Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

With a good rotation u can still do good DPS w/out trial sets and legendary weapons...who disagrees?

highnds
highnds
✭✭
For some reason, people hate on those that don't have legendary equipment and it makes no sense.

I run Leviathan, Briarheart, Veli and vMA nirn bow on a stamblade, only epic quality equips and weapons and can still easily pull a decent 32k dps on a 3 mil target dummy without fracture or anything else for that matter.

How is this garbage dps? I get it, if I had Relequen and legendary everything it would be better, but I can still complete content, even some trials with this set up.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run everything in this game with all-purple non-perfect Relequen armor, gold AY jewels and daggers (RNG loves me in HRC), gold Velidreth set, and gold Master's Bow (RNG hates me in VMA). To be fair, I run an almost all-purple Petsorc in VMA with gold staves as I don't feel the need to punish myself unnecessarily.

    I would love to gold-out gear. But the gear is getting more and more fluid and/or situational. I don't have the gold or mats to gold out purple jewelry and don't feel like wasting mats on something that could get nerfed tomorrow.

    But more direct to your point, if someone is being an elitist because they have gold gear and you do not, that's their problem. I've also found those players are usually the ones I am rezzing in trials. Parse numbers and gear only get you so far.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For people who care about DPS (don't come at me with "but the average player!", I'm well aware that the average player struggles to hit 10k) 30k is barely passable these days. Can you clear content? Sure. Will it be hard to replace you with someone who has 40-50k? Not really if they are being serious about high performance.

    And golding stuff out is cheap. Why be so proud about your purples?
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sets only make a slight difference as long as you have a good practiced rotation the sets matter less then people think and you certainly dont need synergy sets that are now popular on youtube.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Golding your weapons is a really fast, easy and cheap way to up your DPS I don't see why anyone would not do it it's not like you're changing weapons every week, especially the MA stuff. As for armor the only set I ever golded was my SPC (big sad) and I can't say it was worth it, wont make a big difference on your DPS either.

    Of course that rotation playing a huge role in DPS and with a good rotation and decent gear you can deal okay DPS and I honestly doubt anyone will complain if you're doing content where that kind of DPS is sufficient such as veteran dungeons and the easier veteran trials. But if you're doing progression raiding where every member should seek to improve at their role as much as they can to push boundaries and achieve higher scores (and complete harder content) then you not taking the very easy, cheap and effective step of golding your gear and farming some easy to get sets just shows that you are not willing to improve and try and push those boundaries and this fact alone makes you unqualified for any progression group in my opinion, regardless of your decent DPS. It just sounds like you're giving up at decent and now reaching towards great.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes you can, problem is they newr people are it seems the less they wanna work on their rotation. It takes time and muscle memory to get good at a build, you learn a lot in them hours or practice about how stuff works to make you do more damage :)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    For people who care about DPS (don't come at me with "but the average player!", I'm well aware that the average player struggles to hit 10k) 30k is barely passable these days. Can you clear content? Sure. Will it be hard to replace you with someone who has 40-50k? Not really if they are being serious about high performance.

    And golding stuff out is cheap. Why be so proud about your purples?

    Talking more about converting purple jewelry to gold than the gear. But I can hit 40K-50K with the purple body pieces so I don't see the need to gold it out. More of a cheap-o thing on my part. Stings to gold out a set then have it get nerfed.

    I'd also disagree as to the average player hitting 10K. At least I hope the average player could hit at least 20K. 30K is where the vet trials and vet DLC damage begins. You should be able to do that with non-gold gear.

    Bottom line, I don't care if someone golds out their gear. But I also don't find it to be a prerequisite to running something like vMOL.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭
    I pull 40K with Valkyn/BSW/MS, but i have to say Zaan/Siroria/MS are making me God

    Also, only Gold weapons, the rest is for rich people
    Edited by yRaven on August 6, 2019 4:34AM
    Why have many Builds if one is enough... maybe two?
    Raven Elenwen - MagPlar (EP) | Altmer - PVE/PVP
    Merchant Queenn - StamBlade (DC) | Khajiit - Farm
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with this post. Skill is so, so much more important than gear in this game. And we're at the point where a substantial number of players are gimping their own dps because they're wearing alcast-approved gear. Specifically, there is definitely a group of players who can't weave--rendering relequen and AY an actual dps loss--compared to setups like hundings/spriggans. And there plenty of low-dps players in bad groups wearing Lokk, where an occasion / inconsistent 15% damage increase does not outperform basic gear.

    And endgame player with endgame skill levels is gonna do better with trial gear. It's that middle part many players ignore.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got plenty of golded out gear, and I’m still a$$ when it comes to DPS.

    The biggest problem I have found is getting a group of 12 decent players together to do stuff.
    PlayStation NA
    1000+ CP
    DC Khajit NB Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Argonian Templar Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Dark Elf Sorc Stormproof
    DC High Elf NB Stormproof
    DC Dark Elf DK Stormproof
    AD Redguard DK Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Orc Warden Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Breton Warden Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Redguard Sorc Stormproof
    DC Redguard Templar Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Nord Necromancer Stormproof
    DC Breton Necromancer Stormproof Flawless Conqueror

    PlayStation EU
    258 CP
    DC Orc Warden Stormproof
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highnds wrote: »
    For some reason, people hate on those that don't have legendary equipment and it makes no sense.

    I run Leviathan, Briarheart, Veli and vMA nirn bow on a stamblade, only epic quality equips and weapons and can still easily pull a decent 32k dps on a 3 mil target dummy without fracture or anything else for that matter.

    How is this garbage dps? I get it, if I had Relequen and legendary everything it would be better, but I can still complete content, even some trials with this set up.

    It is not rubbish at all. Some players are just rude and lie. I don't know why they act the way they do, but I guess that's a question for the ages...

    Equipment quality is such a focus for many, but yes, it really doesn't matter that much. You don't even need to have 'perfect' traits on your equipment, as long as you cover the bases fine. First time I completed Veteran Maelstrom Arena was with a set of blue-quality jewellery. I do like to have legendary weapons though, but don't worry about the rest, the improvement to dps is mainly theoretical between epic-legendary.

    Thankfully we have the training dummies in the game which can provide great comparison for mixing and matching armour/sets/traits and seeing just how our dps changes, so we don't have to rely on the hyperbole from others in-game or on the forums etc etc.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    For people who care about DPS (don't come at me with "but the average player!", I'm well aware that the average player struggles to hit 10k) 30k is barely passable these days. Can you clear content? Sure. Will it be hard to replace you with someone who has 40-50k? Not really if they are being serious about high performance.

    And golding stuff out is cheap. Why be so proud about your purples?

    Because the difference between purple and gold is NOT as huge as those like you want to have it. It is NOT the difference between 10k and 40k .. it's barely noticeable most of the time, 'golding' in ESO is like most other MMOS, a crutch for the less skilled while the highly skilled are clearing the content needed to GET the BiS gear in gear likely comparable at best with the 'purple' version.
    Edited by KerinKor on August 7, 2019 7:49PM
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Rotation is certainly more important, with purple body pieces gold weapons and enchants I pull between 53-55k on 6mil with shadow, a lot pull higher i know but any player wanting to increase their damage bis sets isnt a magic bullet that will suddenly add 35k+ dps.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    For people who care about DPS (don't come at me with "but the average player!", I'm well aware that the average player struggles to hit 10k) 30k is barely passable these days. Can you clear content? Sure. Will it be hard to replace you with someone who has 40-50k? Not really if they are being serious about high performance.

    And golding stuff out is cheap. Why be so proud about your purples?

    Because the difference between purple and gold is NOT as huge as those like you want to have it. It is NOT the difference between 10k and 40k .. it's barely noticeable most of the time, 'golding' in ESO is like most other MMOS, a crutch for the less skilled while the highly skilled are clearing the content needed to GET the BiS gear in gear likely comparable at best with the 'purple' version.

    Golding gear, particularly weapons, is worth thousands in dps. The weapons alone are worth a few thousands actually. This isnt just about a lack of skill or experience, its about simple game mechanics - if you dont have gold gear you wont pull as much dps as you otherwise would, regardless of how good or poor your rotation/skill is.

    The majority of players, the vast majority I imagine, cannot afford gold gear, or just don't play enough or tackle hard enough content for this to be worth while. Nor can the majority of players access or afford to transmute traits on mass, again losing dps (and time and resources farming), until they can.

    Crucially, the difference moving from low and mid CPs, to max CPs, is a huge uplift in DPS, again several thousand.

    This is why its a tad arrogant and elitist to discount the vast majority of the player base with comments like "30k dps is barely passable".

    Correcting all traits, golding gear, approaching max CPs... all with the same rotation, has helped increase my dps significantly, more than double in fact.

    It is absolutely the case that my rotation has improved and this has added to a significant uplift in dps, but the main point is that gear makes a huge difference, as do CPs, and I tire of high CP, elitist players, looking down on the vast majority of the player base, average players, as if they should automatically be able to breark 30 or 40k DPS.

    ps - the difference changing a gear set to a bis set, for the build and rotation you are using, is absolutely massive. Again, several thousand dps in some cases. Please do not listen to people who tell you that gear, gold, traits, enchants, cps, dont make a difference, because there are plenty that will variously argue these are not significant, but they are.
    Edited by Grianasteri on August 9, 2019 11:26AM
  • LuciusEsox
    LuciusEsox
    ✭✭
    In short everyone, get gud ...

    You must be pretty unempathetic because all most of you are saying is that I am so much better than you because I can do a better job with crappier tools...

    Yawn... I wish I had a pound for every comment I have heard like that over the years in mmo's

    I thought ESO had a more mature playerbase as well.

    Play your own way and enjoy it and don't listen or even play with people who's ego's are so fragile they have to let you know, tell you how good they are every five minutes ..

    Jeez lol...

    Edited by LuciusEsox on August 12, 2019 10:27PM
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and we need more people to step up and carry this banner. The internet is great for advice and guidance but one negative side effect of the access and culture is there is a whole mess of players who only think the game is playable in bis gear and 100k trial dummy parses. Fact is there are tens of hundreds of viable ways to play the game. Mechanics and basic setups are all that is needed for 95 percent of content... And even less dps than the OP's more than sufficient dps.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highnds wrote: »
    For some reason, people hate on those that don't have legendary equipment and it makes no sense.

    I run Leviathan, Briarheart, Veli and vMA nirn bow on a stamblade, only epic quality equips and weapons and can still easily pull a decent 32k dps on a 3 mil target dummy without fracture or anything else for that matter.

    How is this garbage dps? I get it, if I had Relequen and legendary everything it would be better, but I can still complete content, even some trials with this set up.

    You are still running vma bow which gives 6k extra dps so i've been told. Try it again without vMA weapon which many players don't have yet. All I ever hear in trials guild is vMA this and vMA that lol .

    Anyway I do get the point you are making but there are others that get descriminated upon evem moreso due to no vMA weapon.You can get a vet carry if you are in right guild that will help you or if you pay enough gold for a carry(i am anti- carries btw) but you can only solo vMA so think about that.
    Edited by wishlist14 on August 14, 2019 6:53AM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree and we need more people to step up and carry this banner. The internet is great for advice and guidance but one negative side effect of the access and culture is there is a whole mess of players who only think the game is playable in bis gear and 100k trial dummy parses. Fact is there are tens of hundreds of viable ways to play the game. Mechanics and basic setups are all that is needed for 95 percent of content... And even less dps than the OP's more than sufficient dps.

    I gave you an awesome for cheering me up ❤Well said 😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on August 14, 2019 6:57AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    highnds wrote: »
    For some reason, people hate on those that don't have legendary equipment and it makes no sense.

    I run Leviathan, Briarheart, Veli and vMA nirn bow on a stamblade, only epic quality equips and weapons and can still easily pull a decent 32k dps on a 3 mil target dummy without fracture or anything else for that matter.

    How is this garbage dps? I get it, if I had Relequen and legendary everything it would be better, but I can still complete content, even some trials with this set up.

    You are still running vma bow which gives 6k extra dps so i've been told. Try it again without vMA weapon which many players don't have yet. All I ever hear in trials guild is vMA this and vMA that lol .

    Anyway I do get the point you are making but there are others that get descriminated upon evem moreso due to no vMA weapon.You can get a vet carry if you are in right guild that will help you or if you pay enough gold for a carry(i am anti- carries btw) but you can only solo vMA so think about that.

    I chuckled as I read this today, seeing as the meta god Alcast has eschewed the vMA bow for the lowly Master's Bow in his newest stamina builds.
Sign In or Register to comment.