Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Visual Representation Of Magplar Meta Hoppers

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Disclaimer: may result in being triggered and/or telling others to L2P or slot purge.

SZmqJnP.jpg
Edited by Vapirko on September 6, 2019 2:52AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

SLOT PURGE NOOB
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i lol’d
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    i lol’d

If I can make just one person lol then my life means something.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good and learn how to play and build. Hard counters for current Magplar exist. Your stubbornness to use them. Is the cause of your pain. Not the falsehood that Magplar is OP, and is over running BGs and Cyrodiil outside of zergs. That honer still belongs to OP AF Stamina specs and builds.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good and learn how to play and build. Hard counters for current Magplar exist. Your stubbornness to use them. Is the cause of your pain. Not the falsehood that Magplar is OP, and is over running BGs and Cyrodiil outside of zergs. That honer still belongs to OP AF Stamina specs and builds.

There it is :D
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know, I like my mag DK more than my templar in open world. Then again, on my templar I still don't bother purging and I run ritual of retribution (see the templar megathread before retribution was even buffed where I said that I find purging useless long before this patch, I still do). I also refuse to slot living dark, so there is little difference between the two in reality except that I have slightly more flexibility on my DK.

As for fighting mag templars, meh. I have not seen anyone exceptional in BGs, no CP, or CP. Tanky, yes, but they are not doing damage. I have more trouble with stam chars damage output in a 1v1 or 1vX. Ever get uppercut spammed? That's brutal when 8+ doing it, rather have 8 radiants or sun fires from templars with no brain ...
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    care to elaborate magtemplar hard counter?
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

Zergs.

Assuming the magplar is alone ...
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone got so used to magiplar sucking. Nao dey confuse. GG
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people assuming this is a Magplar OP thread? Clearly the detailed picture description is showing the Magplar confused as to why their opponent is NOT dead. So, yeah, L2Appreciate Art.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny cause it's TRUE. And because it still triggers people on both sides. The only magplar "rerolls" ive seen that are any good are people that have been in groups farming people before anyway with other classes. The rest are the OPs meme.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything using purge or cloak.

If you are stamina a stamina spec. Get yourself at least 15k to 17k max magicka. Then boom you are good against a single Magplar. Actually at that point you can proceed to Onslaught kill it in 1 to 3 global cooldowns. Before it's DoTs kill your in 7 or more Global Cooldowns.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG Purge does not counter templars because DOTs are not a templar exclusive. L.O.L. I'm getting pulled into the "serious" discussion in this thread which was clearly light hearted.

You do have it right in the Onslaught kill them part though. If your problem with templar is that they don't suffer from DOTs and they have living dark; the answer is burst and use shuffle or FM, or RAT and quit crutching the DOT meta
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You caught one. 🐟
    Edited by jlboozer on September 6, 2019 1:18PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Major evasion seriously screws over my ability to kill or even damage any competent stam build using it, makes my 5k+ sweep tooltip start hitting like wet noodles and makes my crescent sweep damage feel like I'm swinging Styrofoam at people. I usually just walk away from people with major evasion on if the fight starts dragging out too long, especially if i feel like they are running ME and heavy on top of it. Having all of your class damage skills shut down by one skill is more OP and cancerous then anything else imo.
    Edited by Akinos on September 6, 2019 3:52PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slotting purge helps. It really is not needed for mag nightblade or to mag sorc. Tankmeta is still viable. I end my case.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOLOLOL yeah let me hard counter dots with cloak. It's not a counter AT ALL when all I can do is run for the hills. I don't think people understand that cloak only suppresses dots when your cloaked. They second you come out its dot city like everyone else. You can't kill people while spamming cloak to save yourself.

Hard counters are like the old wing dk vs vamp magnb. That was a counter class
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 6, 2019 4:01PM
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are stamina a stamina spec. Get yourself at least 15k to 17k max magicka. Then boom you are good against a single Magplar. Actually at that point you can proceed to Onslaught kill it in 1 to 3 global cooldowns. Before it's DoTs kill your in 7 or more Global Cooldowns.

Is this a troll or are you being serious? I can't even tell anymore with posts like these lol.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love those pics. First two and just damn good! (I mean there's no fat on those jokes; just pure joke)

I wish I knew irl people that play to show this post to
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 6, 2019 7:11PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I knew irl people that play to show this post to

Nerd!
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely hilarious how people consider a class with zero mobility as OP
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

Zero mobility? They don’t have wheels like a stam sorc or stam nb but my magplar is quick with RAT. Same as my dk with RAT, always able to slip away to get a camp for the boys.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zero mobility? They don’t have wheels like a stam sorc or stam nb but my magplar is quick with RAT. Same as my dk with RAT, always able to slip away to get a camp for the boys.

I still like mist, but I'm rather ticked off that they took the ani cancel speed from it. I felt it was fair because you lost the maj protection from it. It was a nice give and take.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still like mist, but I'm rather ticked off that they took the ani cancel speed from it. I felt it was fair because you lost the maj protection from it. It was a nice give and take.

Yeah, I am surprised how much I miss that. It made mist really flexible.

Jack has a Godplar video up. I watched it yesterday in IC. Yeah, Jack's a great player but there are so many upsides and so few downsides to this build.

[url="http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJXQY2DXoM&[/url]
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah it was a great but weaker alternative to race and I liked it too. Gave people option to not have to buy the dlc just for one skill. But like most decent skills they need a fat nerf
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure what class you run, if you run solo or duo etc. But this is what really messes me up..
    A stun or anything where I have to break CC and during this time, someone with a decent amount of CP points into siphoning who is also using the damage magic and stam poisons, and then pairs it with Onslaught. Maybe partner is also using Heal Absorb, Poisons as well. I ran into a NB invigorating drain duo using this set up also that was just crazy. Yes I can cleanse but I have to have resources to do this and not be CCd.

Also there is a hierarchy to what gets purged/cleansed, it is not last applied or first applied, some skills are prioritized for some reason which leave other more harmful skills on the target-assuming enough bleeds/dots/poisons/purgable skills are applied

Or you can just use one of the skills right now that cause health Desync. This is why you sometimes see every class sitting around in stealth right now trying to gank.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I am surprised how much I miss that. It made mist really flexible.

Jack has a Godplar video up. I watched it yesterday in IC. Yeah, Jack's a great player but there are so many upsides and so few downsides to this build.

[url="http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJXQY2DXoM&[/url]

I totally hope to see people other than him use that build with only 2k crit resist and 20k health and low armor. I'm not going to try to DOT and heavy lightning attack them either.
    Edited by technohic on September 6, 2019 10:20PM
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Disclaimer: may result in being triggered and/or telling others to L2P or slot purge.

SZmqJnP.jpg

Who the hell uses Jesus Beam? :)
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Defile, major evasion, cost poisons (stam or mag, both work), movement speed, snares, effects that continuously reapply/proc sets that do that, going after a weaker teammate, blocking, rolling, staying at close range and spamming uppercut on a stam char blocking at the right time after so you can't be stun but spam stuns (this one is actually effective on anyone right now. so cheesy :D ).
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Defile, major evasion, cost poisons (stam or mag, both work), movement speed, snares, effects that continuously reapply/proc sets that do that, going after a weaker teammate, blocking, rolling, staying at close range and spamming uppercut on a stam char blocking at the right time after so you can't be stun but spam stuns (this one is actually effective on anyone right now. so cheesy :D ).

Lol all that stuff works vs any class it's called fighting
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 7, 2019 1:53AM