The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get rid of the tedium of daily crafting writs?

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Fifteen characters really sounds a bit overkill. You would really have to enjoy doing that many writs even with an addon.

I rely on writs for all my gold, as I don't belong to a trading guild. But I only do writs on four of my characters. Life is too short to spend most of one's playing time just doing writs.

I don't know what to say to you, apart from what everyone else has said...you don't have to do them. Just do a few and then go and have some fun. ZOS are unlikely to change their minds about addons for consoles. It's probably part of their contracts.

If you still want to do all those writs, and there is no reason for you to stick with a console, then get/play on a PC.

Well there's no workaround at the moment. I will switch to doing 6 days worth every Sat/Sun, even though it will kill my inventories. Itd be nice, since they added Guild Trader Search function, and multi-crafting, to maybe add something for daily writs (maybe even require skill points to use) to be quicker for us console players. I'm not demanding it now, since I know they have a lot on their plate.. I'd just love to see it down the line.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gathering rewards comes with a pricetag - in your case something like a whole working day worth of crafting. Doing writs on 15 chars obviously mean a lot of rewards.
    And - there is no reason to complain, the rewards scale 1:1 to the effort.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The OP's point is that he's on console, as am I, and writs are a PITA to do. PC gets an add-on that let's them pick up the writ and just immediately turn it in. Boom - done, on as many characters as they want. On console, however, if we want to do as many writs as PC players do, it takes us far longer to do them. The consumables, at least stack - well, only pots and food do - glyphs do not. So, we can pre-craft glyphs and the gear items, but only as many as our characters' inventories allow.

The OP is asking for some way to close the gap between the time it takes PC players to do writs vs console players. Yes, he could just not do them, but he clearly wants to do them to reap the same rewards that PC players get with minimal effort. Sure, some PC players don't use add-ons, but any serious crafter farming daily writs on 15 characters (and some do more with alt accounts) would be using the add-on, otherwise they'd be spending hours doing them, as console players do.

I've made my peace with it. I either do them if I feel like dedicating an hour+ to it, or I don't. Multicrafting has made it easier to pre-craft, but you still have to dedicate one day to that pre-crafting. I decided to try it out and spent the first three days crafting the gear in multiples. So, when the clothing writ called for 1 robe/breeches/epaulets, I made three of each, and so on so that by day 3, I had enough to do 6 additional days. So, those additional days went really fast, since all the items were already made, but once all that pre-crafted stuff was turned in, I had to start over again, which I didn't bother to do yesterday since I didn't feel like going through all the hassle.

My choice, of course, but it's just confusing to me that the response of the PC add-on crowd is just - don't do them vs. maybe supporting console players in their desire for ZOS to perhaps give us some additional QoL features that would make daily crafting writs less painful to do, as add-ons certainly have for PC.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    Gathering rewards comes with a pricetag - in your case something like a whole working day worth of crafting. Doing writs on 15 chars obviously mean a lot of rewards.
    And - there is no reason to complain, the rewards scale 1:1 to the effort.

Players not camping the crafting tables mean players that are interacting with the other players and playing the game, having fun. I see minimizing this time as beneficial for everyone, even those who want to keep the "Core" of the game strong.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem with Console Players getting the same options?

In theory, nothing. But the problem here is the tone. Just because third-party authors have made something possible on PC does not mean that ZOS MUST do the same for consoles. Console players CHOSE to play on console, in the full knowledge that they would not have access to the same customization options as PC players. DEAL WITH IT.

Example : I played (and thoroughly enjoyed) the WItcher 3 on PC. As a player that's not attracted by anything "combat", I used mods, and cheats, and everything else available, to avoid any sort of combat and just enjoy the story. (And don't come up with "story-mode, even that one was too tedious for me).
    Does that mean that CD-Project RED should have incorporated a "killall, unkillable" mode into their base game ?

Besides, (and back to ESO), I too have 10 characters that are "writ-ready". I used to do them daily on all 10 of them. Before realizing that it was a PITA and that I did not HAVE TO do them all.

The moment you realize that something you do in a video game is not fun - but you do it anyway, as far as it takes you several hours a day - is the moment when you need to plug off everything and go for a walk.

And finally, I'll add that crafting writs are not "instant" on PC. What takes times and brings boredom is not the crafting itself (even without hte addon); it's the time required for switching characters and watching at those, gorgeous but still damned, loading screens.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 11, 2019 4:49PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    KMarble wrote: »
    I play on PC but don't use addons for crafting, but I agree with @Kosbert . If you don't like doing writs, don't do them. If you want the rewards from writs, bite the bullet and do them.

One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).

The 3 days repeat themselves. I could do as many days as my inventory would hold,

My question is why is it okay for PC players to be able to insta-complete writs but not anyone else?

I will remind you that I do daily writs on 15 characters, spending the better part of a day doing it. I am not lazy. I am not a WOW refuge who wants everything handed to them.

I just want this game to be fun, and everyone seems perfectly happy with PC players able to insta-turn thiese in, but apparently I'm the entitled one.

Don't do them. Simple. If the game starts to feel like a job to you, stop playing. Simple. It is all right to play other games or not to certain things in this game. I don't PvP. At all. I only do writs on one or 2 toons a day. Life goes on.

I'm just going to ignore posts like this from further on, since it doesn't provide any constructive points to argue against.

Maybe tell us what makes you feel like you need to do them on 15 toons? Then maybe we might have something more to contribute then just saying, don't do them if they feel like work to you?

I need money and vouchers and its one of the better ways to get it, short of selling crowns or carries.

But yeah, ignore the fact that 1.its already available to PC players, and no one's complaining about it theere.

okay, so doing writ on 15 toons for a week is 473k, without selling any of the mats you get from it(which you ought to be and make almost double that). what are you doing in this game were you need a half a million in gold every week? even if you did vet trails every other day, not counting the at least ~12k you get from them, spell power pots are around 100-200 on the pc per, if you straight up by them, now lets take the high end, since you are console, let's make it 250 in fact, that would be 50k per stack. pots last for 45 seconds, a stack of 200 will last for 150 minutes, or 2 hours and 10 minutes. so if you would need to run a vet trial for a little over 2 hours straight every night to use up all the money you would get from running your writs for those 7 days. now i doubt you do this. so i ask again, what are you needing all that money for? also there are easier ways to get money that have you playing the game, like farming motifs, so if you didn't want to run wirts all day, you could be doing that.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I don't do writs on all characters outside of the anniversary event, and despite being on PC, I don't use add-ons to complete them.

Here's a trick though: If you know the three day cycle, you also know the 6 day cycle as well. Once a week, do the dailies, and then craft for the next two cycles. (This is easier now with native multicraft.) So now your 3 day chore is a weekly one. And that will fill a little less tedious.

So I only hate the game for 1 day out of the week instead of 2? Well, its a start, but still not as good as that Lazy Writ Crafter addon.

I'm going to have to argue with you that, along with multicraft, pre-crafting is less tedious. With lazzywritcrafter you still run around to every station 15 times a day. Precrafted, after your weekly chore, you are just logging in, grabbing the boards in Mournhold or Vivec and dropping off. It's marginally more tedious than horse training, with the load screens being the worse part. Depending on space, open up your containers once a week as well.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).

The 3 days repeat themselves. I could do as many days as my inventory would hold,

Still confusing.
    On PC Crafting Writs are a Quest Journal entry, not an inventory item, u can only have 1 active.
    So, as KMarble said, u can have 1 active from a previous day. And after completing it doing the one from the current day.
    Unless u meant dealing with crafting writ rewards, those are inventory items and stack.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »
    So many people acting like the OP is asking for an easy way to get rewards for free, when the OP only wants the basic QOL we PC players have with addons like the Lazy Writ Crafter!

Seriously, on PC, I run up to the blacksmithing station, click my writ button, and three seconds later the Lazy Writ Crafter finished my writ and I'm off to the next station. No having to craft a greatsword, and shield. No double checking that I'm not set to CP 160 gear instead of CP 150. No forgetting what I have to craft.

PC players have the option for no fuss, super easy, super quick daily writs.

Is this some "PC Master Race" thing I didnt subscribe to?

Can we get rid of the tedium of daily crafting writs?

That is his title, he simply backpaddled later with "can we please also have addons". Also it is not ZOS Job to make Addons available on Consoles. It is limited to the Console side. Nobody cares if someone gets a QoL Feature on Console, if it does not touches the PC Side negative.
    Also QoL includes often a softening of the Core Game. And we have to fight this kind of QoL Generation that already is marauding through many other games. Especially since ESO already got a perfect balance between the Casual and Tryhard Community. And we have to preserve that balance, or we will end like WoW Retail, where you are logging in 15 Minutes a day and you are done with your daily MMORPG Experience.

Without adddons to make it easier, certain crafting writs ARE pretty tedious, and I say this as a PC player.

The Devs are fine with PC players having less tedious crafting writs via add-ons. The only thing preventing Console players from getting the same thing is whether or not ZOS wants to make it a base game benefit - and that's an argument about practicality/time &effort, not whether or not they think its a good thing, since they've already allowed it on PC.

Your battle in ESO against the "softening of the core game" and the "QOL generation" is already lost on PC. So you might care about the purity of tedious crafting writs, but the Devs don't.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In theory, nothing. But the problem here is the tone. Just because third-party authors have made something possible on PC does not mean that ZOS MUST do the same for consoles. Console players CHOSE to play on console, in the full knowledge that they would not have access to the same customization options as PC players. DEAL WITH IT.

Example : I played (and thoroughly enjoyed) the WItcher 3 on PC. As a player that's not attracted by anything "combat", I used mods, and cheats, and everything else available, to avoid any sort of combat and just enjoy the story. (And don't come up with "story-mode, even that one was too tedious for me).
    Does that mean that CD-Project RED should have incorporated a "killall, unkillable" mode into their base game ?

Besides, (and back to ESO), I too have 10 characters that are "writ-ready". I used to do them daily on all 10 of them. Before realizing that it was a PITA and that I did not HAVE TO do them all.

The moment you realize that something you do in a video game is not fun - but you do it anyway, as far as it takes you several hours a day - is the moment when you need to plug off everything and go for a walk.

And finally, I'll add that crafting writs are not "instant" on PC. What takes times and brings boredom is not the crafting itself (even without hte addon); it's the time required for switching characters and watching at those, gorgeous but still damned, loading screens.

I had a feeling this kerfuffle was largely a tone argument.

How dare a console player point out that PC players have a higher QOL due to add-ons and ask for a similar tool for writs on Consoles?

Given the response in this thread from PC players, I can say that I now have a greater appreciation for why console players have been so desperate for some of the Devs to play on console and to get more console-playing reps.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still confusing.
    On PC Crafting Writs are a Quest Journal entry, not an inventory item, u can only have 1 active.
    So, as KMarble said, u can have 1 active from a previous day. And after completing it doing the one from the current day.
    Unless u meant dealing with crafting writ rewards, those are inventory items and stack.

The OP means that since the required items repeat every 3 days, if you know what items are required, you can craft for multiple days worth of writs at a time. The OP does 3 days at a time, while someone else on the thread does 6 days, but you can do as many days worth as your inventory can hold.

On PC, because I have Lazy Writ Crafter, I do one day at a time for the ones that require crafting specific articles because the add-on crafts it for me. I don't every have to remember requirements - the add-on handles it as long as I have mats. I make bigger amounts of consumables because those are easy to make.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still confusing.

You can pre-craft the writs that you'll get in upcoming days. They follow a 3 day pattern (except for alchemy, which is 8) at maximum level. So you have the items for tomorrow's writs sitting in your inventory. Thus, you just have to pick up the quest, and turn in. No crafting to do.
    Edited by tmbrinks on September 11, 2019 7:19PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! Remember, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add to that, assuming you are doing all 7 crafts, a 3 day cycle has 37 non-stacking items, plus 6 slots for provisioning (stackable) and 4 or 8 for alchemy (also stackable). So while 3 days at a time is manageable, 7 days has a pretty large impact on your inventory, and 14 pretty much requires that the character carry nothing else at all. I precraft 3 days at a time, on PC, no crafting addons.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even before I started using Lazy Writ Crafter, I considered the loading screens the most annoying part of doing writs on 6 characters.

I did writs on those 6 characters nearly every day for, jeez, three years or more? Earlier this year, I just stopped. Best decision I ever made in this game.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Allowing white quality, traitless armor to stack would completely eliminate the tedium. Then, like consumables, one could craft whole stacks of writ armor.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody makes anyone do crafting writs, if they annoy you so much, stop doing them.

I only do them on weekends and currently it is the only reason I log on to my main account.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare a console player point out that PC players have a higher QOL due to add-ons and ask for a similar tool for writs on Consoles?

Long, endless debate.
    My opinion is that console players CHOSE to play on console, and should live with the consequences (which they knew while making their choice).
    That being said, I wouldn't mind if addons were available on consoles, and even wish they were.

But expecting from ZOS to incorporate all addons into the base game ? That's a NO-NO. Some addons go obviously AGAINST the game's design. They're 3rd party and should remain so. Player choice, yes, ZOS' obligation : no.

• SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    I love doing writs. (Not sure how much it matters, but I play on console. I knew I wouldn't have add-ons, but console suits my playstyle better.) I have four characters, my main is the only one I'm currently doing serious questing/story on. I enjoyed getting the other three to the first major city, so that I could set off research, get their riding lessons, and do the writs.

It feels like I've put some genuine effort in, in order to reap some rewards. If I get recipes in a reward crate, I bank them so that my chars who don't know that recipe yet can learn it. I bank any spare gold every day, even if it's only 1k per char. My characters feel like a team. Meanwhile, my main is free to quest and progress the story to their hearts content.

I don't worry too much about whether PC players have advantages I don't. It's my choice to play console, and I enjoy it that way. And if there was an option to log in every few days and have the game recognise that I'd already got the stuff to complete three days worth of writs (as an example), and automatically give me the rewards, I wouldn't take it. For one thing, I like keeping close track of my inventory.

I might as well log in, select a quest, ask the game to calculate my chances of beating that quest given my current skills and level, and not actually do the quest. Crafting writs are a task, and sometimes they're tedious, but that's the point. You put the effort in, you get the reward.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love doing writs. (Not sure how much it matters, but I play on console. I knew I wouldn't have add-ons, but console suits my playstyle better.) I have four characters, my main is the only one I'm currently doing serious questing/story on. I enjoyed getting the other three to the first major city, so that I could set off research, get their riding lessons, and do the writs.

It feels like I've put some genuine effort in, in order to reap some rewards. If I get recipes in a reward crate, I bank them so that my chars who don't know that recipe yet can learn it. I bank any spare gold every day, even if it's only 1k per char. My characters feel like a team. Meanwhile, my main is free to quest and progress the story to their hearts content.

I don't worry too much about whether PC players have advantages I don't. It's my choice to play console, and I enjoy it that way. And if there was an option to log in every few days and have the game recognise that I'd already got the stuff to complete three days worth of writs (as an example), and automatically give me the rewards, I wouldn't take it. For one thing, I like keeping close track of my inventory.

I might as well log in, select a quest, ask the game to calculate my chances of beating that quest given my current skills and level, and not actually do the quest. Crafting writs are a task, and sometimes they're tedious, but that's the point. You put the effort in, you get the reward.

I don't consider crafting to be playing the game and I don't consider making it easier to be taking away from any positive part of the game.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    That's where we differ then. I do consider crafting to be part of the game, because it is part of the game.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't consider crafting to be playing the game and I don't consider making it easier to be taking away from any positive part of the game.

Then don't do the writs. Probem solved.

Why anyone would spend hours everyday doing something in a game that they don't consider fun / part of the game is beyond me. Just DON'T DO THE DAMNED WRITS !!!
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's where we differ then. I do consider crafting to be part of the game, because it is part of the game.

It is part of the game, but it is not playing the game. You're interacting with a menu to create something to be thrown away for a reward. In essence its a slot machine of my time that has a pretty good yield of rewards.

I can't get better at crafting. I can't craft faster, or craft better daily items to turn in. I can only sit and stair at the screen, scrolling through the various items to craft.

I can't even talk to my guildies via text chat, as that and all notifications are blocked out while in the crafting screen.

So while you may consider it a part of the game, and even an enjoyable one, I see it only as a blocking out of the actual game, with few redeeming qualities.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I hit post when I meant to hit return. My point is, for me, crafting is part of playing the game. I'm not even half the way through the main story yet, and I'm putting a lot of my skill points into crafting passives rather than combat abilities. Which may seem stupid or weird to players who are more about combat, but makes sense for me, because it fits my playstyle.

it's fine that you don't consider crafting to be playing the game, but that's you. I (and tons of other people) do consider it a positive part of the game, and will prioritise it over combat. One of our advantages is that we may actually enjoy putting the effort into writs. You, presumably, will have the advantage of kicking my arse in PvP.

Hence: MMORPG.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    It is part of the game, but it is not playing the game. You're interacting with a menu to create something to be thrown away for a reward. In essence its a slot machine of my time that has a pretty good yield of rewards.

I can't get better at crafting. I can't craft faster, or craft better daily items to turn in. I can only sit and stair at the screen, scrolling through the various items to craft.

I can't even talk to my guildies via text chat, as that and all notifications are blocked out while in the crafting screen.

So while you may consider it a part of the game, and even an enjoyable one, I see it only as a blocking out of the actual game, with few redeeming qualities.

And that's fine for you. But for those of us who enjoy putting the effort in to doing crafting writs, it's a different perspective. (I'm not saying that there aren't people who are equally into crafting and combat btw, because I know there are). The thing is, you seem to be asking for the rewards of crafting writs without putting in the effort, because you prioritise combat. I don't ask for combat to be easier for me because I prioritise crafting.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To the first, its part of playing the game.

But to the second, the Devs don't consider making it easier to be taking away any positive part of the game...on PC, using add-ons.

So it seems logical that the ESO Devs would have no objection to making it easier on Console as well, save that they'd have to do the work as opposed to pushing it off onto addon developers. A practical objection, perhaps, but not a philosophical one.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And that's fine for you. But for those of us who enjoy putting the effort in to doing crafting writs, it's a different perspective. (I'm not saying that there aren't people who are equally into crafting and combat btw, because I know there are). The thing is, you seem to be asking for the rewards of crafting writs without putting in the effort, because you prioritise combat. I don't ask for combat to be easier for me because I prioritise crafting.

I'm asking for the rewards for what other players (PC users) are putting in effort to do. ZOS doesn't consider this gamebreaking, why do you?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Valid points.
    Crafting is part of the game, but there's no strategy and no merit in it.
    Doesn't prevent many people from enjoying it. If you don't, fair enough, but just don't do the writs.
    You can't require game designers to adjust to your own personal preferences. You have to adapt to the design as it is. Which means, in your case, to not do the writs.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    PC gets an add-on that let's them pick up the writ and just immediately turn it in.

Nope. Addons on PC do 2 things :
    1/ show what the writ requires once at the crafting station
    2/ automatically craft what's required ONCE AT THE CRAFTING STATION

It's not like we pick up the writ quest and whhooops it's done. We still have to walk to the station, have sufficient space in inventory, have the materials, etc...

Yes we can craft in advance to haveth stuff ready for he quest - but so can you, that has nothing to do with addons.

Addons are helpful but they don't do EVERYTHING.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 11, 2019 11:28PM
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    I'm asking for the rewards for what other players (PC users) are putting in effort to do. ZOS doesn't consider this gamebreaking, why do you?

Before we go any further, I never said that I do or don't consider anything gamebreaking. For another thing, noob as I am and never having seriously gamed on PC (unless you count Ibix the Viking), I will happily say that I don't consider this to be gamebreaking. This is so not gamebreaking. Everyone plays on a server, right? And every server has an economy.

To put it in the most extreme terms, suppose someone can be bothered to play for ten hours a day, collecting rare mats, so they can sell them on a guild store. Well good for them. And suppose someone isn't interested in crafting at all, but needs awesome gear? Well they'll go buy it.

There's nothing wrong with either of those approaches, they're just different. And whatever platform/server you're on, the economy's reasonably stable, and it's self-contained. So why worry if it's easier for PCers to complete writs?
This discussion has been closed.