The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stamcro Pay-to-Win absurdity should NOT continue another patch

• nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Are all the stamcros running bloodspawn & asylum 2H or something for uptime?
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nekura wrote: »
    Are all the stamcros running bloodspawn & asylum 2H or something for uptime?

No need for that. By chaining 8 Colossee you can achieve damn high uptime
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who play other classes, 3 more months of Necro dominance will destroy any incentive to pick up this game..

uh... no.

August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • kylermacdb16_ESO
    kylermacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just give trial bosses immunity to the debuff for 10 sec or something after it wears off.

But to say the barely functional Necro class as a whole is pay-to-win because of a single ultimate ability is just amusing.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Lol 3 months is too long? Stamblades were meta from CWC to Elsweyr, that's 1.5 years. 3 months is rookie numbers:)

I'm not just talking about a class being meta. These are insanely OP abilities compared to anything any other class has. They can stay top DPS meta class for all I care, but it's sort of crazy for them to also have the two greatest utility ultimates ever put in the game. All I'm saying is the other classes need some attention to bring their ulti's up to this new standard, otherwise endgame trials are going to stay really boring with 1 class to rule them all.

You understand that even if necros, tomorrow, lost major vulnerability that them being the highest dps would make them the go to dps spec anyway in endgame PvE yes?

I'm not sure if you want what you think you want, or have class envy here.

If Necros lost Major Vuln they wouldnt be top dps

Doesn't vuln give the entire raid the buff? How would their numbers fall if the atro only did damage?

Right now stamsorcs outparse stamcros
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol 3 months is too long? Stamblades were meta from CWC to Elsweyr, that's 1.5 years. 3 months is rookie numbers:)

I'm not just talking about a class being meta. These are insanely OP abilities compared to anything any other class has. They can stay top DPS meta class for all I care, but it's sort of crazy for them to also have the two greatest utility ultimates ever put in the game. All I'm saying is the other classes need some attention to bring their ulti's up to this new standard, otherwise endgame trials are going to stay really boring with 1 class to rule them all.

You understand that even if necros, tomorrow, lost major vulnerability that them being the highest dps would make them the go to dps spec anyway in endgame PvE yes?

Doesn't vuln give the entire raid the buff? How would their numbers fall if the atro only did damage?

Right now stamsorcs outparse stamcros

So then the person I quoted (and the OP) is factually incorrect, and Necros don't have the highest dps then?

Edit: If you knew stam sorc pulled the highest dps, why did you jump into the conversation saying they did?

Edited by DocFrost72 on August 11, 2019 9:55PM
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give trial bosses immunity to the debuff for 10 sec or something after it wears off.

But to say the barely functional Necro class as a whole is pay-to-win because of a single ultimate ability is just amusing.

Longer, 20-25 seconds, but I agree. This is by far the best solution to the issue, and exists already in an Off-Balance ICD.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed, every paid expansion brings an utterly overpowered class and one or more utterly overpowered sets.

They entice people buying their stuff like that.

Don't worry, Stamcros will be truly nerfed before next expansion, to let the new stuff take over and entice you to buy it.

Yep look what they did to wardens History repeating itself.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this p2w is beyond me. A bugged class with mostly trash passives and a powerful ultimate.

And a base class overperforms it right now?
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that all the other stam specs are parsing close to stamcros without major vulnerability in their toolkit. shows you how much of a crutch the colossus is. Take that away and stamcros would be weak AF.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that all the other stam specs are parsing close to stamcros without major vulnerability in their toolkit. shows you how much of a crutch the colossus is. Take that away and stamcros would be weak AF.

Solo DPS is not the problem. The problem is that they can buff group DPS so effectively that 8 stamcros together can smash a trial boss in half the time anybody else can. It's a massive imbalance. Other class ulti's need to be brought up to par so that groups with diverse composition can perform at a competitive level.