Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a bit. I always get frustrated with IC, I hate being ganked and losing my progress and yet I keep coming back. I'm hardly a regular there but I do have quite some fun there. Navigating the sewers is my favourite since you can't just run through it like in a normal dungeon. Your moves have to be slower and more deliberate, a true dungeon crawl. The joy of traversing all the tunnels safely and getting closer to the goal you picked can only be compared to anger you feel when you inevitably get ambused by some AD nightblades just one corner from said goal.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy s'wit have I been having a blast. Literally. Thanks for all the telvar everyone. Its always sweeter when it's someone else's bounty.

Dandos Direnni Out.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have only been in there solo since the event and im having a blast. Now I consider myself mostly a Pvper and usually go solo or duo in cyro and I could get why a strictly PVE'r would have a bad time, but if you don't want to pvp you should not be there so its really on them. When it first came out i was not any good and i got ganked and i still loved it. it made me want to get better

EDIT: I PVE a lot too now days and I don't go to trials in a pvp setup and not knowing my rotation and expect to have a good time
    Edited by magictucktuck on September 6, 2019 2:26PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hated it enough that 2,500 crowns seemed like a cheap price to avoid it - I went in for 20 minutes and that was all it took to remind me that it is the most unrewarding part of the game bar none:

I run around and around the same small area killing mobs and/or people waiting for a boss to spawn only to either walk away with a picket full of a meaningless currency or if unlucky lose even that if a group jumps me. There is no reward for playing there at all - fair play to people who find it satisfying but I'll stick to proper PvP or PvE or even farming mats thanks.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never have liked mixing PvE with PvP. I like doing both but I like doing them individually.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m honestly having a blast, I only have one friend with me he’s a stamblade, I’m a magplar I’ve made 60k Tel Var already just from killing people and I’ve only played for two hours. The key is invisibility potions.

Yeah, you probably gank people like me who just want the stupid tickets they put behind a PvP wall.

if you choose to go into a PvP zone instead of utilizing the PvE alternative (ICP and WGT) that is on you
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it, but then I'm not trying to farm tel-var stones. I don't think of it as PvP since real fights are rare, it seems to be mostly groups of gankers who will stealth and run away if anyone fights back (or just if the enemy has equal numbers), so I just ignore them. If they kill me then they've wasted their time because I have no TV stones and I just respawn and carry on.

More importantly once I knew which bosses counted (and that it's not the mini-bosses like the announcement says) it's a quick way to get tickets. I'd rather do the dungeon but on days like today when I had a total of 25 minutes at home after reset and had to use that time to get changed and packed speed takes priority.

If you want tel-var stones however I definitely recommend coming back after the event is over, it's usually a dead zone where you can explore in peace.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent the most time I've ever spent in IC last night and I've been playing this game since PS4 launch. Had a great time farming Molag in the sewers with a group of about 14 people.

That being said, I do feel like the "reason" behind PVP needs to evolve in this game. The "alliance war" makes no sense anymore (for "vestiges" aka the players) with the One Tamriel update, and it feels dumb as hell that I have to be the part of the same "war alliance" as a guildmate in order to group for PVP with them. I'm wondering if this story is ever going to progress or evolve into something different or is this what we're stuck with for the duration of the games life cycle?
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on September 6, 2019 4:43PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Imperial City in general. As a PvP player.... I hate this event though haha

I'm used to farming IC with small groups of enemies to contend with, IC is ruined when there are full zergs in such a small area. Killing the bosses up in the Districts solo nets a ton of Tel Var, I can't even find one alive with all the groups running around.

And joining a large group of my own alliance just defeats the purpose for me...would take hours to farm the same amount of Tel Var you get when your solo or in very small groups. I wish they added more than one CP IC. There's no room to breathe.

Spent about 20 minutes yesterday before leaving. I'll get my alchemy mats elsewhere for now (but not in Elsweyr).
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like it very much. Mayhem everywhere. Big zergs and small groups fighting all over. If you are no salty boy and get triggered when you lose tel'var its awesome. Almost no lag during fights except when big zergs are fighting but i really like the event. It's so much fun
    also known as Overlich.
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. it has never been. I bet Zennimax made IC free in order to increase the population. Everytime I went there to use the crafting tables it was a barren wasteland filled with daedra
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked IC back before they added the flags. The last 2 days I've been there a total of about 5 minutes. Go to sewers, kill the first boss I see and go back to doing other things. It's all good if it's something that others enjoy. I'm happy people can have fun in there, but I just see it as a zone where the larger group wins and small groups get ganked. Just not something I'm overly interested in as the reward I'm looking for is the tickets and once I have those I lose interest.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC was made for NBs to have fun.
    Do not go there with other classes - or play in a group...

Evidently it’s not for all Nightblades though ... there have already been some terrible displays of trying to gank that I’ve seen.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, up until this event I had only been to IC once with a group of about 20 guildies. So I don't know a lot about it even though I have been playing almost three years.

That said, I have been having a ball in IC. Now is the time to play since the queues are full and, regardless of alliance, you are going to find a few good sized groups of your faction in IC.

Doesn't take long to look at the IC map when you first enter the sewers to see where your alliance action is, go to that district, and hook up with a big group of faction members.

So to answer the OP, I am having a ball in IC right now. Is a nice different take on the numerous BGs and time in Cyrodill I have spent.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gank fest for all those players running unkillable, HIGH DPS builds.

Always has been a pos zone.

Only place a player gets to steal from other players.

WHY /? its stupid.

ZOS should just monitor the zone and start kicking exploiter from the game.

Not talking about the quality pvp players and there are bunches on all factions.

I talking the players, and they know exactly who they are, that are just griefers.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    Gank fest for all those players running unkillable, HIGH DPS builds.

Always has been a pos zone.

Only place a player gets to steal from other players.

WHY /? its stupid.

ZOS should just monitor the zone and start kicking exploiter from the game.

Not talking about the quality pvp players and there are bunches on all factions.

I talking the players, and they know exactly who they are, that are just griefers.

Most gank builds are weak defensively. If you keep your defensive buffs/shield up while running around they can't one-shot gank you. Then its a matter of CC'ing them before they stealth out again they'll be easy to kill, or they'll find a new target.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

how long before you raged.

how long before you said "F this" and left IC

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

Let's see... when did IC originally come out? About 15 minutes after that. :)
    Edited by Elsonso on September 6, 2019 5:33PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the risk and reward not fair, you can get 10k telvar when you bring nothing.

also the a group basically have really great advantage vs solo. the telvar got splitted but TTK is lower and increase survivability.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I hate Imperial City yet? No. This is an easy event. Only takes 5-6 minutes to get to and kill the closest sewer boss and claim your event tickets. Boom, you're done. It's a lot easier than pugging the two dungeons.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

how long before you raged.

how long before you said "F this" and left IC

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

PvP in this game is just about who can exploit OR cheat the hardest. Most. Not all. There's nothing fun about it. Never will be.
    As someone who was in first place in a certain BGs for awhile, I heavily recommend staying away from it as well. It's got the same exploit lovers in it. The higher you go, the more toxic it will get. I stopped it after awhile because the extreme toxicity was there just like the teabagging Cyrodiil PvPers.
    Edited by xeha_arwen11 on September 6, 2019 6:40PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC was made for NBs to have fun.
    Do not go there with other classes - or play in a group...

Pfffft....I run around solo on my MagTemp HOPING a squishy NB will be stupid enough to try ganking me.
    Edited by itscompton on September 6, 2019 7:26PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I love IC.

I just hate most of the players there :*
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have only been in there solo since the event and im having a blast. Now I consider myself mostly a Pvper and usually go solo or duo in cyro and I could get why a strictly PVE'r would have a bad time, but if you don't want to pvp you should not be there so its really on them. When it first came out i was not any good and i got ganked and i still loved it. it made me want to get better

EDIT: I PVE a lot too now days and I don't go to trials in a pvp setup and not knowing my rotation and expect to have a good time

When IC first came out I had spent six months avoiding Cyro because I was scared to PvP. But I ventured into IC because at the time the only way to get Rubedite was to break down looted gear from that zone.
    I spent a few hours running around the sewers and eventually I got ganked by a NB, losing around 5K tv, which back then was like two hours of work, so I sent him a salty message about him being lucky I wasn't ready. He sent me a message back saying he still had all the stones on him and could duel him to get them back. Of course he whupped my butt like six times in a row but I appreciated the chance and it planted a seed of wanting to get good at PvP. It was quite a journey and took me a while before I felt as if I was actually good but I stuck with it, killing and dying (lots and lots) in both Cyro and IC, learning all the time. As I started to get better I enjoyed it more and more and now it's really all I do in the game.

PS: I fought that same NB 1v1 in Cyro a couple of years later and was able to give him the smack down, which felt really great.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love it. Love the heightened sense of threat.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing else that is lacking is trophy ears when you kill someone.
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Fun... got in... got my tickets... got out. No enemies seen.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing else that is lacking is trophy ears when you kill someone.

Diablo II. I was such an annoying little punk back then with those dang ears.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    I hated it enough that 2,500 crowns seemed like a cheap price to avoid it - I went in for 20 minutes and that was all it took to remind me that it is the most unrewarding part of the game bar none:

I run around and around the same small area killing mobs and/or people waiting for a boss to spawn only to either walk away with a picket full of a meaningless currency or if unlucky lose even that if a group jumps me. There is no reward for playing there at all - fair play to people who find it satisfying but I'll stick to proper PvP or PvE or even farming mats thanks.

Meaningless? 50k telvar buys you 10 haj, 15k a pop...it's one of the best gold farms in the game - if you are gud :D

[Disclaimer - I'm not gud :(]
    Edited by RodneyRegis on September 7, 2019 7:07AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My reaction to running IC for the first time in several months:

tenor.gif?itemid=5751110
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to sneak around in imperial city with my nightblade, even though I'm not good at PvP and ganking. I don't go too often, but when I do, I usually do dailies there or poke my blade of woe in some unsuspecting NPCs. When there's the event, its even more of a challenge to sneak around. I was there for several hours yesterday night, and it was fun to be able to pass whole zergs without them noticing me. I managed to get some tel var, too. And threw some event cakes on Newbies of other factions that stood around afk in the open^^

Imperial City is what it is. Give it one or two or three chances to get to know it.
    Go there whenever you want if you like it, avoid it if you don't.
    PC/EU
This discussion has been closed.