Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get the Imperial City DLC Free & Earn Bonus Reward"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
828e2898abf1545c7a2a00bbe1a98240.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Get the Imperial City DLC Free & Earn Bonus Rewards During the Celebration Event" blog article.

Take the fight to the heart of the Empire during the Imperial City Celebration Event and you can acquire the DLC game pack free from the in-game Crown Store while earning bonus rewards!
Staff Post
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for letting us earn tickets from the dungeons, much appreciated.

No sign of the Seventh Legion style? I know it was supposed to be a part of Midyear Mayhem, but since that event was cancelled I hoped it would be available during the Imperial City event.
    PS5 EU.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serious question: are the scamps ever going to be fixed? DC's rarely spawn, EP's don't appear on their full route (and a few dont take damage), pretty sure at least 1 of AD's are bugged too. I'm still *(after 4 years!) missing the Trove and Treasure scamp achievements, as I only see them when I'm in AD or EP territory (why does everything suck for DC?)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious question: are the scamps ever going to be fixed? DC's rarely spawn, EP's don't appear on their full route (and a few dont take damage), pretty sure at least 1 of AD's are bugged too. I'm still *(after 4 years!) missing the Trove and Treasure scamp achievements, as I only see them when I'm in AD or EP territory (why does everything suck for DC?)

If it helps, I've seen quite a few trove/treasure scamps spawning in the room close to the DC base recently (farming siege of Cyrodiil merits). It's an RNG thing... :p Just to clarify tho, I have not been farming in the other sections of the sewers recently, so don't know about DC spawn locations in general.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 3, 2019 3:12PM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't earn anything from the previous events so what am I supposed to do with this onyx morphing stuff?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it helps, I've seen quite a few trove/treasure scamps spawning in the room close to the DC base recently (farming siege of Cyrodiil merits). It's an RNG thing... :p

I have too, for aout 2 seconds before they warp. Gee, plenty of time to control them while I'm still clearing the room...

Not to mention the EP one that will only take 50% damage period, then just keep respawning in the same point every minute.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 3, 2019 3:12PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    1. will ZoS open some extra temporary "campaigns" for IC during the event, if IC becomes pop-locked?
    2. will daily repeatable quest rewards be double drops, at least for the tel var portion of the Siege merchant lockbox and any other dailies turned in?
    3. Will there be double quest rewards, like during previous IC events, at least for the tel var portion? (For people doing the questline for the first time, you used to get double the usual "hefty" tel var packages during the event.)
    4. Does "Double drops from bosses" include the Molag Bal sewer event, like in previous IC anniversaries? I'm thinking more of double hakeijo drops rather than just telvar, frags, or the skin/pet (which were already mentioned).
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 3, 2019 3:19PM
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    Is there going to he additional imperial city campaigns going to be added for server load?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question about the Event Tickets.

Slay a miniboss in the Sewers.

Are we talking marked minibosses like Hsu-Hakan or Wadracki?

Or are we talking about the Coldharbor Elite Guard, the patrolling sewer generals with flags on their back?

That's kind of a big difference.

Because the Coldharbor Elite Guard is a much better match for the Patrolling Horrors of the Districts. The marked minibosses are a lot easier.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 3, 2019 3:27PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    I didn't earn anything from the previous events so what am I supposed to do with this onyx morphing stuff?

You can use any event tickets that you get to either buy more feathers for a basic indrik (if you don't have one), or save the tickets for a soul-shriven skin (unless you plan to farm the Sewer event heavily to get one from Molag Bal). If you already have a basic (nascent) indrik and are interested in the black indrik, all the previous Onyx berries will still be "on sale", so you can PROBABLY still get all four berries required, if you work at it and will be around for the whole of September. It is usually possible to get more than 20 tickets from each event (24 max from this event), i.e. two Onyx berries from this event, and two from the final event of the quarter, later in September.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 3, 2019 6:08PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    1. will ZoS open some extra temporary "campaigns" for IC during the event, if IC becomes pop-locked?
    2. will daily repeatable quest rewards be double drops, at least for the tel var portion of the Siege merchant lockbox and any other dailies turned in?
    3. Will there be double quest rewards, like during previous IC events, at least for the tel var portion? (For people doing the questline for the first time, you used to get double the usual "hefty" tel var packages during the event.)

I second these questions.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    "[...] you can earn new Event Tickets by completing [...] Slaying a patrolling monster in the Imperial City streets"

Do you mean any old wandering monster? There are a few that patrol back and forth along the streets, that are killable by a single player.

Or do you mean those giant, mini-boss guys who walk around the center and you pretty much need a group to take down? (Unless you're one of those fast-reflex players that solos vet dungeons, which some folks are but no one I know personally.)

I'm hoping you mean the former, because if you mean the latter then that makes these Indrik event tickets *way* more of a pain for us solo/questing-type players to get than any of the previous tickets.
    Censored
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "[...] you can earn new Event Tickets by completing [...] Slaying a patrolling monster in the Imperial City streets"

Do you mean any old wandering monster? There are a few that patrol back and forth along the streets, that are killable by a single player.

Or do you mean those giant, mini-boss guys who walk around the center and you pretty much need a group to take down? (Unless you're one of those fast-reflex players that solos vet dungeons, which some folks are but no one I know personally.)

I'm hoping you mean the former, because if you mean the latter then that makes these Indrik event tickets *way* more of a pain for us solo/questing-type players to get than any of the previous tickets.

Agreed.

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Can we please get clarification on the meaning of "Slaying a patrolling monster in the Imperial City streets or mini-boss within the Imperial City sewers", please?

The wording was changed from the PTS, which said, "Slay a patrolling boss monster within Imperial City or its Sewers" and now its very unclear.

Are patrolling monsters "any daedric mob in the districts" or does it refer specifically to the Patrolling Horrors in the achievement "Horror of Horrors" and "Midyear Horror"?

Are mini-bosses within the Imperial City Sewers "any mini-boss daedra in the sewers", or the bosses marked with the crossed swords in specific locations like Wadracki or General Nazenaechar, or the patrolling Coldharbor Elite Guard bosses referenced in the Achievement "Xivkyn's Bane"?

I'm working on a guide for the event, and its really rather important to know which enemies we have to fight if we want to get our 2 Event tickets from the actual Imperial City.

Edited: I'm sorry, I forget to say thanks. So, thank you for your consideration!
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 3, 2019 4:02PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings on being able to buy the Soul Shriven skin with tickets, On the one hand I've lived in IC since it's release, and Still don't have it so like the ability to finally be able to buy it. On the other i feel like if i were to get it now it wouldn't sell well because it's going to be buyable.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In addition to Indrik berries and feathers, the Impresario will also trade the following items for Event Tickets:

A selection of Imperial- and Daedric-themed Furnishings
    The Stonefire Scamp pet
    The Soul-Shriven skin"

after maelstrom weapons stiles pages we have soul-shriven skin for sale...

what's next? hof skin for 8 tickets? vcr skin for 12?
    PC-EU
  • warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Do you have to buy the base Imperial for the Collector's upgrade in the crown store? There's no bundle or anything listed.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Mixed feelings on being able to buy the Soul Shriven skin with tickets, On the one hand I've lived in IC since it's release, and Still don't have it so like the ability to finally be able to buy it. On the other i feel like if i were to get it now it wouldn't sell well because it's going to be buyable.

yeah, like any other item which had some value, its worthless from now on. i sold last week my 2 for 800k, which i had from last event. i wanted to keep it but when i heard they will sell it i know they are worthless afterwards.
  • tajlund_ESO

Here for this exact same question/issue. Hoping it's any patrolling monster because the other is kind of insance considering what it takes to get the tickets on the other events.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here for this exact same question/issue. Hoping it's any patrolling monster because the other is kind of insance considering what it takes to get the tickets on the other events.

Not really. Even if its the hardest option, the Patrolling Horrors and Coldharbor Elite Guard are basically somewhat harder than a base game World Boss, but not as hard as a DLC WB, and we've had numerous events that asked us to kill both types of world bosses.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or are we talking about the Coldharbor Elite Guard, the patrolling sewer generals with flags on their back?

Because the Coldharbor Elite Guard is a much better match for the Patrolling Horrors of the Districts. The marked minibosses are a lot easier.

Marked mini bosses will also be gank central. You'll likely need a group for whichever of the three paths you choose.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fun! The one and only DLC dungeons I kind of like are the ones from this pack. I almost thought about getting the DLC pack, but glad I waited! Now it's free! Woot!

Even better, I might actually be able to complete some sets from these dungeons. And I might actually try both of these on vet. It's time. I'm sure I can do it, it just hasn't been on my list of priorities.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Marked mini bosses will also be gank central. You'll likely need a group for whichever of the three paths you choose.

Agreed, for good or bad all the options will likely require a group or at least the desire to tag along with others in IC zone doing the same thing. This may be enough encouragement to get people into IC that otherwise wouldn't go even if there were an event and if people really, really want to avoid pvp, the option to run the dungeons on normal is there as well.

• Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »
    "In addition to Indrik berries and feathers, the Impresario will also trade the following items for Event Tickets:

A selection of Imperial- and Daedric-themed Furnishings
    The Stonefire Scamp pet
    The Soul-Shriven skin"

after maelstrom weapons stiles pages we have soul-shriven skin for sale...

what's next? hof skin for 8 tickets? vcr skin for 12?

While I feel bad for having forked out the gold to buy the skin last year and it's now practically for free, getting 12 tickets is still far, far easier than getting 11 people to run a trial :P

Oh and the yellow factotum poly. I have the silver one and never use it but for completion's sake would be nice having both.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    In the article word is do one of the activities each day. When is the reset time for that? Does it reset with the dailies like last events did? Does it reset after 20 hours like riding lessons do and I think like Witch's festival did? Does it reset after 24 hours? And if it's one if the last two things, do we have to track our timer ourselves and try to log in and kill at the exact same time every day or will there be a timer provided?
    Metal forever \m/
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

With this dlc being free will the guilds and glory 4 pack be discounted accordingly? Or will the dlcs change?
  • tajlund_ESO

Not really. Even if its the hardest option, the Patrolling Horrors and Coldharbor Elite Guard are basically somewhat harder than a base game World Boss, but not as hard as a DLC WB, and we've had numerous events that asked us to kill both types of world bosses.

I've gotten lucky so far. I'm just trying to finish evolving my Indrik so I haven't had to deal with anything particularly challenging for tickets. Just a 50 year old that loves Elder Scrolls (not as much an MMO fan) and plays PVE and needs to finish my Onyx berrries.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double drops from bosses, including dungeons; does this mean double drop of monster helmets when we kill the final boss on Vet?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the Siegemaster costume that was on the PTS? Last we heard of it, Gina said it would only be available for the IC event, and now we have the IC event, and no mentioning of the costume.

I think you have mixed up something here, seeing as the Siegemaster -helm- is available constantly from the IC, so it would be pretty weird to make the Siegemaster -costume- available for a short time only.
    Maybe you simply forgot to make the costume available year round as well?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We made some adjustments to these with Elsweyr launch. Are you still seeing issues with them?
    • Treasure scamps now spawn more frequently.
    • Adjusted the pathing of various treasure scamps so they will no longer disappear when moving from point to point.
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    4. Does "Double drops from bosses" include the Molag Bal sewer event, like in previous IC anniversaries? I'm thinking more of double hakeijo drops rather than just telvar, frags, or the skin/pet (which were already mentioned).
    1. Yes, we are planning on opening more campaigns during this event.
    2. For 2 & 3, yes Tel Var should be doubled for quest rewards too.
    3. While the drops are increased, the number of Hakeijo runes is not doubled.

This refers to the patrolling horrors or Xivkyn elite.
    Staff Post
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a list of items that's going to be sold
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 4, 2019 1:47PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

This is the thread with Gina's reply regarding the Siegemaster costume. As others have noted as well, it seems strange to have this costume as limited time for a few days, when it requires to many dailies to make, plus the helmet that matches is available year round. Could you maybe look into this?