Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild history not loading

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, Gina!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for the update, Gina!
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • MrFuzzyBAM
    MrFuzzyBAM
    Soul Shriven
    Here is some additional details based on some limited testing that I performed last night
    • As reported, all subcategories of the Guild History are impacted: Guild, Bank (Deposits and Withdraws), Sales, Alliance and simple states 'loading data'
    • Deposits and withdraws of GOLD are still accurately reflected in the overall balance despite no visibility into audit log
    • Deposits and withdraws of ITEMS are still accurately reflected in the inventory list despite no visibility into the audit log
    • Audit log for items done while online show up in history within 30 seconds of performing the action. I am unsure if only your own transactions are visible, or all guild members that happen to perform these activities while user is online
    • Logging off to the character selection screen and logging back in does not wipe the history of activities just recently performed.
    • Did not attempt to log complete out of game, but am being told upon logging back in all history is gone again including transactions just performed

I would recommend to all guilds to temporarily have members NOT deposit into GB if audit log is needed for tracking purposes (i.e. raffles, dues, events, etc) and instead have donations sent to a member of the admin team. Additionally, I would recommend temporarily removing the ability to withdraw items/gold from the GB to safeguard your guild from possible temptations to clean out a bank while audit logs are not visible
    Mr FuzzyBAM
    GM of ECribs
    X1 - NA
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Did not attempt to log complete out of game, but am being told upon logging back in all history is gone again including transactions just performed"

This is correct for officers with permissions to promote/demote/kick and view gold balance as well as GMs.

We tried variations of game restart followed by gold and item deposit withdrawals by several players. Logout/relog preserved recent history; restart wipes data.

PS4NA
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since we don't have the tools that players on PC and Mac have, console players who run guilds do a LOT more work. It is now looking like we are going to have to do clean up of this mess like it's a full time job. I pay for the services of a game and yes it's frustrating. I want an ETA.

When this is fixed, it had BETTER be with all the missing data restored. I am not accepting excuses.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »
    Since we don't have the tools that players on PC and Mac have, console players who run guilds do a LOT more work.

Sources?! I promise, we work PLENTY hard. We don't have addons that just *magically* run our guilds.

We've lost the same tools you guys have, many times. We're also usually right here, standing side by side with console GMs, requesting help with/for you.

Don't turn this into a console v PC thing - we're in this together.
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Since we don't have the tools that players on PC and Mac have, console players who run guilds do a LOT more work.

Sources?! I promise, we work PLENTY hard. We don't have addons that just *magically* run our guilds.

We've lost the same tools you guys have, many times. We're also usually right here, standing side by side with console GMs, requesting help with/for you.

They have no favorites they are screwing all of us with all of their not thought though changes!
    Seems like they don’t have a clue nor do they care how any of us do things or how could this have continued to be a problem! I am pretty disgusted by this whole situation

Edited by CynderzLite on August 28, 2019 9:29PM
    PSN ID CynderzLite GM of The Purple Gang NA PS4
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina Bruno!
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    So when is the emergency maintenance tomorrow for the Hotfix on this issue?
    Surely you're not going to let this drag into next week's maintenance or god forbid the next update.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They closed the other thread for not being constructive. Is the plan to just bury it and hope it goes away?
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭

I did no such thing. I have no problems with players on any platform, and I have duly noted when they mess up for any players on any platform.

I was referring to the basic tools you have at your fingertips using a computer, I never mentioned add-ons.

If you are on console, you cannot even copy / paste FROM the xbox to your computer. I can copy / paste from the computer to an xbox via the "Xbox Console Companion". Information has to be researched page by page, and entered into any spreadsheets manually. No matter what, it takes effort to run a guild.

Now if you are on Xbox or Playstation you have nothing, no data, NOTHING! I have not seen THAT happen before for any platform. And for those running trading guilds, it has to be done by dues, not sales quotas. The trading guild I am in has been putting out the word to email their dues with the name of their guild to an officer so they can record it...my gawd thats 4 x 500 players and all done manually...

Don't presume I wanted to turn this into a console v PC thing. I know we are in this together.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    And for those running trading guilds, it has to be done by dues, not sales quotas. The trading guild I am in has been putting out the word to email their dues with the name of their guild to an officer so they can record it...my gawd thats 4 x 500 players and all done manually...

If some member report as gold seller, can't be a permanent ban?
    Edited by ruifeio on August 29, 2019 10:10AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    They closed the other thread for not being constructive. Is the plan to just bury it and hope it goes away?

Wow, indeed they did. Interesting.

ruifeio wrote: »
    And for those running trading guilds, it has to be done by dues, not sales quotas. The trading guild I am in has been putting out the word to email their dues with the name of their guild to an officer so they can record it...my gawd thats 4 x 500 players and all done manually...

Not sure I'm understanding the question.

Since console cannot adequately track sales for individual members (even when the history is working normally), trading guilds cannot set minimum sales quotas for membership like PC can. The ONLY option is relying on donations and auction/raffle income. Or also charging weekly dues, which essentially all the capital traders do.

Prior to this history debacle, the traditional way a member paid their weekly dues was to deposit into the guild bank. Officers patrol the history at set times and promote or demote members based on time paid (there are often ranks representing if someone is paid up for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks). That is how the tracking system traditionally works for dues-charging console trading guilds.

With history now non-functional, that is obviously a major problem. No officers can see if someone has deposited their dues or not, nor can see if someone has recently been demoted or promoted without checking each individual member in the guild roster. So, the only way they can possibly continue to function is to ask members to mail dues to assigned officers, who are having to track it outside of the game via shared spreadsheets or some other manner, who then deposit those dues into the guild bank and promote that member to the accorded rank.

In other words, a total mess and MORE manual labor for GMs and officers.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    ruifeio wrote: »

Not sure I'm understanding the question.

Since console cannot adequately track sales for individual members (even when the history is working normally), trading guilds cannot set minimum sales quotas for membership like PC can. The ONLY option is relying on donations and auction/raffle income. Or also charging weekly dues, which essentially all the capital traders do.

Prior to this history debacle, the traditional way a member paid their weekly dues was to deposit into the guild bank. Officers patrol the history at set times and promote or demote members based on time paid (there are often ranks representing if someone is paid up for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks). That is how the tracking system traditionally works for dues-charging console trading guilds.

With history now non-functional, that is obviously a major problem. No officers can see if someone has deposited their dues or not, nor can see if someone has recently been demoted or promoted without checking each individual member in the guild roster. So, the only way they can possibly continue to function is to ask members to mail dues to assigned officers, who are having to track it outside of the game via shared spreadsheets or some other manner, who then deposit those dues into the guild bank and promote that member to the accorded rank.

In other words, a total mess and MORE manual labor for GMs and officers.

Yes, that's How it works .-)

Thank you anyway

My question is if you got donations via mail ID
    can you get a ban from Zenimax, if someone report you as gold seller?

Thank you
    Edited by ruifeio on August 29, 2019 12:30PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope not since I have spent over a year running all our raffles by having gold mailed to me for tracking purposes. It all goes into the guild bank, save for a 50/50 raffle winner’s prize.
  • MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

So here we are 2 days into this mess and still no ETA on a fix AND the first muti-bid day fast approaching. I don't know about other GMs but I have to seriously question why I am putting myself through this aggravation. You guys have damaged a HUGE aspect of the game. You can't ignore it, bury it, or forget it. If you guys can't fix it then revert it. I would rather deal with 100 obscenely named ghost traders then this crap.
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not surprised this bug hasn’t been fixed yet, but I do have to say I’m growing increasingly disappointed in how ZOS is handling these issues. Reverting the updates made would be a great idea until you all can figure out these issues and fix them. The thing that really sucks is that when there are game breaking bugs like this, we still don’t get all our time and effort back from having to deal with these issues in a game that we all pay for and expect to work as planned. It really makes me question what other game breaking updates are coming through next. For how much this game costs, how much dlcs cost, how much the monthly eso plus costs, and with cost of all the damn loot crates constantly shoved in our faces, I think it’s a bare minimum expectation to have this game working correctly.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We look forward to the HOTFIX that will be pushed out soon for this issue.

C'mon man
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭

Pinpointing what is causing the prob, easy, is the patch.

What's needed to be said is

"Consoles patch was raw 1rst PC patch",
    "take care about 1rst multi-bidding trade changing". [advice]

Will update with 2nd PC patch next week.

• FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    We look forward to the HOTFIX that will be pushed out soon for this issue.

C'mon man

Okay! Where we going? 😉

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if you are on Xbox or Playstation you have nothing, no data, NOTHING! I have not seen THAT happen before for any platform. And for those running trading guilds, it has to be done by dues, not sales quotas.

@AnonomissX - It's happened before. It was the start of this hellish summer for trade guilds.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479534/no-history-crippled-trade-guilds/p1
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭

@AnonomissX - It's happened before. It was the start of this hellish summer for trade guilds.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479534/no-history-crippled-trade-guilds/p1[/quote]

So this isn’t very encouraging what I see here is they have known this was part of the update since at least June were made aware of the problems it would cause and continued on AS IS anyhow! The only thing I see them doing is shutting down threads in the forum when their paying customers are expressing their concerns and frustration over the situation! But yet the forum is where you are referred to every time you have a problem! ZOS will be receiving no real life gold history(money) from me moving forward!
    PSN ID CynderzLite GM of The Purple Gang NA PS4
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The GM of one of the largest trading guilds on Xbox NA just quit the game. Not sure if it is related to this or not, but I am sure he was frustrated. How can we even see if members are stealing from guild banks? We can’t rvek see what is selling.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Not one bit impressed with this company’s constant failure at QA and the treatment of console players as second class citizens.
    Reoccurring billing for Plus has been shut off on my end.
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now if you are on Xbox or Playstation you have nothing, no data, NOTHING! I have not seen THAT happen before for any platform. And for those running trading guilds, it has to be done by dues, not sales quotas.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479534/no-history-crippled-trade-guilds/p1

Damn. I just read the first page...and the next one...horror story unfolding. Damn!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, thanks again for your patience. We're happy to let you know that we have completed testing for this fix, and plan to roll it out tomorrow morning on both Xbox and PS4. Maintenance will begin at 6am EDT.

I'm also editing the thread title so everyone knows this isn't exclusive to Xbox NA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    The GM of one of the largest trading guilds on Xbox NA just quit the game. Not sure if it is related to this or not, but I am sure he was frustrated. How can we even see if members are stealing from guild banks? We can’t rvek see what is selling.

GM's can close down TAKING from the banks. I am not sure if they can keep from DEPOSITING gold in the bank. A stern "don't deposit gold until we say so" in the MOTD should suffice until it's fixed for most issues. Players who don't read or pay attention - it is on them.

....Ok, thank you Gina, just saw her post.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, thanks again for your patience. We're happy to let you know that we have completed testing for this fix, and plan to roll it out tomorrow morning on both Xbox and PS4. Maintenance will begin at 6am EDT.

I'm also editing the thread title so everyone knows this isn't exclusive to Xbox NA.

Thank you, Gina, it is truly appreciated!

Will we be able to see the history we "lost" (i.e. will we be able to see back to 10 days like we normally could)?

Karivaa wrote: »

GM's can close down TAKING from the banks. I am not sure if they can keep from DEPOSITING gold in the bank. A stern "don't deposit gold until we say so" in the MOTD should suffice until it's fixed for most issues. Players who don't read or pay attention - it is on them.

....Ok, thank you Gina, just saw her post.

As far as I can recall, you can turn off the ability for members to deposit items into the guild bank, but there is no way to shut off their ability to donate gold to the bank.

• Wrecking_Gorilla
    Wrecking_Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Thank you, for keeping us in the loop and fixing this asap!