Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

Can we get rid of the tedium of daily crafting writs?

  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I'm asking for the rewards for what other players (PC users) are putting in effort to do. ZOS doesn't consider this gamebreaking, why do you?

    Before we go any further, I never said that I do or don't consider anything gamebreaking. For another thing, noob as I am and never having seriously gamed on PC (unless you count Ibix the Viking), I will happily say that I don't consider this to be gamebreaking. This is so not gamebreaking. Everyone plays on a server, right? And every server has an economy.

    To put it in the most extreme terms, suppose someone can be bothered to play for ten hours a day, collecting rare mats, so they can sell them on a guild store. Well good for them. And suppose someone isn't interested in crafting at all, but needs awesome gear? Well they'll go buy it.

    There's nothing wrong with either of those approaches, they're just different. And whatever platform/server you're on, the economy's reasonably stable, and it's self-contained. So why worry if it's easier for PCers to complete writs?

    Because presumably the OP would like their own writs to be as easy as they are on PC...

    I mean, we see plenty of requests like this from Console users. Multicraft was a big one that ZOS actually implemented as a base game improvement. Better guild management tools are getting the most focus right now. DPS Meters or ESO Logs is another common request.

    Ultimately, ZOS will do it, or they won't, or they'll take it under advisement and roll it out years later. There's no harm in asking.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 11, 2019 10:59PM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I'm asking for the rewards for what other players (PC users) are putting in effort to do. ZOS doesn't consider this gamebreaking, why do you?

    Before we go any further, I never said that I do or don't consider anything gamebreaking. For another thing, noob as I am and never having seriously gamed on PC (unless you count Ibix the Viking), I will happily say that I don't consider this to be gamebreaking. This is so not gamebreaking. Everyone plays on a server, right? And every server has an economy.

    To put it in the most extreme terms, suppose someone can be bothered to play for ten hours a day, collecting rare mats, so they can sell them on a guild store. Well good for them. And suppose someone isn't interested in crafting at all, but needs awesome gear? Well they'll go buy it.

    There's nothing wrong with either of those approaches, they're just different. And whatever platform/server you're on, the economy's reasonably stable, and it's self-contained. So why worry if it's easier for PCers to complete writs?

    Because presumably the OP would like their own writs to be as easy as they are on PC...

    I mean, we see plenty of requests like this from Console users. Multicraft was a big one that ZOS actually implemented as a base game improvement. Better guild management tools are getting the most focus right now. DPS Meters or ESO Logs is another common request.

    Ultimately, ZOS will do it, or they won't, or they'll take it under advisement and roll it out years later. There's no harm in asking.

    No harm in asking... however the tone of how it was asked... being combative, dismissive, is not going to bode well.

    I'm sorry I wasn't as submissive as you like.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6-7 hours? What are you doing exactly that takes so long? I've been doing daily writs with 8 characters for a while and it takes about 5 min's per character to complete all 7 writs. It took even less time, like 3-4 mins per, when I had the craft bag and didn't have to waste time selling half the junk to a vendor. Also, I'm on PC and don't use any crafting add-ons so I highly doubt that's the issue here.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I'm asking for the rewards for what other players (PC users) are putting in effort to do. ZOS doesn't consider this gamebreaking, why do you?

    Before we go any further, I never said that I do or don't consider anything gamebreaking. For another thing, noob as I am and never having seriously gamed on PC (unless you count Ibix the Viking), I will happily say that I don't consider this to be gamebreaking. This is so not gamebreaking. Everyone plays on a server, right? And every server has an economy.

    To put it in the most extreme terms, suppose someone can be bothered to play for ten hours a day, collecting rare mats, so they can sell them on a guild store. Well good for them. And suppose someone isn't interested in crafting at all, but needs awesome gear? Well they'll go buy it.

    There's nothing wrong with either of those approaches, they're just different. And whatever platform/server you're on, the economy's reasonably stable, and it's self-contained. So why worry if it's easier for PCers to complete writs?

    Because presumably the OP would like their own writs to be as easy as they are on PC...

    I mean, we see plenty of requests like this from Console users. Multicraft was a big one that ZOS actually implemented as a base game improvement. Better guild management tools are getting the most focus right now. DPS Meters or ESO Logs is another common request.

    Ultimately, ZOS will do it, or they won't, or they'll take it under advisement and roll it out years later. There's no harm in asking.

    No harm in asking... however the tone of how it was asked... being combative, dismissive, is not going to bode well.

    Well, it certainly didn't help that many of the early posters decided to be combative and dismissive right back, did it?

    The request seemed pretty reasonable to me, since I generally assume that if someone spent their own time coding an addon for PC to address a QOL issue, its probably also a QOL issue for at least some players on Console as well - except their only recourse is to ask ZOS. So why not ask?

    Plus, I personally find certain writs tedious and therefore use Lazy Writ Crafter! So I'd be happy if more players had that option, since I benefit from it. I'd even get to run less add-ons/add-on libraries, if it became base game.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    6-7 hours? What are you doing exactly that takes so long? I've been doing daily writs with 8 characters for a while and it takes about 5 min's per character to complete all 7 writs. It took even less time, like 3-4 mins per, when I had the craft bag and didn't have to waste time selling half the junk to a vendor. Also, I'm on PC and don't use any crafting add-ons so I highly doubt that's the issue here.

    Thanks! It doesn't take long. 6 mins per character seems about right, once you know what you're doing, including logging in and out. And if you've got plenty of provisioning mats and have prepared the recipes (I don't, but some people do) you don't even have to find a cooking fire. If you have 15 characters, then 15 x 6 = 90. An hour and a half.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok.

    I have a main and four other characters (they all craft). Today it took mere minutes to log in, do writs, turn in, relish loot and rewards, on each. Combined it was likely 20-30 min? And while I don't dally, I was hardly racing the clock. What is taking so long for ya? Cause 6-7 hours?? How? Are you using a 'smart' layout city like Vivec or Alinor?

    Also, I don't use any add ons. I find crafting kinda zen and chill.

    As for add ons for console, none of us can help there. I am hoping you get the add-ons mate, but until then, if crafting makes you miserable, maybe find a new revenue stream.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Another one ignoring that I'm only asking for whats already on PC. Thanks.

    The thing is: it is not already on PC. That's the flaw in your argument IMO.
    Vanilla ESO hast the same functionalities and features on PC as it has on console. The feature you're asking for comes from a third party that created a tool which interacts with the game and ZOS has decided to allow this interaction for the time being. If the same thing was possible for consoles, they would certainly allow that too but unfortunately it's not.
    The existence of AddOns is admittedly a huge advantage of playing on PC. So is the existence of a keyboard for easy chatting, the ability to install better hardware in order to boost your frame rate or the ability to surf the internet on your second monitor while playing ESO.

    While all of that is great, it does not preclude the devs improving the console version. They've done it with trader searching. They've done it with Multi-crafting.

    PC is not some sacred land that must be kept separate from filthy console peasants.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC is not some sacred land that must be kept separate from filthy console peasants.

    You're right, PC IS no sacred land that must be kept separate. Like I already pointed out, ESO on PC is exactly the same as ESO on console. The devs are improving the game, not versions of it. Search function and multi crafting have been implemeted on all platforms including PC (making some AddOn's more or less redundant).
    You, however, keep asking for improvements exclusively for *your* platform as if consoles are something special. Fixing elementary technical differences between platforms is not ZOS's job. Following your logic, console players could demand ANY existing AddOn to be implemented into the game, just because it does exist.
    Edited by thorwyn on September 12, 2019 4:33AM
    Some say a comet willl fall from the sky
    Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
    Followed by fault lines that can not sit still
    Followed by millions of dumbfoundet ***
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Every 3 days I am extremely envious of my PC counterparts as I have to do 3 days worth of writs for 15 characters, which takes me around 6-7 hours and makes me want to not play this game ever again.

    Luckily I get the urge to play again the following day but it'd be great to make these a tad bit more automated. Multicrafting helps a tiny bit but for 90% of it its still the same

    Classical "I dont wanna put effort into something but I want the full reward". Enjoy WoW Classic, dear WoW Refugee!

    Agreed. We should just get free crafting stuff for just logging in.

    And we do, from our hirelings.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    It is part of the game, but it is not playing the game. You're interacting with a menu to create something to be thrown away for a reward. In essence its a slot machine of my time that has a pretty good yield of rewards.
    I think that when you write "crafting" you really mean "doing daily crafting writs", but that's only an aspect of crafting in ESO.
    I can't get better at crafting. I can't craft faster, or craft better daily items to turn in. I can only sit and stair at the screen, scrolling through the various items to craft.

    It's true that you can't get better at crafting, but you character does, raising the relevant skills levels at the very least, and actually crafts better daily items to turn in when maxed out than when you begin doing writs.
    I can't even talk to my guildies via text chat, as that and all notifications are blocked out while in the crafting screen.

    So while you may consider it a part of the game, and even an enjoyable one, I see it only as a blocking out of the actual game, with few redeeming qualities.

    Crafting writs aren't self sustaining activities (maybe the alchemy ones?) so even limiting yourself to that, crafting ties to the rest of the game via gathering mats, styles and traits items.
    Crafting as a whole ties with pretty much every other aspect of the game: if you get into motifs hunting (these are also relevant to complete master writs, by the way) acquiring both chapters and style items requires you to do anything from pickpocketing to dungeons and raids; the same goes if you start collecting furnishing plans and recipes, both for the plans themselves and for the materials required to craft furnitures, that you can then trade from money or use yourself if you're into housing.

    Daily writs are a chore by design, I think, and while I would welcome some QoL changes (like stacking same quality gears, at least until they're equipped for the first time) I also think that those addOns that automate the process are tolerated by ZOS but not really approved, in the sense that they'd ever incorporate them in the base game.

    For the record, my main is a crafter, I do writs semi regularly with him and a couple of other characters (right now I spend my evenings in IC, so I skip them) and I don't use tha Lazy Writs addOn
    PC EU

    Khajiit has no time for you
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran them on daily basis because rewards are worth the little time spent. Yes little time, even without addons: 5 minutes per char. Console player here with 9 chars. My only complaint is loading times: logging in and out consumes a lot of time.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1200+ CP
  • sulima
    sulima
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting very much needs a re-work from our game designers

    1. Make daily writs account bound, increase surveys, gold mats, writs accordingly. One a day that's all everyone really needs!
    2. No more hording gold mats, writs and surveys. You either sell what you have within x amount of time or it becomes account bound! This will provide game makers a workable baseline to adjust supply and demand with. Casual players would finally see enjoyable results when refining materials.
    3. Deconstruction... this one particularly bugs me, I can understand loosing a gold temper when I deconstruct a sword, but loosing all eighth with a possibility of recuperating 1? Resources are a finite thing, last I checked anyways, smarten up DEVS! Promote the 3Rs, make a skill tree if you have to, promote this philosophy!
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never do them, so problem solved :)

    PS, did them once and they gave something horrible called crafting surveys I needed to go out of the game and search them, no thanks....
    Xbox EU - EP

    MagDK - PVP Single target Rock Star
    StamDen - PVP AoE Rock Star
    Templar Heal - PVP never dies
    StamNecro - PVE Tank and Dizzy Swing Unslaught PVP
    StamSorc - Negate
    Magblade - is AD so only PVE DD
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sulima wrote: »
    Crafting very much needs a re-work from our game designers

    1. Make daily writs account bound, increase surveys, gold mats, writs accordingly. One a day that's all everyone really needs!
    2. No more hording gold mats, writs and surveys. You either sell what you have within x amount of time or it becomes account bound! This will provide game makers a workable baseline to adjust supply and demand with. Casual players would finally see enjoyable results when refining materials.
    3. Deconstruction... this one particularly bugs me, I can understand loosing a gold temper when I deconstruct a sword, but loosing all eighth with a possibility of recuperating 1? Resources are a finite thing, last I checked anyways, smarten up DEVS! Promote the 3Rs, make a skill tree if you have to, promote this philosophy!

    What? That's quite the derail. You sure you don't want to move your idea to its own thread? This really deserves its own thread, since your ideas arent much in line with the OP's except in the general sense that they are both about crafting improvements.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).

    It's not what the OP meant, but it is possible-ish. Do what you said, but time it right up against the time the writs turn over.

    Day one - pick up writs, don't do them.
    Day two (just a wee bit before the writ turn over) - do day one's writs, pick up and do day two's writs
    Writs turn over.
    Pick up and do day three's writs.

    Kinda cheese answer, since it's about timing, but you can do 3 days of writs in one toon login. Good luck if you do them on a bunch of toons.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Every 3 days I am extremely envious of my PC counterparts as I have to do 3 days worth of writs for 15 characters

    This is why games that let players have too many alts get into trouble. If enough people alt-farm then they have to start balancing around those numbers and those who can't/won't start to fall behind the curve.

    This is also why class change / multi-classing is a really good idea. FFXIV has a great structure that doesn't require any alts at all and you can still experience everything in the game.
  • sulima
    sulima
    ✭✭✭
    sulima wrote: »
    Crafting very much needs a re-work from our game designers

    1. Make daily writs account bound, increase surveys, gold mats, writs accordingly. One a day that's all everyone really needs!
    2. No more hording gold mats, writs and surveys. You either sell what you have within x amount of time or it becomes account bound! This will provide game makers a workable baseline to adjust supply and demand with. Casual players would finally see enjoyable results when refining materials.
    3. Deconstruction... this one particularly bugs me, I can understand loosing a gold temper when I deconstruct a sword, but loosing all eighth with a possibility of recuperating 1? Resources are a finite thing, last I checked anyways, smarten up DEVS! Promote the 3Rs, make a skill tree if you have to, promote this philosophy!

    What? That's quite the derail. You sure you don't want to move your idea to its own thread? This really deserves its own thread, since your ideas arent much in line with the OP's except in the general sense that they are both about crafting improvements.

    I don't think it is, writs should be 1 a day across your account.

    Many times I see posters that pride themselves making over 100K a day with 16 characters by doing daily writs. OP is voicing his frustration that this is a repetitive and tedium thing to do, but has to do them to keep up...

    Frankly I class it close to a game exploit. Having writs account bound to one a day would allow casual player to see larger rewards for doing them.

    No one playing casually would even consider doing such a task 16 times. It also inflates auction prices and leaves the gold mat market controlled by the few.

    I still hold by my three points as something that would greatly tilt the balance towards casual players base.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sulima wrote: »
    sulima wrote: »
    Crafting very much needs a re-work from our game designers

    1. Make daily writs account bound, increase surveys, gold mats, writs accordingly. One a day that's all everyone really needs!
    2. No more hording gold mats, writs and surveys. You either sell what you have within x amount of time or it becomes account bound! This will provide game makers a workable baseline to adjust supply and demand with. Casual players would finally see enjoyable results when refining materials.
    3. Deconstruction... this one particularly bugs me, I can understand loosing a gold temper when I deconstruct a sword, but loosing all eighth with a possibility of recuperating 1? Resources are a finite thing, last I checked anyways, smarten up DEVS! Promote the 3Rs, make a skill tree if you have to, promote this philosophy!

    What? That's quite the derail. You sure you don't want to move your idea to its own thread? This really deserves its own thread, since your ideas arent much in line with the OP's except in the general sense that they are both about crafting improvements.

    I don't think it is, writs should be 1 a day across your account.

    Many times I see posters that pride themselves making over 100K a day with 16 characters by doing daily writs. OP is voicing his frustration that this is a repetitive and tedium thing to do, but has to do them to keep up...

    Frankly I class it close to a game exploit. Having writs account bound to one a day would allow casual player to see larger rewards for doing them.

    No one playing casually would even consider doing such a task 16 times. It also inflates auction prices and leaves the gold mat market controlled by the few.

    I still hold by my three points as something that would greatly tilt the balance towards casual players base.

    Its not an exploit. Its how the game ia intentionally designed.

    Let's break down your points.

    1. ZOS is perfectly happy to let people do as many writs as they have level 6 characters. See the Anniversary Event for proof. Also your needs =/= everyone else, and you offer no convincing reason for why this benefits anyone that I can see, when your suggestion takes away options from other players.

    2. Its an MMO, grinding is part of the game style. Casual Players, once they get their crafting up to maxed refining passives, have the same drop rate for gold tempers as everyone else.
    Also, locking stored materials after a set time that would rather defeat the purpose of the Crafting Bag, ZOS' big reason for people to subscribe. Not gonna happen without a fantastic reason for ZOS to give up profits. Also, can you imagine the server effort required to lock every single survey mat, say, 5 days after it was plucked from the ground and stored or inprovement mat was refined? That's not even that practical.

    3. Try deconstructing that gold sword without your passives in place or on a lower level character, and see what you get.
    Or don't. Why are you deconstructing items you improved to legendary in the first place? I'm sure you have your reasons, but Advice: always hang on to that stuff. It might be meta again in the future if it was good enough for you to gold it out now.

    Finally,
    Important part of any new idea: If your idea is going to take away functionality from the game and other players, you'd better be prepared to answer why your idea actually provides more benefits to the game as a whole, to players, and to ZOS, if you want to have a hope of it getting off the ground.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    KMarble wrote: »
    I play on PC but don't use addons for crafting, but I agree with @Kosbert . If you don't like doing writs, don't do them. If you want the rewards from writs, bite the bullet and do them.

    One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).

    The 3 days repeat themselves. I could do as many days as my inventory would hold,

    My question is why is it okay for PC players to be able to insta-complete writs but not anyone else?

    I will remind you that I do daily writs on 15 characters, spending the better part of a day doing it. I am not lazy. I am not a WOW refuge who wants everything handed to them.

    I just want this game to be fun, and everyone seems perfectly happy with PC players able to insta-turn thiese in, but apparently I'm the entitled one.

    Don't do them. Simple. If the game starts to feel like a job to you, stop playing. Simple. It is all right to play other games or not to certain things in this game. I don't PvP. At all. I only do writs on one or 2 toons a day. Life goes on.

    I'm just going to ignore posts like this from further on, since it doesn't provide any constructive points to argue against.

    I'm going to second what others have said.

    if you don't feel the reward is worth the effort, don't do them.

    if you feel it is, you will do them

    It's basic economics. YOU get to decide if they are worthwhile for the time YOU spend, nobody else can make that determination.

    I can guarantee that I wouldn't do as many as I currently do on PC without the aid of add-ons to help me. There are even days I skip doing writs because there are other things I'd rather do (either in-game or in real life).

    Making that decision is called being an adult. You're not lazy for not wanting to do them. I applaud you for making them as manageable as possible. But what do you expect us to do?

    However, your decision to immediately dismiss anybody's claims who go against yours is very childlike, and will certainly not garner you any sympathy.

    Another one ignoring that I'm only asking for whats already on PC. Thanks.

    It is not ZOS's Job to get you Addons because you choose to play Console. Your argument is invalid, sorry. But because you choose to play on Console, everyone else has to suffer.

    It is there job to provide a fully functional game since they want me to pay for ESO+ on an ongoing basis.

    Any "required addon" should be part of the game functionality. The fact the addon is "required" for PC users shows that the game is lacking a major area. Deciding to go into the console is deciding to support those on the console.

    They may not do it, but they still should.

    It is not entitlement, it is wanting to have a fully functional game, one that has been already shown to be achievable (in at least one area) on other platforms.

    No one is asking for things to be just dumped in our accounts, we just want it to work with the same ease as the PC. They knew addons were not available on consoles, so the responsibility lies in their court.

    Using insults against those who ask for an equal playing field does not show maturity.
    PS4
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The OP's point is that he's on console, as am I, and writs are a PITA to do. PC gets an add-on that let's them pick up the writ and just immediately turn it in. Boom - done, on as many characters as they want. On console, however, if we want to do as many writs as PC players do, it takes us far longer to do them. The consumables, at least stack - well, only pots and food do - glyphs do not. So, we can pre-craft glyphs and the gear items, but only as many as our characters' inventories allow.

    Can anyone clarify exactly how the addon works? Do you just take it from the board and things get magically made or what? I am wanting to understand this part.
    PS4
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem with Console Players getting the same options?

    In theory, nothing. But the problem here is the tone. Just because third-party authors have made something possible on PC does not mean that ZOS MUST do the same for consoles. Console players CHOSE to play on console, in the full knowledge that they would not have access to the same customization options as PC players. DEAL WITH IT.

    Example : I played (and thoroughly enjoyed) the WItcher 3 on PC. As a player that's not attracted by anything "combat", I used mods, and cheats, and everything else available, to avoid any sort of combat and just enjoy the story. (And don't come up with "story-mode, even that one was too tedious for me).
    Does that mean that CD-Project RED should have incorporated a "killall, unkillable" mode into their base game ?

    Besides, (and back to ESO), I too have 10 characters that are "writ-ready". I used to do them daily on all 10 of them. Before realizing that it was a PITA and that I did not HAVE TO do them all.

    The moment you realize that something you do in a video game is not fun - but you do it anyway, as far as it takes you several hours a day - is the moment when you need to plug off everything and go for a walk.

    And finally, I'll add that crafting writs are not "instant" on PC. What takes times and brings boredom is not the crafting itself (even without hte addon); it's the time required for switching characters and watching at those, gorgeous but still damned, loading screens.

    We get those screens too, likely even longer, with a regular lockup requiring us to force quit the app to get things running again.

    We do live with what we have, but we should not have to do so. Anything that is vital to have an addon for should be high on the list of things to add.

    Was the map additions showing lots of status information required? We all lived without it, though I am sure some addons provided similar information. They already showed they can and do add quality of life things. Complaining about those asking for specific things such as this is not appropriate. Does ZoS need you and others telling console players to lump it?
    PS4
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    KMarble wrote: »
    I play on PC but don't use addons for crafting, but I agree with @Kosbert . If you don't like doing writs, don't do them. If you want the rewards from writs, bite the bullet and do them.

    One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).

    The 3 days repeat themselves. I could do as many days as my inventory would hold,

    My question is why is it okay for PC players to be able to insta-complete writs but not anyone else?

    I will remind you that I do daily writs on 15 characters, spending the better part of a day doing it. I am not lazy. I am not a WOW refuge who wants everything handed to them.

    I just want this game to be fun, and everyone seems perfectly happy with PC players able to insta-turn thiese in, but apparently I'm the entitled one.

    Don't do them. Simple. If the game starts to feel like a job to you, stop playing. Simple. It is all right to play other games or not to certain things in this game. I don't PvP. At all. I only do writs on one or 2 toons a day. Life goes on.

    I'm just going to ignore posts like this from further on, since it doesn't provide any constructive points to argue against.

    I'm going to second what others have said.

    if you don't feel the reward is worth the effort, don't do them.

    if you feel it is, you will do them

    It's basic economics. YOU get to decide if they are worthwhile for the time YOU spend, nobody else can make that determination.

    I can guarantee that I wouldn't do as many as I currently do on PC without the aid of add-ons to help me. There are even days I skip doing writs because there are other things I'd rather do (either in-game or in real life).

    Making that decision is called being an adult. You're not lazy for not wanting to do them. I applaud you for making them as manageable as possible. But what do you expect us to do?

    However, your decision to immediately dismiss anybody's claims who go against yours is very childlike, and will certainly not garner you any sympathy.

    Another one ignoring that I'm only asking for whats already on PC. Thanks.

    It is not ZOS's Job to get you Addons because you choose to play Console. Your argument is invalid, sorry. But because you choose to play on Console, everyone else has to suffer.

    It is there job to provide a fully functional game since they want me to pay for ESO+ on an ongoing basis.

    Any "required addon" should be part of the game functionality. The fact the addon is "required" for PC users shows that the game is lacking a major area. Deciding to go into the console is deciding to support those on the console.

    They may not do it, but they still should.

    It is not entitlement, it is wanting to have a fully functional game, one that has been already shown to be achievable (in at least one area) on other platforms.

    No one is asking for things to be just dumped in our accounts, we just want it to work with the same ease as the PC. They knew addons were not available on consoles, so the responsibility lies in their court.

    Using insults against those who ask for an equal playing field does not show maturity.

    I'll admit this feels a bit nitpicky, but there's no such thing as a requirred add-on. There are addons that some PC Players feel are required for how they play, but that's not the same thing. Many PC players dont use add-ons and ESO is pretty playable without them.

    That's not to say that ZOS doesn't need to add more base game functionality, of course. A console combat parse that does even half of what ESO Logs does would surely be appreciated, along with better guild management tools.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with either of those approaches, they're just different. And whatever platform/server you're on, the economy's reasonably stable, and it's self-contained. So why worry if it's easier for PCers to complete writs?

    Asking for a feature or features is not worrying. It is asking for a feature or features!
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on September 15, 2019 7:50PM
    PS4
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The OP's point is that he's on console, as am I, and writs are a PITA to do. PC gets an add-on that let's them pick up the writ and just immediately turn it in. Boom - done, on as many characters as they want. On console, however, if we want to do as many writs as PC players do, it takes us far longer to do them. The consumables, at least stack - well, only pots and food do - glyphs do not. So, we can pre-craft glyphs and the gear items, but only as many as our characters' inventories allow.

    Can anyone clarify exactly how the addon works? Do you just take it from the board and things get magically made or what? I am wanting to understand this part.

    FlopsyPrince, this was answered later in the thread, which you may have found by now since you seem to be working your way through the thread replying as you go.

    That's not quite how the addon works. The Addon Lazy Writ Crafter lets PC Players pick up the writ assignment, then interact with each crafting station to complete the writ automatically or with the press of a button. It can also pull writ materials/items from your bank if needed.

    So I don't have to manually craft a rubedite greatsword, a cuirass, and a helmet or whatever. I just go to a blacksmithing station, press the button, and the addon crafts the assigned items for me.

    I hope that clarifies the matter.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    OP has made it very clear that they won't even listen to opinions that don't match his own. Regardless of how logical they are, even if you are in the exact same situation as they are, being on console. For some reason, people not agreeing unequivocally with him is unfathomable.

    As have you! You provide some great information in some threads, but seem to have an internal flag against asking for more than whatever we are given. Why is that? What is wrong with asking?

    What is wrong with asserting that something should be done even if it is never done? Should ZoS not take into account the limitations of consoles in its future plans?

    This comment was not about the request itself. It was HOW it was requested. It's how the OP responded to any comment that didn't seem to immediately agree with his own position.
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I'm asking for the rewards for what other players (PC users) are putting in effort to do. ZOS doesn't consider this gamebreaking, why do you?

    Before we go any further, I never said that I do or don't consider anything gamebreaking. For another thing, noob as I am and never having seriously gamed on PC (unless you count Ibix the Viking), I will happily say that I don't consider this to be gamebreaking. This is so not gamebreaking. Everyone plays on a server, right? And every server has an economy.

    To put it in the most extreme terms, suppose someone can be bothered to play for ten hours a day, collecting rare mats, so they can sell them on a guild store. Well good for them. And suppose someone isn't interested in crafting at all, but needs awesome gear? Well they'll go buy it.

    There's nothing wrong with either of those approaches, they're just different. And whatever platform/server you're on, the economy's reasonably stable, and it's self-contained. So why worry if it's easier for PCers to complete writs?

    Because presumably the OP would like their own writs to be as easy as they are on PC...

    I mean, we see plenty of requests like this from Console users. Multicraft was a big one that ZOS actually implemented as a base game improvement. Better guild management tools are getting the most focus right now. DPS Meters or ESO Logs is another common request.

    Ultimately, ZOS will do it, or they won't, or they'll take it under advisement and roll it out years later. There's no harm in asking.

    No harm in asking... however the tone of how it was asked... being combative, dismissive, is not going to bode well.

    I quote myself, for the reasoning of that statement. Again I was referring to HOW the request was made and handled, not WHAT was being requested. There is an enormous difference between those.

    I also take some umbrage at the insistence about "need". What platform you choose to play the game on is up to you. But doing some research about "add-ons" before you make that choice is prudent. Especially with ESO where the PC version was out first, so it was well known what would be available in the form of add-ons. It's akin to buying a car, then realizing after the fact it doesn't have all the features you want, and demanding that the dealer upgrade it for you, for free. Most MMOs don't even bother with console versions, because of the limitations the hardware and systems have. It's very well possible that adding in some of those features would slow down the game on consoles to the point that it becomes unplayable. However, on a PC version, because there can be a very wide range of PCs out there, the individual gamer can decide what his or her system can handle and can "adjust" the game accordingly.

    It is well known that add-ons reduce performance, run too many of them and you will see a reduction in frame rate and performance. ZoS has to make sure the game is playable for all players.

    Imagine if you asked if driving could be made easier and someone responded with "Dont drive then". It completely negates the point of the post. If you hate how I responded to that, then I'm sorry. Telling me "No" without even expanding on why is the definition of unhelpful and lazy, and I wasn't going to argue with someone who could not put the effort into their post.
This discussion has been closed.