break free + FM (there's a CP star that reduces the cost of your stam skill 80% after you break free).
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    chrightt wrote: »
    @Xvorg lmao what an argument. If you die you lose if you don’t you win. 10/10 ez plz. In this game where going forward is faster than kiting backward unless you don’t face them it isn’t that hard to get near enemies as a magDK especially since you have enough tankiness to out tank damage anyways. Seriously, fossilize is a strong CC undoubtedly, but it doesn’t mean if you can beat someone who runs fossilize you’re automatically good or “know how to play the game”. Right now I’m talking from the perspective of a designer not just some ignorant player running their mouth off telling people to “get good” when I’d wipe the floor with you anyways. Lmao “if you let them get close to fossilize must be your fault! I can just play stam sorc and sprint, roll, streak away!” ESO forum always filled with incredible delights.

    @chrightt How can you talk about the perspective of the designer without considering the reason why the skill has that double CC? Have you seen the description of Power lash? Then how can a mDK use it lash if you break CC? If that's the case, what's the point of power lash?

    If you are unable to see the perspective from the other side then you should be more careful when addressing this issue. Sure, nerf fossilize, but you will not been only nerfing fossilize, also you will nerf Powerlash.

    And I keep what I said: dealing with an mDK using foss (in no case foss is spammed, that's another hint about your playing level), is an l2p issue in the same way it is a l2p issue dealing with streak, or cloak or BoL. And for the record, after you break CC on foss,It can't be used after 6 secs, so you have 6 Mississipis to do something after you broke Foss, and it doesn't requires you to be super skilled. After break free just count to 5, use FM and then the mDK won't fossilize you after 9 secs (isn't that enough time?). Instead of that you go for the wrong move, which is Break free + dodgre roll, when it should be break free + FM (there's a CP star that reduces the cost of your stam skill 80% after you break free).

    Dont even try man, this is the most ignorant thread out there. Skills fine.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    How can you talk about the perspective of the designer without considering the reason why the skill has that double CC? Have you seen the description of Power lash? Then how can a mDK use it lash if you break CC? If that's the case, what's the point of power lash?

    If you are unable to see the perspective from the other side then you should be more careful when addressing this issue. Sure, nerf fossilize, but you will not been only nerfing fossilize, also you will nerf Powerlash.

    And I keep what I said: dealing with an mDK using foss (in no case foss is spammed, that's another hint about your playing level), is an l2p issue in the same way it is a l2p issue dealing with streak, or cloak or BoL. And for the record, after you break CC on foss,It can't be used after 6 secs, so you have 6 Mississipis to do something after you broke Foss, and it doesn't requires you to be super skilled. After break free just count to 5, use FM and then the mDK won't fossilize you after 9 secs (isn't that enough time?). Instead of that you go for the wrong move, which is Break free + dodgre roll, when it should be break free + FM (there's a CP star that reduces the cost of your stam skill 80% after you break free).

    Mate you fail to even read do you just form arguments out of nowhere? I specifically said the mechanic of double cc cannot be changed without turning the skill useless. I am NOT advocating for a complete destruction of said skill. I have also not mentioned any fossilize spamming so you lost me completely with your baseless comments, indicating your level indeed. Making fossilize cost a bit more only makes sure people spam it less. With a 4K magicka cost, I don’t think continuously spamming fossilize will be very productive. What I am saying is if the skill (according to ZOS audit) is still over performing, the only easy way to fix it is probably to slightly increase its magicka cost. As for l2p issue don’t worry I’m OP already lmao, and I can just chase the meta if ZOS screws up the balance if I want to feel “OP”. Overall I prefer fun builds, but hey going 24/2/17 on magplar just last match definitely feels good.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    With a 4K magicka cost, I don’t think continuously spamming fossilize will be very productive. What I am saying is if the skill (according to ZOS audit) is still over performing, the only easy way to fix it is probably to slightly increase its magicka cost.
    ZOS literally just raised the cost of Fossilize to be just over 4K and yet you're still crying about this skill on the forums...
    new solo arena 2020
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    I have been an advocate to get this skill nerf in the past, however with the cost increase instead it feels like to me personally its in a good place now.

    I rarely see it in bgs or cyrodil anymore, so for me its fine as its now, dks dont need to be punished any further on this skill

    Rarely see it in BGs and Cyrodiil? Do you pvp or do your eyes just get covered up when you see a magDK. Every magDK worth their salt under the sun runs fossilize. The thing with fossilize is it applies stun and even if you break the stun you get rooted. This forces a player to require more stamina than usual if they even want to break out of fossilize. Any competent magDK will get a free hit after they use their one-click-on-demand-double CC if their fingers aren’t made of lead.

    The bigger issue is I don’t think they can nerf this skill without making it slightly weaker because the idea behind this skill will just get destroyed. Best possible solution is probably to slightly increase magicka cost again.

    Lol, last thing I want is Zos taking advice from people like you. You mentality is the same reason why they removed the cc from crystal frag. Right now you are just spreading your feet and getting a feel for cc. You realize a lot of competent pvp players make it a rotation to cc off cool down as much as possible. What you really want is someone to show you how to fight dks or show you the counter play to fossilize.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:

    LMAO stam dk you mean the heavy armour cheese class that is basically the reasoning behind removing of dynamic ulti gain and caused fury, sevenths and masters bleeds nerfs, you get proc mag regen from heavy armour passives and proc mag regen from battle roar - the single most overpowered regen passive in the game since they nerfed the argonian pot passive, and will cause an eventual bloodspawn nerf somwhere down the line, so yes tuning down a class instead of tuning down everything it runs seems like a better option

    If you think Battle Roar isthe best regen passive, you don't know anything about this game.

    99% of the time you will use your ulti to execute enemies. To execute enemies, you MUST leave them close to a 25% health or less. Then you will use that passive in the exact moment you don't need it anymore: when your oponent is dead. What use can you give the passive at that point?

    Of course, you can use it in middle of a fight, but who would ever do that stupid move? Wasting your ulti to recover resources is borderline idiotic. Ultis are for killing enemies. Sure, there are ultis that could help you such as shield and resto ultis, but on a class that have access to major mending and extra blocking and that lacks the tools to do burst dmg that's not smart.

    So a situation in which Battle roar allows you to recover resources before killing your enemy to keep on fighting is clearly rare. It used to be useful with dynamic ulti + emperor + 1vX but that doesn't happen anymore unless you are farming potatoes.

    Before talking about any class in this game, do yourself a favor and actually go to play that class, then come to the forums to give your impressions. Your rant only reveals that you don't know anything about how is the class played and you just stick with theoretical impressions/some crappy youtuber opinions, that are far from reality.

    Oh, and by the way, dynamic ulti regen was taken from the game, wasn't for Dks only. Batblades that were able to build Clouding Swarm in less than 30 secs were also responsibles for that too. You know Catalist + Transfer + Sap Essence...

    Why did I read this, just to get sad? :<
    EU | PC
    EP
    Master Kas - Nightblade ★
    The Procodile - Nightblade ★
    Poldark - Dragonknight ★
    Warboy - Dragonknight ★
    Ad Astra - Templar
    Nucky Thompson - Sorcerer
    Lord Uhtred - Necromancer
    wywywywywywyw - Warden

    AD
    Al Sah-Him - Nightblade★
    Do U Even Lift Bro - Templar

    DC
    Cheat Engine - Nightblade ★
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:

    LMAO stam dk you mean the heavy armour cheese class that is basically the reasoning behind removing of dynamic ulti gain and caused fury, sevenths and masters bleeds nerfs, you get proc mag regen from heavy armour passives and proc mag regen from battle roar - the single most overpowered regen passive in the game since they nerfed the argonian pot passive, and will cause an eventual bloodspawn nerf somwhere down the line, so yes tuning down a class instead of tuning down everything it runs seems like a better option

    If you think Battle Roar isthe best regen passive, you don't know anything about this game.

    99% of the time you will use your ulti to execute enemies. To execute enemies, you MUST leave them close to a 25% health or less. Then you will use that passive in the exact moment you don't need it anymore: when your oponent is dead. What use can you give the passive at that point?

    Of course, you can use it in middle of a fight, but who would ever do that stupid move? Wasting your ulti to recover resources is borderline idiotic. Ultis are for killing enemies. Sure, there are ultis that could help you such as shield and resto ultis, but on a class that have access to major mending and extra blocking and that lacks the tools to do burst dmg that's not smart.

    So a situation in which Battle roar allows you to recover resources before killing your enemy to keep on fighting is clearly rare. It used to be useful with dynamic ulti + emperor + 1vX but that doesn't happen anymore unless you are farming potatoes.

    Before talking about any class in this game, do yourself a favor and actually go to play that class, then come to the forums to give your impressions. Your rant only reveals that you don't know anything about how is the class played and you just stick with theoretical impressions/some crappy youtuber opinions, that are far from reality.

    Oh, and by the way, dynamic ulti regen was taken from the game, wasn't for Dks only. Batblades that were able to build Clouding Swarm in less than 30 secs were also responsibles for that too. You know Catalist + Transfer + Sap Essence...

    Why did I read this, just to get sad? :<

    Heeere is a cookie! (^.^)-O
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:

    LMAO stam dk you mean the heavy armour cheese class that is basically the reasoning behind removing of dynamic ulti gain and caused fury, sevenths and masters bleeds nerfs, you get proc mag regen from heavy armour passives and proc mag regen from battle roar - the single most overpowered regen passive in the game since they nerfed the argonian pot passive, and will cause an eventual bloodspawn nerf somwhere down the line, so yes tuning down a class instead of tuning down everything it runs seems like a better option

    If you think Battle Roar isthe best regen passive, you don't know anything about this game.

    99% of the time you will use your ulti to execute enemies. To execute enemies, you MUST leave them close to a 25% health or less. Then you will use that passive in the exact moment you don't need it anymore: when your oponent is dead. What use can you give the passive at that point?

    Of course, you can use it in middle of a fight, but who would ever do that stupid move? Wasting your ulti to recover resources is borderline idiotic. Ultis are for killing enemies. Sure, there are ultis that could help you such as shield and resto ultis, but on a class that have access to major mending and extra blocking and that lacks the tools to do burst dmg that's not smart.

    So a situation in which Battle roar allows you to recover resources before killing your enemy to keep on fighting is clearly rare. It used to be useful with dynamic ulti + emperor + 1vX but that doesn't happen anymore unless you are farming potatoes.

    Before talking about any class in this game, do yourself a favor and actually go to play that class, then come to the forums to give your impressions. Your rant only reveals that you don't know anything about how is the class played and you just stick with theoretical impressions/some crappy youtuber opinions, that are far from reality.

    Oh, and by the way, dynamic ulti regen was taken from the game, wasn't for Dks only. Batblades that were able to build Clouding Swarm in less than 30 secs were also responsibles for that too. You know Catalist + Transfer + Sap Essence...

    Why did I read this, just to get sad? :<

    It was amazing btw. First time I realized about that started farming Stygian like insane... and when I got it, they changed Dynamic Ulti
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    How can you talk about the perspective of the designer without considering the reason why the skill has that double CC? Have you seen the description of Power lash? Then how can a mDK use it lash if you break CC? If that's the case, what's the point of power lash?

    If you are unable to see the perspective from the other side then you should be more careful when addressing this issue. Sure, nerf fossilize, but you will not been only nerfing fossilize, also you will nerf Powerlash.

    And I keep what I said: dealing with an mDK using foss (in no case foss is spammed, that's another hint about your playing level), is an l2p issue in the same way it is a l2p issue dealing with streak, or cloak or BoL. And for the record, after you break CC on foss,It can't be used after 6 secs, so you have 6 Mississipis to do something after you broke Foss, and it doesn't requires you to be super skilled. After break free just count to 5, use FM and then the mDK won't fossilize you after 9 secs (isn't that enough time?). Instead of that you go for the wrong move, which is Break free + dodgre roll, when it should be break free + FM (there's a CP star that reduces the cost of your stam skill 80% after you break free).

    Mate you fail to even read do you just form arguments out of nowhere? I specifically said the mechanic of double cc cannot be changed without turning the skill useless. I am NOT advocating for a complete destruction of said skill. I have also not mentioned any fossilize spamming so you lost me completely with your baseless comments, indicating your level indeed. Making fossilize cost a bit more only makes sure people spam it less. With a 4K magicka cost, I don’t think continuously spamming fossilize will be very productive. What I am saying is if the skill (according to ZOS audit) is still over performing, the only easy way to fix it is probably to slightly increase its magicka cost. As for l2p issue don’t worry I’m OP already lmao, and I can just chase the meta if ZOS screws up the balance if I want to feel “OP”. Overall I prefer fun builds, but hey going 24/2/17 on magplar just last match definitely feels good.

    Which was done this patch, so your complaint is?

    http://prntscr.com/p4wtze

    I suggest you to read this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6265073/#Comment_6265073
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

    I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ability is by far the worst thing in the game, remove the undodgable and make it a like a 40% snare instead of an immobilise and reduce the cost back to 3k
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only people that say its fine are people that spam the fossilized crap over and over.
    The crap is stupid cheese.
    You end up run out of stam, get stam locked, and get killed trying to break and dodge roll just to get a way from some newb that just spams it.
    Its a crutch.

    Honestly the entire game needs another rework on skills.

    YOU just need to get better at getting up and out of it. The skill simply CANNOT be spammed because you have immunity after it’s use. The skill HAS been nerfed (range reduction, cost increase, IMMUNITY).

    The skill has countless counters, wings, Race against time, immovable poisons, even pots. You can even break free and heal OR attack.

    Really if you’re fighting a DK and run out of Stam you need to look at your build and to your own ability. Duel more. Get better at the game before you beg ZOS for nerfs.

    Next you’ll be doing is reporting anybody that kills you for running cheat engine or something...

    Oh! Hehehehe
    Edited by JumpmanLane on September 12, 2019 1:45AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    This ability is by far the worst thing in the game, remove the undodgable and make it a like a 40% snare instead of an immobilise and reduce the cost back to 3k

    And then DK, the melee class, is unable to catch rollspammers without an ult? Yeah, no thanks.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the stun and break free of the skill was a bit more responsive than it currently is. My character always freeze for half a second before the stun actually happens (similar to old incap back when it had a stun), so if zos would fix overall issues with break free I think the skill would be more ok (I've nothing against the concept of the skill itself)
    Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    And apparently still not a PvE player


    Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Breton
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Bosmer
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi -Stamina DK - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - Fifty Shades of Cloak - Stamina Nightblade - Imperial
    AD - Alinare Larentius - StaminaTemplar - Redguard
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Nord
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - 1vX Material - Stamina Warden - Orc
    EP - Fenrir the Windwalker - Stamina Sorcerer - Imperial
    EP - Q_Q Mancer Stamina Necromancer - Imperial

    NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord
    EP - Queue but the ueue is silent - Nightblade - Dark Elf

  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    This skill just is just the most ridiculously over performing cc in the game and makes the old rune cage look tame in comparison. In CP pvp there are already enough snares , CC’s and immobilises to have 1 skill that wrap the 2 worst together. there is nothing worse than kiting on a medium armour build to be instantly wiped because of this skill alone. Combined with half a dozen dots even the most incapable player can sit there perm blocking, fossilise then leap or meteor and get easy kills with a 2 button combo.

    In non CP most magica builds don’t have the stamina recovery to break the CC, dodge roll the immobilise and then break the next CC (most builds don’t have the barspace to run race against time). For some reason Rune cage was nerfed multiple ways in 1 update but this even better skill persists update to update without change.

    Run tri stat food or tri stat glyphs. Problem solved for mag.

    My medium armour stamblade has no issue with fossilize or dots. I have more than enough mag and stam to break free and cloak.
  • Bluestin
    Bluestin
    The ability in its current state isn't really all that bad in my opinion; at best the only change I could think of would be to revert the cost adjustment and remove the immobilize after the stun. The skill would remain an unblock-able/undodge-able stun, but it wouldn't overlap in function with Talons.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    How should a mDK, whose skills are basically melee, fight in Cyro without foss?

    I don't know, I've never slotted it on my mag DK and have little to no problems. The skill actually sucks and is a waste of bar space IMO, but to each their own.
Sign In or Register to comment.