Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

How come I can't create a white imperial character?

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
In the game world I see alot of white skinned colored imperial characters but when I go the create one the skin shades are alot darker?
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    i thought their whole thing was that they're a bit tanned?

it could be the lighting in the character creator as well

Maybe but I notice when interacting with in world characters they are clearly imperial but alot lighter
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You can tho

You can what?
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's their elven ancestry and that's why they are so lightly tanned? you can always put on the frost skin to lighten their skins tho'^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's their elven ancestry and that's why they are so lightly tanned? you can always put on the frost skin to lighten their skins tho'^^

I guess I could do that but I don't really see that explaining why this difference occurs in the creation process.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May be a breton or a nord. They're pretty pasty
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    May be a breton or a nord. They're pretty pasty

Sure but that doesn't help me with this question.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials are white. They're modelled after Greeks/Romans so they have a slight tan.

You didn't read my question then. In the game world I find alot lighter skinned characters that are clearly imperial. But when I go to create one I can't change the skin shader to those likes.
    Edited by Cladius30 on August 14, 2019 9:52AM
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an Imperial once (ugly girl, got deleted).... but she was fair... yes she had a slight tan but no more than a holiday in Greece would give you... definitely still white....
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a option in the creation to make a not tanned imperial. But see them in the game. Don't get it.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah or maybe it’s just the light in character creation (as someone said above)....?
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really I will look in to this
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭
    Level 4 vampirism seems to be pretty effective bleach. Too bad about eyes.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    Imperials are white. They're modelled after Greeks/Romans so they have a slight tan.

You didn't read my question then. In the game world I find alot lighter skinned characters that are clearly imperial. But when I go to create one I can't change the skin shader to those likes.
    Same with black hair for Altmer.
    For some reasons some options in character creation are removed for players even if NPC can have them.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chars always look a lot darker in the character creation menu than later ingame.
    Same on Argonians. I wanted the skin to be dark black and it turned out to be light gray...
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭
    Same reason my Nord can't have black hair, idiotic restrictions built into the character creation process.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will be open to more customizations for creating characters in the future. One can hope.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    Maybe they will be open to more customizations for creating characters in the future. One can hope.

Yeah, tied to crown crates, like always.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.