Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

DOTs

Durham
Durham
✭✭✭✭✭
Are simply to strong as is. Dot builds will be crazy after this patch.

DoT play so much more boring to play. A few year years ago you adjusted a ton of sets for this very reason. Now your going back and just making abilities do the same insane ×2 damage.
PVP DEADWAIT
PVE Eternal Destiny
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff healers CP, Mundus and healers sets.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see dots as being too strong, the opposite is true. Defensive options are not strong enough. All they did was bring every ability in line.

Yes there is more skills to choose from, but that's it, it's a choice. Good luck fitting all those dots on a Mag Sorc that has next to no flex spots.

Magplar with purifying light, entropy, reflective light, and soul trap will be strong.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

DoT play so much more boring to play. A few year years ago you adjusted a ton of sets for this very reason. Now your going back and just making abilities do the same insane ×2 damage.

Bleeds are being nerfed while single target magicka dots have been buffed. I don't see much differences, just that magicka got a small buff and stamina a small nerf
    The biggest problem within this game is the lack imagination on its player base and its developers...
    DragonKNIGHT KNIGHT!!!! not Dragonscoundrel, neither Dragonarcher....
    ― Our enemy was bold so we were bolder... our enemy was strong so we were stronger...

― Then, why did you lose?

― Our enemy was stupid...
    When it comes to crap, big-time, major league crap, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, ZoS. No contest. No contest. ZoS. ZoS easily has the greatest crap story ever told. Think about it: ZoS has actually convinced people, that there's a balance patch, coming next chapter, which will make you do everything you want do, at any hour, every day. And this balance patch has a special list of things it wants you to do. And if you don't do any of these things, it has a special place, full of lag and zergs and bleeds and procs and nerfs, where he will send you to die and suffer and respec and die and give AP and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But it loves you. It loves you, and it has lag! It always has lag! It's all-fun, all-perfect, all-lore, and all-challenging, somehow just can't handle lag! ZoS takes in millions of dollars, they pay no high-end servers, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good crap story. Holy Proc!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Bleeds are being nerfed while single target magicka dots have been buffed. I don't see much differences, just that magicka got a small buff and stamina a small nerf

so dot stamDK overall is nerfed hard...

should I try going burst instead?
    Praetorian Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Kaalgrontiid
    Scalebreaker 5.1.5 PvP build: 2H/2H The Plague Titan
  • brandoncoffmannub18_ESO
    Davadin wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

so dot stamDK overall is nerfed hard...

should I try going burst instead?

Not needed but you can, I prefer using a dot and burst build both.

StamDK claw got buffed and bleeds can be potent if you have enough penetration.

You can also run soul trap as it's stronger on stam than mag because weapon power scales higher for stam.
    Raise your arguments, not your insults.

Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

PvE and PvP

MagDK
    StamDK
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with buffed Soul Trap, Entropy, Destruction Reach and Scalding Rune is that in some cases these generic skills do more damage than class skills.

They listened to magDK problem where there was no reason to slot Engulfing Flames or Burning Embers over generic dots and buffed these skills. But Templar's Sunfire and Sorcerer's Lightning Splash still do less damage than Soul Trap or Entropy.

After some testing, it is noticeable dps difference when slotting Degeneration over Lightning Flood on single target. Good luck begging for synergy for Lokke/Alkosh.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 10, 2019 6:44AM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoTs are not boring to play.

What is boring is that every mag class will play exactly same dots with same effects and probably close to have same rotations.

Edited by Saril_Durzam on August 10, 2019 7:32AM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with buffed Soul Trap, Entropy, Destruction Reach and Scalding Rune is that in some cases these generic skills do more damage than class skills.

They listened to magDK problem where there was no reason to slot Engulfing Flames or Burning Embers over generic dots and buffed these skills. But Templar's Sunfire and Sorcerer's Lightning Splash still do less damage than Soul Trap or Entropy.

After some testing, it is noticeable dps difference when slotting Degeneration over Lightning Flood on single target. Good luck begging for synergy for Lokke/Alkosh.

The issue is that some classes have Aoe dots while other have st dots. The ones with aoe dots got nerfed, the ones with st dots got buffed.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    As usual, when stamina gets buffed its ok, but when magcika is put on pair with stam we get an outrage.

Why stir things up when you're unsubbed and off anyway? But your statement is wrong anyway, people comlpain about class skills being weaker compared to generics. It's not really stam vs mag.

I dont see anywere in this thread worries about identity just some whining about Entropy and Soul Trap. So no Sir, I am not wrong.
    1. I don't need to play to have an opinion and this has nothing to do with the topic, arguments ad personam are not very good in discussion.
    2. I may be back because they have finaly fixed the Shade after almost a year! <3 Nevertheless I love it!
    Edited by Mayrael on August 10, 2019 9:26AM
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

The issue is that some classes have Aoe dots while other have st dots. The ones with aoe dots got nerfed, the ones with st dots got buffed.

Better than having no place in a trial because you don't have enough skills

Scalding rune and entropy feels so good, soul trap I'm not using because ew soul trap

Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

PvE and PvP

MagDK
    StamDK

Use both, and also one is aoe w a synergy, one isn't.

Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

PvE and PvP

MagDK
    StamDK
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how you put it, as a sorc you have very limited bar space. Familiar is still the strongest option you have, don't trust anyone who says otherwise. With Familiar x2, a shield, Daedric Prey, Crystal Frags, Ele wep or Force Shock, Channeled Acceleration and Unstable wall of fire, you are left with 2 slots left. Why slot lightning flood when I can slot Degeneration and Consuming Trap, which both do significantly more damage.

All in all, by slotting Lightning Flood, you are punished for being a team player. Should I loose dps only because I want to be useful for my teammates? That's an awful game design.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 11, 2019 1:48PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the burst stamina meta is over?
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how you put it, as a sorc you have very limited bar space. Familiar is still the strongest option you have, don't trust anyone who says otherwise. With Familiar x2, a shield, Daedric Prey, Crystal Frags, Ele wep or Force Shock, Channeled Acceleration and Unstable wall of fire, you are left with 2 slots left. Why slot lightning flood when I can slot Degeneration and Consuming Trap, which both do significantly more damage.

All in all, by slotting Lightning Flood, you are punished for being a team player. Should I loose dps only because I want to be useful for my teammates? That's an awful game design.

That's historically been the game design? Olde Nightmother's Gaze and olde Sunderflame?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    So the burst stamina meta is over?
    Doubtful, considering nerfs to Protective, Pirate Skeleton, and shields.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam builds were ult dumping and wiping people in seconds. But damage OVER TIME? Naaah, can't have that.
  • Shokasegambit1
    Shokasegambit1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Stam builds were ult dumping and wiping people in seconds. But damage OVER TIME? Naaah, can't have that.

Exactly as a full dot player that never converted to burst. I always thought it was the defile that players couldn't adapt to. Nope I guess it was the dot playstyle that they never l2p.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played some BGs... god, dots are ridiculous... they tick for less than 1k. On my stamden in MEDIUM armour. Around 20k resist, buffed. Seriously, ive been killing mag players like never. Reach seems to be the most damaging DPS dot, at least on my experience.

Really, there is nothing to be afraid on dots, at least on BGs.
    I can still harness through dots from one or two people in cyrodil, haven't tested against a zerg.

Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

PvE and PvP

MagDK
    StamDK
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoTs bad
    Single target good
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread as there is already another thread open on this topic. Please feel free to continue the conversation here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.