Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedric Protection - sorcerer passive - long time overdue

boaz733
boaz733
✭✭✭
please take it out of "Daedric Summoning" tree and replace with "Capacitor" passive from the "Storm Calling" tree, there is literally just 1 skill for the stam sorc on that tree and it's not worth slotting , or just remove the requirement to have a skill slotted in order to get passive, stam sorc is in such a bad spot anyway , nobody is playing it anymore.
magika sorc are so strong atm in comparison, and they get their passives for free, it doesn't make sense.
stam sorc will still be an underdog even after this change , but come on... give us some breathing room.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be in the Combat & Character Mechanics forums where it will get better exposure.

In PTS, we evaluate actual game changes made by ZOS ... not proposed changes by players.

My comments above are not a judgement on the idea itself.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 28, 2019 8:31PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not opposed to the idea, but pretty sure stam sorc is the highest PVE DPS right now. Everyone just plays stamcro because of the Major Vuln.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody plays stamsorc? the top pve dps?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PC_jM5S0iE

Looks like Liko just double bars Bound Armaments.

Edit: Also double bars Barbed Trap. That means only 5 DoTs to manage + a spammable. Looks like one of the easiest dynamic rotations I've seen TBH.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 30, 2019 6:56PM
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao, "magorcs are so strong" shows just how little you understand the game at the moment. If you think magsorcs are so strong I welcome you to try playing it. As if solo carry isn't currently ruled by stam classes in BGs too. Stamsorc tends to fluctuate with the weapon tree a tad bit more I dare say than the typical stam classes. Right now dizzy swing is literally in a top tier state as a spammable you just double cast into an execute. Combine that with stamsorc's utility and speed..... yeah don't you see a lot of magsorcs rerolling stamsorc?

As for the PVE side of things well the guys on top already cleared that up for you ^ top PVE DPS apart from stamcro in organized groups.

Oh, one last thing, if you run charged atro ultimate you also get the bonus. I guess that is another option?
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    lmao, "magorcs are so strong" shows just how little you understand the game at the moment. If you think magsorcs are so strong I welcome you to try playing it. As if solo carry isn't currently ruled by stam classes in BGs too. Stamsorc tends to fluctuate with the weapon tree a tad bit more I dare say than the typical stam classes. Right now dizzy swing is literally in a top tier state as a spammable you just double cast into an execute. Combine that with stamsorc's utility and speed..... yeah don't you see a lot of magsorcs rerolling stamsorc?

As for the PVE side of things well the guys on top already cleared that up for you ^ top PVE DPS apart from stamcro in organized groups.

Oh, one last thing, if you run charged atro ultimate you also get the bonus. I guess that is another option?

Atronach doesn't scale with physical penetration or weapon crit rating so its rather bad on most stamsorc builds. The point the op here is making is that Stamsorc has barely any access to its skills or passives which leaves the class feeling rather bland.

I am also pretty sure he means the PvP side of stamsorc and not PvE.

Edit: Also double bars Barbed Trap. That means only 5 DoTs to manage + a spammable. Looks like one of the easiest dynamic rotations I've seen TBH.

Running bound armaments on both bars in PvP means you will have no room for more important skills like vigor, shuffle, streak etc while still having dps skills. It just doesn't work and the buff gained from armaments adds barely any damage there since in PvP you wont be landing constant light attacks on a stationary target.
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »
    Atronach doesn't scale with physical penetration or weapon crit rating so its rather bad on most stamsorc builds. The point the op here is making is that Stamsorc has barely any access to its skills or passives which leaves the class feeling rather bland.

Atro is good on stamsorc, it's their highest damage ultimate, even more so when the synergy is activated
    PC EU
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »
    Burtan wrote: »

Atro is good on stamsorc, it's their highest damage ultimate, even more so when the synergy is activated

This is incorrect. In PvP this ultimate performs considerably worse than Dawnbreaker or Onslaught and the synergy is useless unless you play in an organised group. If you build around penetration which is a strong stat in PvP you will also lose a lot of damage on this ultimate because it wont scale with physical penetration just like negate and overload.

Yes, its the highest damage ultimate from the Stamsorc class kit but that's because ultimates within the Stamsorc class kit are lacking.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk stamsorcs pretty strong tbh - not that im against buffs for my favorite stam class.

But no bar space? I admittedly take armaments off sometimes, but its usually not long before i reslot it, both pvp and pve.

Regardless of weapons bars are pretty easy and no more cramped than any other spec.

Bar 1: Hurricane, surge, armaments

Bar 2: Vigor, dark deal, armaments

Slot a dot, a gapcloser/silver leash, execute, and either another dot, a spammable, utility skill...

If you need more than 4 damage skills+ults your doing it wrong
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldnt need all Surge + Vigor + Dark Deal unless expecting loads of damage incoming.

Usually you will slot 2 bow skills plus barbed arrow and 2 utility/heals skills on backbar (2 among hurricane/surge/vigor). Mainbar will have Armaments and 4 damage skills: soultrap, rapid strikes, rending lashes, and one up to you. Ofc you can move barbed to frontbar and leave 1 spot for Vigor or Armaments on backbar.

The setups are diverse, depending if you can trust on your healers or not ;).
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with stam sorc at the moment. Alright bound armor needs a re design because slotting a skill for its passives with limited bar space is bad design and it's annoying having completely useless passives, but I love the utility skills available (streak, dark deal, hurricane, surge) coupled with actually weapon skills to use from four different skill trees as it gives great variety.

Probably the only thing really missing is a viable class ultimate, like a physical atronach as that would be a great back bar option instead of the generic direct damage ults which are already great.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with stam sorc at the moment. Alright bound armor needs a re design because slotting a skill for its passives with limited bar space is bad design and it's annoying having completely useless passives, but I love the utility skills available (streak, dark deal, hurricane, surge) coupled with actually weapon skills to use from four different skill trees as it gives great variety.

Probably the only thing really missing is a viable class ultimate, like a physical atronach as that would be a great back bar option instead of the generic direct damage ults which are already great.

Stam sorc needs some identity love. Oh, and bring some groups utility. Right now is close to zero in that department. Ive seen stamsorcs slotting Circle of Protection due that. This could/should be solved by changing some class skill.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy can reach 40k dps on naked character, therefore its not a valid compare.
    Also the OP talking about PVP, not PVE.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."