Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moon-Sugar Meadow

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some current impressions, focus on a new building I construct to have a view from top.

I ran out of parts, so not finished yet.
    You can go even higher, but I must buy more planks to try how far.

For now some break...

357b3z38z0zo.png

y8l1trf2ep7d.png

Here you walk up:

vypmva0qlee4.png

View from above:

jmb77u1k4yho.png

dbdp3yr8ugz8.png

The Lions again:

wx4tvw6l1f8f.png

And some of the luxury furnisher blue crystals, the extralarge ones:

y2pbf9ikmhfn.png

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a pyramid I quickly have set up to play around with the rectangular platform blocks.

Those blocks are very large, the base has the length of just 2 blocks.

A pyramid was my favourite project in Fallout 4, and I wish to do it since months in ESO. Now with the platforms it is actually possible :)

I found no good location yet, this test was placed on top of my "lion avenue" and so I will deconstruct it again.

h1op7a49j39x.png
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 11, 2019 9:51AM
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a pyramid I quickly have set up to play around with the rectangular platform blocks.

Those blocks are very large, the base has the length of just 2 blocks.

A pyramid was my favourite project in Fallout 4, and I wish to do it since months in ESO. Now with the platforms it is actually possible :)

I found no good location yet, this test was placed on top of my "lion avenue" and so I will deconstruct it again.

Interesting. It does seem so big that it would have to be the main focus of the entire meadow. I wouldn't mind having a look at it if you are happy to accept my resubmitted friend request (I deleted the first one before you replied as I didn't want to bother you). I spotted you in Imperial City with that character a couple of days ago, near the DC base!
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Interesting. It does seem so big that it would have to be the main focus of the entire meadow. I wouldn't mind having a look at it if you are happy to accept my resubmitted friend request (I deleted the first one before you replied as I didn't want to bother you). I spotted you in Imperial City with that character a couple of days ago, near the DC base!

I don't mind at all. Will be online in 7 hours, then we can group so that you can visit my primary residence. We also can go there together, still need to deconstruct the test pyramid :)

You are right though, this building dominates everything, too much, this makes it so difficult to find a proper location.
    Especially if you would use 3-4 blocks for the base to have more space inside to set up a hall or rooms. The current test still feels a bit too small for a pyramid.

I might even finally build it on tropical island instead, as it has a large beach to build on.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 11, 2019 10:42AM
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great, Mark. Thanks.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @markulrich1966 took me round his Moon-Sugar Meadow earlier and it was stunning. I didn’t get a full sense of the scale of it from the photos but it was gorgeous and has some really fun things to do. How you managed to do all that with the item cap is beyond me. 10/10
    Edited by GenjiraX on September 11, 2019 5:39PM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    @markulrich1966 took me round his Moon-Sugar Meadow earlier and it was stunning. I didn’t get a full sense of the scale of it from the photos but it was gorgeous and has some really fun things to do. How you managed to do all that with the item cap is beyond me. 10/10

The "trick" is to start with some large items.
    Gazebos, Towers, bridges, stairs, Pillars.

They change the "overall feel" of the area.

Your own home uses smaller items, so the original character of the compound is dominating (what has its own charme).

I followed a similar strategy at the lunar champion hall outside, with the stairways leading up. They now dominate the scene, it looks very different.

Once this basic setup is established, I focus on 3 locations for more details.

The crystals on the water, the lion "avenue", the lamps in the gazebos + vines.
    So you have the required detail grade that adds some "personal" touch, like the choice of lamps (Murkmire).
    It lacks detail thogh compared to your home, with all the detailed places to sit and different merchant stands.

If then still slots are free, I look for places where something seems to miss, add a Pergola or such for the final finish.

I will upload a video this weekend, glad you enjoyed the tour, thanks for the nice review :)

Edited by markulrich1966 on September 11, 2019 8:43PM
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pleasure and thanks for the tips. Looking forward to seeing your other homes.
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to show you guys what I've been working on (elsweyr temple Manson) so far I have spent over 3 million gold on materials and furnishing plans, 4,000 crowns on crown store exclusive items, 300 shimmering sands. I'm at 400 items and have the house and foundation just about finished, just need to decorate so I'm hoping to be close to finished in about 2 or 3 more weeks. The temple house looks really cool though!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally got around to previewing this property.

Is anyone else troubled by the ugly muddy water? None of the water anywhere else in Elsweyr looks like that!

You guys have made some awesome houses there, but that water is a complete no starter for me. I couldn’t spend gold or crowns on this one.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I expanded on/rebuilt my festival area (Cassius' Tamrielic Coachella, as a guild mate called it) at the Moon-Sugar Meadow. The last thing I did was tear down the catering part and rebuild it from scratch.
    The new building craze started with the Alinor greenhouse, of course, which I put in the middle of the slaughterfish-infested waters (you can get there easily, but don't try to swim around it!):

Greenhouse Chill-out lounge:
    Seen from the entry - these party people smoke a *little bit* too much. Proof? Just look up...
    MnUOPFY.jpg
    From the inside, viewing the entry - it's all carpets, pillows, smoke, drink, plants and chill-out music.
    hIzZxo2.jpg

Small movie theater next to the merch stand:
    We show ancient Khajiiti movies when there's no show in the rave area.
    sURlOHp.jpg

Merch/souvenir shop:
    Get your books, beach wraps, skulls, band shirts and other memorabilia here - yes, we also have wind-up mini-skeevers!
    8Elx7lP.jpg

New catering area:
    We elevated it and added a bar so people can see the stages/rave area when eating and drinking.
    KNEMxKZ.jpg
    Here's a closer look at the kitchen part:
    2W5gfSB.jpg

The First Aid area:
    Yes, there's a lot of dehydration and exhausted people on these festivals. Not our fault - there are several springs and wells in the area, nd the water is free! But just in case somebody collapses - we have a wheelbarrow to get them to the med tent, we have cots and a real alchemy station, just in case.
    aWxodL5.jpg

Glamping Area B:
    Here's a newer view at the sleeping/living areas. As they all look - basically - the same, a peak at Area B will suffice:
    KTQ2Cah.jpg

The Crappery:
    And finally - the Crappery. All the food needs to go somewhere, yes? We'll take care of it later. Just take your dump in this well-hidden (yet announced by banners) part of the festival area. Bring your own paper if you wish - just *please* use the provided pitchfork to pitch your produce on the heap once you're finished.
    8Ic2bKL.jpg
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 11, 2020 7:26AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Crappery:
    And finally - the Crappery. All the food needs to go somewhere, yes? We'll take care of it later. Just take your dump in this well-hidden (yet announced by banners) part of the festival area. Bring your own paper if you wish - just *please* use the provided pitchfork to pitch your produce on the heap once you're finished.
    8Ic2bKL.jpg

Reminds me of that old old old meme “you’ll [snip] when you see it”

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 19, 2020 5:45PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom