Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

% Based DOT Mitigation Passive

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Given the constant over performance of DOT abilities which are made even better with the abysmal server performance, when is ZOS going to introduce a passive (like major evasion does for AOE abilities) for DOT mitigation? Are they going to even out the playing field or is % DOT mitigation something hidden behind a pay wall available only to Necro players?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already stated their formula and standardization for ability damage type/cost is not perfect and they would monitor game performance over time. Dot damage being higher is a result of many abilities being brought in to line, they're aware of the issues the changes brought and I expect the total damage of single target dots will be brought slightly down.

Read the Q and A + the U23 combat direction posts. I expect the 33% less aoe damage vs single target skills will be adjusted to something like 20-25%, but that's about it for now.

I doubt we will ever see a dot mitigation ability.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thick skinned cp passive already does that. As far as no cp goes, ouch!

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the class skill rework gives every class their own cleanse options.

Templar and Warden have theirs.

Maybe Nightblade can get one that transfers negative from NB to an enemy.

Maybe Sorcerer can get one where pets absorb negative effects unto themselves.

Stuff like that.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    maim, protection, crit resists, and stackable percentage are more valuable this patch.

Problem is, some of them are subtraction against vulnerabilities, so most encounters make your defenses -8% across most builds. This means your list now becomes maim/crit resists if you want more bang for your buck.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Cp
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

It seems like obvious, but ok... In CP reasonable amount of points are spent on this perk (thick skinned) by default, in 99% of builds, both PVP and PVE. All it does - it offsets investment into traumauturge CP by your enemy, which will be most certainly done if he runs dot build.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cp

It seems like obvious, but ok... In CP reasonable amount of points are spent on this perk (thick skinned) by default, in 99% of builds, both PVP and PVE. All it does - it offsets investment into traumauturge CP by your enemy, which will be most certainly done if he runs dot build.

Unfortunately that's all we have at this time other than stacking hot's to help counter it. Hopefully they will come to their senses next patch and lower the dots a little, but in the meantime it looks like we are stuck with them for 3 months.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp

CP, %protections. Purges, stacked HoTs.

• BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not seeing the issue with DoT damage. If I die to someone that placed 3 DoTs on me, it's due to me not keeping buffs/debuffs up and/or playing poorly while he applied the DoTs.

The real issue is the ease of application of entropy and soul trap. They need a better visual indicator and some type of projectile attached.

The counter to DoT spam and is a HoT. Most will do the job just fine. If a players DoTs are doing extremely high amounts of damage, they are built for damage and are lacking in something else, be that sustain or defense. Exploit that fact.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already stated their formula and standardization for ability damage type/cost is not perfect and they would monitor game performance over time. Dot damage being higher is a result of many abilities being brought in to line, they're aware of the issues the changes brought and I expect the total damage of single target dots will be brought slightly down.

Read the Q and A + the U23 combat direction posts. I expect the 33% less aoe damage vs single target skills will be adjusted to something like 20-25%, but that's about it for now.

I doubt we will ever see a dot mitigation ability.

yeah... right cause said so... riiiight....
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are just going to tone down DoT damage.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone Tyrant on necromancer has a built in passive that reduces DoT damage by 10% when a bone tyrant skill is active. I just use beckoning armor for it
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or we could just, you know, adjust Entropy because it’s *** up strong. It’s the strongest single target dot in PvP providing major sorcery, a heal, and 2% max mag and mag recovery. Soul trap needs a bit of toning down as well. Or make it some kind of melee skill.

This would be much more simple than adding a whole new type of mitigation.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Or we could just, you know, adjust Entropy because it’s *** up strong. It’s the strongest single target dot in PvP providing major sorcery, a heal, and 2% max mag and mag recovery. Soul trap needs a bit of toning down as well. Or make it some kind of melee skill.

Soul trap and entropy deal the same dps. Almost all single target DoTs deal the same dps, without additional passives considered. Passives are a separate discussion.

Any direct damage from application of the DoT is accounted for in the total dps. For example, DoT A deals 10k damage over 10s, 1k dps. DoT B deals 2k damage then 8k over 10s, which still yields 1k dps but the DoT ticks for 800 instead of 1k.

DoTs deal damage now. That's a good thing. Before, the pressure from DoTs was an after thought for pvp. Now they are a legitimate damage source, but burst is still king. A pure burst bulld will beat a pure dot build in a straight fight. Zerg busting still requires burst. If one can survive the. we DoT pressure, one should adapt their build or playstyle.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuff like that.

There already is a Purge available to any class.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

Stuff like that.

Available? Yes, but hardly of any practical use outside of ball groups.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuff like that.

I see no problem with that, PVP wasnt meant to be played solo. Campaigns are a big team battle and BG is a team battle.. there is no solo PVP mode therefore the application for the purge is perfectly fine.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭

Available? Yes, but hardly of any practical use outside of ball groups.[/quote]

I see no problem with that, PVP wasnt meant to be played solo. Campaigns are a big team battle and BG is a team battle.. there is no solo PVP mode therefore the application for the purge is perfectly fine.[/quote]

lmao, PVP isn't made to be played solo. I see. I see. Taking notes on what zerg groups do. You realize theres a "solo" queue for a reason right? If you can't even balance individual players you think players as a group would be balanced? Assault/Support lines tend to have skills that can provide you more utility and value WHEN playing as a group. This doesn't mean you HAVE to play PVP in a group. Doing that will only kill the PVP playerbase as it tries to force people to group up and work with idiots that think PVP and purge are both fine cause just "group up" and get someone to "purge".

Truly, Purge as a skill is not very practical for most players and ZOS really needs to step up some extra debuff removal on the skills of other classes that don't have it nearly as readily available as templars/necros.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    This games combat is balanced around group play. It's hard to argue against that. ZoS does ensure that solo players can play effectively, however.

That said, all classes, stam and mag, have soft counter options against the current DoTs solo. You just have to sacrifice bar space and change playstyle to utilize them effectively.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who needs dots when you can dizzy dawnbreaker execute. Oh wait, magicka needs dots cuz doesn't have anything else!
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    who needs dots when you can dizzy dawnbreaker execute. Oh wait, magicka needs dots cuz doesn't have anything else!

I got Fossilize whip whip leap. AND the dots. Thanks ZOS!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Soul trap and entropy deal the same dps. Almost all single target DoTs deal the same dps, without additional passives considered. Passives are a separate discussion.

Any direct damage from application of the DoT is accounted for in the total dps. For example, DoT A deals 10k damage over 10s, 1k dps. DoT B deals 2k damage then 8k over 10s, which still yields 1k dps but the DoT ticks for 800 instead of 1k.

DoTs deal damage now. That's a good thing. Before, the pressure from DoTs was an after thought for pvp. Now they are a legitimate damage source, but burst is still king. A pure burst bulld will beat a pure dot build in a straight fight. Zerg busting still requires burst. If one can survive the. we DoT pressure, one should adapt their build or playstyle.

But he meant entropy is the strongest singe target DoT because of what it gives you: a strong dps, a strong buff, a HoT/magicka recover buff, and the Mages Guild pasives that include extra magicka/magicka recover and empower. No other skill in the game gives does that for less than 3K magicka.

Not including the passives in the discussion is wrong, otherwise ZoS should make stone fist a stamina based spammable for DKs
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

I see no problem with that, PVP wasnt meant to be played solo. Campaigns are a big team battle and BG is a team battle.. there is no solo PVP mode therefore the application for the purge is perfectly fine.[/quote]

lmao, PVP isn't made to be played solo. I see. I see. Taking notes on what zerg groups do. You realize theres a "solo" queue for a reason right? If you can't even balance individual players you think players as a group would be balanced? Assault/Support lines tend to have skills that can provide you more utility and value WHEN playing as a group. This doesn't mean you HAVE to play PVP in a group. Doing that will only kill the PVP playerbase as it tries to force people to group up and work with idiots that think PVP and purge are both fine cause just "group up" and get someone to "purge".

Truly, Purge as a skill is not very practical for most players and ZOS really needs to step up some extra debuff removal on the skills of other classes that don't have it nearly as readily available as templars/necros.[/quote]

You can solo que for dungeons, that doesn't mean the activity was meant to solo.

Give your head a shake.