Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fossilise needs a nerf ASAP

• ZodiackSign
    ZodiackSign
    ✭✭
    I don't even think Unrelenting Grip is working properly. I am a chain fiend and running around for hours in front of waves of blues and reds and I KNOW damb good and well they aren't all rolling immune...and it wouldn't go off. It is registering the stun but not the pull...and if they immune they don't get the stun. I keep seeing STUN but then I get no body in my loving arms. I know they jerked with the timing and that would have been fine as it is easily "exploitable" because of the timing; animation canceling chains with a roll dodge to the left or right behind a wall would get you a player that couldn't back up (keep gates and doors) and rolling back after animate cancel got you a good 5 extra yards of pull. I'd expect them to fix that...but these where I'm getting the STUN register and no pull are out in the open fields, no obstruction...and plenty of random players to test it on...
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fossilize was fine back when Dk was more tooled for tanking, control, and attrition tactics. These days Dk has yuge damage and sustain... I'm not sure if nerfing Fossilize again is the answer but overall balance needs to be looked at. This patch is among the worst yet in terms of overall class balance.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    This skill just is just the most ridiculously over performing cc in the game and makes the old rune cage look tame in comparison. In CP pvp there are already enough snares , CC’s and immobilises to have 1 skill that wrap the 2 worst together. there is nothing worse than kiting on a medium armour build to be instantly wiped because of this skill alone. Combined with half a dozen dots even the most incapable player can sit there perm blocking, fossilise then leap or meteor and get easy kills with a 2 button combo.

In non CP most magica builds don’t have the stamina recovery to break the CC, dodge roll the immobilise and then break the next CC (most builds don’t have the barspace to run race against time). For some reason Rune cage was nerfed multiple ways in 1 update but this even better skill persists update to update without change.

So the player is applying 6 dots, then using foss + ultimate.

I don't see how that is a 2 button combo when they are using 8 skills....
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the DOT meta. DKs are the DOT class and will get the most hate out of this patch.

This skill used to have a 15 meter range. Now you have to be in melee range to use it. If you let a DK get in melee range that is a learn to play issue.

You are at their mercy.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK cant slot it in non cp, cost sooo much. MagDKs are not busted, they can have it.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    In before it somehow turns into #nerfwings thread.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fossilize GOT A NERF! It’s cost increase is NOTICEABLE. Sane folks (outside of duels) run immovables. Good players can be up and out of it before you can get two whips off to proc powerlash.

If everyone who EVER asked for a nerf took time to consider counterplay before ASKING for nerfs, then they’d be better players. Duel a DK over and over until you can get up and out of it. With immunity right after AND the cost increase you really shouldn’t be bothered by Fossilize. It’s decidedly NOT OP.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    Welcome to the DOT meta. DKs are the DOT class and will get the most hate out of this patch.

This skill used to have a 15 meter range. Now you have to be in melee range to use it. If you let a DK get in melee range that is a learn to play issue.

You are at their mercy.

Think that’s a poor way to look at it , because it’s basically saying if you’re melee just don’t fight a dk. And if that’s your perspective then you’re actually implying it’s op, which it isn’t.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL the number of people defending this buggy skill is outrageous,
    ganzaeso wrote: »

You are at their mercy.

This sums it up perfectly, you are at the mercy of a dk at melee range and you cry about ‘wings nerfs’, so the class is the king of 1v1 close range and you are unhappy that it now has to take damage at long range (now 50% mitigation for 6 seconds still op), dk players sound as bad a petsorc players when it comes to accepting now over powered their class is, the main reason it avoids a heavy hit from the nerfhammer it deserves is because no one cares about the permanent DK main tank meta and their DPS is never high enough to merit a heavy DPS nerf, even though its painfully obvious how much single target dots over perform in PVP and don’t even get me started on battle roar + bloodspawn
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    This skill just is just the most ridiculously over performing cc in the game and makes the old rune cage look tame in comparison. In CP pvp there are already enough snares , CC’s and immobilises to have 1 skill that wrap the 2 worst together. there is nothing worse than kiting on a medium armour build to be instantly wiped because of this skill alone. Combined with half a dozen dots even the most incapable player can sit there perm blocking, fossilise then leap or meteor and get easy kills with a 2 button combo.

In non CP most magica builds don’t have the stamina recovery to break the CC, dodge roll the immobilise and then break the next CC (most builds don’t have the barspace to run race against time). For some reason Rune cage was nerfed multiple ways in 1 update but this even better skill persists update to update without change.

I know right? Even ignoring the fact that any dk with 6 dot in pvp has no idea what they are doing because that is a lot of wasted bar space.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a bit ridiculous when multiple people are chasing you and you get fossilised mid dodge roll, have to break it and roll again (or use shuffle) to get rid of the snare...

It is by far the best cc in the game right now.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snip
    Edited by HowlKimchi on August 16, 2019 4:06PM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

I know right? Even ignoring the fact that any dk with 6 dot in pvp has no idea what they are doing because that is a lot of wasted bar space.

If putting 2 dots on a target is a combo then onslaught ganking, magsorc overload heavy attack and necro bash build are all combos too then
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    It is a bit ridiculous when multiple people are chasing you and you get fossilised mid dodge roll, have to break it and roll again (or use shuffle) to get rid of the snare...

Maybe in duels. In virtually every other scenario I'd much rather have Fear or [whatever the new stam fear is called] on my bar.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What you never heard of immovables? Fossilize HAS been nerfed. Immunity, cost increase. This is absolutely a l2p issue. They buffed the single target damage of EMBERS (which ain’t even noticeable). 1 dot in the DK toolkit. They nerfed engulfing’s dot. (It’s initial hit had already been buffed).

Entropy’s cost has been increased. If you can’t handle 30k over 12 seconds (15k with battleroar) you’re too squishy to be running around Cyro by yourself.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on August 16, 2019 10:48PM
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Maybe in duels. In virtually every other scenario I'd much rather have Fear or [whatever the new stam fear is called] on my bar.

Depends... xv1 the stam fear is kinda useless because it is placed when you press it so while you are chasing it will drop behind you. Fossilize is a great xv1 tool and that is where it annoys me the most. When i get stunned and rooted mid dodge roll when im running away from multiple people, it can really screw you over. No counterplay besides a small window of immunity if you use a immovable....

What you never heard of immovables? Fossilize HAS been nerfed. Immunity, cost increase. This is absolutely a l2p issue. They buffed the single target damage of EMBERS (which ain’t even noticeable). 1 dot in the DK toolkit. They nerfed engulfing’s dot. (It’s initial hit had already been buffed).

Entropy’s cost has been increased. If you can’t handle 30k over 12 seconds (15k with battleroar) you’re too squishy to be running around Cyro by yourself.

Sure.. lets chug immovables and never be cc'ed ever again. Oh wait, it doesnt work like that. Besides that, as a solo stam nb i kind of need tripots to supress dots with cloak or fool some dumb zerger with my shade.

No idea why you are mentioning the dot damage but you sound like a tank who likes a bit of xv1 gameplay.

Just one entropy is fine btw.. eventhough the damage is ridiculous. However entropy + class dots + soul trap + active abilities like leap or whip and it becomes a lot of incoming (and mostly unavoidable) damage.

Last note. Battleroar is the name of the resource return on ult i believe.. what does that have to do with dot damage?
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather get chased by a bunch of dk than pretty much any other class when solo. Fossilize is strong, sure, but it is not op in 1vs1 and doesn't feel worse to deal with than many other things when outnumbered.
    The only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't work on cc immune targets, which means the user don't have to think much about when to use it and doesn't have to worry about wasting it.
    Edited by Rianai on August 17, 2019 12:52AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you're being chased by multiple people it's supposed to be hard to survive. "Successful" 1vXers crutch on LOS, OP game mechanics and noob opponents. If you die to multiple opponents because 1 of them had the minimum knowledge required to slot a hard CC like Fossilize, which allowed the rest to do enough damage to kill you, then that sound like "working as intended" to me.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

When you're being chased by multiple people it's supposed to be hard to survive. "Successful" 1vXers crutch on LOS, OP game mechanics and noob opponents. If you die to multiple opponents because 1 of them had the minimum knowledge required to slot a hard CC like Fossilize, which allowed the rest to do enough damage to kill you, then that sound like "working as intended" to me.

Like you said it is a "hard CC". I can live with that (literally) but why does it also need to add a root after that hard cc? Isnt that a bit too much for such a basic skill every mag dk slots?

But since you are calling LOS a crutch mechanic... what do you know anyway?
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Depends... xv1 the stam fear is kinda useless because it is placed when you press it so while you are chasing it will drop behind you. Fossilize is a great xv1 tool and that is where it annoys me the most. When i get stunned and rooted mid dodge roll when im running away from multiple people, it can really screw you over. No counterplay besides a small window of immunity if you use a immovable....

Sure.. lets chug immovables and never be cc'ed ever again. Oh wait, it doesnt work like that. Besides that, as a solo stam nb i kind of need tripots to supress dots with cloak or fool some dumb zerger with my shade.

No idea why you are mentioning the dot damage but you sound like a tank who likes a bit of xv1 gameplay.

Just one entropy is fine btw.. eventhough the damage is ridiculous. However entropy + class dots + soul trap + active abilities like leap or whip and it becomes a lot of incoming (and mostly unavoidable) damage.

Last note. Battleroar is the name of the resource return on ult i believe.. what does that have to do with dot damage?

You got cloak. You got shade. You're crying about FOSSILIZE? MAYBE you're a crapblade who imagines all that running is brawling.

Maybe, just maybe it is a l2p issue. What do you do against mag sorcs, ? And you know what I meant. Rez out you'll feel loads better after being fossilized.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on August 17, 2019 1:40AM
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You got cloak. You got shade. You're crying about FOSSILIZE? MAYBE you're a crapblade who imagines all that running is brawling.

Maybe, just maybe it is a l2p issue. What do you do against mag sorcs, ? And you know what I meant. Rez out you'll feel loads better after being fossilized.

Ehm.. brawling? What is wrong with you? Have you been drinking and is this the moment to go "full on Alpha male mode" and just shout L2P at everything?

Im not crying or anything. Im saying it is annoying and asking why it has a root. The nightblade fear is compareable to fossilize but that skill got it extra part (minor maim) removed from it while the nb fear is harder to land than fossilize.

Fossilize is a really good skill and better than other crowd control skills. The templar spear is easy to avoid, sorc stun can be dodged now, necro totem is trash and a warden doesnt even have a stun i think? Even without the root fossilize would be a good skill and still screw over that nasty nightblade who runs away from your need for brawling.

Also.. mag sorc? What i do? I try to kill them when they arent spamming shields or streaking away. What do you do with them? Brawl?
    Edited by Bosov on August 17, 2019 1:56AM
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like you said it is a "hard CC". I can live with that (literally) but why does it also need to add a root after that hard cc? Isnt that a bit too much for such a basic skill every mag dk slots?

lol wut? Literally every single 1vXer I see these days uses LOS to split up and burst down individual players. The last successful open field 1vXer I saw was Pelican, and that was several patches ago.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    melee CC with high cost, which root can be easily countered by either RAT, shuffle or FM (mandatory for any player in open world) doesn’t need a nerf.

What really needs to be nerfed/generalized - the range CCs left. ZoS done perfect job changing the distance of draining shot and clench, now it’s the time to do the same for stonefist, rune cage and templar’s Javelin. Give them some additional effects to compensate the range loss, something similar to draining shot healing the caster all the time now.
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭

So, you want a melee, class, single target cc to have no secondary effects? Fossilize, one target. Mass Hysteria, six targets. Enough with the nerf nerf nerf. This is clearly a l2p issue.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ehm.. brawling? What is wrong with you? Have you been drinking and is this the moment to go "full on Alpha male mode" and just shout L2P at everything?

Im not crying or anything. Im saying it is annoying and asking why it has a root. The nightblade fear is compareable to fossilize but that skill got it extra part (minor maim) removed from it while the nb fear is harder to land than fossilize.

Fossilize is a really good skill and better than other crowd control skills. The templar spear is easy to avoid, sorc stun can be dodged now, necro totem is trash and a warden doesnt even have a stun i think? Even without the root fossilize would be a good skill and still screw over that nasty nightblade who runs away from your need for brawling.

Also.. mag sorc? What i do? I try to kill them when they arent spamming shields or streaking away. What do you do with them? Brawl?

Damn right I brawl! Every time I set foot in Cyro.

Your classes whole play style is take damage, hide and run. You ARE crying because Fossilize can catch you slipping and shut ALL that down.

If you’re in a nerf thread defending the nerf, l2p is involved lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on August 17, 2019 6:20PM
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the main arguement that a stun + root on a non counterplay is l2p and drink a immo pot?

Your classes whole play style is take damage, hide and run. You ARE crying because Fossilize can catch you slipping and shut ALL that down.

One skill shutting ALL down.. that sounds like a balanced skill. Yes totally. If you need a skill that has no counterplay to shut down someone... i can see why you feel the need to defend it.

So, you want a melee, class, single target cc to have no secondary effects? Fossilize, one target. Mass Hysteria, six targets. Enough with the nerf nerf nerf. This is clearly a l2p issue.

Again... l2p as the main argument. I can deal with the skill just fine but i do think it is oveloaded like this. Fear is also way easier to avoid than fossilize and even the cc is quicker and easier to break these days. So again... a non counterplay stun and a non counterplay root... is balanced and a l2p issue?

Why is removing the root such a problem for you anyway? You will still be able to fossilze that nasty rolling player who is bullying you and there is nothing he or she can do about it... you can still brawl.
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the main arguement that a stun + root on a non counterplay is l2p and drink a immo pot?

One skill shutting ALL down.. that sounds like a balanced skill. Yes totally. If you need a skill that has no counterplay to shut down someone... i can see why you feel the need to defend it.

Again... l2p as the main argument. I can deal with the skill just fine but i do think it is oveloaded like this. Fear is also way easier to avoid than fossilize and even the cc is quicker and easier to break these days. So again... a non counterplay stun and a non counterplay root... is balanced and a l2p issue?

Why is removing the root such a problem for you anyway? You will still be able to fossilze that nasty rolling player who is bullying you and there is nothing he or she can do about it... you can still brawl.

The issue is that every cc in the game kinda has a different added effect.

Mass Hysteria (NB Fear): Aoe unblockable
    Rune Cage (Sorc Stun): Ranged unblockable
    Javalin (Templar): Ranged blockable, magicka & stam morphs
    Oblivion shard (dk heal cc): ranged blockable, heal
    Stone giant (dk ranged cc): ranged blockable, more damage if stunned from this effect
    Turn Undead (Fighters guild): aoe unblockable, aoe minor protection and minor endurance
    Volcanic Rune (Mages Guild): unblockable, dot
    Time Stop (psijic): ranged aoe unblockable, either instant cast or heal reduction
    Destructive Clench (destro): midrange(15m) blockable, doesn’t really bring anything else to the table except with masters destro
    Dizzying Swing (2H): blockable, heavy damage
    Draining Shot (bow): midrange (22m) blockable, heals
    Drain Essence (vampire): channeled unblockable, heal and ult generation
    Roar (WW): aoe unblockable, major fracture
    Invasion (SnB): gap closer, can be 6 sec stun
    Reverb Bash (SnB): blockable, also not very useful with the major defile removal, not daying it wasn’t needed but is not particularly useful anymore
    Arctic Blast (warden): ranged blockable, heals
    Totem (necro): aoe unblockable, pulses, minor protection

Think that is every other hard cc ability (not ults) in the game.

Fossilize is a short ranged unblockable with a high cost. Of the cc’s that are used by stamina characters, most are either stamina based or have a purpose, nb fear is decent for being able to escape with cloak and counter block, if it was single target it would make escaping much more difficult.

If you look at every short ranged cc, most are aoe with the exception of drain essence, reverb bash, and dizzying swing. Reverb bash and dizzying swing are both blockable but dizzying swing hits hard and the cc is an added bonus. Reverb bash is not useful right now after the maj defile removal.

Drain essence requires you to be a vampire and has a decent heal attached to it. Fossilize is unblockable but not aoe. It’s other benefit is the immobilize.

Now if you would like to remove every cc abilities second benefit then there would be no more ranged cc’s, no more aoe cc’s, no damage component for dizzying swing. No gap closer for invasion, no minor protection for necro totem or turn undead. No heal with draining shot, oblivion shard or drain essence.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vizirith

The issue isn’t that fossilize has a secondary effect, the issue is that a rooting an enemy player is far too powerful to be considered a “secondary effect” on an ability that already CC’s. Removing the root, would naturally come with replacing the root with some other effect.

Nobody would be complaining if Fossilize just gave a minor buff/debuff or healed for a bit.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell you what.....why don’t you PvP’ers just get ZOS to nerf all classes down to bare hands and no armour? Job done.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Tell you what.....why don’t you PvP’ers just get ZOS to nerf all classes down to bare hands and no armour? Job done.
    Why does a PvE'er care if fossilize loses its root?