Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dizzying Swing is too strong in PvP.

• KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying Swing is spammable big damage stun skill.
    This became OP because the cast time was shortened.
    So this should be nerf.

Nerf resistances, eliminate heavy armor from cyrodiil, make SnB unequipable in cyrodiil, nerf mobility and force players into other campaigns.

Dswing is fine for the amount of resistances players are stacking thus making pvp combat stupid. Every one trying to be a fake tank in pvp dulls game play!!!!!! Dswing rightfully deserved the buff.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Dying to dizzy swing is a l2p issue.

Lol... try playing with 500+ latency in Australia and then listen to everyone say L2P.
    How about ZOS generously donates 500 ping globally to even it out? Maybe we can all L2P?

Seriously though, it doesn't need a nerf. ZOS just needs to get more hamsters.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying swing is fine. Onslaught is the op thing and the dots that compliment the use of a spammable ability greatly.
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Dizzying swing is fine. Onslaught is the op thing and the dots that compliment the use of a spammable ability greatly.

Dizzying Swing is more of a problem than Onslaught in my opinion (even though Onslaught is stupidly strong). The problem with Dizzying Swing is the shortened cast time and how it removes/eliminates some counterplay for the ability.

If I see my enemy "channeling" their DS, it´s already to late for me to block it, even if I tapped block before the DS went of during the 0,9 second cast time it has, I will still get stunned by the ability. Same thing goes if you try to Dodge-roll someone´s DS. Since breakfree isn´t seperate from the global cooldown, it´s un-avoidable for me not to get hit by any follow up damage that comes after the first DS stun.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who doesn't enjoy Dizzy Swing spam? Weirdos.
    PC EU
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this should be nerf.

No.

Hopefully as a mag staff user, my opinion matters.

You have to learn how to avoid situations with a 2H and/or use potions and poisons and your own skills to counter.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on September 3, 2019 1:29PM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only prblem with dizzy swing is the health desync which appears often with this skill
  • rasdasa
    rasdasa
    ✭✭
    Yeah, dizzying swing is kinda overpowered. Meh, I don't mind that much, but I noticed how much more it's doing to me in PvP time and time again, so that alone kind of points out that the skill really sticks out in impact. Kinda fun to play against though, unless it's a whole group spamming it, then it gets stupid.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried like... not trying to get hit?

I still find this skill as the most difficult to use because of how easily people can cancel it. Some people are the kings and queens of roll-dodging.

Dizzying Swing is more damaging than other spammable skills.
    This is evidence of a poor balance of spammable skills.

You want to give classes like stam DK and Stam Sorc a class spammable? if not then Dswing is here to stay.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this should be nerf.

Can't remember the last time I got hit by a dizzy swing. Please accept this fat juicy L2P.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is just lol.

If your latency is that bad on its own, why in the world would you attempt to PvP in this game AT ALL?

Knowing the meta, why would you try to seriously PvP in anything but Heavy Armor, and then complain about being melted? Of course you're going to be, your opponent has THREE TIMES the defenses you do, and probably MORE offensive capability than your next-to-no resist cloth.

Now.. please read both of those statements again, slowly. Think hard here, but don't strain yourself. Do you see the bigger problems yet?

None of you have any right whatsoever to whine about anything of this sort when you:

1. Try to play against this ridiculous OP tanky DPS meta, and
    2. Try to PvP in this already laggy game and complain when you can't land or dodge channeled abilities.

The two larger peoblems outlined here, in case we're still missing the point, is:

1. Armor values need equalized in PvP, so all armor types yield the same resistances; thus neutering the tank meta to some extent.
    2. ZOS needs to get on the ball with the performance of this game or it will tank faster than they know how to deal with it.

I mean seriously.. if you all were as passionate about having a stable playing environment (ie: dedicated servers and not this laughable "megaserver" nonsense) as you were about "waahh wahhh X class bad touched me with X ability and hurt my feelgoods NERF PLS!!11OnE11!!", they might actually buckle down and do something about it instead of this hilarious "roadmap" they intend to go through with in the hopes that it shuts you all up.

Aside from the obvious balance issues and server issues, if this game isn't ported to a new Engine or has its current Engine totally overhauled, you can enjoy your sub-60FPS-at-1080p for as long as the game has left to live.. which won't be too long with issues like that.

ESO is fun and all, I get it. 1196 hours of play on my part. But after the Elsweyr PTS, and then Scalebreaker, I'm no longer tolerating the lack of response from developers about severely glaring issues this game has that their attitude towards seems to be "meh, we'll get to that". (In their defense though it's most likely due to management above them demanding content as fast as possible for revenue.)

None of you should tolerate it either. You can like the game all you want, I get that.. but at least open your eyes to the bigger picture of what's wrong with the game and complain about THAT instead of some nonsensical crap in PvP that wouldn't even be an issue if stepping in to Cyrodiil didn't triple your latency to begin with.

Note: I currently no longer play the game and have moved on to much greener pastures that doesn't perform like a microwaved turd.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    way to buff a horrible spamable, but clench was the problem! lolllllllll
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rasdasa wrote: »
    Kinda fun to play against though, unless it's a whole group spamming it, then it gets stupid.

Doesn't everything feel stupid when a whole group spams it onto you?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOU’RE TOO STRONG IN PVP!
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzying Swing is a thing of pure beauty and dislikes Nerfilings~ bon voyage wheeeeee!!! :D
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on September 5, 2019 4:47AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anything, SnB spammables that used to hard counter d.swing(due to the nature of the playstyle) are now too weak to do so. As result even SnB users are using dizzying swing.

Its not that d.seing is too OP but rather heroic slash is too weak for what it costs.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 6, 2019 12:37AM
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this should be nerf.

sorry have to disagree . me and all my friends like dizzy change and can easily counter it. change was good and should stay, if you can’t move out of way then is l2p issue. and yes I’m talking 1v1 and 1vX .
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still find it hard to line up the swing time on it and most people block it. I think the only time I get succesfull uppercuts is when I am in a group and someone has their back turned to me.

Most people roll dodge it
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »
    This thread is just lol.

If your latency is that bad on its own, why in the world would you attempt to PvP in this game AT ALL?

Knowing the meta, why would you try to seriously PvP in anything but Heavy Armor, and then complain about being melted? Of course you're going to be, your opponent has THREE TIMES the defenses you do, and probably MORE offensive capability than your next-to-no resist cloth.

Now.. please read both of those statements again, slowly. Think hard here, but don't strain yourself. Do you see the bigger problems yet?

None of you have any right whatsoever to whine about anything of this sort when you:

1. Try to play against this ridiculous OP tanky DPS meta, and
    2. Try to PvP in this already laggy game and complain when you can't land or dodge channeled abilities.

The two larger peoblems outlined here, in case we're still missing the point, is:

1. Armor values need equalized in PvP, so all armor types yield the same resistances; thus neutering the tank meta to some extent.
    2. ZOS needs to get on the ball with the performance of this game or it will tank faster than they know how to deal with it.

I mean seriously.. if you all were as passionate about having a stable playing environment (ie: dedicated servers and not this laughable "megaserver" nonsense) as you were about "waahh wahhh X class bad touched me with X ability and hurt my feelgoods NERF PLS!!11OnE11!!", they might actually buckle down and do something about it instead of this hilarious "roadmap" they intend to go through with in the hopes that it shuts you all up.

Aside from the obvious balance issues and server issues, if this game isn't ported to a new Engine or has its current Engine totally overhauled, you can enjoy your sub-60FPS-at-1080p for as long as the game has left to live.. which won't be too long with issues like that.

ESO is fun and all, I get it. 1196 hours of play on my part. But after the Elsweyr PTS, and then Scalebreaker, I'm no longer tolerating the lack of response from developers about severely glaring issues this game has that their attitude towards seems to be "meh, we'll get to that". (In their defense though it's most likely due to management above them demanding content as fast as possible for revenue.)

None of you should tolerate it either. You can like the game all you want, I get that.. but at least open your eyes to the bigger picture of what's wrong with the game and complain about THAT instead of some nonsensical crap in PvP that wouldn't even be an issue if stepping in to Cyrodiil didn't triple your latency to begin with.

Note: I currently no longer play the game and have moved on to much greener pastures that doesn't perform like a microwaved turd.

ok....
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzing swing is fine that it's over performing, because it's not a magicka ability. It's always fine that Stamina abilities are over performing. Long as there are no magicka abilities over performing. Now that's a no no.

Stop crying and conform to Stamina dominance as I have!
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun lock/desync is what's broke with the skill.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

I agree with you. However since ZOS can't fix their servers to not cause these desyncs. Then skills that become broken because of server desync should be nerf to compensate for the desyncs happening. Until a fix to the servers is possible.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah sure I can counterplay a 0.8 sec cast with:
    Lag, everywhere
    Dozens of skill visual effects / other players and allies baring the view
    People comming from behind

And the list goes on. Truth is stam burst builds are worst as ever in this patch.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just play a magplar, by the time you've broke the dizzy stun you've been passive healing from 3 different sources and the dizzy user is likely rooted and taken several thousand dot dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Draining shot is 1000x worse in that respect. Not only is it pretty high damage with a massive knock back that’s broken but it’s 28m range and it heals the user and has no cast time. So no I think dizzy swing is fine. You nerf dizzy swing and it becomes unusable again.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I still find this skill as the most difficult to use because of how easily people can cancel it. Some people are the kings and queens of roll-dodging.

Edit: I also think it’s good against mags that count a numerous amount of DoTs on you, if you survive in time to hit them repeatedly.

1v1 yeah you're right just try not to get hit. But that isn't as easy the second you have 2+ people trying to kill you
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super squishy magblade here. If a person using that skills lands it on me I deserve to die. Good job to the player who used it because if your a moving target it ain’t easy to land. On a side note can we as the community not call for nerfs on a skill unless it is blatant OP. For example the Necro bash. That was OP and needed to be nerfed. But this skill the Op posted about doesn’t need to be nerfd. Remember it’s like a domino affect. When they nerf one skill then they focus on another to nerf. I look at it like this. I’m a squishy magblade. I hit him from range and dot him up. He in turns tries to either gap close me or use some sort of range attack. 9 out of 10 they gap close in. And if I let him lock me down and DS me then that is on me as I should have either kept him at a distance or locked/snared him down. Just trying to be realistic about it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Edit: I also think it’s good against mags that count a numerous amount of DoTs on you, if you survive in time to hit them repeatedly.

1v1 yeah you're right just try not to get hit. But that isn't as easy the second you have 2+ people trying to kill you

Almost any skill is that way. Try purging 6 dots off you that can be instantly reapplied. Try getting out of warden frost ult when you’re immobilized from living dark, try blocking curse when you’re someone’s spamming you with draining shot. 1vX is tough that’s why people like to say others are exploiting and cheating when they pull it off. Plus, unlike lots of other skills it does have a cast time and it can be blocked and dodged so there’s LOTS of counter play.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Draining shot is 1000x worse in that respect. Not only is it pretty high damage with a massive knock back that’s broken but it’s 28m range and it heals the user and has no cast time. So no I think dizzy swing is fine. You nerf dizzy swing and it becomes unusable again.

Did I say nerf it?
    I said it's got a desync that's broken
    Any of the skills that show a tendency to desync the opponent need looked at period.

I've been bounced around cyrodiil maybe once by draining shot this patch yet I've been spammed by dizzy like it's the new meta.

Dizzy wasnt considered broken and spammed by every single stam dd till this patch.
    It drives me nuts you say that it's ok they broke dizzy because they cant figure out how to fix draining
    Like wtf kind of thinking is that?? Ridiculous
    Edited by jadarock on September 9, 2019 3:46AM