Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 Master Anglers & proof that the Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl works!

• ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working on my 3rd Masterbaiter. The RNG hates me. It takes me 6 to 9 months of fishing, 10s of thousands of bait, and I use the fishing food.

It's a good thing I love fishing... it's so relaxing.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Op should be the daedric prince of fishing!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    I'm working on my 3rd Masterbaiter. The RNG hates me. It takes me 6 to 9 months of fishing, 10s of thousands of bait, and I use the fishing food.

It's a good thing I love fishing... it's so relaxing.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck :(

I hope they rng will be kinder towards you in the future, but as you said: Fishing is a good way to relax, even more so when you are watching a movie or waiting for the dungeon/battleground queue to pop!
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    I myself am a fisher in pc/eu so it is probable that we fished some holes togather.

Anyway i have a question without food the chance of catching a rare fish is 5% and with additional people on the same hole the chance increases by 5% per person up to 20%(4 people fishing the same hole is the maximum, any people above 4 doesn't change the chance). If 4 people are fishing the same hole and lets say if any/all of them use the food, does the chance increase above 20% or is it limited there? Do you have any data or insight about this situation.

Also haven't read all the comments so if you answered this before i am sorry, i am a bit lazy.
  • WhiteRabbit7866
    WhiteRabbit7866
    Soul Shriven
    Amazing, thank you....just got the arteum fish recipe, hopefully it works as well for me as it did you :D
  • MerJoy
    MerJoy
    ✭✭
    Working on my 9th Angler, I was pretty sure the fishy bowl was working, but its nice to see your data. Suppose I can continue to justify the price of my most beloved fishing food.

Also, my fastest time for finishing an angler is 9 days, Guess I need to up my game a tad :P
    Edited by MerJoy on September 9, 2019 9:50AM
    -> I'm a Fisher, not a fighter. 17 Master Fishers and counting
    -> Long time Craftaholics Officer/Baron
    -> Mayor of Awar (Hop Hop)
    -> I like Trains
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to go for it once but time to value still not worth it for me gunny sacks need better loot.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just found a friend of yours in Fell's Run, Rivenspire. He's just north of the village ;)

YqiZ96E.png
    EU PC
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I never had the Motivation to try Master Angler.. But after randomly finding this Forum today, I started to give it a try. I finished 4 Maps(Alik'r and Rift are pure Horror, LOL!) and cought the 3 Fish from the small Islands.
    Edited by hasi on September 22, 2019 1:15AM
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just finished Master Angler on my main to get the boat furnishing.

I did think a few times about the first post from Elias about doing it 15 times while I fished. That alone is off the chart dedication to a part of the game. But wow he got it to thirty. That’s unbelievable.

To me that’s a strictly one toon only achieve - even with the food buff it’s still a grind. I’m really happy it’s over.

The boat looks great in my Earthtear cavern tho :)
    Edited by AndyMac on September 22, 2019 4:00AM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely noticeable when I did my MF
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour has it to this day he is still fishing
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that this thread still has some life left in it :p Must be some kind of Necromancy at work here. I'm sorry to all the people whose questions i might have missed.

It is worth noting that in the latest PTS patch, they have added more fishing holes to some Master Angler zones that were lacking specific water type holes. I went and tested it briefly, and i found some new River holes in the water just outside Snapleg Cave in The Rift.

I probably won't be updating my maps to include these new holes though, i don't really have the time to go through all the zones to find all the new spots. I'm sure though that addon makers will update their addons to show the new locations.

If only they would have put these new holes in sooner, would have made my life easier :/
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 22, 2019 11:52AM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself am a fisher in pc/eu so it is probable that we fished some holes togather.

Anyway i have a question without food the chance of catching a rare fish is 5% and with additional people on the same hole the chance increases by 5% per person up to 20%(4 people fishing the same hole is the maximum, any people above 4 doesn't change the chance). If 4 people are fishing the same hole and lets say if any/all of them use the food, does the chance increase above 20% or is it limited there? Do you have any data or insight about this situation.

Also haven't read all the comments so if you answered this before i am sorry, i am a bit lazy.

Hey, i know this response is two months late, im sorry about that. Life has been crazy this past summer.

I don't really have an answer to your question, 99.9% of my fishing experience was solo fishing. As far as i know though, the food should only increase the chance of rare fish for the person who has the food active.

So let's say you fish together with 3 other people, and you are the only one with the food active, i would imagine that you are the person with the greatest chance of catching rare fish in that group of people.

And if it goes above 20%.... again, i have no clue. Never tested this myself. My gut feeling is to say that fishing with other people and having the food active is the best way of catching rare fish. Altough you will have to move around to new holes a lot more often compared to fishing alone.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 22, 2019 12:02PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MerJoy wrote: »
    Working on my 9th Angler, I was pretty sure the fishy bowl was working, but its nice to see your data. Suppose I can continue to justify the price of my most beloved fishing food.

Also, my fastest time for finishing an angler is 9 days, Guess I need to up my game a tad :P

Awesome to see another fellow fishing speedrunner :D

Best of luck to you on your 9th angler! Unless you have already finished that one too, i know i am a bit late with responding to your comment heh.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hasi wrote: »
    So I never had the Motivation to try Master Angler.. But after randomly finding this Forum today, I started to give it a try. I finished 4 Maps(Alik'r and Rift are pure Horror, LOL!) and cought the 3 Fish from the small Islands.

That's super unlucky timing, in the latest patch on the Public Test Server, they have added in new River fishing holes in the Rift, and even more holes for specific water types in other Master Angler zones.

Best of luck to you though on the rest :p
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL:DR: I spent over a month of my life fishing in a video game

I’m an Orc Game Warden, so I’m going to need to see your fishing license.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are Master Anglers.......and there are MASTER ANGLERS! The OP is the GRAND MASTER ANGLER!! ZOS give him his own title now please!!
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭

That's super unlucky timing, in the latest patch on the Public Test Server, they have added in new River fishing holes in the Rift, and even more holes for specific water types in other Master Angler zones.

Best of luck to you though on the rest :p

I only needed 1 and a half River Fishing Holes to catch the Rare Fish in the Rift... The Foul Water is fighting with me mainly.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭

Some of it is guaranteed misery :) I’m EP so I needed to go down to the AD base repeatedly to fish for the ocean rares. That one missing blue fish stopped me from bothering with MA for the longest time - But during the IC event, Cyro cleared out so I got it done and the rest is just PvE grind after that.

I’d always try to clear a map before moving on - but sometimes you have to accept that RNG is against you and fish elsewhere. I had cleared the entire Pact before the Stonefalls blue foul rare dropped lol. It’s helpful to remind yourself that the missing fish will drop eventually. The whole thing is a test of persistence.

I’m glad they’re increasing nodes in certain zones.

Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    AndyMac wrote: »

Some of it is guaranteed misery :) I’m EP so I needed to go down to the AD base repeatedly to fish for the ocean rares. That one missing blue fish stopped me from bothering with MA for the longest time - But during the IC event, Cyro cleared out so I got it done and the rest is just PvE grind after that.

I’d always try to clear a map before moving on - but sometimes you have to accept that RNG is against you and fish elsewhere. I had cleared the entire Pact before the Stonefalls blue foul rare dropped lol. It’s helpful to remind yourself that the missing fish will drop eventually. The whole thing is a test of persistence.

I’m glad they’re increasing nodes in certain zones.

Yea, I nearly flipped a Table around earlier in Stormhaven. Somehow with River Fish I get lucky and get all needed ones in around one Hole. Then Foul Water hits and I haven't got the Blue Fish after 20+ Holes.😂

I felt released once I got it.😭
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl definitely works. There is no question in my mind about that.

If you're trying to get the Fisherman Achievement do yourself the favor and use this food. It makes a huge difference.
  • bossonova420
    bossonova420
    ✭✭
    I just started fishing recently and I luv it.... in stonefalls now but next area im going to is summerset for that recipe man. I plan on getting master angler one day...
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking you may have the record for most MA toons. WTG!

Ok average of 6,743 clicks for each toon times = 202,290 clicks for all of your toons! The question is do you have any fingers left? "Carp"el Tunnel perhaps?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedication at its finest! Nice work.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking you may have the record for most MA toons. WTG!

Ok average of 6,743 clicks for each toon times = 202,290 clicks for all of your toons! The question is do you have any fingers left? "Carp"el Tunnel perhaps?

My hands still work, which is surprising to me too :joy:
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as it came out is when i picked up my rod once more.
    You dirty scoundrel!

Edited by PriorityBalle on December 7, 2019 12:07PM
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post, mate! This is really good info and you've obviously put a lot of effort into compiling all of this data.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    Great post, mate! This is really good info and you've obviously put a lot of effort into compiling all of this data.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :)
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested the Hissmir Fish-Eye drink against a large sample? I wonder if it does anything beyond the visual effects.