Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Where in Moongrave Fane is Leave the Dragons Where They Lie? Its the last lorebook I need for the new dungeons.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I would really appreciate help in finding:

- Veloth the Pilgrim (should be in Mages Guild, Haven but i can't find it there)
    - On Voriplasms
    - The Year 2920, Vol. 25 (could be in Craglorn Bookshelves? If so, where to look other than Belkarth Observatory?)
    - Scaly Steeds of Black Marsh
    - Reman II: The Limits of Ambition
    - Umaril is Undone
    - The Distributed Soul

Thanks!
    This one likes to play.....
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    - The Year 2920, Vol. 25 (could be in Craglorn Bookshelves? If so, where to look other than Belkarth Observatory?)
    Confirmed Crag shelves. You can do a loop Observatory -> outlaws refuge -> enchanting/Alchemy top floor -> inn -> bank and you can also enter nAA and check (LOTS of) bookshelves in the camp area.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

- Veloth the Pilgrim (should be in Mages Guild, Haven but i can't find it there)
    - On Voriplasms
    - Umaril is Undone
    - The Distributed Soul

Thanks!

I know that Reman II and Scaly Steeds (and I’m 95% sure On Voriplasms) are random pulls from Murkmire shelves. I put a list of my Murkmire bookshelf run in the first Eidetic Memory thread and will link it here when I get back to my pc.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed Crag shelves. You can do a loop Observatory -> outlaws refuge -> enchanting/Alchemy top floor -> inn -> bank and you can also enter nAA and check (LOTS of) bookshelves in the camp area.

Thank you so much! I will do that.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

- On Voriplasms
    - Umaril is Undone
    - The Distributed Soul

Thanks!

I know that Reman II and Scaly Steeds (and I’m 95% sure On Voriplasms) are random pulls from Murkmire shelves. I put a list of my Murkmire bookshelf run in the first Eidetic Memory thread and will link it here when I get back to my pc.

Thanks so much! That would be awesome!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

- On Voriplasms
    - Umaril is Undone
    - The Distributed Soul

Thanks!

Thanks so much! That would be awesome!

I got my threads confused. My list of bookshelves is one page back in this thread.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I got my threads confused. My list of bookshelves is one page back in this thread.

Found it! Thanks so much!
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    It's been great book hunting! I found several books already and i now know where to find 2 others. But there is still 1 book left I need your help with guys. It's Veloth te Pilgrim (Lore and Culture) and according to UESP it should be in the mages guild of Haven, Grahtwood. I have made a lot of trips there, but still can't find it. Can anyone confirm this is the right place to look for it please? Thanks all!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been great book hunting! I found several books already and i now know where to find 2 others. But there is still 1 book left I need your help with guys. It's Veloth te Pilgrim (Lore and Culture) and according to UESP it should be in the mages guild of Haven, Grahtwood. I have made a lot of trips there, but still can't find it. Can anyone confirm this is the right place to look for it please? Thanks all!

UESP is often not accurate on the lorebook page itself. You can use the UESP Log Viewer to see where players have actually found the book. As with Shad Astula Academy Handbook, which as far as I’m aware still doesn’t have a set location at the Academy as its page on UESP suggests, Veloth the Pilgrim seems to be a random pull from a certain pool of bookshelves.

In addition to the bookshelves in Haven, where it can appear (but is not guaranteed), the log viewer gives locations for Veloth the Pilgrim throughout Grahtwood (including Elden Root - check the Mages Guild and the crafting area), as well as Deshaan (including Mournhold) and Stormhaven (including Wayrest). Delves include the Ossuary of Telacar and Reliquary Ruins (both in Grahtwood). Those are just the two I saw with the largest number of bookshelves to maximize your chances of finding it.

Unfortunately it’s a matter of finding the shelves that belong to this lorebook pool and reading each one until you hit this particular book. The shelves do reset after a certain period of time, so if you don’t find it today, check back every day or two.

Good luck!

Edited: missing word
    Edited by virtus753 on September 10, 2019 6:47PM
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    @virtus753 Thank you so much for your help! Now i'm sure i will get it (eventually). At least i now know where to look for it, thanks to you! Much appreciated!
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new patch notes include more added post-quest locations for some books, but I cannot help but notice that the Dead Water Riddle Fragment still doesn't seem to be one of them...
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's an interesting point. For that matter, neither is the unsigned Tome of the Undaunted, which is the bane of my lore-collecting experience. Unfortunately, because they're not communicating with us, we don't know why that is. Do they think they're fixed? Are they somewhere we're missing? Have they just not gotten around to them?

I'd love some indication what's going on but, sadly, it doesn't seem like that'll happen outside of the handful of fixed books we get each cycle. I'm hoping these 6 aren't the only ones we get, but...
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where The Sanguine Cult lorebook is from Handbills, Posters and Decrees? Apparently it’s near Sanguine’s Demesne in Shadowfen but I’m having real difficulty locating it.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Claw wrote: »
    Does anyone know where The Sanguine Cult lorebook is from Handbills, Posters and Decrees? Apparently it’s near Sanguine’s Demesne in Shadowfen but I’m having real difficulty locating it.

Just south of the crossroads between the Stormhold wayshrine and Xal Haj-Ei Shrine craftstation
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    And that's an interesting point. For that matter, neither is the unsigned Tome of the Undaunted, which is the bane of my lore-collecting experience. Unfortunately, because they're not communicating with us, we don't know why that is. Do they think they're fixed? Are they somewhere we're missing? Have they just not gotten around to them?

I'd love some indication what's going on but, sadly, it doesn't seem like that'll happen outside of the handful of fixed books we get each cycle. I'm hoping these 6 aren't the only ones we get, but...

That's why I was suggesting trying to draw attention of PR reps during streams to the issue.
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know how/where to get Serum Infusion Report in Summerset after the quest? I've grouped with somebody who had the quest active AND have gotten back into the building by jumping over some rocks but I can't find the book.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead Water Riddle Fragment still missing.
    Was running through there today and decided to check it out and Nope, still cant find it

Guess this will just....never.....get ......fixed...........

Edited by Katahdin on September 30, 2019 4:06PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, when prologue becomes active, run it on a character that you are NOT collecting books on first, note down all readables you encounter and check if they all ticked in Eidetic memory.

Only after you are sure it's all ok, run it on your main -- or you might regret it :)
  • Adinay
    Adinay
    Dead Water Riddle Fragment is literally the only thing I am missing :(
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BrightOblivion (and whoever else use PTS) With the Murkmire celebration going to PTS, might be a good time to point at the missing books in bug reports. If they focus on that zone, might as well take advantage of it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496654/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-3
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    Missing just a few books now.

Mysteries and Clues:
    Dead-water riddle fragment (still bugged)
    Enzamir's note
    Tombstone of Naio-Bhefeo

Hearts and Flowers:
    For my Beloved Kud-Nakal

grouping does work to let you back into the tombs of the prologue quest...was able to get tombstone of naio-bhefeo
    Edited by MiBlueEagle on October 8, 2019 6:02PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The very first (quest starter) letter is NOT included in Eidetic ATM X.X
    Can they ever learn?..
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a few books again

Hearts and Flowers:
    For my beloved Kud-Nakal

Mysteries and Clues:
    Sealed Letter
    Edited by Holger30 on December 18, 2019 4:31PM
  • eleuthera91
    eleuthera91
    ✭✭✭
    Can they ever learn?..

You mean "Letter from Kasura"? If yes t is in the Eidetic, under the name of "Sealed letter"
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they ever learn?..

You mean "Letter from Kasura"? If yes t is in the Eidetic, under the name of "Sealed letter"

If it is, it does not mark as read for me. Total books count also stays the same. So I have a reason to doubt it's the same one.
  • eleuthera91
    eleuthera91
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, I just opened the sealed letter in Mysteries and clues and it is indeed Kasura's letter quest starting...
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    My situation after Dragonhold Prologue:

Tome of the Undaunted
    Dead-water riddle fragment
    For my Beloved Kud-Nakal

• TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, trying to collect them all on console is no easy feat...
    A few books I'm still searching for, any help is appreciated:

Summerset Scrolls:
    - Pearl Research Notes, Log 3

Tales of Tamriel:
    - The Year 2920, Vol 26

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    - Introduction into Aedric Studies

The World and it's Creatures:
    - Unhallowed Legions
    Edited by TrofoHawk on October 10, 2019 12:03PM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TrofoHawk

Aicaano's Journal - In Hackdirt, the settlement south of Chorrol/Weynon Priory in Cyrodiil (follow the road straight south of Chorrol). Looks from the map to be in/near a T shaped house on the west side of the settlement.

Rayno's Scorched Journal - Cyrodiil, North of Sercen (In the map picture below)
    m1srk8g04mnc.png

From Nirn to the Aether - In the above image, it's the one on the island in that body of water.

Pearl Research Notes, Log 3 - No location after the quest for the Tor-Hame-Khard delve in Summerset.

The Year 2920, vol 26 - Check bookshelves in Craglorn

Intro to Aedric Studies/Unhallowed Legions - Bookshelves in Imperial City

Enzamir's Note - Covered this one in the most recent page of the other Eidetic Memory thread. Valley of Blades, north stairwell, right of the first landing up from the valley floor. During the quest, use the two grapple posts. After the quest, find the rock formation pictured there and jump.

@Mirumorg Yep. All 3 of those are listed as bugged. Tome of the Undaunted and Kud-Nakal are the banes of my personal lore-hunting existence.