Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Linking Twitch

Grilled_Shroom
Hey I was wondering if anyone has had an issue linking their Twitch to their account? Every time I try it always says there's been an Error and try again later. Any non-troll replies would be appreciated, but trolls are juts as welcome to answer lol. Thanks for any help or info on this
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Grilled_Shroom

What error are you getting when trying to link your ESO account to Twitch?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Grilled_Shroom
    Hi, it didn't say, it just says there was an error and to try again or contact support
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same thing constantly on my eso account it doesnt register that im linked to twitch nor will it allow me to link account yet my twitch account does say i've been linked to eso and how long ive been llinked..
    Edited by wishlist14 on August 19, 2019 11:40AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    One reason you may be getting an error is because a different account was linked to Twitch before. The thread below goes over how one player was able to resolve their issue.

Twitch Linked No In game drops? (Solution in Comments!)
    Staff Post
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    One reason you may be getting an error is because a different account was linked to Twitch before. The thread below goes over how one player was able to resolve their issue.

Twitch Linked No In game drops? (Solution in Comments!)

I have a similar issue yet it is the same Twitch account.

ESO and Twitch have been linked for quite a while, I have always received drops and rewards. For some reason, today Twitch required to change my password, in doing so (I had no choice, I couldn't log in without changing my password) they warned me that it would unlink 3rd party accounts, which was indeed the case with ESO. So I went back to my ESO account to link them again, I got the authentification screen to log on Twitch, I clicked Authorize and ESO told me:
    "There was a problem linking your account. Please try again later or contact support."

Yet when I check my settings on Twitch, they show ESO as correctly connected.
    jnw82lcodbtn.jpg

I have tried on a different browser with no add blocker, I cleared my cache and cookies and ESO still doesn't acknowledge the link (I guess because Twitch forced the unlink?). So the linked thread doesn't help, it is the same Twitch account, just a different password.
    Edited by DLM on August 22, 2019 1:16AM
  • zarelda
    zarelda
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here. Exactly! All support did was leave me a link on how to link. Then they sent me a survey to see how I liked customer service. Let's just say that I gave them an eyeful with colorful metaphors and everything.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    We are aware of an issue some players have experienced when attempting to link to Twitch you would receive the message "There was a problem linking your account. Please try again later or contact support." We have identified the issue and we believe it is now resolved.

Most players should be able to simply relink, but if problems persist, fully unlinking and relinking should resolve the issue.

To confirm that your ESO account is properly linked to Twitch, please follow these steps exactly in the provided order:
    • Unlink via the ESO website found here
    • Unlink from Twitch Connections found here
    • Logout of the ESO website
    • Logout of the Twitch website
    • Close the web browser
    • Link via the ESO website found here

If you are still having issues and have tried the steps provided, please let us know.
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on August 29, 2019 12:46PM
    Staff Post
  • zarelda
    zarelda
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, I tried all that and cleared history cookies in browser. shut off browser and my computer even. No luck here.
  • zarelda
    zarelda
    Soul Shriven
    Funny, how I got an e-mail from support about my ticket, that all they did was parrot what Zos_RikardD said about 2 comments back. That was after I updated my ticket and told them about this thread.
  • zarelda
    zarelda
    Soul Shriven
    Then they sent me a e-mail saying they kicked it up to another team after I whined about how every response to me was from a different person. They made it seem like they were going to take me seriously...but who the heck am I kidding? That was over a week ago and now all I hear is crickets. Support you suck!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to list your ticket number, @zarelda ... either here or your own thread in General Help.

You can’t be passive and wait for ZOS to reply ... be persistent but polite.
  • zarelda
    zarelda
    Soul Shriven
    190828-003109 Is ticket number.

I am still trying to get a response from them.
  • Grilled_Shroom
    I've given up, they only ever link things the consumer finds out for themselves, their customer support is about as much use as their servers, utter useless!!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @zarelda

Please check your inbox for an update on your support tickets.
    Staff Post
  • denise987654321nub18_ESO
    I'm having same issue and I've submitted two tickets, both stating I followed the steps they posted in article and they just tell me to follow those steps. My ticket is 190916-003957
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @denise987654321nub18_ESO

I've sent you a private message with an update on your ticket #190916-003957.
    Staff Post
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem as described by my fellow players
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SpiderCultist

Have you started a support ticket?

If so, what is your ticket number?
    Staff Post