The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    So question... 2h ult ignores resistances correct? Does it effect crit resistances as well? And if the entire point of cloak blade is to not get hit right... Why and the hell do I run impen. I need to be well fit or divine, and if, if I went all divine it might make a tbs build kinda viable... I need more lag free time to play

    You're never going to completely avoid being hit unless you don't engage in fights. For the moments where you can be damaged you need mitigation or you're just going to get bursted. The difference between getting hit by a critical strike wearing full impen vs no impen is huge.

    Yeah but my point is, if we wear like 4 welfit and stack into roll Dodge cp we could play as sort of faux Stamblade style of disengage
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭
    Healing changes are making running a glass cannon build really rough this patch, I think. Finally shelved the Spinner set I was doing well with when I came back to the game last patch. You simply can't out-heal the DOTs everyone is spamming in that kind of set up.

    Someone said in the other thread that sets like Swift will be necessary this patch, and I think they were right; tried it on for size today and did pretty well. Didn't like it much before, felt very meh for a slight increase in defence. But with these constant DOTs it seems to make all the difference.

    Personally I've never dropped Swallow from my bar; that HOT was utterly mandatory for magblade IMO, and helps that it's a workable spammable since bar space is so limited. I'm pissed that they took the heal away from Degeneration though; I've been running that for years now so I don't have to constantly drop AP/gold on spell power pots, but it was just a really nice way to stack another HOT. I guess the new healing ward is kinda that instead, but meh.

    I keep feeling like I should change my bars up; but the only difference I've made throughout these various hard nerfs is changing Flame Reach for Lotus Fan. I was really missing Reach as it was great for dealing with those damn in your face Templars, but hey, that's dead now anyway.

    Not sure I like where this game is going really, it's like they're just slowly carving out all the interesting abilities and turning everything into the same skill with different animations.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Healing changes are making running a glass cannon build really rough this patch, I think. Finally shelved the Spinner set I was doing well with when I came back to the game last patch. You simply can't out-heal the DOTs everyone is spamming in that kind of set up.

    Someone said in the other thread that sets like Swift will be necessary this patch, and I think they were right; tried it on for size today and did pretty well. Didn't like it much before, felt very meh for a slight increase in defence. But with these constant DOTs it seems to make all the difference.

    Personally I've never dropped Swallow from my bar; that HOT was utterly mandatory for magblade IMO, and helps that it's a workable spammable since bar space is so limited. I'm pissed that they took the heal away from Degeneration though; I've been running that for years now so I don't have to constantly drop AP/gold on spell power pots, but it was just a really nice way to stack another HOT. I guess the new healing ward is kinda that instead, but meh.

    I keep feeling like I should change my bars up; but the only difference I've made throughout these various hard nerfs is changing Flame Reach for Lotus Fan. I was really missing Reach as it was great for dealing with those damn in your face Templars, but hey, that's dead now anyway.

    Not sure I like where this game is going really, it's like they're just slowly carving out all the interesting abilities and turning everything into the same skill with different animations.

    Yeah I really, really really miss the days when swallow soul was good. I still use it also but I'm so sad that the playstyle of swallow soul, siphon, degeneration, was all the healing I needed. Just hit that weave and keep mobile with shade and reach. The harder you hit the harder you heal.... Ugh I'm so sad
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    So question... 2h ult ignores resistances correct? Does it effect crit resistances as well? And if the entire point of cloak blade is to not get hit right... Why and the hell do I run impen. I need to be well fit or divine, and if, if I went all divine it might make a tbs build kinda viable... I need more lag free time to play

    You're never going to completely avoid being hit unless you don't engage in fights. For the moments where you can be damaged you need mitigation or you're just going to get bursted. The difference between getting hit by a critical strike wearing full impen vs no impen is huge.

    Yeah but my point is, if we wear like 4 welfit and stack into roll Dodge cp we could play as sort of faux Stamblade style of disengage

    You could but I don't think its worth it for the crit resist you lose.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR29 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro | Stamina Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR32 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR17 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Stamina Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

    >146m AP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    So question... 2h ult ignores resistances correct? Does it effect crit resistances as well? And if the entire point of cloak blade is to not get hit right... Why and the hell do I run impen. I need to be well fit or divine, and if, if I went all divine it might make a tbs build kinda viable... I need more lag free time to play

    You're never going to completely avoid being hit unless you don't engage in fights. For the moments where you can be damaged you need mitigation or you're just going to get bursted. The difference between getting hit by a critical strike wearing full impen vs no impen is huge.

    Yeah but my point is, if we wear like 4 welfit and stack into roll Dodge cp we could play as sort of faux Stamblade style of disengage

    You could but I don't think its worth it for the crit resist you lose.

    Yeah the more I theory craft a roll speced magnb it just doesn't make sense. About the only thing I can think is Amber/calu/balorg but with the Amber sustain I don't know if I will have the burst to bring someone down with a combo
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this patch puts magblades in a pretty weird spot for skills mostly because Shadowy Disguise is better and opponents purging is better. Outside of bombing where this patch is A+.

    Skills

    Shadowy Disguise is good against all the single target DOTs but also is easily countered and then also sucks against single target DOTs.

    Maim from Shadow Image feels very strong but Shadowy Disguise and Shadow Image usually only go together on very squishy builds.

    Destructive Clench is a miserable CC and only Mass Hysteria is awkward against all the ranged DOTs. Lotus Fan/Mass Hysteria is bar slot intensive and Lotus Fan is a decent bit less nice feeling after the nerf.

    Elemental Drain and Crippling Grasp vs just Debilitate feels like you want the former against anyone with purge and the latter against anyone else (to run more bar slot intensive set ups other places).

    Degenerate and Elemental Drain/Debilitate make Siphoning Attacks feel meh until the debuffs key to your sustain keep getting purged off.

    Efficient Purge in theory makes sense but you have to build so hard into sustain that it is hard to keep up a TTK against tankier players when solo. It might be barely worth slotting in 1v1 in a Dark Cloak set up but most of the time a Shadowy Disguise set up puts you in a better place.

    Race Against Time is generally the best anti-snare skill you can slot. If you're running Channeled Acceleration for your bombs then Phantasmal Escape is pretty nice against the Magplars but might still be worse than RAT. Just run RAT unless you're a weirdo who likes trying to play a normal-ish build in between your bomb attempts instead of just optimizing the bomb attempts.

    Consuming Trap/Destructive Reach/Degeneration join the cheese side and realize magblades are not the fine china for a really exquisite cheese plate. It's a bit like putting that performatively bourgeois Brie on a tin plate where the metal flavors screw with the taste of the cheese. Still cheese but clearly substandard.

    Soul Harvest in general feels so much worse... but you can fake out people with it esp by pretending to be unused to the cast time. Faking out on Soul Harvest is going to get worse over time but you can get some hits in without even needing to CC so you can then CC into Assassin's Will. Getting a hit in with an ulti that has a painfully long cast time while still having a CC to combine with the bow proc feels pretty nice tbh.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭
    @GhostofDatthaw

    Amber is still good with say mother's sorrow and bloodspawn. You can stack some crit damage. Destro/LA pen passive and bloodspawn helps with resists. Maybe temporal guard backbar with brp resto?
    Terethea, Breton Vampire, devotee of the Night Mother
    Rivyn Quorathi, Redguard Templar
    Ms Ceresa, High Elf Stormcaller
    Mr Honeycreeper, Imperial crafter
    Synthi, Bosmer Archer
    Margon Sannacherib, Dunmer Assassin
    Brushes-with-Death, Argonian Dragonknight
    Amiri Om, Nord Necromancer
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

    ESO Highight :

  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    These comments are always hilarious. So many experts, meanwhile I’m probably the highest MMR magblade on PC-NA and was rocking a 50%+ win rate at the highest MMR while queuing solo.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 17, 2019 1:01AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Bosov wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    These comments are always hilarious. So many experts, meanwhile I’m probably the highest MMR magblade on PC-NA and was rocking a 50%+ win rate at the highest MMR while queuing solo.

    Pcna huh, I've probably seen you around if you run cyro at all. I'm probably mid range mmr in bgs, I'm to addicted to that open world pvp of cyro. I need the mobility.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Bosov wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    These comments are always hilarious. So many experts, meanwhile I’m probably the highest MMR magblade on PC-NA and was rocking a 50%+ win rate at the highest MMR while queuing solo.

    Pcna huh, I've probably seen you around if you run cyro at all. I'm probably mid range mmr in bgs, I'm to addicted to that open world pvp of cyro. I need the mobility.

    Cyrodiil I play with homicide, only No-CP, though I’m thinking of playing CP pvp with the changes. The changes have killed survivability in no-CP so I might dabble in CP pvp a bit.

    Cyrodiil’s a totally different animal then BGs. For cyrodiil I spec completely differently, but I’m like everyone else where I keep the OP stuff on the down low.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 17, 2019 1:31AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Bosov wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    These comments are always hilarious. So many experts, meanwhile I’m probably the highest MMR magblade on PC-NA and was rocking a 50%+ win rate at the highest MMR while queuing solo.

    Pcna huh, I've probably seen you around if you run cyro at all. I'm probably mid range mmr in bgs, I'm to addicted to that open world pvp of cyro. I need the mobility.

    Cyrodiil I play with homicide, only No-CP, though I’m thinking of playing CP pvp with the changes. The changes have killed survivability in no-CP so I might dabble in CP pvp a bit.

    Cyrodiil’s a totally different animal then BGs. For cyrodiil I spec completely differently, but I’m like everyone else where I keep the OP stuff on the down low.

    I spill all the beans and let chaos take over.
  • HaruKamui
    HaruKamui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Bosov wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    These comments are always hilarious. So many experts, meanwhile I’m probably the highest MMR magblade on PC-NA and was rocking a 50%+ win rate at the highest MMR while queuing solo.

    lulz.

    Never forget: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6063685/#Comment_6063685
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    Wait what? You don't get score for assists in death match, only killing blows count (That's why "kill stealing" is an issue). And in other modes not even those count. Unless you are talking about personal score, which is absolutely meaningless and does not tell you anything about how good a build or player is.
    As a "high MMR player" (btw, isn't MMR still mostly grind based instead of skill/win based?) you should know that.

    That’s not true, scores are given for assists. The team with the most killing blows isn’t the one who always wins.
    Edited by HaruKamui on August 17, 2019 6:15AM
    A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.

    EP Hit Squad
    Haru Kamui - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    Haru Homura - Breton Magicka Templar
    Haru Yuuto - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer

    #GiveMagbladesSnareRemoval <--- Getting some form of this in Elsweyr, sweet!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.
    Edited by Koensol on August 17, 2019 10:22AM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.

    I completely agree, and you pair it with the aoe mit and smare removal on phantismal and it just feels like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, steak and potatoes, sardines and squirt cheese
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Bosov wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

    It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?

    That is a nice way of putting it...

    These comments are always hilarious. So many experts, meanwhile I’m probably the highest MMR magblade on PC-NA and was rocking a 50%+ win rate at the highest MMR while queuing solo.

    Lol....
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.

    I completely agree, and you pair it with the aoe mit and smare removal on phantismal and it just feels like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, steak and potatoes, sardines and squirt cheese

    What the *** is squirt cheese
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.

    I completely agree, and you pair it with the aoe mit and smare removal on phantismal and it just feels like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, steak and potatoes, sardines and squirt cheese

    What the *** is squirt cheese

    Lol non American spotted.

    It's a disgusting cheese that squirts out of an can. Had to bring it in as a joke
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.

    I completely agree, and you pair it with the aoe mit and smare removal on phantismal and it just feels like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, steak and potatoes, sardines and squirt cheese

    What the *** is squirt cheese

    :D
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.

    I completely agree, and you pair it with the aoe mit and smare removal on phantismal and it just feels like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, steak and potatoes, sardines and squirt cheese

    What the *** is squirt cheese

    Lol non American spotted.

    It's a disgusting cheese that squirts out of an can. Had to bring it in as a joke

    I am american as they get. Where i come from that is called cheeze wiz regardless of the brand. Ive literally bever heard it referred to squirt cheese lol.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

    That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

    What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

    I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

    Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.

    Well I’m using swift, Transmutation and bloodspawn. I could run a hot like swallow soul on my damage bar or refreshing path... I’ll have to think about it.

    I usually use one bar for damage and my resto bar for defense/escape. I prefer dark cloak on my healing bar since I need to keep the shadow passives up, and I’m finding the cost on refreshing path kills the ability. 3k cost every 3 seconds for expedition is too much, I don’t want to be OOM as soon as I engage.
    You don't need a hot on the front bar. Any hot you cast from vBRP resto bar will proc trans on transmutation destro front bar. It is a very common way of using trans on support builds. Refreshing path and mutagen will keep proccing it all the time. Also refreshing path is more like 5 sec of expedition because it lingers after you leave path. Dropping this skill, especially after the heal buff is a massive nerf to your healing and group utility on nb. It is also the best way to keep up shadow passives.

    I love refreshing path. I like it so much more that rat just because of the passives and the healing. Path and phantismal are beautiful pairing
    Same here man. It is my favourite nb skill and whenever it's not on my bar it feels wrong. My backbar setup has been the same for a long time: phantasmal escape, siphoning strikes, ward ally, dark cloak, refreshing path. If I wanna do more grouphealing I remove siphoning strikes for mutagen (used to be rapid regen before current patch).

    The reason I don’t like refreshing isn’t because of the ability itself, it’s the cost. 3k as a Breton costs too much for what you get.

    In the prior patch I ran Transmutation, Buffer of the Swift and Pirate Skeleton. My front bar was Healthy Offering, Harness Magicka, Combat Prayer, Refreshing Path and Dark Cloak. I was really tanky, and could survive well against two players.

    This patch I’m struggling. With dots the self dot from Healthy Offering is more of a liability, plus everyone’s squishier. I have to spam Healthy Offering more to keep people up, resulting in requiring more self healing to keep up.

    I’ve been torn between rapid regen and mutagen, but either way the one to replace is refreshing path. The 3k cost for what you get is exorbitant.

    About Buffer of the Swift, burst damage is up enough that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Wearing it I’ll still be easily bursted, and the loss of damage and healing is noticible.

    In this patch the value of damage stats is better then defense. I’d stack damage stats for higher healing tooltips but stick with impen of course.
    Well, I disagree. 3k is not that much really, compared to many other shadow skills like dark cloak. If you are healing you should be weaving in heavy attacks constantly when you have time. It will amp up your hots and help sustain. My old tanky heal build had 1100 regen and I had 0 sustain problems. It was actually too easy to sustain. On new build, I also deal dmg and obviously take a hit to my total healing, but invested more into regen so I get about 1800 unbuffed and can keep up more offensive pressure. Still zero problems sustaining, and when I run out it is not because of refreshing path but because I had to spam ward ally (which is legit expensive) or tryharded too much on offensive bar.

    Refreshing path is way too much healing, passives, buffs and group utility to drop it as a healer. So I don't get what you mean with exorbitant. It's actually a pretty overloaded skill for nb.

    I completely agree, and you pair it with the aoe mit and smare removal on phantismal and it just feels like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, steak and potatoes, sardines and squirt cheese

    What the *** is squirt cheese

    Lol non American spotted.

    It's a disgusting cheese that squirts out of an can. Had to bring it in as a joke

    I am american as they get. Where i come from that is called cheeze wiz regardless of the brand. Ive literally bever heard it referred to squirt cheese lol.

    Lol cheese wiz... Don't make it sound so appealing. It's squirt cheese
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol cheese wiz... Don't make it sound so appealing. It's squirt cheese

    I'm not certain, but I think you can get arrested for that. :)

    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on August 19, 2019 3:41PM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What cracks me up the most is how everybody was shocked that I call it squirt cheese instead of cheese whiz, and not the fact that I made a joke about putting it on sardines
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on August 19, 2019 5:01PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What cracks me up the most is how everybody was shocked that I call it squirt cheese instead of cheese whiz, and not the fact that I made a joke about putting it on sardines

    Trust me, that was my next inquiry but i decided it would be best not to press my curiosity on the subject.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer barbecue sauce on kippers, personally. :*
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    What cracks me up the most is how everybody was shocked that I call it squirt cheese instead of cheese whiz, and not the fact that I made a joke about putting it on sardines

    Trust me, that was my next inquiry but i decided it would be best not to press my curiosity on the subject.

    How dare you question my opinions on taste! My snowflake feelings are RUINED!!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some sick theorycrafting going on here :D I wonder if squirt cheese would work better on front or backbar... hmm
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure on next patch. Haven’t gotten a feel for it live yet so I’m just a console pleb with my head in the sand at this point. I’ll probably start out with my live setup and see how it feels 5 alfiq + 5 necro + BS. I’m guessing with shade cost nerf I may need more sustain so might drop crippling for debilitate for mag steal.

    If that doesn’t work I will probably be trying a 2H build to see how broken onslaught is. Just leveled up the ability and thinking 5 amberplasm (front bar) + 5 shackle + brp resto back bar+ bloodspawn / skoria / zaan depending on what I’m doing.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on August 19, 2019 6:53PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭
    Groth, caluu, spinners/crafty/necro
    For bgs

    Lotus fan/fear/Wall of elements/force pulse/impale - soul harvest or tether

    Refreshing path, cloak, cripple, ward, escape or shade - resto ulti


    Terethea, Breton Vampire, devotee of the Night Mother
    Rivyn Quorathi, Redguard Templar
    Ms Ceresa, High Elf Stormcaller
    Mr Honeycreeper, Imperial crafter
    Synthi, Bosmer Archer
    Margon Sannacherib, Dunmer Assassin
    Brushes-with-Death, Argonian Dragonknight
    Amiri Om, Nord Necromancer
Sign In or Register to comment.