Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has this patch changed the choice of class you main?

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a main, all my characters are equal individuals. None of them will change as a result of this update, just as none of them changed as a result of any previous updates. That's from a non-competitive point of view, I have no interest in PvP or competitive PvE.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May need to make some adjustments to my Healers and DDs.

Nothing too major.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well; I was mainging magplar and they are in a great spot, but I have been pushing on my stamcro a bit. Maybe I have a little hipster in my saying "Magplar is too main stream."
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    Please keep your comments civil. This is not a baiting post. I'm honestly curious about any changes you as a player has had to make to adapt to this patch, class wise or skills wise.

Example: Healers are you still maining your usual class and what skills have you made changes to? How about gear?
    Dd: Are you playing your main dps character or have you decided to play a different classs ? Are you still going to play on your main dps but with skill or weapon chages?
    Tank: Have you noticed any major changes to your tanking skills and have you had to make any tweaks or major adaptations to your overall build ?

Thank you kindly for your comments in advance and yes I realise a lot of players are feeling the sting of having their beloved class nerfed but please try to answer my questions and then vent lol
    Thank you 😊😊😊

We are Legion...we have no main.

Seriously with 18 characters...while I do consider one as my main I spread the time around a lot. Then again shiny things distract me...
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannix1958 wrote: »
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    Please keep your comments civil. This is not a baiting post. I'm honestly curious about any changes you as a player has had to make to adapt to this patch, class wise or skills wise.

Example: Healers are you still maining your usual class and what skills have you made changes to? How about gear?
    Dd: Are you playing your main dps character or have you decided to play a different classs ? Are you still going to play on your main dps but with skill or weapon chages?
    Tank: Have you noticed any major changes to your tanking skills and have you had to make any tweaks or major adaptations to your overall build ?

Thank you kindly for your comments in advance and yes I realise a lot of players are feeling the sting of having their beloved class nerfed but please try to answer my questions and then vent lol
    Thank you 😊😊😊

We are Legion...we have no main.

Seriously with 18 characters...while I do consider one as my main I spread the time around a lot. Then again shiny things distract me...

I have a main the 2 after my main then more alts...I have a stamina and magicka of each class but i main stamblade
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just saying screw it and going Magsorc finally. ZOS seems incredibly determined to kill off any of us last few playing medium armor in PVP.
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hasn’t really changed my class decision as much as it’s changed what I do in the game.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch does. But that's why I have such a wide variety of characters. I do not get attached to just one character because it makes adapting that much harder. Eventually my MagSorc will see the light of day again, but right now others are taking the primary role. And I've come to realize I actually like this. I'm forced to play other characters if I still want to be competitive in the Vet trial core groups, and ultimately it's made me a better player. I know the pros and cons of almost every class, and how some classes just work better in different trials/dungeons. Don't get me wrong though, the initial gut check from all the nerfs each patch gets me as well, but I just try to move on as quickly as possible......didn't your mom ever tell you to not cry over spilt milk?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using my magsorc as my main. The only thing I've changed was adding consuming trap and degeneration.

My secondary is my argonian warden healer and I can't see that I'll change anything on her tbh. I never really spammed springs with her because there was never a need even in vet content. Layering springs with her warden circle heals is generally more than enough.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE swapping to StamSorc from StamBlade.

PvP I play various anyway so idk. May not play at all.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was pet mag sorc. Still pet mag sorc.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 2 characters. Both dks. So no.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Every patch does. But that's why I have such a wide variety of characters. I do not get attached to just one character because it makes adapting that much harder. Eventually my MagSorc will see the light of day again, but right now others are taking the primary role. And I've come to realize I actually like this. I'm forced to play other characters if I still want to be competitive in the Vet trial core groups, and ultimately it's made me a better player. I know the pros and cons of almost every class, and how some classes just work better in different trials/dungeons. Don't get me wrong though, the initial gut check from all the nerfs each patch gets me as well, but I just try to move on as quickly as possible......didn't your mom ever tell you to not cry over spilt milk?

Cool ty for reply
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using my magsorc as my main. The only thing I've changed was adding consuming trap and degeneration.

My secondary is my argonian warden healer and I can't see that I'll change anything on her tbh. I never really spammed springs with her because there was never a need even in vet content. Layering springs with her warden circle heals is generally more than enough.

Sounds good 😊
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped having a main a long time ago.

Now I just play whatever class works the best for the current state of the game.
    Playing since beta...
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, not really. I have a small pool of characters that I actually play. I'll still play the same characters, what will change is what I do and how I play them.

My "main" characters are the characters that chase the achievements. It's hard to abandon those and the reason why it's hard to adopt the "just have a couple of each character" mentality. I do have them, with the exception of necros, but most are a byproduct of trying the classes out and not deleting once they hit 50.

In my case they're primarily DDs, though I can heal and tank with them, at least up to vet DLCs reasonably well. I PvP with them, PvE, quest, craft, etc. In terms of DPS, a few adjustments is all they really need. That being said I'm not a fan of the dot meta. It's not fun to me and feels flavorless. The difference is subtle at times, but it's there. I'll give it a bit and see if I can find something off meta to do the content that I enjoy doing, or I'll do something else.
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    Still on my warden healer
    Still sitting pretty
  • Bexy
    Bexy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still a Stam Sorc main and I didn't change anything except for a few skills and morphs.
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    No. I'm one stubborn magsorc.