Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Neoealth wrote: »
    tonemd wrote: »
    Neoealth wrote: »
    I've not played mich IC. Just the odd hour or two here and there. What do people mean when they say they "banked" their tel var? Do they mean bagging them up so you can't drop them? Just wondering.

    It's currency that can be deposited in your bank. You can only loose burdens you choose to carry.

    Well i know what tel var is, just not sure how people were able to bank them.

    Typically you travel back to your home base via the sewers or Sigils of Imperial Retreat (the safer option) and then deposit the Tel Var with the banker.

    Lol I was completely unaware you could do that. So it's only a banker in the base area of the sewer? Or any banker?

    Any banker will do. Just deposit it like any other currency.

    Oh, I forgot one method. You can also use the Alliance War menu to queue for a different campaign, which will port you out of IC, then drop off your Tel Var at a banker.

    Most useful bit of info I've received from the forums, thanks. I would of probably played more IC if i'd known about this small detail. I normally just spent what little I had on the loot bags just so I didn't risk losing most of it to some random ganker.
  • kreoko
    kreoko
    Loathe it XD

    I wish there was an option to opt out of PVP when I’m trying to do quests and mind my own business.

    But hey ***, can’t be helped.

    Just remember to bank your TVs, guys. Don’t waltz around like I did with 60k one time.
    Laindir Direnni - Altmer MagSorc | NA Server
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kreoko wrote: »
    Loathe it XD

    I wish there was an option to opt out of PVP when I’m trying to do quests and mind my own business.

    But hey ***, can’t be helped.

    Just remember to bank your TVs, guys. Don’t waltz around like I did with 60k one time.

    Meh I just went in for 30 mins to see if I can bank tel var as was suggested here (you can) and got ganked by some pact guy within a few minutes of farming. Was dead before I even knew what was hitting me. Hope you enjoyed that measly 600 tel var you stole from me random pact guy :p

    I banked the rest. So the jokes on him. *sips coffee*

    Ok back to PVE stuff again.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC was the best PVP in game, so much fun at one point and has been a blast this week as a vet.

    I don't like that zergs are flooding in with their siege simulator mentality where they just run round capping districts and Xv1'ing people down but that's part of it I guess.
    Wing wrote: »
    gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

    It ain't a PvE zone, why are people there in PvE gear or playing PvE in an active event? [snip]. Add on the fact that you only lose 50% of your stones now and can make 300k stones an hour as a solo PvE'r, the 2k losses people are losing atm (Max) is no more than 30 seconds work - They'll get over it and have the option of multiple campaigns to hide in and farm alone.

    [snip]

    I don't like the raids and zergs as above, but that's just a collection of "solo PvE players" at the end of the day.

    Anyway, add on the fact that most vets know their way around the sewers/cities and run sets like Imperial Physique which new-to-IC players don't.

    A PvE zerg vs a 4 man where the 4 man knows their way around, how to kite and is running stronger gear (at a risk) seems balanced to me.

    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    [edited for non-constructive/flaming comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on September 11, 2019 5:52PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • mcb123
    mcb123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love imperial city especially when its the event!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    kreoko wrote: »
    Loathe it XD

    I wish there was an option to opt out of PVP when I’m trying to do quests and mind my own business.

    But hey ***, can’t be helped.

    Just remember to bank your TVs, guys. Don’t waltz around like I did with 60k one time.

    Meh I just went in for 30 mins to see if I can bank tel var as was suggested here (you can) and got ganked by some pact guy within a few minutes of farming. Was dead before I even knew what was hitting me. Hope you enjoyed that measly 600 tel var you stole from me random pact guy :p

    I banked the rest. So the jokes on him. *sips coffee*

    Ok back to PVE stuff again.
    I'm glad you got to bank some!

    If you want to farm Tel Var and you don't feel up to fighting other players, its going to be a lot more efficient to farm once the Event is over. There will be less players around, so there's less risk of getting attacked. During the event, I treat Tel Var as easy come, easy go just because there's so many players.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 11, 2019 11:41AM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ihated it by the time i got my vet 15-16 gear crafted at its launch now i just forget it exists becuase it holds no value to me
    I'm everything that doesn't belong in the pact but i'm there anyway...
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    It has been fun! We even ran a 12 man the other day and I got to feel like a proper Zergling.
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ihated it by the time i got my vet 15-16 gear crafted at its launch now i just forget it exists becuase it holds no value to me

    It is crazy to remember how expensive v16 gear was back then. Especially when I look at my huge stacks in my crafting bag.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They way I look at it during the event is go get as much TV as you can. If you get killed, they take half and you are at a banker so you can bank the other half. So effectively you are getting 100% of the tel var you would earn when there is no event.

    You gotta' rationalize your way to a place where you don't rage.
    SPEECHLESS - NA PC Server
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    They way I look at it during the event is go get as much TV as you can. If you get killed, they take half and you are at a banker so you can bank the other half. So effectively you are getting 100% of the tel var you would earn when there is no event.

    You gotta' rationalize your way to a place where you don't rage.

    But, but, but, my shiiiiiiiiiiinies are gone!
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just had the most enjoyable night (or morning) of the entire event.

    Yesterday morning I decided to go running around the DC section of the sewers on the EU server with some other DC players, and had a blast, finding a few skyshards, killing a few trove scamps, and discovering everything in the DC section. We even went to the center and got killed repeatedly by players from the other alliances, but after a few repeated attempts we were able to run around freely and grab the skyshard (the other alliances must have gotten bored and left).

    So last night/this morning I did the same thing on the NA server, except that I mostly ran around solo because my main NA character is a good bit more capable than my main EU character. I soloed all of the group bosses in the DC section-- with the exception of the one closest to the center (the Gate Keeper), because another player came along when I was almost through and helped finish off the boss. I collected the skyshards-- including the one at the center-- and explored each area of the DC section, cleaning out all of the MOBs by myself and closing all of the portals. However, I didn't try to tackle the patrolling Coldharbour bosses by myself, because I already knew from trying it just before the event started that they were too much for me to handle. By the time I quit for the night, I had just over 7000 Tel Var stones.

    The bad news is that the game kept freezing up, and a couple of times it even closed unexpectedly. I rebooted my computer to see if it would help, and up pops a message saying that "imminent failure" of my hard drive was detected-- attribute 05, which apparently means that the number of bad sectors marked as unusable has reached a certain threshold. So now I've got my computer running a hard drive check, and I had to finish up my session on my MacBook Air.

    Anyway, I'm planning to finally buy some nice armor with my Tel Var stones, and gold it since I've got the temps for that. Now I just have to decide which two sets to buy-- I'm thinking Imperial Physique and the Harbinger.
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    The design for IC was always "lambs to the slaughter." Seems like the point was to lure in PvE players to get ganked by nightblades.

    No risk vs reward at all. You go out and gank with 0 Tel Var, deposit in the bank, repeat. If you do get killed (unlikely) you lose nothing.

    And this is why the IC is extremely bad design compared to Cyrodiil.
    Cyrodiil is about war objectives and actual PvP OBJECTIVES -- taking land, trying to win the war and becoming emperor. There's a proper context for the PvP activity and AP is the measure of it.

    All the PvP activity in the Imperial City is about MUGGING PEOPLE for Tel Var.

    Tel Var ultimately comes from PvE -- killing PvE monsters.
    So there are people who harvest Tel Var. And then there are people who mug other people for Tel Var. That is exclusively the PvP part of the Imperial City DLC -- mugging people for Tel Var.
    Nothing in the Imperial City furthers the Three Banners War.

    Ironically, if players ONLY focussed on PvE monster-killing, they'd end up with a lot more Tel Var than trying to mug it from people. Without less fear of losing your Tel Var, you could concentrate on increasing your multiplier and killing the comparatively easy PvE monsters.
    Just like in real life, if you continually raid and destroy infrastructure you are just racing to the bottom. Instead, wealth comes from building infrastructure and civilized cooperation.
    But ZOS probably knows people are selfish and stupid and won't farm massive amounts of Tel Var that way.

    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks ZOS for a DLC that glorifies base criminal behaviour.

    WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went in the first evening of the event with an experienced friend, who explained things to me in voice chat. Never dropped down into the attackable areas because we never saw anything to fight for tickets. He said the dungeons weren't great for two-manning (I think he's keenly aware of my sub-par dps, lol).

    I shrugged and decided I could get one feather behind on my tickets, as I had enough carryover to get the berry from this event. No IC for me. At least I learned about banking the TelVar Stones gained from monthly rewards, so that's some progress! If I ever get a second character to level 50 I can see about buying some nice armor set pieces for them, if my TelVar supply is anywhere near high enough by then.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

    gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

    how long before you raged.

    how long before you said "F this" and left IC

    if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

    Considering that the so called war is going to be over soon and Imperial city, (along with Cyrodil) will become a PVE zone, no I don't hate it.....I do have a lot of popcorn on hand though when the only PVP left in ESO will be arenas.

    The pvp tears will be delicious.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

    ― Robert E. Howard


  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

    gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

    how long before you raged.

    how long before you said "F this" and left IC

    if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

    Considering that the so called war is going to be over soon and Imperial city, (along with Cyrodil) will become a PVE zone, no I don't hate it.....I do have a lot of popcorn on hand though when the only PVP left in ESO will be arenas.

    The pvp tears will be delicious.

    Doubt that would happen but if it did who would you blame for all the pve changes ZOS makes?
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Ran PvE sets and got all my tickets. Fun event to say the least. Could care less about Tel Var... just had fun running around the sewers and killing the boss.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just popped a detect pot in sewer, 40+ blues in a corner. Laughed as half ult'd on me, then I went and made a drink. That was enough for me for tonight. PS4 NA. Btw zerg in stealth? Ok.


    Ooooo, I'd love to find a group packed tight like that so I could drop a shooting star and then another right away as even 12x20 is enough ulti for a double drop.
    Edited by itscompton on September 11, 2019 8:05PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    He said the dungeons weren't great for two-manning (I think he's keenly aware of my sub-par dps, lol).

    My main EU character is sub-par DPS, but I haven't had any trouble getting tickets every night by going to the closest group boss in the sewers.

    Even though I go by myself, there's always at least 3 or 4 other players from my alliance who show up while I'm waiting for the group boss to spawn, and they are almost always a lot better than my character. So you might want to try that.

    The worst-case scenario is when 10 or more other players show up, and I don't get looting privileges, in which case I just wait there patiently until the boss respawns and try again with the next batch of players who file in.

    One night there were only a few of us, and apparently we were all sub-par DPS, so it was taking us a little while to take out the boss. Then suddenly an OP player from an opposing alliance came sailing in, killed all of us while we were focused on the boss, and then took out the boss. Rather than release right away, I waited and watched from beyond the grave until the boss was dead-- which was pretty quick-- and I saw that the corpse was glowing, that is, I had looting privileges. So then I released back to base, high-tailed it back to the boss, and looted the corpse. :D
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?

    Because there is no other PvE to do in this game...……………………..
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    Who said they did? Maybe they play at a low ping -- some of us in Asia have pings of >400-500. Maybe they ani cancel -- most players don't even know ani-cancelling exists. Maybe they used rigged controllers -- many 1vXers do. Hell I saw one magsorc this morning who's shield stayed up even when he was stunned, rooted and then knocked down.

    Sure, there are a lot of honest players and practice makes perfect, but your suggestion is frivolous at best, or possibly even disingenuous.

    Gamer info: Soldras / NA / PS4 / CP 9XX / Many alts / PVP focus
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?

    Well you're complaining about PVP being painful, god forbid you have to put in the same effort into pvp as you do in pve, but asking to be good at games is too much now. They've made it pretty easy to enjoy the event if you pve without ever having to enter and the city is meant to be pvp so, yes, the expectation is that you pvp. You can join farming groups for sewers and districts if you need safety in numbers so you dont even have to be that good at pvp either. This is also the 4th or 5th IC event and nothing has really changed besides the addition of siege merits. Maybe it's because this is how ZOS inended the area and event.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    Who said they did? Maybe they play at a low ping -- some of us in Asia have pings of >400-500. Maybe they ani cancel -- most players don't even know ani-cancelling exists. Maybe they used rigged controllers -- many 1vXers do. Hell I saw one magsorc this morning who's shield stayed up even when he was stunned, rooted and then knocked down.

    Sure, there are a lot of honest players and practice makes perfect, but your suggestion is frivolous at best, or possibly even disingenuous.

    So you're saying the people good at pvp arent good at pvp, they are just cheating in every way possible or people with 4-500 ping.

    Sure, there are a lot of honest players and practice makes perfect

    This is the best line because you acknowledge you have to put time into getting good at pvp (like you do at pve) and then

    but your suggestion is frivolous at best, or possibly even disingenuous.

    You say I'm lying. Also what is possibly disingenuous? You either you are or you aren't, you can't maybe be disingenuous, that's not how it works. Either way though, your solution of other people being better than you is saying why should I be good because people might be cheaters. You might possibly just be bad and that feeling you get reading this is called the truth. You can always improve but you can't just blame every boogie man on your problems.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting for the event to end and everyone leaves so I can go back to solo farming the bosses and make my normal amount of tel var again :)
Sign In or Register to comment.