Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Dizzying Swing is too strong in PvP.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    jadarock wrote: »
    The stun lock/desync is what's broke with the skill.

Draining shot is 1000x worse in that respect. Not only is it pretty high damage with a massive knock back that’s broken but it’s 28m range and it heals the user and has no cast time. So no I think dizzy swing is fine. You nerf dizzy swing and it becomes unusable again.

Did I say nerf it?
    I said it's got a desync that's broken
    Any of the skills that show a tendency to desync the opponent need looked at period.

I've been bounced around cyrodiil maybe once by draining shot this patch yet I've been spammed by dizzy like it's the new meta.

Dizzy wasnt considered broken and spammed by every single stam dd till this patch.
    It drives me nuts you say that it's ok they broke dizzy because they cant figure out how to fix draining
    Like wtf kind of thinking is that?? Ridiculous

It’s the kind of thinking of someone who is in complete disbelief that now that dizzy is usable people are losing it when you barely hear a peep about draining shot. Also do you have any video proof or anything that the stun on dizzy is broken? I don’t experience this. Most time I can break it mid air and I play with 280 ping. On the other hand draining CC shot is documented to be broken. I can testify to the desync but I’m not sure it’s dizzy that does it I think it might be Onslaught.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 9, 2019 3:55AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it interruptable again and I’ll be happy.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried like... not trying to get hit?

I still find this skill as the most difficult to use because of how easily people can cancel it. Some people are the kings and queens of roll-dodging.

Dizzying Swing is more damaging than other spammable skills.
    This is evidence of a poor balance of spammable skills.

You cant run through enemy to cancel other spamables so it has higher damage. Proof of balance.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried like... not trying to get hit?

I still find this skill as the most difficult to use because of how easily people can cancel it. Some people are the kings and queens of roll-dodging.

Dizzying Swing is more damaging than other spammable skills.
    This is evidence of a poor balance of spammable skills.

You cant run through enemy to cancel other spamables so it has higher damage. Proof of balance.

Yeah lmao try adding a cast time to DK whip and observe.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Make it interruptable again and I’ll be happy.

All abilities with cast times need to be interruptable end of story.
  • ShrunkKoala5080
    ShrunkKoala5080
    Soul Shriven
    Xogath wrote: »
    This thread is just lol.

If your latency is that bad on its own, why in the world would you attempt to PvP in this game AT ALL?

Knowing the meta, why would you try to seriously PvP in anything but Heavy Armor, and then complain about being melted? Of course you're going to be, your opponent has THREE TIMES the defenses you do, and probably MORE offensive capability than your next-to-no resist cloth.

Now.. please read both of those statements again, slowly. Think hard here, but don't strain yourself. Do you see the bigger problems yet?

None of you have any right whatsoever to whine about anything of this sort when you:

1. Try to play against this ridiculous OP tanky DPS meta, and
    2. Try to PvP in this already laggy game and complain when you can't land or dodge channeled abilities.

The two larger peoblems outlined here, in case we're still missing the point, is:

1. Armor values need equalized in PvP, so all armor types yield the same resistances; thus neutering the tank meta to some extent.
    2. ZOS needs to get on the ball with the performance of this game or it will tank faster than they know how to deal with it.

I mean seriously.. if you all were as passionate about having a stable playing environment (ie: dedicated servers and not this laughable "megaserver" nonsense) as you were about "waahh wahhh X class bad touched me with X ability and hurt my feelgoods NERF PLS!!11OnE11!!", they might actually buckle down and do something about it instead of this hilarious "roadmap" they intend to go through with in the hopes that it shuts you all up.

Aside from the obvious balance issues and server issues, if this game isn't ported to a new Engine or has its current Engine totally overhauled, you can enjoy your sub-60FPS-at-1080p for as long as the game has left to live.. which won't be too long with issues like that.

ESO is fun and all, I get it. 1196 hours of play on my part. But after the Elsweyr PTS, and then Scalebreaker, I'm no longer tolerating the lack of response from developers about severely glaring issues this game has that their attitude towards seems to be "meh, we'll get to that". (In their defense though it's most likely due to management above them demanding content as fast as possible for revenue.)

None of you should tolerate it either. You can like the game all you want, I get that.. but at least open your eyes to the bigger picture of what's wrong with the game and complain about THAT instead of some nonsensical crap in PvP that wouldn't even be an issue if stepping in to Cyrodiil didn't triple your latency to begin with.

Note: I currently no longer play the game and have moved on to much greener pastures that doesn't perform like a microwaved turd.

This was a relatively interesting discussion until all this blather. If you've quit the game stop trolling the forums. Worse than what you've described is the irrelevant ramblings of an addicted blow-hard who's existence is so meaningless they have time to comment on forums for games they don't even play. I'm not referring to you...

Please read both of those statements again, slowly.

1. This is a dizzy swing discussion, not "balance issues and server issues" rant.
    2. Go away.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy Swing DK is too strong in pvp

Fixed it for you.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed my mind. Dizzying Swing is not overpowered.

ZO$ please buff Dizzzying Swing more. So I can gain even more EZ mode kills. Dizzying Swing is not overpowered because it's not a magicka ability, and doesn't kill others in one global cooldown.

I gave up playing Magikca anymore. I've unofficially joined the rest of the predominant stamina forum community! Must nerf Magicka in to the ground and continue buffing Stamina. ZO$ You can do it!

TL/DR

ZO$ please buff Dizzying Swing even more.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on September 11, 2019 7:10PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dizzy-1.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Too-Strong-Too.jpg
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE PVP will never balance. Trying to do so has ruined the game.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys, 2 to 3 4k damage / 2sec (before reduction) are OP Pepega

spamable stun with 90% incap damage with delayed break free and ez follow up combo = not OP btw Pepega

Surprise attack with major fracture = too strong, nerf that [snip] down!!!

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 12, 2021 11:30PM