The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The cost of Cornflower

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    Nodes are randomized,@FlopsyPrince ... so there’s no set location to farm Cornflower on its own.

There are some zones that have a high concentration of nodes in certain areas ... or are otherwise quiet.

The beginner zones are pretty quiet: Stros M’kai, Bal Foyen, Khenarthi’s Roost, Betnikh, and Bleakrock.

Remember, the guild trader system isn’t “broken” just because the prices aren’t what you want to pay. Demand pricing is working fine.

No, it is broken because it is incredibly hard to find many things when you want them. It is broken because you can only list 30 items per guild at a time and are subject to whether they win a bit this week or not.

It is horrid, yet a lot of people like it, mostly because they are very used to it and profit greatly, especially if they can make money flipping items because finding out a good price is so difficult.

It adds a tiny bit of color to the game, but that is all.

====

Farming mats in the starting zones means you need to compete with all the bots doing the same, though even that has minimal promise of Cornflower, the point of this post.

I can live with that and I am fine with people charging what they can, but claiming farming is a great alternative just waiting to be tried is disingenuous.

I know of some places that give you plenty of alchemy (and other mats) ingredients, that respawn quickly and have no bots. If you go at the right time there also won't be many other players. Message me and I'll describe where they are. That's assuming you want to farm a bit.

I always appreciate good farming locations. I needed the water a while back because I pushed the skill up on a character without thinking of that. I found some around Khenarthi's Roost, but I would be glad to find a zone with decent water that respawned somewhat quickly. I found that the water respawning was much slower than the other nodes.

Sometimes just being able to stand in the middle of several water spots and then grab them in between doing things on my computer would be helpful.

I used to find a bunch of water in the urns of the Dreloth Ancestral Tomb in Vvardenfell. That’s someplace you can cycle through on several characters, but I believe the urns have a 20-30min cooldown per character before they reset, even if you completely log out of the game.

I farmed that religiously on 8-9 characters when Morrowind first came out trying for Vvardfelll furnishing plans. Didn’t do so hot on the plans but noticed a high return rate on water from them. Also, IIRC the water seemed to scale solely on character level and not alchemy passive, but I could be wrong.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    Nodes are randomized,@FlopsyPrince ... so there’s no set location to farm Cornflower on its own.

There are some zones that have a high concentration of nodes in certain areas ... or are otherwise quiet.

The beginner zones are pretty quiet: Stros M’kai, Bal Foyen, Khenarthi’s Roost, Betnikh, and Bleakrock.

Remember, the guild trader system isn’t “broken” just because the prices aren’t what you want to pay. Demand pricing is working fine.

No, it is broken because it is incredibly hard to find many things when you want them. It is broken because you can only list 30 items per guild at a time and are subject to whether they win a bit this week or not.

It is horrid, yet a lot of people like it, mostly because they are very used to it and profit greatly, especially if they can make money flipping items because finding out a good price is so difficult.

It adds a tiny bit of color to the game, but that is all.

====

Farming mats in the starting zones means you need to compete with all the bots doing the same, though even that has minimal promise of Cornflower, the point of this post.

I can live with that and I am fine with people charging what they can, but claiming farming is a great alternative just waiting to be tried is disingenuous.

I know of some places that give you plenty of alchemy (and other mats) ingredients, that respawn quickly and have no bots. If you go at the right time there also won't be many other players. Message me and I'll describe where they are. That's assuming you want to farm a bit.

I always appreciate good farming locations. I needed the water a while back because I pushed the skill up on a character without thinking of that. I found some around Khenarthi's Roost, but I would be glad to find a zone with decent water that respawned somewhat quickly. I found that the water respawning was much slower than the other nodes.

Sometimes just being able to stand in the middle of several water spots and then grab them in between doing things on my computer would be helpful.

I used to find a bunch of water in the urns of the Dreloth Ancestral Tomb in Vvardenfell. That’s someplace you can cycle through on several characters, but I believe the urns have a 20-30min cooldown per character before they reset, even if you completely log out of the game.

I farmed that religiously on 8-9 characters when Morrowind first came out trying for Vvardfelll furnishing plans. Didn’t do so hot on the plans but noticed a high return rate on water from them. Also, IIRC the water seemed to scale solely on character level and not alchemy passive, but I could be wrong.

I would bet the water scales just like other mats - 1/2 at level, 1/2 at Alchemy level. That was what I saw looting the bottles on K Roost, but I am not sure about looting other things.
    PC
    PS4/PS5