Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why is the Insult "go play wow"

• TheTimeWizard
    This is "The New Player Questions" section, as in questions about ESO that new players have, and not for debating ESO vs WoW.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    You seem to have linked my reply in as if yours had anything to do with it. What I said was that most of the people disparaging it have not actually played it. When they state things about the game which aren't true, it's sort of a clue. These people just point at things that they don't want in whichever game they're banging on about (ESO in this case, but they swarm across the gaming world like locusts), and point out that it's bad because it's in WoW. Many times the feature being attacked is not even a feature of the WoW game (and you need only go a few posts up to see someone listing some).

I made no comment on people who don't like it. I don't like cooked carrots, but I don't try and attack people for eating them.

Looking back through the thread I don't see anything patently false being said about WOW. It does have auto attacks with the ability to kill things half-afk, it's designed to meet the lowest common denominator so they can get more people playing (or if you want to put a positive spin on that "more accessible") and all the other stuff people are saying in this thread.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Certainly to get the best gear, however, you need to do the most challenging content. It is a loot based games as so many MMOs are. Is ESO any different?
    Obviously, yeah. because it is not loot based. Regardless of anything else, we already know that.

And I did play WoW, for a year and a half. All the previous criticisms I levelled are true...it is very difficult to stand out in that game because everyone looks the same and has similar gear for whatever level they're at. It is a race to the top, whatever the current highest level is, and the non-elite content suffers because of it IMO.

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    This is "The New Player Questions" section, as in questions about ESO that new players have, and not for debating ESO vs WoW.
    Read the title dude...he asked a question and we're answering it.