The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update download going slower than normal?

Cavedog
Cavedog
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm capping out at a mere 250kbs downloading the patch today. Is everyone being capped really low this update?.....or is something going on with my internet today?
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How big is it supposed to be?. Mine just applied a small patch, errored about "manifest" being null, and is now downloading about 2.5gb

• Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My screen says update, the first portion anyway, is 2400Mb.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Thought it'd gone mad and started to download the whole thing again lol
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2.7gb according to the patch notes.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    I'm capping out at a mere 250kbs downloading the patch today. Is everyone being capped really low this update?.....or is something going on with my internet today?

CRAP yes bro..thought i could use the last of my 4 GB DATA left from my phone at 1.5 MBps... get in the game.. that THING dropped it to 100 kbps.... and then i just gave the CRAP up...
    Edited by LuxLunae on August 12, 2019 4:40PM
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah mine is hovering at about 1mbps and less. I usually get 15. Weird. No ESO before work today :( which means missing a day of the event and daily rewards. Poop.
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think mine took 15 min total
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone experiencing a slow download while updating to the latest patch, please try the suggestions listed in our help article below.

Is there anything I can do about slow download speeds for The Elder Scrolls Online?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Borat
    Borat
    ✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing a really low update. Got to 28% in 1:30h and restarted launcher. after 2:15h I'm stuck at 30%.

Using steam and never had problems before, never takes more than a few minutes. Download speed is always between 5 and 10 MB/s.

Is there anything I can do?
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mine seemed about normal. took 2 cigarettes to complete.

:#
  • Gray_Raven
    Gray_Raven
    ✭✭
    Got mine to 28 percent as well and had to restart as it progressed no further. It's already starting to get to the late afternoon, so I would imagine the server download(s) will be increasing, reducing my speeds even further.

UPDATE: Looks like there's a big "hill" at the 30 percent mark when applying the patch that appears to look dormant. After a little while and what seems like 5 mins per percent, the patch resumes and proceeds normally.
    Edited by Gray_Raven on August 12, 2019 9:37PM
  • Duskruler
    Duskruler
    ✭✭✭
    7hrs and at 39% Looks like im going to miss 2 tickets because this will not be DL by midnight, Im about ready to uninstall the whole game!!

Edited by Duskruler on August 12, 2019 11:44PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I got lucky. 10 minutes is all mine took.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just followed the link's instructions and while I didn't change anything(cus my max speed was already set at unlimited) the download suddenly sped up, weird.