Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sustain hit from harness is going to force a lot of issues I fear.
    Edited by Insco851 on August 19, 2019 9:05PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem of magblade is that it need a Dampen to be good.

And Dampen make magblade unsustainable, just like magsorc.

If you need to destroy everything for sustaining a fight without being to run away, then you have nothing left.

No reason to play magblade this patch.

Maybe try a heavy armor resists stacks + HoT stacks build ? I sticked to LA shield build.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

If you need to destroy everything for sustaining a fight without being to run away, then you have nothing left.

Maybe try a heavy armor resists stacks + HoT stacks build ? I sticked to LA shield build.

Problem with heavy armor is the lack of damage, however with dot stacking it might be viable... I haven't tried it yet. As of my last time rolling a heavy toon, survivability felt nice, sustain was ok but damage was not there.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to complain about something but I thought better of it. I'm afraid that the devs might punish me even more.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All fine here, nothing to see, move along zos...
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s boring af, but it’s good...

Typical Destro/resto
    1 heavy chudan/pirate/warden
    5 swift
    5 trans backbar
    3 willpower front bar

Entropy, assassin’s will, fear, swallow soul, mage light, soul assault.

Shadowy disguise, rat, impale, blessing of resto, debilitate, temporal guard.

Enjoy
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

There are several different play styles, here are some examples:

The Ganker - One target, one kill...NEXT
    Lower sustain, maximum offensive stats, heavy use of Cloak + mobility.
    -Works best as solo
    -Does not work well in BGs

The Bomber - Kamikaze! IDGAF cause' them ticks
    Much like 'The Ganker' but focused on groups rather than single targets.
    -Works as solo or in ball groups
    -Does not work well in BGs (unless already in a premade)

The Mage - Sorcs Lil' Bruh
    This would be akin to what you feel is the only style that works. Build Max magicka, stack shields and HoTs, use a combination of DoTs and/or burst damage.
    -Works as solo and small scale
    -Excels in all content, but IMO CP more than no-CP

The Nightplar - Cuz' NBs can heal too
    Capable of reaching the healing potency of a Templar with a very risky/rewarding burst heal, and can successfully be played in light or heavy.
    -Works in small scale, ball groups, and trolls on own
    -Excels in all content

The Procodile/Betty Procker/Aprocalypse Now/Dwayne "The Proc" Johnson/you get the picture - You gonna t-bag me
    Builds high into sustain and/or defense and lets the procs do the work.
    -Intertwines with 'The Ganker' and 'The Bomber'
    -Works in zergs but a skilled player can make it work solo or in groups
    -Excels in no-CP content most of all

Depending on the content there is something that works, though it might not work for your play style.

Obviously everything here depends on the player skill, the enemy/enemies, performance issues, bar setup and comfortability, etc.

Lastly, getting to that part I bolded in your quote, I just wanted to point out that I can make all of these builds successful (not bragging) - but on only 1 of them do I slot Dampen Magic. So IMO, you don't need it to be good.
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 20, 2019 12:32AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Nightplar - Cuz' NBs can heal too
    Capable of reaching the healing potency of a Templar with a very risky/rewarding burst heal, and can successfully be played in light or heavy.
    -Works in small scale, ball groups, and trolls on own
    -Excels in all content

This is basicly my playstyle, and is the hardest hit this patch. Where prior to the patch NBs were stronger than Templars they’re now weaker. If you love cloak I can see someone continuing as a NB, but NB is weaker than Templar and Warden.

It’s still good in ball groups, but subpar in small scale or solo.

Agree about harness too. Harness is relatively more important, just worse then before the patch. With mana costs up and more burst damage harness is still good if you back it up with hots, it’s just not as good as it was when it was free.

About why I’m not feeling NB healing this patch:

Refreshing Path cost increase and the hot doesn’t linger when you leave the path. You need to spend 1k mag/Sec for major expedition

Healthy Offering with more health desyncs, lower defense and dots is too risky to use. Spamming it on an average player wont save them and just kill yourself. I looked at builds without it but then you’re missing minor mending

Soul Siphon while I used to love it I now hate it. Long animation and I’d say it gets interrupted about 50% of the time

Funnel Health... lulz, worst ability in the game

End result is getting easily bursted and lacking aoe healing of other classes.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 20, 2019 1:12AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Been thinking, I'm on Xbox so I have no idea how scalebreaker is. But can anybody tell me how strong the dots are now? I was thinking that if the dots are extremely strong what about a build that uses dots primarily and using stealth for defense?

For example if you were to load up a enemy with dots entropy, cripple, and the changed soul trap skill. Then use something like icy conjurer for an extra dot. Then use maw of the inferno or shadow rend to get in there for some extra damage. Pretty much you would just load em up and stay cloaked so they would never be able to hit you. You would essentially just wait and poke here and there with swallow soul and light attacks while waiting for merciless to proc then cloak in ulti into assassins will when their health ran low.

Now to add on to this, If possible add some defile into this as well. At first I was thinking duroks bane, but its when you take damage and thats counter productive to what im trying to do. I do not know the mechanics of weapon glyphs unfortunately so if anybody can help me out on this it would be great. Would a disease glyph work to do this? I know charged increases status effect chance, but to make sure the proc on this is hitting frequently maybe use tourgs pack? We just need a good up time for defile to work with our dots from us poking here and there with light attacks.

The main theory of this build would be to a ghost. You want to stay out of sight and out of mind. The enemy would barley see you. Your pet and dots would do the fighting for you. The point of this build would be to do as little fighting as possible until your ready to finish the fight.

Staying out of sight would be the only defense you would have besides minor maim from shade. Combining that with shadow rend you should have a pretty good up time on that, plus the minor effect is needed to proc icy conjurer. However the down side to this is, shadow rend is when you take damage so its counter productive. So you could use maw to fight for you instead and use shade as the only defense, plus a way to proc icy.

This would all rely on if dots, defile, and a pet would be strong enough to take people down, or if this kind of a build will work with defile. Like i said I dont know exactly how the mechanics of weapon glyphs work it may not be possible.

Just my theory hearing about the big dots, if anybody could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Been thinking, I'm on Xbox so I have no idea how scalebreaker is. But can anybody tell me how strong the dots are now? I was thinking that if the dots are extremely strong what about a build that uses dots primarily and using stealth for defense?

For example if you were to load up a enemy with dots entropy, cripple, and the changed soul trap skill. Then use something like icy conjurer for an extra dot. Then use maw of the inferno or shadow rend to get in there for some extra damage. Pretty much you would just load em up and stay cloaked so they would never be able to hit you. You would essentially just wait and poke here and there with swallow soul and light attacks while waiting for merciless to proc then cloak in ulti into assassins will when their health ran low.

Now to add on to this, If possible add some defile into this as well. At first I was thinking duroks bane, but its when you take damage and thats counter productive to what im trying to do. I do not know the mechanics of weapon glyphs unfortunately so if anybody can help me out on this it would be great. Would a disease glyph work to do this? I know charged increases status effect chance, but to make sure the proc on this is hitting frequently maybe use tourgs pack? We just need a good up time for defile to work with our dots from us poking here and there with light attacks.

The main theory of this build would be to a ghost. You want to stay out of sight and out of mind. The enemy would barley see you. Your pet and dots would do the fighting for you. The point of this build would be to do as little fighting as possible until your ready to finish the fight.

Staying out of sight would be the only defense you would have besides minor maim from shade. Combining that with shadow rend you should have a pretty good up time on that, plus the minor effect is needed to proc icy conjurer. However the down side to this is, shadow rend is when you take damage so its counter productive. So you could use maw to fight for you instead and use shade as the only defense, plus a way to proc icy.

This would all rely on if dots, defile, and a pet would be strong enough to take people down, or if this kind of a build will work with defile. Like i said I dont know exactly how the mechanics of weapon glyphs work it may not be possible.

Just my theory hearing about the big dots, if anybody could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Yes, this works if you like the playstyle, though people who play this way still use caluurion. Dot and then lotus in followed up by a fear and execute/merciless.

I’d slot shade as well. Jabs/sweeps are strong so you’ll need to get out of dodge if something goes wrong.

Dots in general are a CP thing. In no-CP reduced defense and increased offense makes things fast paced. If you’re no-CP the biggest change is to expect to blow up or be blown up in 3 GCDs, aoe spam still rules in places like BGs. I can wear two defensive sets and it still feels like 3 GCDs is all it takes.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 20, 2019 2:20AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my setup for almost 2 years has always been Amber on the body and Spinner's, balanced build with good stam sustain.. for break free and some rolling instead of cloaking...
    Monster set choice has rotated on choice of skills, what I am playing or just what mood I was in... but all the fan favorites are there Skoria, Grothdarr, Troll King and lately Balorgh and Slimecraw...

So I tested Curse Eater (magicka & 2 lines of recovery, not horrible) instead of Amber... i had a set of impen in the bank (still can't remember when I got that)...strapped it on and went to spell scar with storm atros...

3 reliable ways of proccing it I found are:
    - Resto Heavy Attack heal - slow
    - Merciless Bow heal - situational
    - Structured Entropy - easy and reliable and can be done at range

Sure I was surviving a bit better/longer, but I don't think overall it was giving me a better result.

I was listening in on Malcolm from EU server talk about all these set ideas ppl were throwing at him in stream, and I realised I was just over thinking everything with all these sets.

Dot removal is great, except there is no immunity, Curse Eater is 8s cool down, plenty of time to get dotted up again. I feel just keeping it basic with good magicka and sustain.. i can disengage, and out heal with Healing Ward (brp resto boosted) and rapid regen. With extra mag and sustain almost more reliable to run Efficient Purge than run Curse Eater.

So right now the all round build is Slime Craw/Bright Throat/Spinner's (FB)/BRP resto (BB) using Spring Loaded Infusion.
    I miss the extra stam sustain from Amber, but what can you do.

I also have Balorgh/VD/Spinner's (DW Swords) with a diff set of Spinner's rings x 2 infused WD for bombing
    and swap in Caluurion's and a staff instead of VD for ganking..

My biggest issue that no theory crafting can fix is latency, no point playing in Cyrodiil... I play BGs with about 270 avg ping and that is bad enough, but I get on avg 100ms added just for logging into Cyro and closer to big fights I get it just adds on more and more.
    At 350-400 all I can outplay is potatoes, 1 good player with US ping will rip me a new one since everything I do has a 300ms reaction delay, let alone trying to outplay multiple people. I am so jealous watching streamers fighting with multiple people, getting CC'd and breaking free and LoSing..
    I get CC'd and by the time the game registers I broke free, I been hit by 3-4 other things and getting my free trip to a respawn of my choice....
    Edited by Undefwun on August 20, 2019 3:42AM
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in theory crafting or even playing when the servers in pvp NA are this bad. I don't think I have ever had a worse time of it than the hour that I played tonite. Well maybe a few years ago. Hard crashed out of the game with the error report 3 times in a row. Ping said 130 but it felt like 330. Weapon swaps were abysmal. Got stuck a bunch of times with no response on any skill and could not bar swap. Mist form would not cancel on bar swap a bunch of times. Channeled acceleration with the cast time would do the sound first and then show the animation or not show the animation and just do the sound. Soul harvest is a crying shame now but that is by design. What a mess.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    Well my setup for almost 2 years has always been Amber on the body and Spinner's, balanced build with good stam sustain.. for break free and some rolling instead of cloaking...
    Monster set choice has rotated on choice of skills, what I am playing or just what mood I was in... but all the fan favorites are there Skoria, Grothdarr, Troll King and lately Balorgh and Slimecraw...

So I tested Curse Eater (magicka & 2 lines of recovery, not horrible) instead of Amber... i had a set of impen in the bank (still can't remember when I got that)...strapped it on and went to spell scar with storm atros...

3 reliable ways of proccing it I found are:
    - Resto Heavy Attack heal - slow
    - Merciless Bow heal - situational
    - Structured Entropy - easy and reliable and can be done at range

Sure I was surviving a bit better/longer, but I don't think overall it was giving me a better result.

I was listening in on Malcolm from EU server talk about all these set ideas ppl were throwing at him in stream, and I realised I was just over thinking everything with all these sets.

Dot removal is great, except there is no immunity, Curse Eater is 8s cool down, plenty of time to get dotted up again. I feel just keeping it basic with good magicka and sustain.. i can disengage, and out heal with Healing Ward (brp resto boosted) and rapid regen. With extra mag and sustain almost more reliable to run Efficient Purge than run Curse Eater.

So right now the all round build is Slime Craw/Bright Throat/Spinner's (FB)/BRP resto (BB) using Spring Loaded Infusion.
    I miss the extra stam sustain from Amber, but what can you do.

I also have Balorgh/VD/Spinner's (DW Swords) with a diff set of Spinner's rings x 2 infused WD for bombing
    and swap in Caluurion's and a staff instead of VD for ganking..

My biggest issue that no theory crafting can fix is latency, no point playing in Cyrodiil... I play BGs with about 270 avg ping and that is bad enough, but I get on avg 100ms added just for logging into Cyro and closer to big fights I get it just adds on more and more.
    At 350-400 all I can outplay is potatoes, 1 good player with US ping will rip me a new one since everything I do has a 300ms reaction delay, let alone trying to outplay multiple people. I am so jealous watching streamers fighting with multiple people, getting CC'd and breaking free and LoSing..
    I get CC'd and by the time the game registers I broke free, I been hit by 3-4 other things and getting my free trip to a respawn of my choice....

Problem I've had with trying a dot based build is honestly groups. Pnca the groups are getting much more organized and you hardly come across the total noob. People realize when they get dotted and take off to thier healer. It's hard enough to peel some of them off the main group but you need burst to take them down. You wait on dots they just back off and you have to shift targets or kite due to agro

I think the best way to use dots is just run like 2 MAYBE 3 dots and try to keep your normal burst build. Just run cripple, degeneration, and maybe clench if you want a stun or soul trap but keep your burst rotation with lotus and mercy bow

Edit, that is unless you're with a group. If you play in a group, dot it up baby
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on August 20, 2019 12:17PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran a lot of pvp tonight. Aside from the brain dead zerglings spamming dots... Just gonna say that the new healing ward works insanely good for my hot based build. With the structured entropy heal, i dont mind the nerfs to protective.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Ran a lot of pvp tonight. Aside from the brain dead zerglings spamming dots... Just gonna say that the new healing ward works insanely good for my hot based build. With the structured entropy heal, i dont mind the nerfs to protective.

I like the healing from it but I miss the shield strength it used to have at low health. The other morph feels useless now too.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ultimate is everyone on PC using for magblade? I was thinking I may have to use meteor because of the cast time to soul harvest, and soul tether. It feels like meteor may be the only ultimate that you will be able to land unblocked due to fear.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my more more burst style magnb I run meteor, on the dot build I'm trying I run soul harvest for defile
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    What ultimate is everyone on PC using for magblade? I was thinking I may have to use meteor because of the cast time to soul harvest, and soul tether. It feels like meteor may be the only ultimate that you will be able to land unblocked due to fear.

Soul Harvest. The cost of meteor is way too high in my opinion when nightblade has such a cheap ultimate available that gives 20% more damage and major defile. The fear combo with meteor is really nice but it takes a long time to charge up and can be hard to use properly in lag.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

Soul Harvest. The cost of meteor is way too high in my opinion when nightblade has such a cheap ultimate available that gives 20% more damage and major defile. The fear combo with meteor is really nice but it takes a long time to charge up and can be hard to use properly in lag.

I use soul harvest currently on live but I’m on xbox so the new patch hasn’t dropped yet. Based on my experience with cast time abilities however they are usually not that great. So while soul harvest is cheaper with better utility, if you can never land it due to it being unreliable now meteor may be the better option because it will always land 100% of the time. While any good player will probably be able to reduce soul harvest into a useless skill. I’m curious as to how reliable soul harvest is in the new patch.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meteor uptime is pretty solid if you use swallow soul as a spammable and with Bs. The build I use is with dark cloak and bs and meteor is up a fair amount. Granted it is not and will never be up as much as soul harvest it is kind of nice to have a big aoe you can unload in cyro
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious as to how reliable soul harvest is in the new patch.

It was persnickety before the patch. There are a bunch of situations especially with gap closers or fast moving targets where it would not fire. It is so much worse now especially if you trained your fingers to do certain things in a certain order. Having to watch the start of the spin animation is just jarring now. I absolutely hate it.

Combine that with the crash in Cyrodiil every 10-20 mins (no addons, updated drivers, checked router, wearing my lucky shrunken head charm and spamming purge) and you have a hot mess of unfun. Really poor design choices.

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use soul harvest currently on live but I’m on xbox so the new patch hasn’t dropped yet. Based on my experience with cast time abilities however they are usually not that great. So while soul harvest is cheaper with better utility, if you can never land it due to it being unreliable now meteor may be the better option because it will always land 100% of the time. While any good player will probably be able to reduce soul harvest into a useless skill. I’m curious as to how reliable soul harvest is in the new patch.

Yea I can’t wait to watch myself cancel my ulti every time I go for the kill Combo because I’m used to ani canceling it.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Yea I can’t wait to watch myself cancel my ulti every time I go for the kill Combo because I’m used to ani canceling it.

That on top of the fact that you’ll never land it against block or dodge roll builds. I’m definitely going to have to work on not canceling it though. I literally animation cancel every ability I use. I can already see how annoying this is going to be
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO soul harvest is the opener because of the damage buff and defile and is cheap enough that it's okay if it's blocked sometimes. Most of the time the combo goes soul harvest -> hysteria -> spectral bow with LA weaves.

after a short adjustment period i don't think we're as affected as much because of the cast time since it's the opener. I can see dawnbreaker as a skill used within a kill combo being harder to use though on 2h builds because the dizzy swing into dawnbreaker became way less reliable
    Edited by HowlKimchi on August 21, 2019 6:19AM

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO soul harvest is the opener because of the damage buff and defile and is cheap enough that it's okay if it's blocked sometimes. Most of the time the combo goes soul harvest -> hysteria -> spectral bow with LA weaves.

after a short adjustment period i don't think we're as affected as much because of the cast time since it's the opener. I can see dawnbreaker as a skill used within a kill combo being harder to use though on 2h builds because the dizzy swing into dawnbreaker became way less reliable

Against burst heal builds and magplar, it’s typically the end for me. Find more success using the bow as the opener vs those types otherwise they don’t tend to die. If I can Soul harvest > bow- they are typically noobs or bad.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Against burst heal builds and magplar, it’s typically the end for me. Find more success using the bow as the opener vs those types otherwise they don’t tend to die. If I can Soul harvest > bow- they are typically noobs or bad.

Attack their stamina. If you can't burst them by ganking them you have to cc on cooldown to deplete their stamina.

In no-CP it's 4500 stamina to break free so unsustainable unless they have 1500+ stamina regen. Clench works well against them.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why though? Soul Harvest into hysteria into bow is a sure hit on the bow if the ping isn't too high. The additional 20% damage on the bow is really good. I really have no problems with magplars... Hardest to fight are magdks and stamwardens imo.

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My combo is different. Build stacks and then:

Cloak + Lotus Fan + Mass Hysteria + Soul Harvest + Spectral Bow

I think I might be okay without animation cancel SH because they are CCed and I have time. Still don't like it...

Edited by brandonv516 on August 21, 2019 5:28PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well it's not capable of being interru

My combo is different. Build stacks and then:

Cloak + Lotus Fan + Mass Hysteria + Soul Harvest + Merciless

I think I might be okay without animation cancel SH because they are CCed and I have time. Still don't like it...
    Any decent player will cc break + dodge the bow proc if you go like that. If you soulharvest into fear, and then use bow proc its almost a guaranteed hit. I always fight in melee range even with destro resto so the soulharvest isn't that obvious to see coming. Def agree with @HaruKamui on this.
    Edited by Koensol on August 21, 2019 5:30PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can not guarantee a hit with Soul Harvest nor Merciless after fear, unless cc breaks bugs out for your enemy or he is reacting slow/out of stam. And after seeing players literally walk out of my Soul Harvest multiple times, i switched to Meteor. Not as good as it once was, but at least it always does something when i press that button. For 1vs1 SH is probably still better, because you can just keep trying until it goes off, but for outnumbered play, cast times are absolutely awful.