Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fossilise needs a nerf ASAP

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill just is just the most ridiculously over performing cc in the game and makes the old rune cage look tame in comparison. In CP pvp there are already enough snares , CC’s and immobilises to have 1 skill that wrap the 2 worst together. there is nothing worse than kiting on a medium armour build to be instantly wiped because of this skill alone. Combined with half a dozen dots even the most incapable player can sit there perm blocking, fossilise then leap or meteor and get easy kills with a 2 button combo.

In non CP most magica builds don’t have the stamina recovery to break the CC, dodge roll the immobilise and then break the next CC (most builds don’t have the barspace to run race against time). For some reason Rune cage was nerfed multiple ways in 1 update but this even better skill persists update to update without change.

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fossilize is fine.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure why not, and while we are at it, we should also nerf Leap, isn't it what's being used in combo as you mentioned.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on August 12, 2019 5:29AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill gets a cost increase today.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable pot. Heavy armor skill , break CC

I mean dang man there are counters to it. It is a hard cc. Leave it alone.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ol McNerfling had a farm E - I - E - I - O ! And I'm this farm he saw a skill E - I - E - I - O - with a nerf nerf here ! And a nerf nerf there ! Here nerf there a nerf everywhere a nerf nerf ! 😂

You read this but you sang it in your head didn't you.👍
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    fossilize is busted the only thing that needs to go is the root from the skill give it a range increase as a trade off
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were definitely at an all time nerf high.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It already got a cost increase. That seems like a nerf to me..
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I propose every class that the op doesnt play gets nerfed, and isn't allowed to use weapons.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait til you see all the Fear runes on the ground. Good luck roll dodging through them!
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to bury double cc:s forever.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who killed this guy?
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fossilize good! The problem that needs to be adressed is the GCD where you can’t do anything after breaking the CC.

Very often it behaves like old eclipse.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it just got nerfed, literally, this morning.

4k cost will make sure no stamDK runs around with it. which, in Cyro, probably 80% of all DK....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u die because of...
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    fossilise then leap or meteor and get easy kills with a 2 button combo.

imagesac-is-broken.jpg
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is dead for Stam DK, I've had it off my bar for several weeks to get ready for this cost increase.

Stam DK can't afford it anymore.

MagDK may still run it since it is critical to what a lot of them do (talons + fossilize then burn burn burn)
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS undervalues roots and doesn’t respect how powerful it is to completely negate someone’s movement. Root as a secondary effect on an already-good ability bundles too much utility into a single GCD. Cripple, Blockade, Bombard, Living Dark, Fossilize should treat the root as the primary effect of the ability or remove it.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on August 12, 2019 4:50PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    In non CP most magica builds don’t have the stamina recovery to break the CC, dodge roll the immobilise and then break the next CC (most builds don’t have the barspace to run race against time). For some reason Rune cage was nerfed multiple ways in 1 update but this even better skill persists update to update without change.
    Speak for yourself. I have zero problems dealing with Fossilize on my mag toons by managing my stam and using Race Against Time.

But I guess learning how to counter CC is much harder than being a whiny forumer asking for stupid nerfs
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you should try 5 piece get gud.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't have the bar space to run RAT or Mist, your skewed sense of priorities is the problem.

Alternatives and supplements include: Immovable pots, Tri pots, Shacklebreaker, Amber Plasm, Blood Spawn, Smoked Bear Haunch, Dual-regen drinks, Tri-Food, Prismatic enchants, Triune jewelry, Leeching Strikes, Bull Netch, Restoring Focus, Dark Deal, Earthen Heart skills, DK ultimates, Meditate, heavy attacks (you're trying Onslaught on your mag build, right?), Serpent mundus, a stam regen glyph, Darloc Brae, Grundwulf, Engine Guardian, Bloodthorn, Reactive Armor, heavy armor in general. Also just plain shielding after break free. Did I leave anything out? Welcome to PvP!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this skill is not the skill itself, I mean it can be looked at as overloaded but the actual issue is the poor cc breaking system. Which makes skills like fossilize and fear more annoying than the rest.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a grip on the controller and learn to play. These nerf everything threads should be banned. Bunch of whiners crying cuz of a strong single target CC...

Mind you the devs already gave the best group utility CC to every stam class with fear evil. You gonna be crying about that reaaaaal soon too.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s one of the few skills that can be used against the roly poly stam builds to actually be able to hit them. Being able to dodge ALL damage over and over again is pretty OP.
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 12, 2019 11:48PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back old AGONY!!!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Rune Cage great again
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got a hefty cost increase this patch making it unsustainable on StamDk. Also if you’re running medium in this meta that’s really on you OP.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    It’s one of the few skills that can be used against the roly poly stam builds to actually be able to hit them. Being able to dodge ALL damage over and over again is pretty OP.

Only stam can break it easily. On mag you can literaly break one. In no-cp one roll and one CC break is all you have
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    To cast fossilize you need to be riding piggy back with your target. In the new patch the thing costs an insane amount aswell. It’s good yes but it’s far from op.
    I hop from my dk to my stam sorc and run circles around poor dks trying to cc me. It’s got many nerfs already from root immunity, to cost increase, to range being spitting distance. I think it’s completely fair now for its power.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ypu can have fossilize if you give me back old cinderstorm or flames of oblivion or wings or dragonblood
    Edited by yodased on August 15, 2019 4:13AM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf this, then make unrelenting grip stun players for 3 seconds so we can replace it, because it will be useless.