Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

• itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    itscompton wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    omg! I turned the corner and 20 EP were coming at me.

-- cloak
    -cloak
    -breath
    -mag potion
    -cloak
    -don't move
    -cloak

Then a freaking nightblade marked me... run run run dodge roll... where is the freaking stairs?!!! Run run run dodge roll!!! cloak cloak run run run..

My heart is about to explode but I got away with my 14k stones :)

Hides for a while

For real, I love moments like that.

Unfortunately those moments are reserved for Night Blades though - who can invisible at will.

For other classes, trying to escape a Zerg in Imperial City is probably not going to end well for them.

I was on my Templar last night in a district and found myself suddenly surrounded by a zerg of yellows with 9k stones on me. I usually see zergs coming so I was quite surprised when every direction I turned were streets filled with AD. But I dodged rolled into popping an immovable potion, ran for the first door I saw, threw down a Ritual of Retribution to snare the pack chasing me, ran upstairs, turned a corner jumped out a window into an empty steet, went right into another building and ran upstairs there and stealthed. A couple of people popped their head in downstairs but since I had broke line-of-sight they didn't know I was really in the building so didn't fully check it out and I was able to use a retreat sigil to get back to the base with all my tel var.

I said probably not going to end well for them.

If you are the exception to this rule I can't really debate it. I don't know you and have never seen you roll into houses and leap out windows to successfully escape dozens of people coming after your blood. I'm skeptical - and find it more likely you just got lucky in this one instance (though not to diminish the impressive amount of effort you put in). Because I've never seen a solo Templar successfully escape a large zerg in Imperial City. They just go splat (like nearly everyone else does).

But like I said - who knows. Maybe you are that good to where you can successfully and reliably evade zergs as a solo Templar in Imperial City. But you'll have to excuse me if I wait to see it before I believe it.

I actually have escaped like that a handful of times this event, just not with so many TV on me. I run with 20K stam on my Magtemp and I'm very careful with not sprinting everywhere so I have it for fights or retreats and I can run for quite a while if needed.
    Plus I know the buildings very well having spent so much time there farming rubedite when breaking down IC gear was the only way to get it. Using Immovable gives me ten seconds of not being snared, rooted, or stunned while my RoR fills hallways, stairways and even rooms with a 30% snare giving me enough time to quickly break LoS. So it then becomes a matter of running, changing levels and going in and out of different buildings to keep from being found again.
    There are only some districts this will work in of course, if a zerg shows up while I'm in the Arena or Arboretum and I don't see them well ahead of time I'm screwed. But in the districts filled with 2 story buildings with lots of entrances and exits it's totally possible.
    If you engage you're dead, if there's a zerg coming at you need to be running for the closest door with immovable up and throwing down that snare the second you realize it.
    Edited by itscompton on September 9, 2019 7:57AM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice change of pace, at least once in a while. I actually had lots of fun so far ... even though I am really sorry that I ran headlong into one of those banner guys this morning, during our spontaneous non-grouped two-char sewer cleaning event.
    Not sorry about the lost TV stones (weren't that many) but sorry that I left Mike out there fending for himself.
    Sorry, Mike!
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Ironically, if players ONLY focussed on PvE monster-killing, they'd end up with a lot more Tel Var than trying to mug it from people.

Not as true as you might think.

A PVE focused player might be killing a dozen or more mobs in the sewers, but the PVP ganker can get half of that simply by killing the PVE focused player once. Or by killing the PVP player that just killed the PVE player.

Uh, mathematically, he's right. Player kills only redistribute TV, not create it. A focus by players on pure TV collecting would yield more, overall, as people would not be distracted and wasting time chasing each other around.

This is why it is important for the PVP players to keep a few PVE sheep in the stable, right?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FatFred
    FatFred
    ✭✭✭
    When I go to imperial city, i only have 2 reasons
    1, collect skyshades
    2, purchase golden jewe
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Never been a fan of the dull environment, but during an event it's just taking all the zergs of Cyrodiil and stuffing them into a hallway.

Precisely. Which makes me question the point of the event itself. Trying to make up for midyear mayhem and give the PvP crowdf some easy alliance farming means ? That could be. Trying to make us PvE folks like PvP ? If so it fails miserably. A commercial strategy to make us buy tickets and skip the event entirely ? Would that even work ?

The point? Like all events, its a transparent marketing stunt for one or more aspects of the game, in this case, the entire Imperial City DLC.

A. There's been an Imperial City event for the last couple years, so no its not a replacement or a sop to PVP. Its along the same lines as the other DLC Orsinium Event and TG/DB event. Unless you think those are catering to vMA fanatics and thieves and murderers...

Its a marketing stunt. Put the tinfoil away.

B. In all their events ZOS does like to encourage players to at least try all types of content. But you are right. It fails miserably at forcing players into PvPvE because you can avoid all PVP by running the two IC DLC dungeons.

Its almost like ZOS is running a marketing stunt for the whole Imperial City DLC, which includes PVE only dungeons and a PvPvE zone. Huh. Who'da thunk it?

C. If you won't run the event and you want tickets, yep, you'll have to wait for the next event or buy them.
    If you won't do PvPvE in Imperial City OR you won't run either of the DLC's group dungeons, you are SOL.

Just like every other event, you know?
    Don't want to steal and murder? You are SOL during TG/DB.
    Hate dungeons? You are SOL during the Undaunted event.
    And so on.
    ZOS doesnt care. If you don't wanna participate in the marketing stunt, that's your choice to opt out of the rewards. You want rewards, you gotta dance to Marketing's tune.

All this would make sense IF you had not forgotten one big condition : ALL those events are intended to be a part of a year long meta-event that is supposed to reward you with mounts. Yes, there are and always have been all sorts of events for all sort of things. Which you could simply chose to skip if they had no appeal. But it'st he first time in ESO's history that all those events are part of something larger and you have to do them all to get that larger reward.

If you want to get that mount collection, you have to do them all, including the ones you have skipped in previous years because you didn't care. So in a way you're right, marketing and all that. Still, I fail to see how "forcing" (I know, you're not forced to anything, you can also chose to not get the mounts) every single event on everyone for a meta-reward that isn't related to the event itself in the slightest way is a smart commercial strategy.

You're right on the fact that you can skip IC through dungeons, though. I had discussed that point elsewhere, not here, so I might as well do it now : you can either repeat the same annoyingly long and boring dungeons every day, assuming you have enough time for that, or try a quick boss kill and have to cope with unwanted PvP.

I'm pretty sure that even people who love dungeoning would rather not repeat the same dungeon all the time. Unless they do love mindless korean-style farming, which is something I find even more mind-numbing than PvP, but to each their own. So, most people, I assume, will try and go for the quick option. Meaning that this marketing ploy will lead them to be uninterested by the product being marketed, as it's more boredom and maybe frustration than anything else. And this, all because you cannot afford to skip that many event days if you want the grand reward from the meta-event.

And that's a problem with the whole meta-event thing. I'm talking about pvP now, but I'm pretty confident that the PvP crowd finds having to do delve quests and whatnot for the tickets as much of a chore as I find IC to be one.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really, really enjoying the event this year! IC is very populated - all 4 campaigns have been pop locked in the evenings on our server so it’s very easy to group if you want to. It gets zergy sometimes, but mostly its been one small scale fight after the next for us. Although, I came for the PvP, I enjoyed doing the PvE too and killer Molag several times as well. Great event!
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Dlc and dead game soon.
    Devs are not intrested at all.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet..? Heck, I can't stand IC (or anything Cyrodiil) since started this game years ago. Hey, not saying it's bad (nor Cyro; except for the ever re-occurring lags and loading screens in the midst of battle.) Just me not liking it, in general.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll never forget entering IC for the first time when it was released. After playing a lot of Oblivion, I was almost emotional at what I saw in ESO.

I've always loved IC in this game and do fairly well there. And I'm not even that great of a PvPer.
  • Rykarch
    Rykarch
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I like it.

Gankers *** me off, but they represent a part of gameplay types, and for that I cannot rage, because if I want to, I can become one, too.

Managing how you take over the sewers step by step whilst joining big/smaller groups, fighting mobs, chasing players, etc etc - everything in IC is risky. You make your own choices. If you die, you die.. better just learn with your mistakes and move on.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Never been a fan of the dull environment, but during an event it's just taking all the zergs of Cyrodiil and stuffing them into a hallway.

Precisely. Which makes me question the point of the event itself. Trying to make up for midyear mayhem and give the PvP crowdf some easy alliance farming means ? That could be. Trying to make us PvE folks like PvP ? If so it fails miserably. A commercial strategy to make us buy tickets and skip the event entirely ? Would that even work ?

The point? Like all events, its a transparent marketing stunt for one or more aspects of the game, in this case, the entire Imperial City DLC.

A. There's been an Imperial City event for the last couple years, so no its not a replacement or a sop to PVP. Its along the same lines as the other DLC Orsinium Event and TG/DB event. Unless you think those are catering to vMA fanatics and thieves and murderers...

Its a marketing stunt. Put the tinfoil away.

B. In all their events ZOS does like to encourage players to at least try all types of content. But you are right. It fails miserably at forcing players into PvPvE because you can avoid all PVP by running the two IC DLC dungeons.

Its almost like ZOS is running a marketing stunt for the whole Imperial City DLC, which includes PVE only dungeons and a PvPvE zone. Huh. Who'da thunk it?

C. If you won't run the event and you want tickets, yep, you'll have to wait for the next event or buy them.
    If you won't do PvPvE in Imperial City OR you won't run either of the DLC's group dungeons, you are SOL.

Just like every other event, you know?
    Don't want to steal and murder? You are SOL during TG/DB.
    Hate dungeons? You are SOL during the Undaunted event.
    And so on.
    ZOS doesnt care. If you don't wanna participate in the marketing stunt, that's your choice to opt out of the rewards. You want rewards, you gotta dance to Marketing's tune.

All this would make sense IF you had not forgotten one big condition : ALL those events are intended to be a part of a year long meta-event that is supposed to reward you with mounts. Yes, there are and always have been all sorts of events for all sort of things. Which you could simply chose to skip if they had no appeal. But it'st he first time in ESO's history that all those events are part of something larger and you have to do them all to get that larger reward.

If you want to get that mount collection, you have to do them all, including the ones you have skipped in previous years because you didn't care. So in a way you're right, marketing and all that. Still, I fail to see how "forcing" (I know, you're not forced to anything, you can also chose to not get the mounts) every single event on everyone for a meta-reward that isn't related to the event itself in the slightest way is a smart commercial strategy.

You're right on the fact that you can skip IC through dungeons, though. I had discussed that point elsewhere, not here, so I might as well do it now : you can either repeat the same annoyingly long and boring dungeons every day, assuming you have enough time for that, or try a quick boss kill and have to cope with unwanted PvP.

I'm pretty sure that even people who love dungeoning would rather not repeat the same dungeon all the time. Unless they do love mindless korean-style farming, which is something I find even more mind-numbing than PvP, but to each their own. So, most people, I assume, will try and go for the quick option. Meaning that this marketing ploy will lead them to be uninterested by the product being marketed, as it's more boredom and maybe frustration than anything else. And this, all because you cannot afford to skip that many event days if you want the grand reward from the meta-event.

And that's a problem with the whole meta-event thing. I'm talking about pvP now, but I'm pretty confident that the PvP crowd finds having to do delve quests and whatnot for the tickets as much of a chore as I find IC to be one.

So...its a marketing stunt. Within a marketing stunt. A marketing stunt that, no matter what you or I think of it, ZOS Marketing department thinks is awesome! (IMO, I suspect its accelerating burnout in a lot of players.)

And this particular marketing stunt involves both a PVP and a PVE option, because the Imperial City DLC has both PVE and PVP content.

I'd like to think that everyone who is desperate for Event Tickets is nonetheless mature enough to decide for themselves whether or not they'd rather:
    A. Risk PVP in hopes of a (theorectically) quicker boss kill
    B. Stick to running the same 2 PVE normal dungeons in order to avoid PVP, even if they are bored.

Each player gets to decide for themselves where their priorities lie. Wanna avoid PVP completely? You can. Bored to tears by WGT and ICP? Whelp, you get to decide whether to stay bored for tickets, brave PVP for a little more excitement, buy your tickets, or do without. The Power is Yours. You have a Choice.

Its still all a marketing stunt. Within that bigger marketing stunt. You want the rewards, you have to dance to Marketing's tune. This time, the tune they are playing is the Imperial (City) March.
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    This event is the most enjoyable type of PvP you can get aside from stale af Cyro.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Responding to the question - why would a player not geared for PVP (pve player) go to a zone for PVP?

For the most part I spend my time and money gearing up for trials... I'm just here to collect the tickets because it's quicker then the others options. I had 20 minutes last night before a trial run so jumped in the sewers... found the boss and with some other alliance members killed it and made it out in time. So spending money to gear up for a ticket run seems like a waste of time and resources for me.
    Edited by xF1REFL1x on September 9, 2019 1:53PM
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I went into IC on the EU server with my low-DPS battleaxe-wielding crafter, since he's my main EU character and none of my other EU characters are even to L10 yet.

I figured I'd go to a district, get a hit or two in on a PH, let myself get killed, and hopefully still get the tickets when the other players killed the PH.

All the PH bosses were already dead, and showed no signs of respawning.

And I got ganked over and over again-- which I didn't mind, since I bank all TP as soon as I get it, so they got 0 TP from me, and I don't care how much AP they got for killing me since it didn't come out of my pocket.

So I went into the sewers instead, hoping to do the same thing with a roaming lamp boss (Coldharbour whatchamacallit). Ganked again and again, and never got anything after hitting on the RLB, which apparently no one ever killed.

Then I read in the forums that crossed-swords group bosses also counted, so I helped some other players in my alliance go after the GB closest to our base. I didn't get any looting privileges or tickets after the kill, although I did get a small amount of TV.

After I banked the TV, i decided to try again, same GB. This time I got looting privileges and got 2 tickets. Yay! So killing the crossed-swords group bosses does in fact award the event tickets-- contrary to what ZOS had apparently said-- but you must loot the GB's cold, lifeless corpse to get the tickets.

I'd been ready to write this event off as a fruitless exercise in frustration, but now I'm looking forward to it! :)

You could have saved yourself some time by doing the same by joining any nICP or nWGT dungeon and get those tickets a bit faster. If group know what to do in normal dungeon for getting tickets, then it should just be the waiting time for AF that you have to spend time doing other stuff.

//RexyCat
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it. Super fun. I solo bomb. Wreck or get wrecked...that's my overall PvP mentality. No rage, just fun.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RexyCat wrote: »
    You could have saved yourself some time by doing the same by joining any nICP or nWGT dungeon and get those tickets a bit faster. If group know what to do in normal dungeon for getting tickets, then it should just be the waiting time for AF that you have to spend time doing other stuff.

//RexyCat

I found running in the sewers as an AD character much faster as long is isn't a gank fest. Imperial City dungeon takes a long time and is quite challenging even on normal mode. That is even ignoring the wait time, though the IC/sewers may have a wait time as well.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was ok just doing the sewers, but using the exploit platform bug even this is no longer possible.

Gankers like on this screenshot (I chose one without names to avoid deletion for shaming) at the entrance door sabotage the event.

Reported 2 so far to the support, more will follow.

Nx84vO7.jpg

• EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    I've been away for a bit, but I noticed I can't interact with the sewer entrances or the doors between districts anymore, like they're not even real. Once I enter I'm trapped until I give up and die. Is that because my faction doesn't control the district? I don't remember seeing that sort of change announced, and the campaign description makes no mention of it.

New updates. Woohoo.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mudcrabber You need to leave stealth mode. Then you can interact with them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was ok just doing the sewers, but using the exploit platform bug even this is no longer possible.

Gankers like on this screenshot (I chose one without names to avoid deletion for shaming) at the entrance door sabotage the event.

Nx84vO7.jpg

If you want to report people on the platform who are exploiting, go ahead.

Gankers near your home base entrance? 100% allowed and intended. There's no point in reporting them because they aren't doing anything that ZOS doesn't allow. You may not like it, but it's not sabotaging the event, when you can fight back or leave your base via the districts.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 10, 2019 11:06AM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nx84vO7.jpg

Gankers near your home base entrance? 100% allowed and intended. There's no point in reporting them because they aren't doing anything that ZOS doesn't allow. You may not like it, but it's not sabotaging the event, when you can fight back or leave your base via the districts.

It is about abusing the exploit to enter the platform.
    Stated it quite clearly, what is so difficult to understand about it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nx84vO7.jpg

Honestly? I was confused by the 2nd paragraph talking about gankers at the entrance door, and the picture, which looks a lot like the entrance to one of the home bases, at least the one on the EP side. That entrance door on the ground floor is totally fair game for gankers. Hence, my 2nd paragraph.

If I've misunderstood which "entrance door" you were referring to, sorry. It read to me like you were talking about the platform, and then a separate entrance door, which looks like the one to the home bases. Apparently you were talking about the same thing, so that's my mistake?

Anyway, misunderstanding aside, I think we agree that exploiting to get to a platform you shouldn't be able to is not okay, and should be reported.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nx84vO7.jpg

Honestly? I was confused by the 2nd paragraph talking about gankers at the entrance door, and the picture, which looks a lot like the entrance to one of the home bases, at least the one on the EP side. That entrance door on the ground floor is totally fair game for gankers. Hence, my 2nd paragraph.

If I've misunderstood which "entrance door" you were referring to, sorry. It read to me like you were talking about the platform, and then a separate entrance door, which looks like the one to the home bases. Apparently you were talking about the same thing, so that's my mistake?

Anyway, misunderstanding aside, I think we agree that exploiting to get to a platform you shouldn't be able to is not okay, and should be reported.

I see, yes it was a misunderstanding. The screenshot shows the upper door on the platform.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here it is better visible that the platform is the problem:

iRMCgGX.png
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and of course it is not an issue of one specific alliance, checked all 3, also blue and red have such "black sheep".
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged in for tickets. Spawned by sewer boss near DC camp. Boss was already spawned. Started fight solo until 3 other people showed up. Killed boss. Got tickets. Logged off. Quick and easy tickets.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (Excuse comment but not played IC for ages)
    So ‘enemy’ players should NOT be able to get up on to the main platform just the other side of the main entrance to the sewers? The one immediately opposite the zone exit/entrance door?

So how the hell did a group of reds get up there yesterday? (Was ok as put a shout out to my lovely pvp guild & some lovely members came & trashed them 😉)

But how they up there in 1st place?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying the event, and I'm definitely not into PvP. Truth be told, I don't think of myself as much of a PvE player, either, at least not in the sense of being very good at it as compared to other players, although I can solo a lot of content with my main NA character.

This morning I had the best time yet, playing on the EU server. Instead of just going into the sewers, getting my tickets, and then scurrying back to Glenumbra, as I'd been doing on the previous days, I decided to stick around and roam the sewers with a group of fellow DC players. We didn't go into AD or EP territory, but we did make it to the center-- and I promptly got wiped out by a group of EP players. Rather than give up and head back to Glenumbra, I headed back into the sewers, got killed again in the center, headed back in, got killed, headed in, got killed-- sometimes not even making it to the center-- over and over. I killed 2 Trove Scamps, found a new recipe and a DC motif I needed, found 3 skyshards, helped kill another group boss I hadn't run into yer-- since previously I'd stuck with Gati every night-- and generally had a blast. Most of the time I lost most of my TV-- not that I'd earned much before getting killed-- but in my final trip in I came out with over 1000 TV, having narrowly escaped running smack dab into a couple of Coldharbour whatchamacallems, as well as an AD player and an EP player. I'll definitely be heading in later today with my NA character.

Earlier in the event, when I was just earning my tickets and then leaving the sewers, I headed into Cyrodiil to work on getting all of the skyshards. This is a great time to visit Cyrodiil, because most of the PvP players are in IC or the sewers, where the real action is. Anyway, I had finally gotten all of the skyshards in DC territory before the event, then finished off all of them in AD territory during the event. Now I just need to grab a few that are left in EP territory. I even carried an Elder Scroll for the first time, which was kind of funny because my fellow DC players were suggesting that I might be a spy for EP because the scroll was from one of the EP temples and I was trying to put it in a DC fort that was close to EP territory.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never liked it. and now that they separated it from cyro 2 patch ago. im not even want to enter it :D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't care for PvP, but now I'm not so scared to go into the sewers. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
This discussion has been closed.