Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get the Imperial City DLC Free & Earn Bonus Reward"

• wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really?: the whole dlc? for free? no catch involved?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

This is the thread with Gina's reply regarding the Siegemaster costume. As others have noted as well, it seems strange to have this costume as limited time for a few days, when it requires to many dailies to make, plus the helmet that matches is available year round. Could you maybe look into this?

Apologies for the confusion. While the costume will start becoming available during the event, you will be able to earn it indefinitely.

Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious question: are the scamps ever going to be fixed? DC's rarely spawn, EP's don't appear on their full route (and a few dont take damage), pretty sure at least 1 of AD's are bugged too. I'm still *(after 4 years!) missing the Trove and Treasure scamp achievements, as I only see them when I'm in AD or EP territory (why does everything suck for DC?)

We made some adjustments to these with Elsweyr launch. Are you still seeing issues with them?
    • Treasure scamps now spawn more frequently.
    • Adjusted the pathing of various treasure scamps so they will no longer disappear when moving from point to point.
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    1. will ZoS open some extra temporary "campaigns" for IC during the event, if IC becomes pop-locked?
    2. will daily repeatable quest rewards be double drops, at least for the tel var portion of the Siege merchant lockbox and any other dailies turned in?
    3. Will there be double quest rewards, like during previous IC events, at least for the tel var portion? (For people doing the questline for the first time, you used to get double the usual "hefty" tel var packages during the event.)
    4. Does "Double drops from bosses" include the Molag Bal sewer event, like in previous IC anniversaries? I'm thinking more of double hakeijo drops rather than just telvar, frags, or the skin/pet (which were already mentioned).
    1. Yes, we are planning on opening more campaigns during this event.
    2. For 2 & 3, yes Tel Var should be doubled for quest rewards too.
    3. While the drops are increased, the number of Hakeijo runes is not doubled.
    "[...] you can earn new Event Tickets by completing [...] Slaying a patrolling monster in the Imperial City streets"

Do you mean any old wandering monster? There are a few that patrol back and forth along the streets, that are killable by a single player.
    This refers to the patrolling horrors or Xivkyn elite.

Thank you for letting us know!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Siege of Cyrodiil Merits be doubled as part of the quest rewards during the event or will we still be limited to one per day per account?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

This is the thread with Gina's reply regarding the Siegemaster costume. As others have noted as well, it seems strange to have this costume as limited time for a few days, when it requires to many dailies to make, plus the helmet that matches is available year round. Could you maybe look into this?

Apologies for the confusion. While the costume will start becoming available during the event, you will be able to earn it indefinitely.

Thanks for the reply, good news then!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serious question: are the scamps ever going to be fixed? DC's rarely spawn, EP's don't appear on their full route (and a few dont take damage), pretty sure at least 1 of AD's are bugged too. I'm still *(after 4 years!) missing the Trove and Treasure scamp achievements, as I only see them when I'm in AD or EP territory (why does everything suck for DC?)

We made some adjustments to these with Elsweyr launch. Are you still seeing issues with them?
    • Adjusted the pathing of various treasure scamps so they will no longer disappear when moving from point to point.

Thanks @ZOS_SarahHecker I'm seeing scamps more but still issues. There is at least 1 scamp in EP territory that will take damage to 50% of it's health but no more. It warps away, does not appear at the next point, then reappaears at the farthest point only takes 50% damage wash rinse repeat.

I have seen 1 scamp near the DC base... it appears and immediately warps away, no time to get damage in. So the changes did help, I'm actually seeing scamps now, but they are far from consistent.

The scamps I have seen in AD worked properly.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    "[...] you can earn new Event Tickets by completing [...] Slaying a patrolling monster in the Imperial City streets"

Do you mean any old wandering monster? There are a few that patrol back and forth along the streets, that are killable by a single player.
    This refers to the patrolling horrors or Xivkyn elite.

So, basically the wandering mini-boss things that need a group to take down. Sigh.

Thanks for the answer.

Censored
  • warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

I think my question was overlooked. There's no Imperial Collector's Edition in the Crown Store. Does this mean we have to pay for the base one first even if we're on the subscription?
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

I think my question was overlooked. There's no Imperial Collector's Edition in the Crown Store. Does this mean we have to pay for the base one first even if we're on the subscription?

The event and sale has not started yet.
    Try again, tomorrow, September 5th, after 10 AM EST.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

The event and sale has not started yet.
    Try again, tomorrow, September 5th, after 10 AM EST.

Oops!!! Thanks for that.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen 1 scamp near the DC base... it appears and immediately warps away, no time to get damage in. So the changes did help, I'm actually seeing scamps now, but they are far from consistent.

The scamp spawn in the first big room of the Lambent Sewers close to the DC base worked fine for me when I noticed it three times recently. It DOES have a VERY short travel distance to its first portal point, then a second VERY short distance before its second and final portal point, but it is possible to kill if you make sure to interrupt it and have enough dps. Lots of luck required to notice it at exactly the right time though. (I have no recent experience about the scamps in other parts of the sewers tho.)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The scamp spawn in the first big room of the Lambent Sewers close to the DC base worked fine for me when I noticed it three times recently. It DOES have a VERY short travel distance to its first portal point, then a second VERY short distance before its second and final portal point, but it is possible to kill if you make sure to interrupt it and have enough dps. Lots of luck required to notice it at exactly the right time though. (I have no recent experience about the scamps in other parts of the sewers tho.)

The scamps in the rest of the sewers hop around at least half the room for a good 30 seconds. So if you *just* entered the room on the opposite side you could still get over there to interrupt before it ports. The one in DC... yeah, if you're not right on top of it you have no hope.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Could you please tell us when the reset time for the tickets will be/how the reset time works?
    Does it reset at a special time for everyone the same or does it reset according to the kill with tickets received for everyone differently? Because depending on this some tickets could be lost.
    Metal forever \m/
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg- I’ve never seen so many needy people in my life. Read the article! I mean there’s hand holding but jeez. How you all make it thru a day must be an accomplishment
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t agree with the soul shriven skin being available for vouchers. I earnt mine last year or before took two weeks then at the centre event to get it lots of scamps before finally getting it , felt like a major accomplishment, now it has cheapened it . :s
    Edited by LordLomax on September 5, 2019 6:37PM
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    I don’t agree with the soul shriven skin being available for vouchers. I earnt mine last year or before took two weeks then at the centre event to get it lots of scamps before finally getting it , felt like a major accomplishment, now it has cheapened it . :s

agree, it was maybe the last thing in the game which had a little value.
    EVERYTHING else got worthless after a short time because its in the shop or included in events like motif of scalecaller etc which is a page at 1000 gold now?
    i was proud of mine too, i also farmed it in the last event about 2 weeks, 15 hour each day and i got 3 or 4. Luckily i put them into store last week and sold immediately. No sense to keep it as treasure any more, worthless now (and i dont mean the value of gold).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its a good response to an enduring problem of RNG - as many people as you want can fight Molag Bal's simulacrum, but only 12 players get loot.
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    No reward box with Tel Var and merits until event?
    https://imgur.com/OK5G4Zw
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    I killed a mini-boss in the sewers but I didn't get my tickets.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    iRaivyne wrote: »
    I killed a mini-boss in the sewers but I didn't get my tickets.

This may or not may not apply to your situation, but be sure to loot the boss after you kill them. Despite the wording in the event description, you don't actually get the tickets for slaying the boss, not until you loot them.

I'd seen people saying this in zone chat, and I made a point of testing it this morning. Before boss kill: 6 tickets. After boss kill: 6 tickets. After looting boss: 8 tickets.

I don't know what happens if you don't loot them and then kill another boss later. Would you get the tickets by looting the later boss, or are they only available with your first kill and you will have missed your only chance by not looting that first one? I'd test this too, but I'm not willing to risk losing the tickets, not even For Science.
    Censored
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was doing Bal and didn't get loot (because of too many ppl), so no tickets. Killed a Miniboss after and got tickets, because I got loot. On the other hand, a friend had twelve tickets, killed a boss (got loot, but no tickets due to full tickets), bought feather after it, killed another boss and didn't get tickets either, so I think, as long as you get loot, that yes, those tickets are bound to the first slain boss. It's dumb, a an enemy could kill you before you are able to claim the loot, meaning your tickets might be lost.
    Edited by ValkyriesWolf on September 7, 2019 11:06PM
    Metal forever \m/
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was doing Bal and didn't get loot (because of too many ppl), so no tickets. Killed a Miniboss after and got tickets, because I got loot. On the other hand, a friend had twelve tickets, killed a boss (got loot, but no tickets due to full tickets), bought feather after it, killed another boss and didn't get tickets either, so I think, as long as you get loot, that yes, those tickets are bound to the first slain boss. It's dumb, a an enemy could kill you before you are able to claim the loot, meaning your tickets might be lost.

Those are enlightening scenarios. I'd hoped that it wasn't that problematic... but then, I hope a lot of things. Can't say I'm surprised at the reality.

Really makes you miss the event where you get your tickets by tossing flower petals on NPCs. Simple, cheerful, fun, and no risk of getting ganked.
    Censored
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are enlightening scenarios. I'd hoped that it wasn't that problematic... but then, I hope a lot of things. Can't say I'm surprised at the reality.

Really makes you miss the event where you get your tickets by tossing flower petals on NPCs. Simple, cheerful, fun, and no risk of getting ganked.

You can also run the two IC dungeons if you really want to avoid getting ganked.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭

You can also run the two IC dungeons if you really want to avoid getting ganked.

Hahahahahahahaha! <wipes tears from eyes> Good one! ;)

Censored
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely looted the boss and I was the only one there. 0 tickets.
    Edited by iRaivyne on September 7, 2019 11:26PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahahahahahahaha! <wipes tears from eyes> Good one! ;)

Heh, its not as simple as chucking flowers on NPCs, that's for sure.

I just mention it because I know some players who would rather run harder PVE content that set one foot in the PVP zone.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, its not as simple as chucking flowers on NPCs, that's for sure.

I just mention it because I know some players who would rather run harder PVE content that set one foot in the PVP zone.

Quite true. I've done both on occasion, even enjoyed them up to a point, but I'm more a flower-chucker by nature. (Which sounds like some kind of euphemistic slur but hey, if the sandal fits....)

Censored
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think its a good response to an enduring problem of RNG - as many people as you want can fight Molag Bal's simulacrum, but only 12 players get loot.

Agreed! And the problem for some players is not that the skin can be purchased for event tickets rather than earning it the hard way (i.e. being blessed by the RNG gods), but that they can no longer sell their duplicates for tons of gold. The players that "earned" the skin and sell any duplicates certainly don't care that the buyer didn't "earn" it. They only care that they now can no longer sell it for a lot of gold. After all, there are players out there with the skin before the event that didn't "earn" it - they bought it from other players. Now, they can also buy it for event tickets.

I'm glad I read about this event on the PTS and saved my tickets from the Orsinium event rather than buying my fourth feather for my fourth nascent indrik. I was able to buy this event's berry and have 2 tickets to start with for the next event. Shouldn't have any problems getting 18 tickets for the fourth berry and the indrik pet. Usually, we get about 24 tickets per event. I've only missed a handful of tickets since they started last fall, so I'm in pretty good shape and glad that I can safely avoid this event.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so you are giving me something i paid 4 years ago and you call this gift?
    how about fix your game which i pay you and stop bs us
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA