Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whereabouts of Yagrum Bagarn

ExoArchivist
As far as I know there's no concrete canon answer for this, but I'm curious to hear some speculation. We know that at some point prior to the events of Morrowind (3E 427) Yagrum Bagarn is in Vvardenfell, contracts corprus, and comes into the care of Divayth Fyr.

If I recall correctly, Bagarn claims he did not disappear with the rest of the Dwemer because he was "not currently present on Nirn" or something along those lines. As far as I'm aware, Bagarn is not in ESO at all, but I don't know if he's mentioned or not.

I'm curious what wild theories people might have on the whereabouts of the last known living Dwemer during the events of ESO, some 700-800 years (if my math checks out, which it may not) before he's encountered in Morrowind.
...the ending of the words is ALMSIVI
XB1 EU - ExoArchivist
  • Zaidantis - Dunmer - Stamblade DD
  • Haj-Glin - Argonian - Warden Healer
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lost in the stacks of books in Apocrypha ;)

Or some other plane of Oblivion...
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ExoArchivist
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's scribbling notes and commentary and corrections in various books all across Apocrypha.
    ...the ending of the words is ALMSIVI
    XB1 EU - ExoArchivist
    • Zaidantis - Dunmer - Stamblade DD
    • Haj-Glin - Argonian - Warden Healer
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He as yet to come back from whereever he is outside of tamriel or he is in a currently inaccessible zone
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine he would probably be at the battlespire if it's even built yet saying there really is no date recorded when it was created or somewhere studying because he was basically kagrenac's apprentice I don't see him being in any aedric or daedric plane especially alone that seems to dangerous.
    Edited by Aideian on September 23, 2019 10:33PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ExoArchivist, @Dark_Lord_Kuro - guys, thank you both! You've inspired me to make some research and make a new thread in General section here so someone might help us sometimes.
    He as yet to come back from whereever he is outside of tamriel or he is in a currently inaccessible zone
    I guess this is the most insightful idea stated here. I don't think he's outside of Tamriel, but yes, he might be in a currently inaccessible area. Thank you!

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since corprus was created by Dagoth Ur, who was contemporary with the Tribunal, he could have been infected at the time of ESO. Indeed, it is probably necessary for him to have it, in order to live as long as he does. So I'd expect him to be already at the corprusarium, which is not shown in ESO, even though Tel Fyr is.

• Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Since corprus was created by Dagoth Ur, who was contemporary with the Tribunal, he could have been infected at the time of ESO. Indeed, it is probably necessary for him to have it, in order to live as long as he does. So I'd expect him to be already at the corprusarium, which is not shown in ESO, even though Tel Fyr is.

The Corprusarium is not built yet. Dagoth Ur is going to reawaken in about 300 years only in 2E 882. Thus Yagrum Bagarn must be somewhere around in his natural form or, speaking of the game mechanics, in form I've mentioned in the very first post. His lifespan is still unexplained though even by himself in TES III - he just stated that he had been alive all those years without any reference to the Dagoth Ur's interference.
  • Lenithriel
    Lenithriel
    ✭✭
    As has already been mentioned, he doesn't have corpus yet, as Dagoth Ur doesn't create that for another few hundred years when he wakes back up. So the average life span of a Dwemer must be pretty long, unless he has some magical way to expand his life expectancy, as do Telvanni wizards. Yagrum is out there somewhere, wandering either Tamriel or the planes of Oblivion or who knows where else. He doesn't give us a lot of info as to where he was, or when exactly he came back from Oblivion when we talk to him in the Corprusarium. So it is quite possible that we could come across him at some point in ESO, maybe in some plane of Oblivion along the way.