The Markarth DLC and Update 28 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/
Maintenance for the week of September 21
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 21st, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Still no jewelry crafting in Hollow City [RESOLVED - finally]

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Another major update, another dozen patches come and gone since this was first reported. It’s been brought up by several people here on the forums and through support tickets. Hollow City remains the only Writ town in the game that doesn’t have access to all craft types. There are three (3!) enchanting stations, surely it wouldn’t be that difficult to replace one with a Jewelry Station.

I understand how it got missed initially, but can someone at Zeni explain why it’s still like this over a year after being reported?

Edit March 2020: Between the bug reports and the tags in the thread, we finally got Zeni’s attention. This is planned to be added “in a future update”.

Edit May 2020: this is being added with Greymoor. A full two years after I first bug reported it. :D
Edited by Reverb on August 7, 2020 2:35AM
Armitas wrote: »
This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    +1 Came here looking for this.

    Was trying to find a new city, maybe a lower populated one to call my home to hopefully ease the loading screen for each character.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Prior to the introduction of Jewelry Crafting, Coldharbour was a great place to park alts for writs.
    agree.gif

    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And davon watch doesn't have dye/outfit station
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I don't get why this hasn't been addressed. Surely it can't be that hard to turn one of the enchanting stations into a JC station. After all, they did that in the other zones so whatever coding needs to be done to make it so has already been created/implemented.

    It also doesn't make much sense that this hasn't been fixed when you see things like "improved the textures on all carts throughout Elsweyr" in the patch notes a week or so from Elsweyr's launch.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 21, 2019 6:37PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Hollow City needs a Jewelry Station.

    There is room for it. Just swap one of the 3 Enchanting Stations

    Agreed.This should be fixed.
    PS4 / NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another major patch, and still no jewelry crafting in Hollow City. Coldharbour is still the only zone where you can’t craft all the writs you can pick up and turn in there.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the last DB event I noticed that the Sanctuary doesn’t have a jewelry station either. I decided to do the optional requirements on the Sacrament using poison and got the inevitable huge bounty which required me to stick around there instead of leaving right away.

    Yeah, it would be nice to have a jewelry station in the Hollow City as well. Especially if you’re doing the main storyline.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP

    PS4/ NA

  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last DB event I noticed that the Sanctuary doesn’t have a jewelry station either. I decided to do the optional requirements on the Sacrament using poison and got the inevitable huge bounty which required me to stick around there instead of leaving right away.

    Sorry for being off topic here, but that optional can be met by having poison equipped and using the blade of woe, which gives you better odds of getting out without a large bounty.
    On topic : I have no idea why this has been overlooked for so long.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because everyone just goes to Vivec? Pretty much the best all-around hub.
    I think we're lucky they added it to Morrowind. Often game companies don't like going back to revise content.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 20, 2019 2:38AM
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    As Dusk_Coven says go to vivec i moved everyone there when I noticed how convenient it was, the crafting stations are very close and are near the bank so it is very easy to pass things between characters or what you get in dungeons and then everyday do the wits, there are some decent traders too.
    Well maybe by making threads like this you will get their attention and they will fix it because it has to be fast but I think that they do not touch things that they give as done.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CynicK wrote: »
    As Dusk_Coven says go to vivec i moved everyone there when I noticed how convenient it was, the crafting stations are very close and are near the bank so it is very easy to pass things between characters or what you get in dungeons and then everyday do the wits, there are some decent traders too.
    Well maybe by making threads like this you will get their attention and they will fix it because it has to be fast but I think that they do not touch things that they give as done.

    I think one of the main reasons some people are upset about the lack of jewelry crafting station(s) in Coldharbour is it limits their ability to turn in daily crafting writs on characters with high bounties.

    Yes, I know they made that bed and now they'll have to lay in it, but for all the years prior to Summerset you were able to continue to do all trades of daily crafting writs on characters you set up as your lawbreakers. The lack of justice-system reprimands in Coldharbour made it a niche place for a niche play style.

    I honestly think it was a simple oversight by ZOS to not include a jewelry station in Coldharbour, but ever since there's been crickets on the issue and it's like they're too proud to admit their mistake.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

    Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)


  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    One year+ has passed since jewelry was introduced and no acknowledgement from ZOS. On such a simple matter. Well done.
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I think one of the main reasons some people are upset about the lack of jewelry crafting station(s) in Coldharbour is it limits their ability to turn in daily crafting writs on characters with high bounties.

    Then this is a good thing -- Bounties then actually mean something. They are meant to inconvenience the player who was a lousy criminal and accumulated a bounty in the first place.

    Right now, people can just bulldoze their way into a Sacrament, accumulate a huge bounty while completing their mission, then turn off their computer and go to sleep. When they wake up, magically there's no bounty anymore because it's ticked down to nothing while they were offline for several hours.
    It's a ridiculous loophole that ZOS should have fixed a long time ago.

    For Coldharbour to NOT have the justice system implemented might actually be the odd situation.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 30, 2019 6:05PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I think one of the main reasons some people are upset about the lack of jewelry crafting station(s) in Coldharbour is it limits their ability to turn in daily crafting writs on characters with high bounties.

    Then this is a good thing -- Bounties then actually mean something. They are meant to inconvenience the player who was a lousy criminal and accumulated a bounty in the first place.

    Haha... I don't think you understand what the players who rack up very high bounties do in this game. It doesn't happen because they are a "lousy criminal." Precisely the opposite, in fact, if we're looking at it in terms of efficiency and profit margins. Those of us who have run perma-bounty characters honestly aren't all that inconvenienced by it one way or another. It opens up an entirely new dimension of the game that is quite fun and interesting. The absence of a jewelry crafting station in Coldharbor is more of an annoyance than anything else.
    I play ESO on XBOX NA
    Remember: Elder Scrolls Online appeals to a diverse customer base that view and play the game in different ways.
    Regardless of how you play, be aware Elder Scrolls Online is play-to-pay game.
    Use at your own risk and learn at https://www.psychologyofgames.com
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what the players who rack up very high bounties do in this game. … The absence of a jewelry crafting station in Coldharbor is more of an annoyance than anything else.

    Aside from the fact that ColdHarbour probably should have the Justice System, why should criminals be allowed to turn in daily writs when merchants won't even talk to them.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what the players who rack up very high bounties do in this game. … The absence of a jewelry crafting station in Coldharbor is more of an annoyance than anything else.

    Aside from the fact that ColdHarbour probably should have the Justice System, why should criminals be allowed to turn in daily writs when merchants won't even talk to them.

    Why not? Coldharbor needs crafters too, and they don’t give a whiff about folks being criminals.
    I play ESO on XBOX NA
    Remember: Elder Scrolls Online appeals to a diverse customer base that view and play the game in different ways.
    Regardless of how you play, be aware Elder Scrolls Online is play-to-pay game.
    Use at your own risk and learn at https://www.psychologyofgames.com
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reverb I wonder how many years we will have to wait...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU] 1382 CP

    Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS4][NA] 794 CP

    SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 520 CP
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Because everyone just goes to Vivec? Pretty much the best all-around hub.
    I think we're lucky they added it to Morrowind. Often game companies don't like going back to revise content.

    When jewelry crafting was introduced, a full year after the Morrowind expansion, they revisited every writ town in the game except Coldharbor and added a jewelry station. Your argument doesn’t hold up.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bounties shmounties...

    If you can pick up a crafting writ in a zone, you should be able to complete and turn in the Writ in that zone.

    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what the players who rack up very high bounties do in this game. … The absence of a jewelry crafting station in Coldharbor is more of an annoyance than anything else.

    Aside from the fact that ColdHarbour probably should have the Justice System, why should criminals be allowed to turn in daily writs when merchants won't even talk to them.

    Why not? Coldharbor needs crafters too, and they don’t give a whiff about folks being criminals.

    Because it doesn't make sense if criminals can just run around grabbing stuff.
    Even in a Outlaw Den full of thieves, there is "no crime" because a community can't really thrive when crime is unchecked by anything. Why start anything when someone can just come and take it away.
    That's the situation with the Imperial City and IC Sewers and farming Tel Var. Unchecked, it's just banditry all over the place.

    So from the POV of Coldharbour being a community, lack of a Justice System doesn't work.
    In an Outlaw's Den, the Justice System mechanic is not relevant because they carefully make sure you can't steal anything or kill anyone.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Another major update, another dozen patches come and gone since this was first reported. It’s been brought up by several people here on the forums and through support tickets. Hollow City remains the only Writ town in the game that doesn’t have access to all craft types. There are three (3!) enchanting stations, surely it wouldn’t be that difficult to replace one with a Jewelry Station.

    I understand how it got missed initially, but can someone at Zeni explain why it’s still like this over a year after being reported?

    Another several rounds of updates, more months gone by, and still no Jewelry Crafting station Hollow City. It remains the only city in the game were you can pick up a jewelry writ but not complete it.

    Still no response from Zeni.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll add, there’s an Outfit station in Hollow City. So they aren’t opposed to updating the features there, they’ve just overlooked Jewelry crafting. For well over a year now.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well When Molag Bal created Hollow city, rest of Tamrizens did not have access to this Unique Craft of Jwellery, and hence, Molag Bal (although aware and have full resources to make it happen) decided not to put this in Hollow city. Now this craft is widely available in whole ( mostly) Tamriel, but given we have destroyed Molag Bal and his scheme, he does not have any more 'Interest' in betterment of Hollow city.
    I could think of this as a reason why it doesn't exist there. Although an exception is there which is Dye Station, for which I can not think of a logical reason right now, how it got there.
    Urban.Monk

    -Monk I- Magden- AVA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA24
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA24
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24
    -Tin Dönkey- StamSorc- AVA24


    youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sad it has not been added yet. Surely it could not be that hard to do. ZOS is really dropping the ball on this one hard.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    Well When Molag Bal created Hollow city, rest of Tamrizens did not have access to this Unique Craft of Jwellery, and hence, Molag Bal (although aware and have full resources to make it happen) decided not to put this in Hollow city. Now this craft is widely available in whole ( mostly) Tamriel, but given we have destroyed Molag Bal and his scheme, he does not have any more 'Interest' in betterment of Hollow city.
    I could think of this as a reason why it doesn't exist there. Although an exception is there which is Dye Station, for which I can not think of a logical reason right now, how it got there.

    The Hollow City was cast into Cold Harbour by Meridia in an effort to weaken Molag Bal. It needs a Jewelry Crafting station in addition to a better marketing department for the historical society.
    The Vegemite Knight

    "if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

    The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
Sign In or Register to comment.