Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation / Runebox: Siegemaster's Costume not in game yet?

protofeckless
protofeckless
✭✭✭
Not seeing this at the Tel Var General Merchant today. Am I missing something?
New Collectibles
This update features a number of new collectibles you can obtain through various means:
Siegemaster Costume: Obtained by consuming a “Runebox: Siegemaster's Costume”.
This Runebox is obtained by using a Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation, which consumes 50 Siege of Cyrodiil Merits.
The Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation can be purchased from Tel Var General Merchants for 1,000 Tel Var, and the Siege of Cyrodiil Merits are obtained from completing Imperial City Daily Quests.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be at the wrong vendor. Is it not the one at the gate?
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Apologies for the confusion. The Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation is only available during the Imperial City Celebration; that note was a remnant from when we had the event available for testing while on the PTS, and has been removed from the Live patch notes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    TY Gina.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for the confusion. The Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation is only available during the Imperial City Celebration; that note was a remnant from when we had the event available for testing while on the PTS, and has been removed from the Live patch notes.

Seeing as this seems to be a common reoccurring thing now (Meridia style last week) do you think ZOS could get people that could either do their job correctly or you guys just could lie better? The siege costume has been in the PTS for months with 0 mention of it being event only even just to test.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭

It seems odd to me that something requiring 50 merits would only be available for a short time.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »

It seems odd to me that something requiring 50 merits would only be available for a short time.

I agree 100%

How many average players do you think know about the costume and are going to have that farmed up? Also does this mean we're going to have to stock up on the recommendations to use during the event so that we can farm up the merits year round? None of that really makes sense

Gina's answer just leaves us with more questions
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno :

Is it possible to explain more about the Siegemaster's Costume, the 50 needed Merits and the Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation? Or can you tell us when we will get such an explanation?

Right now it sounds like we need 50 days to gather the 50 needed Merits for the costume, but the Siege of Cyrodiil Recommendation is only available in the time span of the imperial city event, which is once a year for... lets say 10 days.

Or did we get it wrong and it will be introduced during the event, and from then on be available?
    PC/EU
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be introduced, and stay indefinitely after the event. I have more than 50 siege merits, and similarly to Cyrodiil gladiator rewards, you can only get one guaranteed in every 20 hours. Waiting on that datamined gladiator horse too, it will be great cash to sell on day 1.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this, missed it and i was running off PTS notes. Annoying as just had 50 stashed, hope price stays same for the event.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP