Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calls for single target dots nerf already begun...smh

Jacozilla
Jacozilla
✭✭✭✭✭
We all just ate the hot plate of AOE dot nerfs. Adapt and learn, get good...fine.

But not even 1 day into these nerfs, pvp players are already screaming for their next 'new reason they get killed' to be nerfed - threads are already up complaining single target dots which were buffed to offset some of the AOE dot nerfs are too strong and killing them too quickly in pvp.

So it's not a matter of guessing, or making wild assumptions. We all KNOW exactly what ZOS next move will be once the nerf single target dot cries brings enough salt.....ZOS will inevitably nerf the single target dots too, but not revert the AOE dots.

After single target dot nerfs, the next screams will be the new resto skill buffs are too strong. Never mind they were the only consolation prize for gutting other aspects of healing...we all know this where this inevitable cries of constant 'this X is why I am losing pvp fights' leads too. The only thing that changes is what placeholder those people throw into X.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    99% of PvP Nerf Calls could be solved if far more players did one of two things:
    1) Man up and accept sometimes the other guy is just better than you.
    2) L2P

Then there'd be no need for the Nerf-Go-Round to continue, and maybe they could start fixing genuine bugs and performance issues.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99% of PvP Nerf Calls could be solved if far more players did one of two things:
    2) L2P

Then there'd be no need for the Nerf-Go-Round to continue, and maybe they could start fixing genuine bugs and performance issues.

All The Best

You do realize that the Nerf-Go-Round would occur even if this were a 100% PVE game and no one complained ever, right?

Its called horizontal progression. We've had it since One Tamriel. The Devs have to constantly shake up the meta so the game doesnt get boring and stagnant. Something always has to get nerfed so players move on to the next BIS without ever growing too powerful.

I mean, PVPers need to L2Play as much as anyone, sure.

But please understand that the Devs nerf things in large part because its a cheap way of keeping the game interesting.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 12, 2019 10:15PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ZOS could get smart and not listen to the whining.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But please understand that the Devs nerf things in large part because its a cheap way of keeping the game interesting.

Except it doesn't; it keeps the game frustrating.

I know of more players who have left ESO precisely because every patch is a complete "rebuild your toon from the ground up" experience than any other reason.

After a patch such as this you need to relearn your class almost entirely, that will most likely require a complete re-gear with new sets, new traits, new glyphs.

A massive resource and often time investment to do what?
    Get back to being 90% as effective as we were before the patch.
    I'm sorry, that is NOT interesting - it is insulting.

And for PvE the ONLY reason we have to go through this every patch is because the Dev's are not intelligent enough to design combat encounters that are challenging by doing anything other than nerfing our DPS and buffing the Mob's health, and giving the Mobs perma-CC options.

So, so, so glad I unsubbed.

All The Best
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or ZOS could get smart and not listen to the whining.

^ This.

All The Best
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2) L2P

All The Best

You do realize that the Nerf-Go-Round would occur even if this were a 100% PVE game and no one complained ever, right?

Its called horizontal progression. We've had it since One Tamriel. The Devs have to constantly shake up the meta so the game doesnt get boring and stagnant. Something always has to get nerfed so players move on to the next BIS without ever growing too powerful.

This is a harsh truth that many dont realize in regards to horizontal progression in mmos and the trappings that such design incurs.
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re surprised at the calls for nerfs?
    Being killed in PvP is very annoying!!! I don’t want to be killed, I want my character to be a GOD!!! I WANT TO PLAY MOLAG BALLSIE HIMSELF, AEDRA BE DAMNED!!!!
    Seriously speaking, ZOS seems pretty good so far at not listening to the obviously rushed calls for nerfs, I think things are safe for just a little while at least.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    good luck adapting when you have 20k entropy's stacking on you totally balanced game play
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    good luck adapting when you have 20k entropy's stacking on you totally balanced game play

Don't they have some sort of PvP buff the effects dmg and heal? Ideally who the hell cares what an ability does in PvE. Adjust using that for PvP. Afterall its just a mini game.
    Edited by karekiz on August 12, 2019 10:35PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except it doesn't; it keeps the game frustrating.

I know of more players who have left ESO precisely because every patch is a complete "rebuild your toon from the ground up" experience than any other reason.

After a patch such as this you need to relearn your class almost entirely, that will most likely require a complete re-gear with new sets, new traits, new glyphs.

And for PvE the ONLY reason we have to go through this every patch is because the Dev's are not intelligent enough to design combat encounters that are challenging by doing anything other than nerfing our DPS and buffing the Mob's health, and giving the Mobs perma-CC options.

So, so, so glad I unsubbed.

All The Best

What exactly are you expecting? That your various builds from years ago remain relvant today? There is little recourse here when everything is flat in terms of progression. You are never going to get a completely balanced playing field. For better or worse there is going to be change. And frankly most of the "unsub" rhetoric is just hyperbolic outcrying, as its actually very much less frequent that certain changes are made that completely *** down certain builds to the point where you have to relearn *** from the ground up. And i find it hard to believe that amyone who actively plays this game habitually would struggle with resources for having to troubleshoot new builds every 6 months.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my Stam Sorc DoT build will be OP this patch ? Finally can join the elite club
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So true.
    Speaking about myself: 8 fully leveled toon (all the skill points and skill lines needed, undaunted and Psijic included), all with golded gear. I do mostly PvP / battlegrounds.
    1 build (Mag Sorc) was nerfed some patch ago when the shields took the first huge hit. I let it rot because I have other 7 toons to play, so who cares? The others were fine.
    Now this patch, due to the builds / sets I was using, butchered my StamDK, my StamDen and my MagDk. My Magplar took a hit due to the pirate skeleton nerf but i guess it can be ok, I just need to find another monster set. My Stamplar took also a huge hit due to cleansing ritual increased cost. Only 2 are left almost untouched (because of the builds I was using) in a good functional state (Stamblade & Stamsorc). Just this can be enough to consider the idea of quitting the game. Moreover, the idea of having to rebuild from scratch at least 3 of my toons (this makes me so sad, boy I was having lot of fun with them), having to grind again for gear and for mats to gold out everything makes me seriously consider the idea of just quitting the game. I just can't bear such a grind anymore.
    I don't know if someone consider this "horizontal progression" fun. Not me for sure.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Separate pve from pvp
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP players will always cry and whine if its not one things its another. Would be nice if ZOS would stop screwing the game for majority of us for the sake of minority.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

Don't they have some sort of PvP buff the effects dmg and heal? Ideally who the hell cares what an ability does in PvE. Adjust using that for PvP. Afterall its just a mini game.
    In PvP all damage and healing is reduced to 50%.

It could obviously be changed to 30% damage and healing. This would just establish an new balance and now other skills are OP as fights will be longer and more resource demanding.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP players will always cry and whine if its not one things its another. Would be nice if ZOS would stop screwing the game for majority of us for the sake of minority.
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    Separate pve from pvp

Yes.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    suuuuuuuuure dots are not OP.....

only running 4 dots not execute no spammable.

olumo.png
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are always screaming about nerfs after patches, especially major ones as this. It will calm down in a couple of weeks when people have gotten used to it and know how to play the changes.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are always screaming about nerfs after patches, especially major ones as this. It will calm down in a couple of weeks when people have gotten used to it and know how to play the changes.

lol thats if this game survives the round of mass quitting.

I dont know this nerf to sorc Power Surge is pretty bad. I've decided to move on myself after my eso membership period ends this month.

I've had enough of this game. The bad load screens. The constant nerfing. The BAD pathing in this game. The stupid animation cancelling ***, the random disconnects, there is sooo many issues ...
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol thats if this game survives the round of mass quitting.

I dont know this nerf to sorc Power Surge is pretty bad. I've decided to move on myself after my eso membership period ends this month.

I've had enough of this game. The bad load screens. The constant nerfing. The BAD pathing in this game. The stupid animation cancelling ***, the random disconnects, there is sooo many issues ...

I agree, I'm not happy about 70% of the changes and I think the game will die if they don't fix the performance very soon. I hope their focusing on performance will fix it and fast. Although I don't think there will be a mass quit because of the changes.
  • Miraslova
    Miraslova
    ✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    Separate pve from pvp

^
    This
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
  • Tattooo
    Tattooo
    ✭✭✭

Knowing how to play with these changes as in Xv1ing people using the zerg infront of you as a meatshield, ye sounds great.

Scalebreaker sucks ass, period.
    Edited by Tattooo on August 13, 2019 12:24AM
    I AM INNOCENT
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvpers ALWAYS complain and ruin pve fun in the process - why everyone snd their mom wants a seperation between the two groups...but zos keeps pushing it and pushing it until....
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2) L2P

All The Best

It was less that 8 hours into the game post patch. The loudest AND the fastest. ;)
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tattooo wrote: »

Knowing how to play with these changes as in Xv1ing people using the zerg infront of you as a meatshield, ye sounds great.

Scalebreaker sucks ass, period.

Well it's not the first nor the last patch to suck. It have still always been like this, the first few weeks people are vocal and then it calms down.

Don't know why you are complaining to me about this patch since the only thing I typed is that it will calm down in a thread that specifically discusses all the nerf threads. I also think it sucks, I was extremely happy when I thought zos would actually make medium more viable and then *** on it even more.
  • Tattooo
    Tattooo
    ✭✭✭
    pvpers ALWAYS complain and ruin pve fun in the process - why everyone snd their mom wants a seperation between the two groups...but zos keeps pushing it and pushing it until....

What´re you even saying ruining the fun in PVE ? PVE is *** easy, there´s no challenge in it...

And if they try to make it challenging, they´ll just add random ass oneshot mechanics or defiles, which aren´t fun : )

I AM INNOCENT
  • Tattooo
    Tattooo
    ✭✭✭
    There´s not a single "challenging" AND FUN dungeon out there, besides March of Sacrafices maybe ...
    I AM INNOCENT
  • Tattooo
    Tattooo
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the pts notes for the first time I was actually really happy with the direction they were going with, nerf snb/heavy armor too ***, so it won´t be used anymore.... and buff overall healing so medium will actually be viable ...

And then they buffed dots ... : )
    I AM INNOCENT
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

Battlegrounds and Maelstrom Arena are mini games, cyrodiil isn't.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say that getting hit with DOT recaps that consistently do more damage than any instant spammable is frustrating. It completely removes the ability to LOS when a single person can load several 10K+ DOTs that are doing enough damage to completely negate the healing from me spamming dark deal WITH vigor ticking on top of that. Medium armor mobility / LOS playstyle is taking a beating already.

The biggest issue with this however is not how much damage they are doing but that it enables a playstyle where you can load up DOTs on someone and go completely defensive and hold block / shield spam / use cloak and even though they are running / turtling up their DOTs are still doing enough damage to either throw you into defense as well or just flat out kill you because you were too focused on securing the kill.

I'm at a crossroads right now where I'm trying to decide to keep my build or completely scrap it so that I can make a build where I load up DOT's on my enemy and then dodge roll in circles until they die.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103