Maintenance for the week of November 29:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

30 Master Anglers & proof that the Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl works!

  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    This is great!
    I love seeing things like this.
    Quick question, I stopped fishing because of the bug. It was annoying to catch something but nothing was on the line. Have they fixed it yet?
    Thanks!

    It has been fixed on the Public Test Server! It should hit the live servers in a few weeks, alongside the Wrathstone dlc!

    Actually, and sadly, it hasn't been fixed yet. I created a char on PTS to try it out and got the bug on the second hole I tried. I made a thread on the PTS subforum about it.

    Oh, i was unaware of this :/ I read the patch note and assumed it had actually been fixed. Thank you for the correction.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    This is great!
    I love seeing things like this.
    Quick question, I stopped fishing because of the bug. It was annoying to catch something but nothing was on the line. Have they fixed it yet?
    Thanks!

    It has been fixed on the Public Test Server! It should hit the live servers in a few weeks, alongside the Wrathstone dlc!

    Actually, and sadly, it hasn't been fixed yet. I created a char on PTS to try it out and got the bug on the second hole I tried. I made a thread on the PTS subforum about it.

    Oh, i was unaware of this :/ I read the patch note and assumed it had actually been fixed. Thank you for the correction.

    I'll try again next week and update the thread on PTS accordingly. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was so looking forward to the fix...I like fishing, but those empty pulls/broken line sucks the fun out of fishing for me.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The data angler strikes again. Crazy but awesome info. I agree there should be a fishing NPC named after you in the game, hahah.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm reading that right, looks like towards the end you were averaging 10 days per character, how many hours each day? Just curious.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered about that foods effectiveness. I tried it and didn't notice any difference in how fast I caught the rare fish, and since it's so pricey to make I didn't bother with it again. I mean the tooltip is a bit vague, it does say fish will be attracted to you but it does not say RARE fish, just fish.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    I can totally get why you do so much fishing, I guess I enjoy 'staring at the ocean' too :smile:

    Thanks so much for sharing all this information, I find it fascinating and admire you a lot for collating all of it too.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does this still have the limitation of having to have 2 people at the fishing hole?
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Rezzinu
    Rezzinu
    ✭✭
    Wow. Impressive. Really!
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    as a master angler in the making, I find this post super interesting and amazing. thank you, I shall keep on fishing!
    #teamEmeric
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno.... something smells fishy with this.

    Eh? Eh!? *pokes with elbow*
    My not so Flawless vMA videos: Click Here
    The Soul Cairn
    This crit chance stacking meta we've been living in for 2 years now is incredibly boring and uninspiring for build diversity.
    Build diversity is dead
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias your endeavours never fail to amuse and amaze me.. well done... again 👌
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait wait wait hold up

    You fish when you run out of content.... and you’ve done all that??? Do you ever do literally anything else? IRL or otherwise?
    2013

    rip decibel
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done Master Angler achievement on any of my characters yet, is more of an activity for when I don't have anything else to do, however, I have two more zones from AD to finish and all from DC and EP on my main. As I have over 1 mil bounty on me that restricts me from going near any city, fishing and PvP are my activities now and I plan to get that Master Angler achievement soon. Never took into consideration the Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl, but I'll give it a shot, think I already have it if I'm not wrong.

    Thanks for sharing and taking your time to write this post, you made fishing in ESO really look like serious business.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard


  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome informative post.
    You just created a new coaching area: Fish Coaching or Fishing Personal Trainer.
    Hope they name Elias to a epic fish in a future DLC B)
    Congratz
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um...you missed a fishing hole ;)

    Thanks for the proof the Dab fish causes insanity! It's Green...but not really.

    Job well done. Do it blindfolded next time. Then I will be impressed.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    22m of just one item. :(
    CP1,400+ Master Explorer - AvA August Palatine - Console Peasant
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, 10 thousand fish, vs 6 thousand fish?

    That settles it. Not a chance in hell I'm ever getting that achievement.

    Kudos to you, though, OP. Sincerely.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

    Earn it.

    IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odnoc wrote: »
    If I'm reading that right, looks like towards the end you were averaging 10 days per character, how many hours each day? Just curious.

    That's a good question. I never kept count really of the hours i spent per day, but it was probably atleast 9-10 hours a day or so
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngelaWasp wrote: »
    I can totally get why you do so much fishing, I guess I enjoy 'staring at the ocean' too :smile:

    Thanks so much for sharing all this information, I find it fascinating and admire you a lot for collating all of it too.

    Glad you enjoyed it!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does this still have the limitation of having to have 2 people at the fishing hole?

    Not sure what you mean with limitations. The food worked just fine with me fishing solo :confused:
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Wait wait wait hold up

    You fish when you run out of content.... and you’ve done all that??? Do you ever do literally anything else? IRL or otherwise?

    Yes :P it's always important to keep a healthy balance with real life and ESO.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »
    Um...you missed a fishing hole ;)

    Thanks for the proof the Dab fish causes insanity! It's Green...but not really.

    Job well done. Do it blindfolded next time. Then I will be impressed.

    Yeah, something is fishy about the Dab. 100% convinced that it's a meme just because of its name :joy:
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    You have the patience of an angel. o:) Congratulations on a very impressive achievement. Let's hope the people at ZOS give you a special trophy.
    Master Angler
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RGWwdvy.png

    “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him Perfect Roe for a lifetime!”

    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on February 1, 2019 6:07AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for fishing and selling perfect roe so that I never have to.....ever.

    I tried fishing once and ran out of beer before I even finished one zone.
    Yes I am deeply embarrassed to still be playing this game. I know better.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Thank you for fishing and selling perfect roe so that I never have to.....ever.

    I tried fishing once and ran out of beer before I even finished one zone.

    RNG is a cruel mistress :lol:
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!!

    Inspires me to do it one at least one time. Thanks for sharing.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! All this data was fun to read!
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    PVE healer all classes / PVP magplar & magden
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Awesome! All this data was fun to read!

    Lord Sotha Sil! I am honored to recieve your praise :open_mouth:
Sign In or Register to comment.