Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How come I can't create a white imperial character?

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
In the game world I see alot of white skinned colored imperial characters but when I go the create one the skin shades are alot darker?
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racist!!

Lock it down!
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i thought their whole thing was that they're a bit tanned?

it could be the lighting in the character creator as well
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how this question is racist. Just a matter of preference
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    i thought their whole thing was that they're a bit tanned?

it could be the lighting in the character creator as well

Maybe but I notice when interacting with in world characters they are clearly imperial but alot lighter
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tho
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You can tho

You can what?
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's their elven ancestry and that's why they are so lightly tanned? you can always put on the frost skin to lighten their skins tho'^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they all went to Alik'r for their hollybobs and the sunburn is finally starting to brown off nicely.

Remember folks, always wear sunscreen!!!!!!!
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's their elven ancestry and that's why they are so lightly tanned? you can always put on the frost skin to lighten their skins tho'^^

I guess I could do that but I don't really see that explaining why this difference occurs in the creation process.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May be a breton or a nord. They're pretty pasty
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    May be a breton or a nord. They're pretty pasty

Sure but that doesn't help me with this question.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're modelled after Greeks/Romans so they have a slight tan. If you want no tan, play Breton.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 14, 2019 9:50AM
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials are white. They're modelled after Greeks/Romans so they have a slight tan.

You didn't read my question then. In the game world I find alot lighter skinned characters that are clearly imperial. But when I go to create one I can't change the skin shader to those likes.
    Edited by Cladius30 on August 14, 2019 9:52AM
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You can tho

You can what?

My imperial is white af
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an Imperial once (ugly girl, got deleted).... but she was fair... yes she had a slight tan but no more than a holiday in Greece would give you... definitely still white....
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My imperial is pretty damn Caucasian. I haven't seen any imperials with skin lighter than mine, except for Abnur.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a option in the creation to make a not tanned imperial. But see them in the game. Don't get it.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a option in the creation to make a not tanned imperial. But see them in the game. Don't get it.

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure they're not actually a different race and/or a vampire?
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah or maybe it’s just the light in character creation (as someone said above)....?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones with the elven ancestry are the -Bretons-!

Imperials have nedic and a smidge of akaviri ancestry (from when the last akaviri humans fled Akavir back in what, the first era or so?)

Anyhow...
    ...regardless of whatever the lore says about "typical" imperals (or any other race); there really -ought- to be an option for purchasing a wider selection of colors, both skin and hair.
    Why?
    Because lorewise... well, that IS how "halfbreed" characters would appear in ESO. With the racial traits (aka, passives) of theirt mother, but some -traces- (aka, appearance) of their father!

I mean, how many black-haired altmer do we see in the game? But can you make one??? Exactly!

So... an imperial character with some nord blood might be pale-skinned! An altmer character with some ayleid blood perhaps might be black-haired!

And it would make a LOT of sense for ZOS to sell an unlock in the crown store to allow people the option of using cross-racial skin and hair and eye colors just in case they want to play as such!

Heck, there are a great many other things I would want to see. Like... structural unlocks!
    Let us pay to play taller then possible "titanbborn" nords!
    Let us pay to play stouter then possible imperial matrons that make the best pasta!
    Let us pay to play shorter then possible breton dwarves who drink wine and know things!
    Let us pay to play more muscular then possibe orcs people wouldn't like if they got angry!
    Let us pay to play fatter then possible redguard haren guards who gave up -much- for their job!
    Let us pay to play tinier then possible petite dunmer assassins that can squeeze through any arrowslit!
    Let us pay to play skinnier then possible necromancers that look like they -really- need a sammich right now!

See ZOS? There is so much you could -sell-! And there would also loads of appearacne change tokens sold with such, as people update their favorite characters...
    Look, ZOS, look! PROFIT! You know you want to... ;):lol:
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lighting on the character creation screen is bad. Toons never, ever look the same in-world as they do on the creation screen.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the game world I see alot of white skinned colored imperial characters but when I go the create one the skin shades are alot darker?

Have you tried adjusting the gamma on your monitor? They look like they can get pretty pale on my screen. Downright "Twilight" for some...
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really I will look in to this
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level 4 vampirism seems to be pretty effective bleach. Too bad about eyes.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials are white. They're modelled after Greeks/Romans so they have a slight tan.

You didn't read my question then. In the game world I find alot lighter skinned characters that are clearly imperial. But when I go to create one I can't change the skin shader to those likes.
    Same with black hair for Altmer.
    For some reasons some options in character creation are removed for players even if NPC can have them.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chars always look a lot darker in the character creation menu than later ingame.
    Same on Argonians. I wanted the skin to be dark black and it turned out to be light gray...
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same reason my Nord can't have black hair, idiotic restrictions built into the character creation process.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will be open to more customizations for creating characters in the future. One can hope.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will be open to more customizations for creating characters in the future. One can hope.

Yeah, tied to crown crates, like always.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You can't create white imperials" // "other folks have white imperials". Well... Either you CAN make white imperials, or those characters are not imperials.

The only other options would be that they use a specific skin that bleaches them, which in general would be fairly easy to spot due to additionnal markings, or vampirism, which is even easier to spot.

So, my question then is how can you be so absolutely sure that those supposedly white imperials you see are truly imperials, if you can't make them ?