Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    (Excuse comment but not played IC for ages)
    So ‘enemy’ players should NOT be able to get up on to the main platform just the other side of the main entrance to the sewers? The one immediately opposite the zone exit/entrance door?

So how the hell did a group of reds get up there yesterday? (Was ok as put a shout out to my lovely pvp guild & some lovely members came & trashed them 😉)

But how they up there in 1st place?

There's no direct way up to the platform where you exit your home base. Enemy players can get up there using certain skills, but they aren't supposed to be up there because it lets them camp people coming out of loading screens.

I dont know that ZOS has ever made an official statement to that effect, but I assume it works along the same lines as DKs leaping keep walls or NBs ambushing into keeps. There's no death barrier or suppression zone preventing that like there is in the districts, but its still bypassing an intended mechanic.
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I’ve kinda loved the event. If anything, the influx of traffic in the sewers has really helped me up my kite game, one of my weakest aspects of pvp. Breaking line of site, managing resources when chased, dodging/blocking only when absolutely necessary, side stepping abilities (lookin at you jabs lol) are just a few things I needed a lot of work on. But ic gives a lotta love to kiters. Lots of corners and ramps/drop downs that you can apply to open world areas like cyro and even some parts bg’s. Love it or hate it, I’m happy it’s helped me step up my pvp game and helped me learn more about my character’s capabilities and how to remain calm in stressful pvp situations where many panic and spam heals/dodge.

I still get ganked. I still get zerged down if I don’t kite correctly. I still get bagged on occasion, but hey, at least it’s less deaths than last time and each death gives me something to learn from it.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swinging back in here for another comment. Still having a blast with this event. I'm not a PVP person. AT ALL. But this event has made it fun for me. It's also allowed me to get to know my fellow guildmates (which I find kind of hard when you're a member of 5 of them) by way of having giant groups going down to hunt Molag in the sewers. It's also gotten me to the point where I'm now actively interested in sourcing gear and researching skills to use in PVP areas just so I can do more with these folks. I've been playing the game since PS4 launch and it feels like a whole new area has been "unlocked" for me, lol.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've not played mich IC. Just the odd hour or two here and there. What do people mean when they say they "banked" their tel var? Do they mean bagging them up so you can't drop them? Just wondering.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the mixing of PVP and PVE at times but when I lose currency I worked to get, naw. I am about keeping what I farmed NPCs for.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • tonemd
      tonemd
      ✭✭✭✭
      Neoealth wrote: »
      I've not played mich IC. Just the odd hour or two here and there. What do people mean when they say they "banked" their tel var? Do they mean bagging them up so you can't drop them? Just wondering.

It's currency that can be deposited in your bank. You can only loose burdens you choose to carry.
    • Deathlord92
      Deathlord92
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jeremy wrote: »
      Cadbury wrote: »
      vamp_emily wrote: »
      omg! I turned the corner and 20 EP were coming at me.

-- cloak
      -cloak
      -breath
      -mag potion
      -cloak
      -don't move
      -cloak

Then a freaking nightblade marked me... run run run dodge roll... where is the freaking stairs?!!! Run run run dodge roll!!! cloak cloak run run run..

My heart is about to explode but I got away with my 14k stones :)

Hides for a while

For real, I love moments like that.

Unfortunately those moments are reserved for Night Blades though - who can invisible at will.

For other classes, trying to escape a Zerg in Imperial City is probably not going to end well for them.
      Every class has a good escape tool mag sorc streak stam sorc mobility stamina warden mobility etc u just have to l2p on ur class. 1 detect pot nb cloak is broken or mage light aoes etc.
      Edited by Deathlord92 on September 10, 2019 6:54PM
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      DaveMoeDee wrote: »
      Just logged in for tickets. Spawned by sewer boss near DC camp. Boss was already spawned. Started fight solo until 3 other people showed up. Killed boss. Got tickets. Logged off. Quick and easy tickets.

That is great when it works. Get a few gankers there and your clever plan fails big time.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It's a nice change of pace, at least once in a while. I actually had lots of fun so far ... even though I am really sorry that I ran headlong into one of those banner guys this morning, during our spontaneous non-grouped two-char sewer cleaning event.
      Not sorry about the lost TV stones (weren't that many) but sorry that I left Mike out there fending for himself.
      Sorry, Mike!

I lost a bunch of Tel Var to one of those the other day.
      Uryel wrote: »
      Uryel wrote: »
      Sandman929 wrote: »
      Never been a fan of the dull environment, but during an event it's just taking all the zergs of Cyrodiil and stuffing them into a hallway.

Precisely. Which makes me question the point of the event itself. Trying to make up for midyear mayhem and give the PvP crowdf some easy alliance farming means ? That could be. Trying to make us PvE folks like PvP ? If so it fails miserably. A commercial strategy to make us buy tickets and skip the event entirely ? Would that even work ?

The point? Like all events, its a transparent marketing stunt for one or more aspects of the game, in this case, the entire Imperial City DLC.

A. There's been an Imperial City event for the last couple years, so no its not a replacement or a sop to PVP. Its along the same lines as the other DLC Orsinium Event and TG/DB event. Unless you think those are catering to vMA fanatics and thieves and murderers...

Its a marketing stunt. Put the tinfoil away.

B. In all their events ZOS does like to encourage players to at least try all types of content. But you are right. It fails miserably at forcing players into PvPvE because you can avoid all PVP by running the two IC DLC dungeons.

Its almost like ZOS is running a marketing stunt for the whole Imperial City DLC, which includes PVE only dungeons and a PvPvE zone. Huh. Who'da thunk it?

C. If you won't run the event and you want tickets, yep, you'll have to wait for the next event or buy them.
      If you won't do PvPvE in Imperial City OR you won't run either of the DLC's group dungeons, you are SOL.

Just like every other event, you know?
      Don't want to steal and murder? You are SOL during TG/DB.
      Hate dungeons? You are SOL during the Undaunted event.
      And so on.
      ZOS doesnt care. If you don't wanna participate in the marketing stunt, that's your choice to opt out of the rewards. You want rewards, you gotta dance to Marketing's tune.

All this would make sense IF you had not forgotten one big condition : ALL those events are intended to be a part of a year long meta-event that is supposed to reward you with mounts. Yes, there are and always have been all sorts of events for all sort of things. Which you could simply chose to skip if they had no appeal. But it'st he first time in ESO's history that all those events are part of something larger and you have to do them all to get that larger reward.

If you want to get that mount collection, you have to do them all, including the ones you have skipped in previous years because you didn't care. So in a way you're right, marketing and all that. Still, I fail to see how "forcing" (I know, you're not forced to anything, you can also chose to not get the mounts) every single event on everyone for a meta-reward that isn't related to the event itself in the slightest way is a smart commercial strategy.

You're right on the fact that you can skip IC through dungeons, though. I had discussed that point elsewhere, not here, so I might as well do it now : you can either repeat the same annoyingly long and boring dungeons every day, assuming you have enough time for that, or try a quick boss kill and have to cope with unwanted PvP.

I'm pretty sure that even people who love dungeoning would rather not repeat the same dungeon all the time. Unless they do love mindless korean-style farming, which is something I find even more mind-numbing than PvP, but to each their own. So, most people, I assume, will try and go for the quick option. Meaning that this marketing ploy will lead them to be uninterested by the product being marketed, as it's more boredom and maybe frustration than anything else. And this, all because you cannot afford to skip that many event days if you want the grand reward from the meta-event.

And that's a problem with the whole meta-event thing. I'm talking about pvP now, but I'm pretty confident that the PvP crowd finds having to do delve quests and whatnot for the tickets as much of a chore as I find IC to be one.

You didn't have to do MA in the Orsinium event. You could run a dungeon quest and get tickets. Doing the boss one was usually easy too if you could wait for a group to gather.

I did nMA once and found I despise it, but I was not forced back in.

I ironically don't mind parts of this event, but forcing me to get ganked does not make it enjoyable.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      RexyCat wrote: »
      You could have saved yourself some time by doing the same by joining any nICP or nWGT dungeon and get those tickets a bit faster. If group know what to do in normal dungeon for getting tickets, then it should just be the waiting time for AF that you have to spend time doing other stuff.

//RexyCat

I would dispute that assertion.

I will admit I have only run the Imperial City dungeon twice now, but both times took a long time (relatively) and were filled with a great many depths. I am talking of the normal mode, not the harder one. The mob pulls can easily be overwhelming and the bosses hit like trucks.

Give me a lower level dungeon any day.

This is definitely not a good alternative. Of course I am assuming the other dungeon is the same, though I don't know for sure. I am sure someone will gladly correct me.

As much as I hate waiting past gankers, that goes quicker than running the prison dungeon!

PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Bekkael
      Bekkael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't hate it, but like most events that have double drops/rewards/tickets, if I didn't have to go there for the event, I wouldn't. When this event is over, I'll probably never return.

And someone earlier in the thread mentioned it being great to go in as a NB, but I honestly don't see the point. All the "real" PVPers run with detect pots active and were just as happy to kill my cloaked NB as my non-stealthy DK main. :p
      ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I don't mind the mixing of PVP and PVE at times but when I lose currency I worked to get, naw. I am about keeping what I farmed NPCs for.

You lose Tel Var much too quickly. I would say this is a design flaw, but that goes against the grain of those who make their Tel Var this way.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • GarnetFire17
      GarnetFire17
      ✭✭✭✭
      There only 2 things pissing me off. Sorcs and their streaking BS and the 2 second freezes I keep getting which is especially enraging since its happening all the time I am in a fight now.
    • DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      DaveMoeDee wrote: »
      Just logged in for tickets. Spawned by sewer boss near DC camp. Boss was already spawned. Started fight solo until 3 other people showed up. Killed boss. Got tickets. Logged off. Quick and easy tickets.

That is great when it works. Get a few gankers there and your clever plan fails big time.

Not in my experience during this event. The gankers were there yesterday. I use a PvE tank and I will survive long enough for reinforcements if needed. Even with no Impen gear.
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that feeling well, but for me it's a question of perspective (outlook, attitude, whatever). Even if I lose half of the TV I've earned, it's still more than I started with.

Of course, if you actually withdraw TV from the bank before going in, as PvP veterans do so they can start out with a given multiplier, then you could very well end up with less than you started with.

But I always bank my TV before going in, and if I get killed then I release and go bank whatever I've earned and have left before going in again.

If I'm there for the tickets, I don't try to farm TV first; I get the tickets first, then maybe farm a little TV on the way back to base. If there are other players from my alliance-- and there usually are-- then I might run with them for a while for some protection.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • Neoealth
      Neoealth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      tonemd wrote: »

It's currency that can be deposited in your bank. You can only loose burdens you choose to carry.

Well i know what tel var is, just not sure how people were able to bank them.
    • Imryll
      Imryll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Our group wants to go back when the event-driven crowds are gone.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Typically you travel back to your home base via the sewers or Sigils of Imperial Retreat (the safer option) and then deposit the Tel Var with the banker.
    • Neoealth
      Neoealth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Typically you travel back to your home base via the sewers or Sigils of Imperial Retreat (the safer option) and then deposit the Tel Var with the banker.

Lol I was completely unaware you could do that. So it's only a banker in the base area of the sewer? Or any banker?
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I was completely unaware you could do that. So it's only a banker in the base area of the sewer? Or any banker?

Any banker will do. Just deposit it like any other currency.

Oh, I forgot one method. You can also use the Alliance War menu to queue for a different campaign, which will port you out of IC, then drop off your Tel Var at a banker.
    • Defilted
      Defilted
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have enjoyed this event.
      XBOX NA
      XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When you type R to deposit gold, you can click on the fields in the popup window and it will drop down and let you choose which type of currency you want to deposit (or withdraw)-- gold, alliance points, Tel Var stones, or master writ vouchers.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      SeaGtGruff wrote: »
      When you type R to deposit gold, you can click on the fields in the popup window and it will drop down and let you choose which type of currency you want to deposit (or withdraw)-- gold, alliance points, Tel Var stones, or master writ vouchers.

The PS4 has a similar option choice when withdrawing/depositing currency.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Gorilla
      Gorilla
      ✭✭✭
      Yes. Got some skill points, banked 50k or so tel var, bought a few hakeijo etc.

There are some tough damn builds out there though. I am decent (not great) at PVP and could ding some the high resistance builds. Takes fun out of it a bit, but maybe that's the cost of a fast sneaky build.
    • Ostonoha
      Ostonoha
      ✭✭✭
      This has been the best event in a long time imo. The lack of lag in IC has led to some of the best pvp fights. Plus some of the different terrain in each zone has been tons of fun to fight in. Def a nice change of pace from the same keep and tower fights in Cyro. Now if only we could get Cyro to run half as well as IC has more people might come back to game to pvp.
      Edited by Ostonoha on September 11, 2019 1:39AM
    • Steel_Heart777
      Steel_Heart777
      ✭✭✭
      Just popped a detect pot in sewer, 40+ blues in a corner. Laughed as half ult'd on me, then I went and made a drink. That was enough for me for tonight. PS4 NA. Btw zerg in stealth? Ok.
      • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
      • CP 2400+
      • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
      • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
      • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Just popped a detect pot in sewer, 40+ blues in a corner. Laughed as half ult'd on me, then I went and made a drink. That was enough for me for tonight. PS4 NA. Btw zerg in stealth? Ok.

They could have been waiting for a boss independent of each other, though that many is odd even for that.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • colossalvoids
      colossalvoids
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Bit puzzled why people saying someone forcing them to do pvp as they always can get tickets other ways or even not get the berry for a mount they will never use anyway. Tickets for log-in, what a mighty Tamriel heroes smh.

Personally quite into event as love zone itself, don't mind ganks or zergs as dying have like zero consequences if you're banking stones from time to time, if even care about loss.
      It's a pleasure to see this place alive at least 1-2 times a year.
    • Daedric_NB_187
      Daedric_NB_187
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dusk_Coven wrote: »
      The design for IC was always "lambs to the slaughter." Seems like the point was to lure in PvE players to get ganked by nightblades.

No risk vs reward at all. You go out and gank with 0 Tel Var, deposit in the bank, repeat. If you do get killed (unlikely) you lose nothing.

And this is why the IC is extremely bad design compared to Cyrodiil.
      Cyrodiil is about war objectives and actual PvP OBJECTIVES -- taking land, trying to win the war and becoming emperor. There's a proper context for the PvP activity and AP is the measure of it.

All the PvP activity in the Imperial City is about MUGGING PEOPLE for Tel Var.

Tel Var ultimately comes from PvE -- killing PvE monsters.
      So there are people who harvest Tel Var. And then there are people who mug other people for Tel Var. That is exclusively the PvP part of the Imperial City DLC -- mugging people for Tel Var.
      Nothing in the Imperial City furthers the Three Banners War.

Ironically, if players ONLY focussed on PvE monster-killing, they'd end up with a lot more Tel Var than trying to mug it from people. Without less fear of losing your Tel Var, you could concentrate on increasing your multiplier and killing the comparatively easy PvE monsters.
      Just like in real life, if you continually raid and destroy infrastructure you are just racing to the bottom. Instead, wealth comes from building infrastructure and civilized cooperation.
      But ZOS probably knows people are selfish and stupid and won't farm massive amounts of Tel Var that way.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks ZOS for a DLC that glorifies base criminal behaviour.

Hahahaha haha!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

PS4 NA as well. That sounds both hilarious and laggy.

I tend to stay topside if the sewers get too hot. Especially around Molag Bal.
      "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    This discussion has been closed.