The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Current Consensus on Healing in ESO

Claudman
Claudman
✭✭✭✭✭
What does everyone gather from the changes thus far when it comes to healing? (I.e. Surge, Springs, etc.)
What do you think about it? Do you think things should change? Should the game be made more difficult to make healers more viable?

I personally hope the nerfs don't end up like GW2 where roles don't matter anymore and/or healers are literally kicked out of the meta.
Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.

Current Consensus on Healing in ESO 112 votes

I hope we don't become obsolete.
27%
KesstrylSvenjaHELLOSTRANGEWORLDJodynnIdinuseRomoRazorback174StarfyrezPsychpsych13LordLomaxSassiestAssassinStibbonsamir412Wyresscliffracerfrozzzen101RadagastThePinkDisturbed125ClaudmanApostateHoboGrandesdar 31 votes
I really don't like these changes.
33%
BlueRavenDarcyMardinArrodisiaAimoraNebthet78ArwyrBalticBluesReverbHexquisiteBaltharuchVaohSomewhereFreakin_HytteLadyNalcaryaLioraValkyriemeekmikoGagginAcadianPaladinTyrobagTheNightflame 37 votes
I'm indifferent about these changes.
6%
xXTomahawkXxStarlight_KnightphantasmalDMaxJrFTWGrandmaSomniluxbakthi 7 votes
I like these changes.
23%
SporvanDracaneNeillMcAttackactoshFfastylMayraelCinbriTheEverwordGreenSoup2HoTRex-UmbraMartoFirasusmitdsZeroXFFPeacatcherMillzAznarbTriangularChickenObirMizoreReyes 26 votes
(Other...)
9%
TryxuskalunteKadoingiantpixieHashtag_ElwendryllMehrunesFlagonJobooAGSIskiabburty61hasi 11 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting to see what actually changes on Live. My MagDK healer primarily uses resto staff skills and the Devs keep changing their minds about what my skills ought to do. :neutral:

I heal in PVP, so at least I don't have to worry about my role not being needed.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 8, 2019 12:01PM
    Options
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    Healing was out of control. New style of healing people will have to adjust to pve wise. Stamina is kind of screwed pvp wise while magicka will be on another level with shields plus hots.
    Options
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    I like the changes but I don't want to be burned on a pyre so I sneakily chose "Other".
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these changes.
    The Grand healing and orb changes I like alot. I might actually use healing orb now instead of mystic orb.
    Albeit I do not understand, why they reduced the healing of grand healing ? You can only have 1 at the time, so increasing the healing would be logical, no ? I am confused.

The Surge changes are horrible and an insult. But I do not use it anyway in solo situations, so I loose nothing.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Im worried healers in general, or certain classes that were viable for healing wont be viable anymore.

Will it be better to progress with all stam rolling vigor?

Or will there be an otpion to keep the two healer setup. One healer built for raw healing and the other is a buff/debuff type of healer?

Options
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    Looking at the final PTS Patch Notes I tend to say that the Changes aren't too bad. I like some, others not really.

Generally I like the Orb Change, but I am wondering what happens with Sustain, when the Group can't be stacked like in Vas Hm.

I also don't mind the Spring Change, although I think it would have been sometimes better the way it was, for example when the Group is split over a large Area duo to Mechanics. Plus I still don't get why they nerfed the Healing Output instead of buffing it like @Dracane said.😅

Ritual of Retribution, Budding Seeds, Circle of Protection, Healing Ward, Rapid Regeneration and Blood Altar look very nice in total, literally don't have any complaints there. They might create a tiny bit of diversity for the Healer Role too?🤔

The idea with Power Surge isn't too bad in my opinion if they adapt the other morph, so both Mag and Stam DDs can profit from it. I also think, that the Cooldown should be less than 3sec, maybe 2 as Budding Seeds etc. heal every 2sec aswell.
    Edited by hasi on August 8, 2019 11:58AM
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (Other...)
    I can see the rationale behind some of the changes, but the failure to address all healing evenly means that players will just move to classes with HP% heals and proc sets and continue to do what they've done before. Coupled with free damage increases with less investment, the changes to certain skills, and the removal of one of the only tools against heavy, I don't see heavy armor heal ball groups suffering next patch.

In other words, the changes will solve little to nothing in PvP, but have targeted PvE. I do not know what was the goal.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing springs was a server resource hog and needed to be changed .. I'm not sure about the other stuff but I'm glad springs was changed. I'm not saying I like what they did, I just like the fact that they are finally adressing this ability.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I can see the rationale behind some of the changes, but the failure to address all healing evenly means that players will just move to classes with HP% heals and proc sets and continue to do what they've done before. Coupled with free damage increases with less investment, the changes to certain skills, and the removal of one of the only tools against heavy, I don't see heavy armor heal ball groups suffering next patch.

In other words, the changes will solve little to nothing in PvP, but have targeted PvE. I do not know what was the goal.

I quite agree, and whenever that happens I can only draw one of two conclusions.

A) ZOS is trying to change PVP healing, but doesnt understand that organized groups have the teamwork and numbers to adjust to whatever the new healing meta is, so it won't make a substantial difference.

B.) ZOS is actually targeting PVE healing.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't heal, but good healers are rare fish, given how people resist changes we simply may end up with no healers at all to fill rosters.
    Options
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Healing springs was a server resource hog and needed to be changed .. I'm not sure about the other stuff but I'm glad springs was changed. I'm not saying I like what they did, I just like the fact that they are finally adressing this ability.

I think you’re dead on with the real reason behind the grand healing change. I just really, really don’t like the precedence it sets- completely changing how an ability functions for performance.
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most vet content it will be more effective to replace dedicated healers with dps. Have 1 mag dps add mutagen to their rotation, have one add orbs, and a stam dps with vigor. The same applies to trials but with one additional mutagen dps amd one or two more vigor dps.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    Reverb wrote: »
    For most vet content it will be more effective to replace dedicated healers with dps. Have 1 mag dps add mutagen to their rotation, have one add orbs, and a stam dps with vigor. The same applies to trials but with one additional mutagen dps amd one or two more vigor dps.

Already before Scalebreaker Healers weren't necessarily needed in (HM) Veteran Dungeons or Arenas. Not even in most No-Death Runs including DLC Dungeons.

Trial Wise Healers will still be greatly needed, although many say differently. A "DD" would have to use supportive Sets like Aether and Olorime.. Would you still call that said person a Dps then?😅
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these changes.
    hasi wrote: »

Already before Scalebreaker Healers weren't necessarily needed in (HM) Veteran Dungeons or Arenas. Not even in most No-Death Runs including DLC Dungeons.

Trial Wise Healers will still be greatly needed, although many say differently. A "DD" would have to use supportive Sets like Aether and Olorime.. Would you still call that said person a Dps then?😅

I feel like healers are only needed or helpful when you hunt for achievements, like no death runs in harder dungeons. I felt very needed and rewarded when I was asked to heal no death attempts. In regular veteran dungeons, I probably would not get the idea to join as a healer. It seems unnecessary and a waste of potential.

As was said before, it is probably best if a DD just slots regeneration or vigor and be done with it.
    As possible solution, would be to grant restorations staff abilities more valueable buffs. If players do not need the healing, they might need the additional utility that a healer can support. Right now, you are just a minor berserk and spell power cure bot.
    Edited by Dracane on August 8, 2019 2:15PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    I like these changes.

dungeon healers have been doing this since quite some time so its not like this is a change for healers, as has been said already, healer role remain the same except for a few vet trials phases.

What may change however, is people will realise this now and will start running dps oriented builds since most healer build content you can find is extremely oriented for trials.

I personally run a standard dps magplar build with Olorime + 1 Heal (breath of life or springs) and in wierd situtations i can swap shards x orbs. No resto staff needed.
    CP biggest change is 0 into blessed because otherwise ill be overhealing no matter what.
    Edited by crazywolfpusher on August 8, 2019 2:23PM
    Options
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    Dracane wrote: »
    hasi wrote: »

I feel like healers are only needed or helpful when you hunt for achievements, like no death runs in harder dungeons. I felt very needed and rewarded when I was asked to heal no death attempts.

Even then they aren't really needed. Did certain DLC Dungeon Achievments(No Death, Hm) without a Healer. It's kind of sad tbf.
    Options
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    more burst heals spam in situations where you need to burst heal could lead into issues with ressource managment (mostly magicka). this is something that healers almost never had to care about. at least i've never eard any healer saying "i was OOM, that's why you died".

if there are more ways to drop healers magicka down, then, maybe we'll see less "one shot" mechanics in pve, which could lead to more entertaining fights.

it feels good when you recover from a fight with a casual++ team.
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedicated healers should have more impact on endgame pve and in pvp. Easy fix would be on CP. No freaking point that healing scales from just pure damage stat.
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Grand healing and orb changes I like alot. I might actually use healing orb now instead of mystic orb.
    Albeit I do not understand, why they reduced the healing of grand healing ? You can only have 1 at the time, so increasing the healing would be logical, no ? I am confused.

The Surge changes are horrible and an insult. But I do not use it anyway in solo situations, so I loose nothing.

You must be confused because you contradicted yourself about grand healing.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »

You must be confused because you contradicted yourself about grand healing.

They didn't, they said they liked the change (no more spamming, longer duration), but don't agree with the nerf to the actual heal/s.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why they changed magicka for health in the Blood Altar's, no explanation. No cast time doesn't convince me.
    A healer must sacrifice his health for one ability just to return the health by his other abilities, not much sense in this.

Even if so, why the healing is still so low. On my noob pve/pvp healer I get below 1k without netch. And it seems the 28m range isn't affected by the passives like with the offensive abilities, right?

"Blood Altar: This ability and its morphs no longer have a cast time, and now cost Health rather than Magicka"
    PMRXAE2.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on August 15, 2019 11:02AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason healers arent needed is animation cancelling and thats it. Only light attack weaving can provide the massively increased dps that allows for mechanic skipping/ minimization and thus content is easier without healers.

secondary effect of weaving is one shots which you rarely saw in a dungeon prior to horns of the reach.

Eso needs to get rid of that for the health of the game. They will never be able to balance anything until its removed.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (Other...)
    It’s like anything else, some good changes and some bad changes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I'm not sure why they changed magicka for health in the Blood Altar's, no explanation. No cast time doesn't convince me.
    A healer must sacrifice his health for one ability just to return the health by his other abilities, not much sense in this.

Even if so, why the healing is still so low. On my noob pve/pvp healer I get below 1k without netch. And it seems the 28m range isn't affected by the passives like with the offensive abilities, right?

"Blood Altar: This ability and its morphs no longer have a cast time, and now cost Health rather than Magicka"
    PMRXAE2.jpg

Love this change
    I did vMA with only blood altar and struct entropy.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless ZoS find a way and make a proper heal stat (not dependant of spell power, weapon dmg, stamina or magicka), healer will continue being not needed in dungeons and even in low trials.

Poor design from the begining that can be fixed but ZoS won't do that because too much work for no return.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like these changes.
    Make game harder.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE the changes. My Healer already is RETIRED,
    because my contribution to the game now is minimized.
    Options
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent about these changes.
    I've healed normal trials, vet dungeons, and PvP (no CP) since the change. It seems fine. I am possibly not experienced enough to be bothered by it, and of course things may be rather different in certain vet trials. I also don't seem to normally run with the sort of groups that prefer no healer. For non-trials, my healer always has as much utility as possible (a few damage abilities, etc.), and my CP reflects this, but that was the case before the patch, too. Definitely had to help burst down some bosses or adds in PUGs when the DPS just wasn't cutting it, so I'm always prepared.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
    Options