Maintenance for the week of November 18:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Magblade nerfs

  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Flame reach helps you stay at range. Fear is def the better option before the cripple nerf. Now it feels like you are better off staying pure range. My bars are a mess trying to figure out the best option but once you feel the cripple nerf.... you don’t want to play in fear range for anything beyond a defensive cast of it.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Flame reach helps you stay at range. Fear is def the better option before the cripple nerf. Now it feels like you are better off staying pure range. My bars are a mess trying to figure out the best option but once you feel the cripple nerf.... you don’t want to play in fear range for anything beyond a defensive cast of it.

    Unless you want to go with meteor you'll have to play in fear range when you want to use your ultimate.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

    AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR32 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR17 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

    >152m AP
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Flame reach helps you stay at range. Fear is def the better option before the cripple nerf. Now it feels like you are better off staying pure range. My bars are a mess trying to figure out the best option but once you feel the cripple nerf.... you don’t want to play in fear range for anything beyond a defensive cast of it.

    Unless you want to go with meteor you'll have to play in fear range when you want to use your ultimate.

    Yea that’s the other issue. You will basically only press when you have your bow proc, otherwise it’s evade and build stacks. Reach helps keep them off you while you do that.

    Cripple synergized so much better with the spec tho. Big fat nerf tho on multiple fronts. Disappointing to be sorc-lite.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    You could always hope to find a noob sorc on an opposing team in a glass canon spec spamming shields so swallow soul’s healing amount is decent, but I prefer adapting by using all non-reflectable abilities. Reach might not always work, but since DKs will only be reducing projectile damage by 50% at least it will stun.

    Using the master’s destro staff is one of the main reasons Sorcs are so strong right now, I’m surprised more magblades haven’t tried it.

    It’s also not that glass canon. Minor protection, Swift, merciless is equivalent to 33% mitigation. With major protection that’s 48%.

    To put that into resistance value that’s equivalent to 21,780 resistance. With all the pen out there you’d need 31,000 resistance to have as much mitigation as that build, and that’s without major protection.

    With major protection you can’t get that much mitigation with just resistances.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 16, 2019 5:51PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    You could always hope to find a noob sorc on an opposing team in a glass canon spec spamming shields so swallow soul’s healing amount is decent, but I prefer adapting by using all non-reflectable abilities. Reach might not always work, but since DKs will only be reducing projectile damage by 50% at least it will stun.

    Using the master’s destro staff is one of the main reasons Sorcs are so strong right now, I’m surprised more magblades haven’t tried it.

    It’s also not that glass canon. Minor protection, Swift, merciless is equivalent to 33% mitigation. With major protection that’s 48%.

    To put that into resistance value that’s equivalent to 21,780 resistance. With all the pen out there you’d need 31,000 resistance to have as much mitigation as that build, and that’s without major protection.

    With major protection you can’t get that much mitigation with just resistances.

    Swallow soul isn't great but idk where your playing where all magblades are going melee. Melee magblades are even worse currently.

    Master destro is not why sorcs are strong right now at all. The only reason they can work with using that as a spammable is because they have so many others skills to damage with for burst.

    Mitigation is good but if you don't have enough healing you're going to struggle which is way magblades need all the healing they can get. Sure using concealed will prevent you from being countered by reflect but you're forced into melee range and you lose a heal.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

    AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR32 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR17 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

    >152m AP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    You could always hope to find a noob sorc on an opposing team in a glass canon spec spamming shields so swallow soul’s healing amount is decent, but I prefer adapting by using all non-reflectable abilities. Reach might not always work, but since DKs will only be reducing projectile damage by 50% at least it will stun.

    Using the master’s destro staff is one of the main reasons Sorcs are so strong right now, I’m surprised more magblades haven’t tried it.

    It’s also not that glass canon. Minor protection, Swift, merciless is equivalent to 33% mitigation. With major protection that’s 48%.

    To put that into resistance value that’s equivalent to 21,780 resistance. With all the pen out there you’d need 31,000 resistance to have as much mitigation as that build, and that’s without major protection.

    With major protection you can’t get that much mitigation with just resistances.

    Swallow soul isn't great but idk where your playing where all magblades are going melee. Melee magblades are even worse currently.

    Master destro is not why sorcs are strong right now at all. The only reason they can work with using that as a spammable is because they have so many others skills to damage with for burst.

    Mitigation is good but if you don't have enough healing you're going to struggle which is way magblades need all the healing they can get. Sure using concealed will prevent you from being countered by reflect but you're forced into melee range and you lose a heal.

    Depends on your opponents. Most BGs are Wardens, DKs and Sorcs. You’re talking like DKs and Wardens can’t negate all projectile damage.

    I’d look at it moreso that non-reflectable skills do something vs doing nothing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    You could always hope to find a noob sorc on an opposing team in a glass canon spec spamming shields so swallow soul’s healing amount is decent, but I prefer adapting by using all non-reflectable abilities. Reach might not always work, but since DKs will only be reducing projectile damage by 50% at least it will stun.

    Using the master’s destro staff is one of the main reasons Sorcs are so strong right now, I’m surprised more magblades haven’t tried it.

    It’s also not that glass canon. Minor protection, Swift, merciless is equivalent to 33% mitigation. With major protection that’s 48%.

    To put that into resistance value that’s equivalent to 21,780 resistance. With all the pen out there you’d need 31,000 resistance to have as much mitigation as that build, and that’s without major protection.

    With major protection you can’t get that much mitigation with just resistances.

    Swallow soul isn't great but idk where your playing where all magblades are going melee. Melee magblades are even worse currently.

    Master destro is not why sorcs are strong right now at all. The only reason they can work with using that as a spammable is because they have so many others skills to damage with for burst.

    Mitigation is good but if you don't have enough healing you're going to struggle which is way magblades need all the healing they can get. Sure using concealed will prevent you from being countered by reflect but you're forced into melee range and you lose a heal.

    Depends on your opponents. Most BGs are Wardens, DKs and Sorcs. You’re talking like DKs and Wardens can’t negate all projectile damage.

    I’d look at it moreso that non-reflectable skills do something vs doing nothing.

    If you want to counter reflects better then I'd say force pulse is the better option because of the range.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

    AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR32 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR17 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

    >152m AP
  • HaruKamui
    HaruKamui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    That's because magblades in general dont thrive in high MMR matches unless you are a healer. Nightblades excel in more chaotic situations which are not the case for high MMR BGs.

    Swallow soul isn't trash, but is sure could use a buff. I still use it very effectively in my open world magblade spec.
    A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.

    EP Hit Squad
    Haru Kamui - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    Haru Homura - Breton Magicka Templar
    Haru Yuuto - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer

    #GiveMagbladesSnareRemoval <--- Getting some form of this in Elsweyr, sweet!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    You could always hope to find a noob sorc on an opposing team in a glass canon spec spamming shields so swallow soul’s healing amount is decent, but I prefer adapting by using all non-reflectable abilities. Reach might not always work, but since DKs will only be reducing projectile damage by 50% at least it will stun.

    Using the master’s destro staff is one of the main reasons Sorcs are so strong right now, I’m surprised more magblades haven’t tried it.

    It’s also not that glass canon. Minor protection, Swift, merciless is equivalent to 33% mitigation. With major protection that’s 48%.

    To put that into resistance value that’s equivalent to 21,780 resistance. With all the pen out there you’d need 31,000 resistance to have as much mitigation as that build, and that’s without major protection.

    With major protection you can’t get that much mitigation with just resistances.

    Swallow soul isn't great but idk where your playing where all magblades are going melee. Melee magblades are even worse currently.

    Master destro is not why sorcs are strong right now at all. The only reason they can work with using that as a spammable is because they have so many others skills to damage with for burst.

    Mitigation is good but if you don't have enough healing you're going to struggle which is way magblades need all the healing they can get. Sure using concealed will prevent you from being countered by reflect but you're forced into melee range and you lose a heal.

    Depends on your opponents. Most BGs are Wardens, DKs and Sorcs. You’re talking like DKs and Wardens can’t negate all projectile damage.

    I’d look at it moreso that non-reflectable skills do something vs doing nothing.

    If you want to counter reflects better then I'd say force pulse is the better option because of the range.

    That’s what started the discussion, I mentioned swallow soul is probably the worst spammable for a magblade.

    I used crushing shock with the vAS staff for a while, combines well with iceheart but ended up dropping it.

    I’ve found the best spammable is actually elemental ring with wild impulse. It’s not so much a ‘spammable’ because every cast of elemental ring resets the dot, but it’s still better then swallow soul because of reflections, or crushing shock for damage due to targeting problems.

    Higher MMR being difficult for magblades I think is moreso a spec issue. With wild impulse people are usually tightly stacked so it’s effective. In general single target/duel specs are ineffective, especially if they rely on projectiles, and the magblade meta seems to be pure single target and 0 group support so it’s bound to be weak. Like I said, as a healer I’m usually 1:2 damage to healing, and in your average BG I’ll go 400k damage and 900k healing. I’ll see magblades go 400-500k damage when I do see them and I get as many kills as them.

    Maybe post patch with merciless mitigation things will improve, it’s hard to say. I think you could do well as a magblade depending on your spec.

    I’m regards to starter BGs vs higher MMR. I think I’ve gone 21-1 in starter BGs in a death match and any class can do that, I don’t think creating a spec counting on weak opponents is a good idea. The aim should be to win against the toughest competition, because if you can win there you can win anywhere.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 17, 2019 3:54AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • HaruKamui
    HaruKamui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You guys are still planning on running blood spawn post patch?

    15% mitigation from merciless is substantial. For example looking at your guy’s stat sheet against a competent sorc you’ll be brought down to 15000 magicka resists or 23% mitigation with penetration.

    So merciless plus minor protection will give you the same amount of protection as everything you’ve put into resistances.

    One thing you might want to try...
    7 light using buffer of the swift and merciless. Basicly tank resistances and depend on merciless 15%, Buffer 10% and maybe 8% minor protection for 33% mitigation immune to penetration.

    I'm a fan of stacking mitigation buffs over armor for a long time now, basically since bleed meta and even more after shields changes - as everyone is running spinner/spriggan. Pirate skeleton is such a fantastic set as long as you have hots up to heal you up. Also minor protection via dark cloak and major evasion are extremly underestimated, as well as maim (which we sadly lust to our fear....)

    Hum yea, pirate skeleton might be a really good setup. I was more thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144139

    Though I haven’t played a pure dps build in a while, it looks like it would be fun. Pirate skeleton might be better then Skoria for major protection and added tankiness.

    Debilitate getting minor magic steal opens up icy conjuror on the back bar.

    Probably best to add harness magicka too since 7 light will boost it a lot too.

    That build looks really strange to me. I'm not sure what you're going to kill with shock ring and sap essence.

    Look closer. Icy conjuror procs from the back bar, elemental ring puts a dot on all targets and on PTS sap hits as hard as concealed blade. There’s no reason to use concealed blade unless you use shadowy disguise.

    My concern is moreso lack of defense, not offense.

    Premise is to put shade up, ring for a dot, debilitate for icy conjuror from range, lotus fan and sap in melee. 4 dots plus conjuror should be a lot of pressure.

    I’m thinking master’s staff reach might be a better spammable, then drop ring and sap and put harness magicka on the front bar. Add pirate skelly. Have to play test these things to see what works best.

    I saw the Ice Conjurer but my point still stands. If you're planning on using sap essence as a spammable you'll need to stay in melee range on a build with very little survivability. I haven't tested it on PTS but I even after the buffs I don't think sap essence can replace a single target spammalble. I can't see this build working against any strong players.

    Also why would you use master inferno and reach when nightblade has both a stronger stun and a class spammable that heals you.

    Oh, because swallow soul is trash. There’s a reason most magblades who been pvping for a while are melee or healers, I haven’t seen a ranged magblade in higher MMR in months. Mass hysteria is also melee range.

    Against experienced opponents the value of swallow soul drops dramatically. If you do enough BGs you’re going to be fighting almost all Sorcs, DKs and Wardens and swallow soul doesn’t work against 2 of those 3 classes, when it does work they will have higher resistances.

    You could always hope to find a noob sorc on an opposing team in a glass canon spec spamming shields so swallow soul’s healing amount is decent, but I prefer adapting by using all non-reflectable abilities. Reach might not always work, but since DKs will only be reducing projectile damage by 50% at least it will stun.

    Using the master’s destro staff is one of the main reasons Sorcs are so strong right now, I’m surprised more magblades haven’t tried it.

    It’s also not that glass canon. Minor protection, Swift, merciless is equivalent to 33% mitigation. With major protection that’s 48%.

    To put that into resistance value that’s equivalent to 21,780 resistance. With all the pen out there you’d need 31,000 resistance to have as much mitigation as that build, and that’s without major protection.

    With major protection you can’t get that much mitigation with just resistances.

    Swallow soul isn't great but idk where your playing where all magblades are going melee. Melee magblades are even worse currently.

    Master destro is not why sorcs are strong right now at all. The only reason they can work with using that as a spammable is because they have so many others skills to damage with for burst.

    Mitigation is good but if you don't have enough healing you're going to struggle which is way magblades need all the healing they can get. Sure using concealed will prevent you from being countered by reflect but you're forced into melee range and you lose a heal.

    Depends on your opponents. Most BGs are Wardens, DKs and Sorcs. You’re talking like DKs and Wardens can’t negate all projectile damage.

    I’d look at it moreso that non-reflectable skills do something vs doing nothing.

    If you want to counter reflects better then I'd say force pulse is the better option because of the range.

    That’s what started the discussion, I mentioned swallow soul is probably the worst spammable for a magblade.

    I used crushing shock with the vAS staff for a while, combines well with iceheart but ended up dropping it.

    I’ve found the best spammable is actually elemental ring with wild impulse. It’s not so much a ‘spammable’ because every cast of elemental ring resets the dot, but it’s still better then swallow soul because of reflections, or crushing shock for damage due to targeting problems.

    Higher MMR being difficult for magblades I think is moreso a spec issue. With wild impulse people are usually tightly stacked so it’s effective. In general single target/duel specs are ineffective, especially if they rely on projectiles, and the magblade meta seems to be pure single target and 0 group support so it’s bound to be weak. Like I said, as a healer I’m usually 1:2 damage to healing, and in your average BG I’ll go 400k damage and 900k healing. I’ll see magblades go 400-500k damage when I do see them and I get as many kills as them.

    Maybe post patch with merciless mitigation things will improve, it’s hard to say. I think you could do well as a magblade depending on your spec.

    I’m regards to starter BGs vs higher MMR. I think I’ve gone 21-1 in starter BGs in a death match and any class can do that, I don’t think creating a spec counting on weak opponents is a good idea. The aim should be to win against the toughest competition, because if you can win there you can win anywhere.

    I never said anything about starter BGs at all buddy. Why would anyone create a spec to count on weak opponents? That's just dumb and I feel like you're looking down on anyone who has a different opinion that yours by the way you are replying in this thread.

    I said more chaotic situations, and while sure starter BGs fall under that category, i'm more referring to 1vXs or open world fights where I can disengage wherever I want, reset my fights, and not make my team auto lose because I made the fight 3v4 because I disengaged. DPS Magblades are selfish solo specs which is why they will never be great in high MMR matches (which are boring 4v4v4 clusterfucks with mass snares and immobiliziations and aoe spam), unless large maps are introduced and the game mode is domination or crazy king (which would promote more strategic breaking off of groups).

    You are a healer, and numbers dont mean anything unless you are doing meaningful damage. Sure you can be spamming small bits of aoe damage through out the fight giving you your damage numbers, but that doesn't mean anything unless it's converted to a kill. I'll give you an example: i use a magplar and deal a whole lot of damage throughout a long period of time to get 1 kill, say I dealt a total of 60k damage to kill someone with 25k hp. Now compare that to a magblade who dealt 30k damage to also get a kill on a 25k hp target. both of those are worth the same points on a deathmatch. See what I mean? Your numbers aren't proof of anything, and you are in no position to call magblades who use swallow soul ineffective.
    Edited by HaruKamui on May 17, 2019 8:34AM
    A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.

    EP Hit Squad
    Haru Kamui - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    Haru Homura - Breton Magicka Templar
    Haru Yuuto - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer

    #GiveMagbladesSnareRemoval <--- Getting some form of this in Elsweyr, sweet!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s not how scoring in death matches work, it’s actually the opposite. You get points for kills and assists. So while as a healer I’ll get maybe 0-9 kills I’ll also get 5-10 assists.

    For example yesterday I played a game where everyone on my team went maybe 10-2 but we still lost. The reason was lack of assists, not kills. The scoring system promotes killing blows and high damage, not just killing blow.

    In regards to me talking down to people, it’s actually the opposite. I think I’m the only magblade who plays in higher MMR on PC-NA (might be more I don’t see due to playtime differences). I’m putting my view up and it’s constantly being challenged, sometimes ridiculed.

    All I’m saying is the consensus is magblades are the weakest pvp class. I’ve never once had someone say I’m the weak link in a group. Most magblades use swallow soul and I don’t, I think there’s a connection.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? You don't get score for assists in death match, only killing blows count (That's why "kill stealing" is an issue). And in other modes not even those count. Unless you are talking about personal score, which is absolutely meaningless and does not tell you anything about how good a build or player is.
    As a "high MMR player" (btw, isn't MMR still mostly grind based instead of skill/win based?) you should know that.
    Edited by Rianai on May 17, 2019 1:57PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Wait what? You don't get score for assists in death match, only killing blows count (That's why "kill stealing" is an issue). And in other modes not even those count. Unless you are talking about personal score, which is absolutely meaningless and does not tell you anything about how good a build or player is.
    As a "high MMR player" (btw, isn't MMR still mostly grind based instead of skill/win based?) you should know that.

    That’s not true, scores are given for assists. The team with the most killing blows isn’t the one who always wins.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    Wait what? You don't get score for assists in death match, only killing blows count (That's why "kill stealing" is an issue). And in other modes not even those count. Unless you are talking about personal score, which is absolutely meaningless and does not tell you anything about how good a build or player is.
    As a "high MMR player" (btw, isn't MMR still mostly grind based instead of skill/win based?) you should know that.

    That’s not true, scores are given for assists. The team with the most killing blows isn’t the one who always wins.

    No.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is supposed to be a hybrid ranged/melee build. If you want to play a pure ranged build magsorc is probably a better option.

    No, its not LOL....
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Magblade is supposed to be a hybrid ranged/melee build. If you want to play a pure ranged build magsorc is probably a better option.

    No, its not LOL....

    Curious what your theory on what the class was design as then.

    It def worked really well as a hybrid range/melee class before the cripple expedition nerf
    Edited by Insco851 on May 19, 2019 2:49AM
  • Firebrand10
    Firebrand10
    ✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    Wait what? You don't get score for assists in death match, only killing blows count (That's why "kill stealing" is an issue). And in other modes not even those count. Unless you are talking about personal score, which is absolutely meaningless and does not tell you anything about how good a build or player is.
    As a "high MMR player" (btw, isn't MMR still mostly grind based instead of skill/win based?) you should know that.

    That’s not true, scores are given for assists. The team with the most killing blows isn’t the one who always wins.

    Kind of funny that you claim that other magblades are building wrong because they're not built like you, but then totally not understand the most basic rule of the game mode you are playing...

    I also have to reiterate. You are a healer who plays BGs. You are not going to run into the problems solo magblades run into. How many times do i have to say before you acknowledge it?

    Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you're doing well as a magblade healer in "high mmr bgs." I really am. But when it comes to solo magblade's concerns in open world pvp, your experience as a healer in bgs don't really mean much. Not to sound harsh, but in every pvp magblade discussion, you always pop up and say things about how "magblade is perfectly fine, why? because im doing very well. Im a bg healer btw" and then the topic often gets stuck there because you're always commenting the same thing.

    Please expand your point of view.

    I couldn't agree more.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay fine, sorry I interrupted your pity party. Continue specing how you like.

    The forums are rife with every class thinking they’re less powerful then others. If people want to continue to spec a certain way of course you can, just don’t complain about performance of the class as if there aren’t choices.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭
    Most magblades just don‘t warnt to be reduced to BG healers. Perhaps your posts would be taken more serious if you would not always refer to your prefered Game mode

  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    That’s not how scoring in death matches work, it’s actually the opposite. You get points for kills and assists. So while as a healer I’ll get maybe 0-9 kills I’ll also get 5-10 assists.

    For example yesterday I played a game where everyone on my team went maybe 10-2 but we still lost. The reason was lack of assists, not kills. The scoring system promotes killing blows and high damage, not just killing blow.

    In regards to me talking down to people, it’s actually the opposite. I think I’m the only magblade who plays in higher MMR on PC-NA (might be more I don’t see due to playtime differences). I’m putting my view up and it’s constantly being challenged, sometimes ridiculed.

    All I’m saying is the consensus is magblades are the weakest pvp class. I’ve never once had someone say I’m the weak link in a group. Most magblades use swallow soul and I don’t, I think there’s a connection.

    Oh my.... lol
  • HaruKamui
    HaruKamui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Okay fine, sorry I interrupted your pity party. Continue specing how you like.

    The forums are rife with every class thinking they’re less powerful then others. If people want to continue to spec a certain way of course you can, just don’t complain about performance of the class as if there aren’t choices.

    Then you miss the entire purpose of class balance discussion. Bye
    A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.

    EP Hit Squad
    Haru Kamui - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    Haru Homura - Breton Magicka Templar
    Haru Yuuto - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer

    #GiveMagbladesSnareRemoval <--- Getting some form of this in Elsweyr, sweet!
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    That’s not how scoring in death matches work, it’s actually the opposite. You get points for kills and assists. So while as a healer I’ll get maybe 0-9 kills I’ll also get 5-10 assists.

    For example yesterday I played a game where everyone on my team went maybe 10-2 but we still lost. The reason was lack of assists, not kills. The scoring system promotes killing blows and high damage, not just killing blow.

    In regards to me talking down to people, it’s actually the opposite. I think I’m the only magblade who plays in higher MMR on PC-NA (might be more I don’t see due to playtime differences). I’m putting my view up and it’s constantly being challenged, sometimes ridiculed.

    All I’m saying is the consensus is magblades are the weakest pvp class. I’ve never once had someone say I’m the weak link in a group. Most magblades use swallow soul and I don’t, I think there’s a connection.

    Everyone on your team being 10-2 and still lost? You know that is impossible...
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭
    I play with all classes (both variants) and my main char is not a magblade but i would like to leave my feedback aswell, since i follow this thread...
    I play 75% pvp and i rarely play trials... So ill speak from a pvp point of view, and magicka only for obvious reasons.

    Playing other classes (with some regularity) gives us an "global insight" how things work (classes strenghts and weaknesses, counters, skills, etc etc), but imo has a downside which is not excel at a specific one since you divide your focus and muscle memory is not so responsive.

    I somewhat understand @Iskiab point of view since sometimes i find very skillfull magblades players in EU, and the role may vary but are mostly damage ones.
    But what Iskiab has to understand is that they are very rare now (good players) and because 3 or 4 players are pvp elite that doesnt mean the subclass is balanced or in a good spot, since pvp is not only BGs, or open world or Imperial city, and all have their own approach pvp and build wise.

    So my general feedback, leaving skill specifics, is that magblades have been getting nerfs every new patch, for years now, and have being losing identity (like templars have) because devs are always trying to keep the stamina version in leash, and the magicka one suffers always more.

    This subclass is by far the one i have more difficulty to play, the one i feel more disoriented because i have tried a lot of sets/skills combos but my damage never seems to reach what i manage in other classes...
    Honestly, sometimes i feel this class is a fearbot, when all i can do is provide fear to my enemies so another ally, or my group, can finish them off...
    Imo this is the one which requires more skill from the player in many ways, although i have in consideration that i cannot be good at all roles and some classes fit better with our playstyle than others.

    Sry for the long post 🙄
    Edited by miteba on May 21, 2019 1:41AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    I play with all classes (both variants) and my main char is not a magblade but i would like to leave my feedback aswell, since i follow this thread...
    I play 75% pvp and i rarely play trials... So ill speak from a pvp point of view, and magicka only for obvious reasons.

    Playing other classes (with some regularity) gives us an "global insight" how things work (classes strenghts and weaknesses, counters, skills, etc etc), but imo has a downside which is not excel at a specific one since you divide your focus and muscle memory is not so responsive.

    I somewhat understand @Iskiab point of view since sometimes i find very skillfull magblades players in EU, and the role may vary but are mostly damage ones.
    But what Iskiab has to understand is that they are very rare now (good players) and because 3 or 4 players are pvp elite that doesnt mean the subclass is balanced or in a good spot, since pvp is not only BGs, or open world or Imperial city, and all have their own approach pvp and build wise.

    So my general feedback, leaving skill specifics, is that magblades have been getting nerfs every new patch, for years now, and have being losing identity (like templars have) because devs are always trying to keep the stamina version in leash, and the magicka one suffers always more.

    This subclass is by far the one i have more difficulty to play, the one i feel more disoriented because i have tried a lot of sets/skills combos but my damage never seems to reach what i manage in other classes...
    Honestly, sometimes i feel this class is a fearbot, when all i can do is provide fear to my enemies so another ally, or my group, can finish them off...
    Imo this is the one which requires more skill from the player in many ways, although i have in consideration that i cannot be good at all roles and some classes fit better with our playstyle than others.

    Sry for the long post 🙄

    100% takes more skill than other classes because the sustained damage is inherently low while the burst potential is incredibly high but also behind a 5 La paywall. This also means you have to work a bit harder for kills overall. (Unless you crutching on a proc like caalurions/zaan)

    I also think that’s why learning the class is so fun. It’s not rolfstomplolz... there’s plenty other options for that.
    Edited by Insco851 on May 21, 2019 8:15AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Most magblades just don‘t warnt to be reduced to BG healers. Perhaps your posts would be taken more serious if you would not always refer to your prefered Game mode

    I’m doing that intentionally. The biggest issue I see in the class discussions is there’s no context, whenever I see people stating their opinions there’s usually nothing about playstyle or where they’re playing so you get wildly different opinions. Some things might work in one setting but suck in others, and vice versa.

    Anyways, think my original post’s been buried by now so my point is missing so I’ll restate it.

    Here’s my point:
    1. If you look at classes they’re all relatively the same dps in pve, but magblade feels lower in pvp because it is
    2. Reason for this is the devs have gone out of their way to reduce magblade dps compared to other classes for pve
    3. In pve the strongest dps abilities are: Impale, blockade, twisting path which all have issues working in pvp
    4. While trying to bring down magblade dps they’ve done it by tuning magblade abilities so a lot are overly weak
    5. Nightblade still has the strongest pure damage or healing passives, and some of the best utility

    So the best way to adapt is by not using magblade damage abilities when you can, and use more weapon and skill line abilities. Skills like swallow soul are crazy undertuned for pvp.

    Until the devs do a pass on class passives this will work well. It won’t be until they equalize class passives that magblades will really be in a bad spot.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 21, 2019 10:06AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • HaruKamui
    HaruKamui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Most magblades just don‘t warnt to be reduced to BG healers. Perhaps your posts would be taken more serious if you would not always refer to your prefered Game mode

    I’m doing that intentionally. The biggest issue I see in the class discussions is there’s no context, whenever I see people stating their opinions there’s usually nothing about playstyle or where they’re playing so you get wildly different opinions. Some things might work in one setting but suck in others, and vice versa.

    Anyways, think my original post’s been buried by now so my point is missing so I’ll restate it.

    Here’s my point:
    1. If you look at classes they’re all relatively the same dps in pve, but magblade feels lower in pvp because it is
    2. Reason for this is the devs have gone out of their way to reduce magblade dps compared to other classes for pve
    3. In pve the strongest dps abilities are: Impale, blockade, twisting path which all have issues working in pvp
    4. While trying to bring down magblade dps they’ve done it by tuning magblade abilities so a lot are overly weak
    5. Nightblade still has the strongest pure damage or healing passives, and some of the best utility

    So the best way to adapt is by not using magblade damage abilities when you can, and use more weapon and skill line abilities. Skills like swallow soul are crazy undertuned for pvp.

    Until the devs do a pass on class passives this will work well. It won’t be until they equalize class passives that magblades will really be in a bad spot.

    Again with you and the damage numbers. The whole reason why a typical magblade is weak in PVP is not because it lacks damage, we have that in spades. It's because they lack defensive options. If you look at most pvp magblade buff discussions, a majority of it is related to increasing survivability. So yes, I still think you don't get the point... And again, it's because you are a BG healer and there's nothing wrong with that. You just don't run into the issues an open world solo magblade is running into.

    I've actually been a lot less vocal about getting magblades buffed once i saw the RAT changes since that addresses my concerns regarding magblades. I think my build is gonna be in a great spot this patch. But I get where the concerns are from other magblade playstyles, and you keep shooting it down but you miss the point completely, which is kind of funny but also annoying. [/quote]
    Edited by HaruKamui on May 21, 2019 4:07PM
    A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.

    EP Hit Squad
    Haru Kamui - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    Haru Homura - Breton Magicka Templar
    Haru Yuuto - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer

    #GiveMagbladesSnareRemoval <--- Getting some form of this in Elsweyr, sweet!
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Most magblades just don‘t warnt to be reduced to BG healers. Perhaps your posts would be taken more serious if you would not always refer to your prefered Game mode

    I’m doing that intentionally. The biggest issue I see in the class discussions is there’s no context, whenever I see people stating their opinions there’s usually nothing about playstyle or where they’re playing so you get wildly different opinions. Some things might work in one setting but suck in others, and vice versa.

    Anyways, think my original post’s been buried by now so my point is missing so I’ll restate it.

    Here’s my point:
    1. If you look at classes they’re all relatively the same dps in pve, but magblade feels lower in pvp because it is
    2. Reason for this is the devs have gone out of their way to reduce magblade dps compared to other classes for pve
    3. In pve the strongest dps abilities are: Impale, blockade, twisting path which all have issues working in pvp
    4. While trying to bring down magblade dps they’ve done it by tuning magblade abilities so a lot are overly weak
    5. Nightblade still has the strongest pure damage or healing passives, and some of the best utility

    So the best way to adapt is by not using magblade damage abilities when you can, and use more weapon and skill line abilities. Skills like swallow soul are crazy undertuned for pvp.

    Until the devs do a pass on class passives this will work well. It won’t be until they equalize class passives that magblades will really be in a bad spot.

    Again with you and the damage numbers. The whole reason why a typical magblade is weak in PVP is not because it lacks damage, we have that in spades. It's because they lack defensive options. If you look at most pvp magblade buff discussions, a majority of it is related to increasing survivability. So yes, I still think you don't get the point... And again, it's because you are a BG healer and there's nothing wrong with that. You just don't run into the issues an open world solo magblade is running into.

    I've actually been a lot less vocal about getting magblades buffed once i saw the RAT changes since that addresses my concerns regarding magblades. I think my build is gonna be in a great spot this patch. But I get where the concerns are from other magblade playstyles, and you keep shooting it down but you miss the point completely, which is kind of funny but also annoying.
    [/quote]

    Burst in spades, bad sustained dmg. Pressure via CC’s. Big reason why I think it’ll be tough to switch to debilitate.
Sign In or Register to comment.