Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 16
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fossilise needs a nerf ASAP

  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    @theshockcable .... I mean.... Who doesn't try to cc on cool down? If you don't try to cc on cooldown it's l2p
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because a 7 meter unblockable & undodgeable stun on a class that crutches on comboing with their ultimate for burst, is totally comparable to a 36 meter unblockable & undodgeable stun on a class that can easily line up burst to drop you without an ultimate when everything lands roughly at the same time. Makes complete and total sense.

    Sorc basically had its own version of Fossilize that was on a metric *** tonne of steroids, and that was utterly and totally broken. Fossilize has no business being on a class with multiple delayed burst skills, so no, Fossilize is in no way comparable to old Rune Cage.
    @jcm2606 | PC NA | CP 1000+ | Stormproof | Boethia's Scythe
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Actually no. This is also on recent discussions....you can't hide behind a sub-forum.

    And yes that is exactly the reaction I would expect from PvP'ers, who are the most vociferous section of the forum, and do not give a damn that every nerf they demand from ZOS (and too often get) can wreck PvE'ers builds.

    You don't see this behaviour from PvE'ers, who are usually fighting against nerfs.

    Unfortunately most PvE'ers won't see this to back me up....but I stand ny my beliefs.

    Have a nice day.

    What kind of pve player uses fossilize in a rotation lmao.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thread makes me :D

    Sent from my mag DK not wasting a slot on fossilize
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should nerf Power Lash and Reflective Plate too. If not then delete the class because its so OP, Cyrodiil is 100% DK's it's a joke.

    High Council of The Black.(EU/DC PvE & PvP Guild).
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:
    PC - EU:
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Falathren - AD MagSorc
    F'lathren - AD StamDen
    Your'Mum - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD MagDK
    Valamae - EP MagPlar
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:

    LMAO stam dk you mean the heavy armour cheese class that is basically the reasoning behind removing of dynamic ulti gain and caused fury, sevenths and masters bleeds nerfs, you get proc mag regen from heavy armour passives and proc mag regen from battle roar - the single most overpowered regen passive in the game since they nerfed the argonian pot passive, and will cause an eventual bloodspawn nerf somwhere down the line, so yes tuning down a class instead of tuning down everything it runs seems like a better option
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:

    LMAO stam dk you mean the heavy armour cheese class that is basically the reasoning behind removing of dynamic ulti gain and caused fury, sevenths and masters bleeds nerfs, you get proc mag regen from heavy armour passives and proc mag regen from battle roar - the single most overpowered regen passive in the game since they nerfed the argonian pot passive, and will cause an eventual bloodspawn nerf somwhere down the line, so yes tuning down a class instead of tuning down everything it runs seems like a better option

    If you think Battle Roar isthe best regen passive, you don't know anything about this game.

    99% of the time you will use your ulti to execute enemies. To execute enemies, you MUST leave them close to a 25% health or less. Then you will use that passive in the exact moment you don't need it anymore: when your oponent is dead. What use can you give the passive at that point?

    Of course, you can use it in middle of a fight, but who would ever do that stupid move? Wasting your ulti to recover resources is borderline idiotic. Ultis are for killing enemies. Sure, there are ultis that could help you such as shield and resto ultis, but on a class that have access to major mending and extra blocking and that lacks the tools to do burst dmg that's not smart.

    So a situation in which Battle roar allows you to recover resources before killing your enemy to keep on fighting is clearly rare. It used to be useful with dynamic ulti + emperor + 1vX but that doesn't happen anymore unless you are farming potatoes.

    Before talking about any class in this game, do yourself a favor and actually go to play that class, then come to the forums to give your impressions. Your rant only reveals that you don't know anything about how is the class played and you just stick with theoretical impressions/some crappy youtuber opinions, that are far from reality.

    Oh, and by the way, dynamic ulti regen was taken from the game, wasn't for Dks only. Batblades that were able to build Clouding Swarm in less than 30 secs were also responsibles for that too. You know Catalist + Transfer + Sap Essence...
    The biggest problem within this game is the lack imagination on its player base and its developers...
    DragonKNIGHT KNIGHT!!!! not Dragonscoundrel, neither Dragonarcher....
    ― Our enemy was bold so we were bolder... our enemy was strong so we were stronger...

    ― Then, why did you lose?

    ― Our enemy was stupid...
    When it comes to crap, big-time, major league crap, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, ZoS. No contest. No contest. ZoS. ZoS easily has the greatest crap story ever told. Think about it: ZoS has actually convinced people, that there's a balance patch, coming next chapter, which will make you do everything you want do, at any hour, every day. And this balance patch has a special list of things it wants you to do. And if you don't do any of these things, it has a special place, full of lag and zergs and bleeds and procs and nerfs, where he will send you to die and suffer and respec and die and give AP and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

    But it loves you. It loves you, and it has lag! It always has lag! It's all-fun, all-perfect, all-lore, and all-challenging, somehow just can't handle lag! ZoS takes in millions of dollars, they pay no high-end servers, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good crap story. Holy Proc!
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yet another stamNB who keeps spamming snipe and eventually got caught up to by a StamDK and now crying, because he has 9k resists and could only cloak 7 times in a row.

    Try playing stamDK, try "spamming" fossilize on StamDK

    :MicDrop:

    LMAO stam dk you mean the heavy armour cheese class that is basically the reasoning behind removing of dynamic ulti gain and caused fury, sevenths and masters bleeds nerfs, you get proc mag regen from heavy armour passives and proc mag regen from battle roar - the single most overpowered regen passive in the game since they nerfed the argonian pot passive, and will cause an eventual bloodspawn nerf somwhere down the line, so yes tuning down a class instead of tuning down everything it runs seems like a better option

    Battle roar is alright on stam dk because it’s easier to weave heavy attacks on a stam based weapon compared to destro or resto. Battle roar sucks on the mag side especially if you want to kill someone who’s tanky without using a ult.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭
    The only people that say its fine are people that spam the fossilized crap over and over.
    Rianai wrote: »
    No. Fossilize is fine.

    A MagBlade spam Fossilize over and over, hmm...tenor.gif
    PC EU
    EP

    Mors Westford - Nord CraftKnight main
    Disfiguring-The-Goddess - Argonian Cancerplar
    and some others
    Thall | Got djent?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.

    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.

    This is what most people are overlooking. Most of the whiners are looking at the skill(s) in a vacuum, which leaves you looking at only like a quarter of the full picture. Passives directly play into how good the skill is, and the rest of the class kit indirectly plays into it, too, as the rest of the class kit governs how you actually use the skill.

    When built for enough damage, old Rune Cage basically gave Sorc the stamden 1- or 2-shot combo, at max range. With enough damage, timing Curse, Fury, Frags, maybe Meteor, maybe Force Pulse to soften them up a tad, with a Rune Cage, so it all hits at roughly the same time, was basically a 1-shot.

    DK doesn't have nearly as many burst options, DK doesn't have any delayed burst that makes timing everything easy, and DK's burst relies pretty much entirely on comboing your whip/spammable with your ultimate when the target is low enough. If they aren't, soften them up with a few stacked DoT's and some whip/spammable spam.

    Old Rune Cage made Sorc's naturally high burst uncounterable, Fossilize allows DK to more easily land its expensive burst combo. If you actually look at the skills outside of a vacuum, they aren't comparable at all.
    Edited by jcm2606 on September 7, 2019 3:01AM
    @jcm2606 | PC NA | CP 1000+ | Stormproof | Boethia's Scythe
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.

    God that sorc combo was the worst. The only chance you had as a medium armor DK was to pop CC immunity (pot, shuffle, etc.) as soon as you saw the meteor target appear, or else you were toast. Fossilize spam really sucks on a mag build, but at least you have a chance to fight back and kill the DK before you run out of stam.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.

    God that sorc combo was the worst. The only chance you had as a medium armor DK was to pop CC immunity (pot, shuffle, etc.) as soon as you saw the meteor target appear, or else you were toast. Fossilize spam really sucks on a mag build, but at least you have a chance to fight back and kill the DK before you run out of stam.

    Were you playing back when Magblades has this ranged combo first? They had the meteor, malefic wreath pre nerf when it was a ranged cc and root , spectral combo. Each skill at a minimum was hitting for 6k in pvp with malefic wreath hitting on highest at a 9-10k.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.

    God that sorc combo was the worst. The only chance you had as a medium armor DK was to pop CC immunity (pot, shuffle, etc.) as soon as you saw the meteor target appear, or else you were toast. Fossilize spam really sucks on a mag build, but at least you have a chance to fight back and kill the DK before you run out of stam.

    Were you playing back when Magblades has this ranged combo first? They had the meteor, malefic wreath pre nerf when it was a ranged cc and root , spectral combo. Each skill at a minimum was hitting for 6k in pvp with malefic wreath hitting on highest at a 9-10k.

    I've been playing since beta but don't remember that one. I died in pvp so often for that 1st year that I probably wouldn't be able to remember any particular thing that killed me though .
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.

    God that sorc combo was the worst. The only chance you had as a medium armor DK was to pop CC immunity (pot, shuffle, etc.) as soon as you saw the meteor target appear, or else you were toast. Fossilize spam really sucks on a mag build, but at least you have a chance to fight back and kill the DK before you run out of stam.

    Were you playing back when Magblades has this ranged combo first? They had the meteor, malefic wreath pre nerf when it was a ranged cc and root , spectral combo. Each skill at a minimum was hitting for 6k in pvp with malefic wreath hitting on highest at a 9-10k.

    I've been playing since beta but don't remember that one. I died in pvp so often for that 1st year that I probably wouldn't be able to remember any particular thing that killed me though .

    This combo existed since beta but became unusable because Zos nerfed the damage and removed the stun. This happened a couple patches after One Tamriel patch.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice all the complaints are always directed at the class/skill that is current top stun?

    Rune cage, incap, ice wall roots, flame reach,now fossilize. Players complain about stuns because they dont know how to make proper builds. Soon enough the stun from javelin will be nerfed, then the stun from ultimates, and we will have fun games where no one ever dies and alliance rank 3 players with no impen can play on an "even" field with vets.

    Actually I was surprised fossilize did not get nerfed when rune cage did. When they changed both, could have sworn both were complained about. The only defense for leaving it alone was an argument claiming melee range justified it escaping the nerf. I found it hogwash, but hey, ZOS thinks the skill is fine. Wait until people purposely bug it out :D

    It had to do with tool kits also. With sorcs when they had 28m rune like it was, the really good sorcs could always 1shot you. When that skill was up dueling sorcs who knew how to play was honestly impossible. Magdk doesn't have skills they can stack quite like sorcs did.

    God that sorc combo was the worst. The only chance you had as a medium armor DK was to pop CC immunity (pot, shuffle, etc.) as soon as you saw the meteor target appear, or else you were toast. Fossilize spam really sucks on a mag build, but at least you have a chance to fight back and kill the DK before you run out of stam.

    Were you playing back when Magblades has this ranged combo first? They had the meteor, malefic wreath pre nerf when it was a ranged cc and root , spectral combo. Each skill at a minimum was hitting for 6k in pvp with malefic wreath hitting on highest at a 9-10k.

    I remember that combo, the one small difference is bow has a travel time which allowed people a chance to dodge it. Now it's the fear combo which does the same thing.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem is that it has no counterplay... that makes it really annoying and in a dot meta where the 1 second of being stunned equals shittons of damage (non crit entropy 1k+, non crit soul trap 1k+, non crit embers 1k+, burning dot, egulfing dot) it is even worse.

    Yes you can deal with fossilse but currently the non counterplay stun + non counterplay root combined with all the dots is ridiculously overperforming.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

    ESO Highight :

  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    This skill just is just the most ridiculously over performing cc in the game and makes the old rune cage look tame in comparison. In CP pvp there are already enough snares , CC’s and immobilises to have 1 skill that wrap the 2 worst together. there is nothing worse than kiting on a medium armour build to be instantly wiped because of this skill alone. Combined with half a dozen dots even the most incapable player can sit there perm blocking, fossilise then leap or meteor and get easy kills with a 2 button combo.

    In non CP most magica builds don’t have the stamina recovery to break the CC, dodge roll the immobilise and then break the next CC (most builds don’t have the barspace to run race against time). For some reason Rune cage was nerfed multiple ways in 1 update but this even better skill persists update to update without change.

    That's because Rune Cage was a 41 meter CC and the CC break function was broken at the time. Where as Fozzile requires me to be in your god damn pocket to use annnnnnnnd got a cost increase nerf. Stop being a crybaby, adapt. Run some immov pots and FM if you're running from a zerg and have a feeling that DK is in there.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on September 8, 2019 3:45AM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

    Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem


  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Who killed this guy?

    If he's on xbox it was probably me.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

    Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem


  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭
    Fossilize needs more than a nerf. Some mag dk in imperial physique brought me 5k stones earlier. My poor magplar scared and helpless killed him in a few seconds. I was devastated.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Tell you what.....why don’t you PvP’ers just get ZOS to nerf all classes down to bare hands and no armour? Job done.
    Why does a PvE'er care if fossilize loses its root?

    It has nothing to do with fossilize and everything to do with PvP'ers constantly demanding nerfs which then directly affect PvE'ers.

    :D But if it doesn’t have anything to do with fossilize then it does not affect you at all so therefore your argument is invalid and you’re just here for the sake of being a whiner.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Tell you what.....why don’t you PvP’ers just get ZOS to nerf all classes down to bare hands and no armour? Job done.
    Why does a PvE'er care if fossilize loses its root?

    It has nothing to do with fossilize and everything to do with PvP'ers constantly demanding nerfs which then directly affect PvE'ers.

    :D But if it doesn’t have anything to do with fossilize then it does not affect you at all so therefore your argument is invalid and you’re just here for the sake of being a whiner.

    PVP is the true endgame content in ESO, at the end of the day your Trials group will never get a better score than Alcasts group so when you beat +3 cloudrest you may as well uninstall because theres nothing more for you to do and if you can’t beat it L2P, if anything PVE dps is so insanely overtuned at the moment with Stamcro ultimates theres actually no reason for the questing kids to complain
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    The main problem is that it has no counterplay... that makes it really annoying and in a dot meta where the 1 second of being stunned equals shittons of damage (non crit entropy 1k+, non crit soul trap 1k+, non crit embers 1k+, burning dot, egulfing dot) it is even worse.

    Yes you can deal with fossilse but currently the non counterplay stun + non counterplay root combined with all the dots is ridiculously overperforming.

    It has plenty of counterplay. 1) Immovable pots. 2) range, fossilize is only 7 meters 3) stun/snare/root the dk
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    The main problem is that it has no counterplay... that makes it really annoying and in a dot meta where the 1 second of being stunned equals shittons of damage (non crit entropy 1k+, non crit soul trap 1k+, non crit embers 1k+, burning dot, egulfing dot) it is even worse.

    Yes you can deal with fossilse but currently the non counterplay stun + non counterplay root combined with all the dots is ridiculously overperforming.

    So keeping the DK at range is no counterplay?

    You know, the DK has to RUN to catch you, or use empowering chains (which don't work if you stand 2 mts above/below the DK), or use a stam based gap closer, which in that case has to be crit charge or hidden blade. Any mDK using shield charge won't fossilize you because that gap closer comes with a stun.

    On the contrary, if you gap closed the DK, before you do that or after the gap closing ended you MUST use an inmo pot/FM/RaT etc to prevent an early CC.

    Dodge roll backars, then put a CC on the DK, that's all you need to stop the "foss spamming"
    The biggest problem within this game is the lack imagination on its player base and its developers...
    DragonKNIGHT KNIGHT!!!! not Dragonscoundrel, neither Dragonarcher....
    ― Our enemy was bold so we were bolder... our enemy was strong so we were stronger...

    ― Then, why did you lose?

    ― Our enemy was stupid...
    When it comes to crap, big-time, major league crap, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, ZoS. No contest. No contest. ZoS. ZoS easily has the greatest crap story ever told. Think about it: ZoS has actually convinced people, that there's a balance patch, coming next chapter, which will make you do everything you want do, at any hour, every day. And this balance patch has a special list of things it wants you to do. And if you don't do any of these things, it has a special place, full of lag and zergs and bleeds and procs and nerfs, where he will send you to die and suffer and respec and die and give AP and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

    But it loves you. It loves you, and it has lag! It always has lag! It's all-fun, all-perfect, all-lore, and all-challenging, somehow just can't handle lag! ZoS takes in millions of dollars, they pay no high-end servers, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good crap story. Holy Proc!
Sign In or Register to comment.